Jump to topic:

Burn Notice DP3

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:07:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fiona leaned up from looking down the scope of a high-powered sniper rifle to look at who was causing her phone to buzz, only to turn on her blu-tooth headset and accept the call when she saw that the caller was Sam. "Sam, this really isn't the greatest time right now to be making social calls..." Fiona mused, pulling back the bolt and inserting a round into the chamber.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but we got great news. The police just picked up Brennan! He's facing all of his nine lives in a secret prison in Siberia, so he won't be bothering us anymore. What are you doing anyway, that makes it a bad time to call?" Sam explained.

"Taking out an enemy of our own..." she explained softly, taking a deep breath and squeezing the trigger as she exhaled, sending a bullet hurtling through the air and straight through John Barrett's head. "There, that should make our job a bit easier."

Another gunshot went off after that, and Fiona turned around to watch as Marv, Jesse's former handler, fall down, his chest riddled with bullet holes. "Sam! Someone just shot Marv!" Fiona yelled into her headset before packing up and getting out of there.

"Oh boy" was Sam's only response.

FourTrouble. you are Brennan, arms dealer and general low-life thug. Though you possess the smarts to see through most covers, you lack the ability to really deal with most threats. Your vast resources and contacts still make you a formidable opponent. Thus, you are the Mafia goon. Every night, you may select one person to die. You also possess, through your dealing in the arms trade, the firepower to shatter all protections for a night to ensure the kill goes successfully. This is a one-shot ability, so use it wisely. You win with the mafia.

You are John Barrett, a global market superpower and secretly dirty businessman whose hand is in almost every illegal deal that goes on in Miami. Your resources and legit cover as a businessman allows you to raise a following of all your own. Thus, you are the Cult Leader. You possess the ability to recruit up to three people. You may only recruit one person per night. If you attempt to recruit a member of the mafia, you will die. You win when the Cult has a majority of the players left.

You are Marv, CIA handler and former handler of Jesse Porter. You're a man who works by the book, but your loyalty to your former agent sometimes leads you to help him out in tough situations, even though he's burned. Thus, you're the townie Cop. Every night, you may investigate one person to figure out to which side they are aligned to. You win with the town.

Dead:
TUF - Michael Westin - JOAT
FourTrouble - Brennan - Goon
Drafterman - John Barrett - Cult Leader
Budda - Marv - Cop

Living:
Mestari
Royal
USM
F-16
Apollo
VK
LK
Medic
Vmpire

With nine people alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 8:35:47 AM
1) So obvious who cult went for
2) You suck mafia! Lucky guess :(
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 9:28:04 AM
Anybody have a Drafterlist?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 9:31:44 AM
Obviously Drafterman tried to recruit a Mafioso last night. That also means that he also recruited a townie on NP1. Nobody is confirmed anymore until we figure out exactly who he would have targeted.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:31:30 AM
Ok. Let's hear her defence first, though.

VTL Royal
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:33:42 AM
Guys, you are making a mistake. I am not Mafia. It was very obvious that F_16 was going to check my claim last NP, so the only possible explanation for his result is that the Mafia have some sort of LD-framing ability.

You are free to lynch me, but it would be a mistake :/
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:39:42 AM
At 4/11/2012 10:33:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Guys, you are making a mistake. I am not Mafia. It was very obvious that F_16 was going to check my claim last NP, so the only possible explanation for his result is that the Mafia have some sort of LD-framing ability.

Sorry.

Not good enough.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:46:16 AM
At 4/11/2012 10:39:42 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 4/11/2012 10:33:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Sorry.

Not good enough.

I will go ahead and claim. I am Max, Michael's partner. Since I am a CIA agent, I am a cop.

NP1: Investigated Budda. Result: Innocent
NP2: Investigated LordKnukle Result: Innocent
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:47:32 AM
I realize that my claim is fishy because Budda was also a cop, but perhaps F_16 could check my statement tonight to confirm that what I am saying is true.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:52:58 AM
F-16, what statement did you LD?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:57:31 AM
At 4/11/2012 9:31:44 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Obviously Drafterman tried to recruit a Mafioso last night. That also means that he also recruited a townie on NP1. Nobody is confirmed anymore until we figure out exactly who he would have targeted.

