Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:32:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
-Royal
-Zaradi
-TUF
-Thaddeus

And for the sake of keeping it short ill leave it at that.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:40:56 PM
I don't actually fear anybody, but I always try to get Royal out first, if I'm mafia. In addition (even though I have never really played with him) I really don't want Bluesteel on another team, also. Third, if Danielle plays, I am going to have to watch out, town or mafia. I guess I should be wary of Drafter, but I'm not. *shrugs*
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:42:55 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:41:21 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Myself.

OH THIS-I-TY THIS THIS THIS!!! I was going to put that, but I decided not to for some reason. I watch myself to see if I'm doing anything stupid (which I probably am.)
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:45:01 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:42:55 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Myself.

OH THIS-I-TY THIS THIS THIS!!! I was going to put that, but I decided not to for some reason. I watch myself to see if I'm doing anything stupid (which I probably am.)

No seriously, I am one badass mafia player ;)
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:45:46 PM
At 4/6/2012 6:45:01 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 4/6/2012 6:42:55 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Myself.

No seriously, I am one badass mafia player ;)

I'm not, however.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 6:49:55 PM
If i were another player and I saw myself joining a game I'd be thinkin one of two things:

Mafia: Ha hes gonna screw up and get lynched
Town: Easy mislynchhh
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:23:13 PM
If a player is sufficiently they tend not to be 'afraid' per se. I know there are some players who will see through a disguise of mine, and some who will see through such disguises commonly. Why am I not 'afraid' then? Because the main way to die as Mafia is through lynches, and if one is sufficiently persuasive during the DP then one won't get lynched very often. It's quite rare for a single player to see through Mafia disguises and get a person with a good disguise lynched singlehandedly. Obviously, if my disguise is poor it's my fault, and so I'm not really afraid of anybody, but angry at myself.

Having said all that, Danielle is the only person I'd be afraid of as Mafia. I've always been seen through eventually if she's alive and I'm Mafia. While that hasn't always resulted in a lynch, it's uncanny. Most players I've sometimes tricked, so I'm not afraid of them. Danielle is an exception to that, which makes her so fearsome.

Of course, I'm likely interpreting 'afraid' to be a different thing to what the OP is referring to.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:24:52 PM
F-16 just because when he's active you have to do everything perfectly, because he's going to make sure all possible info is out before making a decision.

Other players like danielle/bluesteel, I havent been mafia much when they're town, so not enough info.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:29:02 PM
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Sorry, but I have been mafia too few times with too many different people to consistently fear someone as town. That's not to say that there aren't excellent town players (F-16, medic, bluesteel) but if I am lynched as Mafia, then it is either my fault (Mob wars, Solar System) or Town got lucky (Pokemon).
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:32:41 PM
At 4/6/2012 7:24:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
F-16 just because when he's active you have to do everything perfectly, because he's going to make sure all possible info is out before making a decision.

Other players like danielle/bluesteel, I havent been mafia much when they're town, so not enough info.

I'll concur with the F-16 notion, though I have only been "against" him once in Gangsters, but he was cult, then.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 7:39:45 PM
I don't neccesarily fear anyone, and will be the the one to defend myself against any reasoning.

I fear whoever get's the bad results that implicate me though. I think there are a lot of people who are equally great threats though.

People who I consider a threat and will vote to kill off early on are:
1st: Drafterman

Other than that, it really just depends on the game. Drafterman is always a threat though.

People like royal, zaradi and LK, aren't too big a threat to me, while they are good players. I will easily yell at them back and forth for 10 pages until they give up and pressure someone else. The difference between them and drafterman, is drafterman will fish up a butt load of information and defend it intellegentlly, even information that you cannot refute. While the other ones will eventually give up or resort to insults, and eventually turn it into a flame war rather than actually trying to logically deduct your guilt.

On the other hand I haven't experienced this for a while, as lately I have been requesting townie roles from mods ( I am obsessed with townie wins, and love the thrill of lynching a guilty person, and knowing that you added towards their lynch. It is way better than the thrill of winning as a mafia, and being slimy and scummy, IMO)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 8:07:16 PM
At 4/6/2012 7:39:45 PM, TUF wrote:
I don't neccesarily fear anyone, and will be the the one to defend myself against any reasoning.

