medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 3:55:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Another Bond bites the dust.

Quantum of Silence

Thaddeus- James Bond (Peirce Brosnan)- You played the role of Agent 007 very well, but be careful, you're not the only one. There are others who have played your role as well. Are they on your side, or are they against you?? You can find out by communicating with MI6 computers. Three times during the game you may submit a player's statement and have it lie detected. You win with MI6 (Town).

Buddamoose- Pvssy Galore- You are one of Bond's favorite girls, and thus are the beloved princess. If you are killed, a day phase will be skipped. You win with MI6 (Town).

Mestari2/Blackhawk- Goldfinger- You are the role-stealer. Each night you may steal someone's role and use it against a target of your choosing. You may only target each player once. You win with the Villains (Mafia).

Royal2 (PartamRuhem)- Miss Moneypenny- You are crucial to MI6 because your organizational skills help keep the agents in the know. That requires good communications, so you are tasked with recruiting those who are friendly to MI6 into a pm, where they can plan the attack on the villainous villains. Be careful though, if you attempt to recruit a villain, you will be killed. You win with MI6 (Town).

Zaradi- Jaws- Each night you may take someone into your iron grip and hold them, effectively blocking their role. You win with the Villains (Mafia).

TUF- James Bond (Roger Moore)- You played the role of Agent 007 in the 70's and 80‘s, but you have been called back into action by MI6. Your surveillance skills are needed. Each night you may track one player and be told who he visits. You win with MI6 (Town). **As the second best Bond, you are the backup cop if Sean Connery is killed. May investigate every other night but lose tracker ability.**

HCP- Hugo Drax- On night 1 you may fire a missile at a player which totally eliminates their role, and makes them vanilla for the rest of the game. If you hit Bond, you gain another shot to be used on night 5. There are two roles that are immune. You win with the Villains (Mafia).

Viper-King- Honey Rider- You were a big help to Bond in his fight against Dr. No, thus one time in the game, you may block all mafia night actions, except their kill. You win with MI6 (Town).

Lordknukle- Agent 002- Just like Bond you are licensed to kill, but do so more often. You are the dark side of MI6 and take care of the dirty work. Every other night you may kill a player. You win with MI6 (Town).

Mestari- James Bond (Sean Connery)- You are the original Agent 007, but be careful, you're not the only one. There are others who have played your role as well. Are they on your side, or are they against you?? Each night you may communicate with MI6, and inquire as to the allegiance of another player. Barring any interference, you'll be given their true allegiance. Because of your perseverance as Bond, you are one-shot bulletproof. You win with MI6 (Town)

Royalpaladin- James Bond (Daniel Craig)- You are the current Agent 007. You must find out who is working with you and protect them. You are a bodyguard but are enhanced by the abilities given to you by MI6, so each night you may protect one player from any negative night action. You may protect yourself but not on consecutive nights. You win with MI6 (Town).

Active Players

1. Airmax
5. Jordan
12. F-16
14. MIG

With 4 players it takes 3 to lynch.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:05:23 PM
Thad's role has convinced me that it is MIG who is the last mafia. It gives a vague hint that a Bond could be evil. This could apply to either me or MIG. While nothing about Thad's role is conclusive, combined with MIG's suspicious behavior, it seems to point towards him.

1) My role fits my character perfectly. MIG being the worst bond seems to make sense that he is the one that is evil.

2) I killed Royal (1) NP1. The mafia cannot have two kills in a night. The second kill must have come from a townie. That townie is me.

3) HCP deactivated my powers so I could not use it after NP1. No one else has counterclaimed this.

4) MIG did not counterclaim Budda when Budda said that he was a vanilla. MIG obviously hadn't decided at that point what he wanted to claim.

5) His behavior has been very suspicious. He simply popped in to place votes at convenient times and provided no analysis.

6) I am confirmed because of Royal's kill, and HCP stripping me off of my powers. Airmax can't possibly be mafia because his sensor results have turned out to be accurate. He also gave them without pressure or hesitation. I am not sure about Jordan but far more evidence points to MIG.

VTL MIG
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:20:17 PM
Alright. I was originally a serial killer (Medic confirmed that as the forgotten Bond of the film series, I would go about--exacting my revenge) who targeted Royalpaladin but then was struck by a missile early in the debate by the mafia and made a vanilla townie.

I did not counter-claim Buddha because at that time I was neither of the same vocation nor affilitation (however, I am a vanilla townie right now....and the mafia knows it:))
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:23:32 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:23:00 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
MIG, are admitting to be the serial killer?

Yes. I was the serial killer, but after being hit by the missile--I now win with the town.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:23:49 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:20:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Alright. I was originally a serial killer (Medic confirmed that as the forgotten Bond of the film series, I would go about--exacting my revenge) who targeted Royalpaladin but then was struck by a missile early in the debate by the mafia and made a vanilla townie.

What NP did this happen in?

I did not counter-claim Buddha because at that time I was neither of the same vocation nor affilitation (however, I am a vanilla townie right now....and the mafia knows it:))
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:27:10 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:23:49 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

The second....I believe RoyalPaladin's death was revealed during the beginning of the second day phase.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:28:51 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:27:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

The second....I believe RoyalPaladin's death was revealed during the beginning of the second day phase.

HCP- Hugo Drax- On night 1 you may fire a missile at a player which totally eliminates their role, and makes them vanilla for the rest of the game. If you hit Bond, you gain another shot to be used on night 5. There are two roles that are immune. You win with the Villains (Mafia).

See? HCP's role only allows him to shoot on night one. You just got busted.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:31:58 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:28:51 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/10/2012 4:27:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

See? HCP's role only allows him to shoot on night one. You just got busted.