It should be freakin obvious who he tried to recruit. >_>

*back to being dead*
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:57:34 AM
I didn't LD her. I can also rolecop people a limited number of times in place of LDing them. I rolecopped her to see her entire role PM. She is Vaughn, the mafia JOAT.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 10:59:34 AM
This is fairly straightforward. Royal fake-claimed a cop. She is obviously going to claim some sort of flavor later on (naive or insane). Flavored cop is generally not a bad claim but her character is quite minor. That and the guilty results should be enough to lynch her.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 11:07:03 AM
Dead
1) TUF - Michael Westen - JOAT - Town
2) FT - Brennan - Goon - Mafia
3) Drafter - John Barrett - Cult Leader
4) Budda - Marv - Cop

Role Claim
1) F-16 - ???? - LD
2) Royal - Max - Cop

Character Claim
3) Apollo - Fiona
4) VK - Sugar

No Claim
5) USM
6) LK
7) Mestari
8) Vmpire
9) Medic
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 11:22:34 AM
Ok, now F_16 is straight up lying. I am not a Mafia JOAT. Does anybody actually believe that he is a Rolecop and a JOAT? That is completely redundant, first, since LDs can check roleclaims, and second, it completely overpowers his character. The Mafia would have no way to stop him.

Unfortunately, I do not see a motivation for him to lie. Since his role overpowers the town, the Mafia must have some tool to compensate. The obvious choice would be a role that lets the Mafia display any affiliation and Role PM to the investigator if he targets the individual that they frame.

Moreover, my character is minor, but there are only three major characters in the whole series.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 12:30:48 PM
At 4/11/2012 12:24:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:
We need a claims list.

I made a Drafterlist in the previous page.

Falcon what is your character??

I don't think it is a good idea to reveal mine or anyone else's character at this moment. I found Royal is mafia so let's lynch her and we can get more claims next DP.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 12:53:22 PM
Stop doubting F-16. He handed us a mafia DP2 in FourTrouble and now claims to have another. Even if he supposedly bussed FT, he wouldn't lead a role-cop mislynch, that's crazy because most frames only work for affiliation cops. Plus, my results confirm his. I am the every night role cop. I role copped Royal and received the same results. I was silenced DP2 and thus could not out my results (that is why my first post comes after the official lynch is final and the DP in technical terms is over, but I still couldn't out my results yet). VTL Royalpaladin.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 12:54:36 PM
At 4/11/2012 12:53:22 PM, Mestari wrote:
Stop doubting F-16. He handed us a mafia DP2 in FourTrouble and now claims to have another. Even if he supposedly bussed FT, he wouldn't lead a role-cop mislynch, that's crazy because most frames only work for affiliation cops. Plus, my results confirm his. I am the every night role cop. I role copped Royal and received the same results. I was silenced DP2 and thus could not out my results (that is why my first post comes after the official lynch is final and the DP in technical terms is over, but I still couldn't out my results yet). VTL Royalpaladin.

And if anybody was wondering, I was roleblocked last night. Something about somebody getting me hammered and I was out for the night, I can pull up the exact statement in a moment if you guys want it.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 12:59:26 PM
Ok, so now the town has two role cops, and they both targeted me? This is nonsense. F_16 was just counter claimed as Role Cop, by the way.

It should be obvious that I was framed.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 1:01:51 PM
At 4/11/2012 12:59:26 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, so now the town has two role cops, and they both targeted me? This is nonsense. F_16 was just counter claimed as Role Cop, by the way.

A LD framer? Is that even possible? (Okay, it is, but it is extremely unlikely. I don't think that Zaradi is going to create roles out of thin air for his first game.)
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 1:02:00 PM
At 4/11/2012 12:59:26 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

F-16 obviously has multiple powers. It's quite likely he's a form of a JOAT or an Inventor as well. I'm the every night role cop. I did NOT counterclaim him. I have no reason to believe he is not scum. And I targeted you NP1, he targeted you NP2. You were role-framed BOTH nights? The only reason you weren't outed last DP is because I as silenced. The noose is in that direction. *Points*
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 1:05:55 PM
At 4/11/2012 1:04:16 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Unofficial Vote Count

Royal - 4/5 - F-16, LK, USM, Mestari

Did not vote: Apollo, VK, Medic, Vmpire, Royal

Medic tops my suspicions list for asking F-16 to character claim after handing up a mafioso DP2 and claiming to have another DP3 instead of VTLing the obvious scum.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2012 1:09:02 PM
Ok, first of all Mestari is Mafia and is jumping on F_16's framed results to get me lynched. Do you guys really think that there is a cop, an LD/Rolecop, and a Rolecop in addition to me, a second cop? That is just absurd. The only way to balance this out is to give the Mafia manipulation powers that would have me framed. Either Mestari is Mafia or he and F_16 are rolecops and my story is confirmed because the town has too many power roles.