I fear whoever get's the bad results that implicate me though. I think there are a lot of people who are equally great threats though.

People who I consider a threat and will vote to kill off early on are:
1st: Drafterman

Other than that, it really just depends on the game. Drafterman is always a threat though.

People like royal, zaradi and LK, aren't too big a threat to me, while they are good players. I will easily yell at them back and forth for 10 pages until they give up and pressure someone else. The difference between them and drafterman, is drafterman will fish up a butt load of information and defend it intellegentlly, even information that you cannot refute. While the other ones will eventually give up or resort to insults, and eventually turn it into a flame war rather than actually trying to logically deduct your guilt.

On the other hand I haven't experienced this for a while, as lately I have been requesting townie roles from mods ( I am obsessed with townie wins, and love the thrill of lynching a guilty person, and knowing that you added towards their lynch. It is way better than the thrill of winning as a mafia, and being slimy and scummy, IMO)

+1 interwebz for you
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 8:16:29 PM
At 4/6/2012 8:14:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Well, this thread did not attract as much attention as I hoped it would.

Just keep bumpin it, im sure it will ;)
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 8:23:15 PM
Well I'm generally concerned about most of the players already mentioned.. But I generally feel like I'm my own worst enemy. As still a relatively new player, I usually feel that I'm going to do something stupid that is going to get me outed as mafia.

So I'm most fearful of my own inexperience.

But the following players are pros and are definitely worth keeping an eye on in any game:

F_16
Zaradi
TUF
Royal
Thad
LDF
Mestari
Medic
Drafterman
Bluesteel

All of these players make me nervous, and I'd kill any one of them on NP1 if given the chance.
Debate.org Moderator
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:33:15 PM
Drafter
Falcon
LDF
Logic
Royal
Bluesteel

Those players worry me the most, but not necessarily in that order. Everyone has good and bad streaks.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:33:50 PM
Im glad to see im not a feared player. :)
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:07:10 PM
At 4/6/2012 7:23:13 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
If a player is sufficiently they tend not to be 'afraid' per se. I know there are some players who will see through a disguise of mine, and some who will see through such disguises commonly. Why am I not 'afraid' then? Because the main way to die as Mafia is through lynches, and if one is sufficiently persuasive during the DP then one won't get lynched very often. It's quite rare for a single player to see through Mafia disguises and get a person with a good disguise lynched singlehandedly. Obviously, if my disguise is poor it's my fault, and so I'm not really afraid of anybody, but angry at myself.

Having said all that, Danielle is the only person I'd be afraid of as Mafia. I've always been seen through eventually if she's alive and I'm Mafia. While that hasn't always resulted in a lynch, it's uncanny. Most players I've sometimes tricked, so I'm not afraid of them. Danielle is an exception to that, which makes her so fearsome.

Of course, I'm likely interpreting 'afraid' to be a different thing to what the OP is referring to.

I agree that persuasion has alot to do with it when I'm mafia, but I'm finding that lately surviving a day phase as a townie is harder than doing so as mafia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:08:00 PM
At 4/6/2012 11:07:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I agree that persuasion has alot to do with it when I'm mafia, but I'm finding that lately surviving a day phase as a townie is harder than doing so as mafia.

At least you get to survive the Night Phases

I am very rarely lynched. I am usually Night Killed
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:10:38 PM
At 4/6/2012 11:08:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/6/2012 11:07:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:

At least you get to survive the Night Phases

I am very rarely lynched. I am usually Night Killed

Same here, I think the last time I was lynched as town was...beginners 3.2?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:21:58 PM
Drafter
Bluesteel
F-16
Danielle
Logic
Royal
Medic
Blackvoid

I wouldn't say scared, per se, unless they mention me. But more cautious, definitely.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:23:38 PM
Ok, so I think I have concessions from everyone. Now I just have to compile the data and use it every game to figure out who the Mafia are based on Night Kill patterns ;)

I tricked all of you :p