Hmmm...that's very interesting. I however wonder if that's really a counter since I was told that I was hit by the missile on the second night phase, not that it was launched or anything.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:34:43 PM
I might have wrongly asserted that it was during the night phase. Looking back at the PM, it appears I might have been told during the second DAY phase.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:35:46 PM
HCP's power doesn't change affiliations. How can a serial killer turn into a townie? That doesn't even make sense. Besides, HCP targeted me on Night 1 as per his role and all my actions from then on were disabled. He couldn't have targeted MIG on NP2. There is no such provision in his role PM.

Here is the most likely explanation: MIG is mafia along with HCP. He is counterclaiming me in order to get me lynched. Also, the point about the worst bond being the evil one makes sense too.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:36:20 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:34:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I might have wrongly asserted that it was during the night phase. Looking back at the PM, it appears I might have been told during the second DAY phase.

That is certainly convenient...

paraphrase your serial killer role PM for me
Debate.org Moderator
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:38:26 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:36:20 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/10/2012 4:34:43 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

That is certainly convenient...

paraphrase your serial killer role PM for me

I am James Bond (George Lazenby) and because I am the forgotten Bond, I am a serial killer/survivor who kills another player each night. In order to survive, I must kill at least three members and survive to the end of the game.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:42:17 PM
So, where did you get this justification from:

At 4/9/2012 10:16:58 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I am James Bond (George Lanzenby) and I win with the town.

I have not special privileges or roles and am a vanilla townie.

You just made it up? This also completely throws apart the justification that since George Lazenby is the worst bond, he has no powers.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:43:38 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:42:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So, where did you get this justification from:

At 4/9/2012 10:16:58 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I am James Bond (George Lanzenby) and I win with the town.

I have not special privileges or roles and am a vanilla townie.

You just made it up? This also completely throws apart the justification that since George Lazenby is the worst bond, he has no powers.

I received the message after killing Royal...and in the midst of my plans of killing you/TUF.

Medic himself was surprised to see that the mafia targeted me.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:44:26 PM
MiG seems like the obvious choice... But one of you (f-16 or MiG) is lying... I went with my gut after looking at the evidence for HCP and Zaradi and will do the same here..

VTL MIG

Jordan, give it some thought first, maybe offer some analysis and explanation and then feel free to hammer.
Debate.org Moderator
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:52:19 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:35:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
HCP's power doesn't change affiliations. How can a serial killer turn into a townie?
"On night 1 you may fire a missile at a player which totally eliminates their role, and makes them vanilla for the rest of the game. If you hit Bond, you gain another shot to be used on night 5. There are two roles that are immune. You win with the Villains (Mafia)."
That doesn't even make sense. Besides, HCP targeted me on Night 1 as per his role and all my actions from then on were disabled. He couldn't have targeted MIG on NP2. There is no such provision in his role PM.

Here is the most likely explanation: MIG is mafia along with HCP. He is counterclaiming me in order to get me lynched. Also, the point about the worst bond being the evil one makes sense too.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 4:54:24 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:52:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
HCP's power doesn't change affiliations. How can a serial killer turn into a townie?
"On night 1 you may fire a missile at a player which totally eliminates their role, and makes them vanilla for the rest of the game. If you hit Bond, you gain another shot to be used on night 5. There are two roles that are immune. You win with the Villains (Mafia)."

Then you would be a vanilla third party (survivor). Nothing there about alignment changes.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 5:00:17 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:54:24 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/10/2012 4:52:19 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Then you would be a vanilla third party (survivor). Nothing there about alignment changes.

Well, to be fair, my serial killer role was tied to my role as a survivor...If I am no longer a serial killer, how can I still be a third party vanilla?

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 6:58:24 PM
At 4/10/2012 4:53:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
A View to a Kill

Mig 2/3- Falcon, Airmax
Debate.org Moderator
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 7:14:21 PM
At 4/10/2012 7:11:14 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Well I watched Thaddeus last night. No visits. Mafia have a ninja.

Figured. It fits with a vanilla claim as it explains why he can't be tracked or watched. Although, I don't get why Mestari visited TUF. He must have redirected him while MIG killed him.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 8:34:59 PM
At 4/10/2012 7:14:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/10/2012 7:11:14 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
Well I watched Thaddeus last night. No visits. Mafia have a ninja.

Figured. It fits with a vanilla claim as it explains why he can't be tracked or watched. Although, I don't get why Mestari visited TUF. He must have redirected him while MIG killed him.

I did not kill Mestari; the only person whom I was able to kill was RoyalPaladin as her former James Bond incarnation.....

My next target--either you or TUF went unfulfilled after I was struck with the missile.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 8:36:27 PM
At 4/10/2012 7:41:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Jordan, vote for MIG. He is the obvious mafia at this point. It can't be me (see my first post) and it can't be Airmax.

Hmmm.....That's quite interesting indeed to say. I do suppose that may be true....however, I stand by my word.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 8:46:07 PM
"I killed Royal (1) NP1. The mafia cannot have two kills in a night. The second kill must have come from a townie. That townie is me."

And with this statement, I would like to VTL F-16.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 8:48:55 PM
At 4/10/2012 8:46:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
"I killed Royal (1) NP1. The mafia cannot have two kills in a night. The second kill must have come from a townie. That townie is me."

And with this statement, I would like to VTL F-16.

I'm not sure I understand your objection to the statement..
But either way, Jordan, Vote for MIG, F-16, or me, but do something to move the game along..

Explain if, or why, you have reservations about any of those options and perhaps we can resolve them...
Debate.org Moderator