Jump to topic:

DoT Endgame

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 3:47:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The consequences of your actions will be found out in the sequel which will go up if there is enough demand. I personally believe that though it was different conceptually from Koopin's game, his was still objectively superior. The lack of necessary exploration and the need for staying at one or two bases grounded his game and made it less about where to go next, but more how to protect the group best.
Some feedback first.

(Anyone can answer this one regardless of whether they played) Would you be interested in playing a sequel and if your character survived would you be interested in keeping it?

Was the story/world engaging enough?

Would it have been better had you been able to choose your own characters, (bearing in mind that most combat orientated characters/badasses would have been vetoed)?

What was your biggest issue with the game?

General opinion of the game?

If I think of other questions I'll put them in later.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 3:50:40 PM
At 4/14/2012 3:49:04 PM, Viper-King wrote:
LET"S DO THIS!!! nac

If you are up for the next game, I'd definitely give you a different character. Your response to most situations is violence so it would be necessary to reflect that in your character.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 3:53:59 PM
At 4/14/2012 3:50:40 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/14/2012 3:49:04 PM, Viper-King wrote:
LET"S DO THIS!!! nac

If you are up for the next game, I'd definitely give you a different character. Your response to most situations is violence so it would be necessary to reflect that in your character.

Definitely.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 3:57:03 PM
At 4/14/2012 3:47:37 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
The consequences of your actions will be found out in the sequel which will go up if there is enough demand. I personally believe that though it was different conceptually from Koopin's game, his was still objectively superior. The lack of necessary exploration and the need for staying at one or two bases grounded his game and made it less about where to go next, but more how to protect the group best.
Some feedback first.

(Anyone can answer this one regardless of whether they played) Would you be interested in playing a sequel and if your character survived would you be interested in keeping it?

Definitely.
Would it have been better had you been able to choose your own characters, (bearing in mind that most combat orientated characters/badasses would have been vetoed)?
Yes.
Knowing what was happening.
9/10
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 3:57:53 PM
Would you be interested in playing a sequel and if your character survived would you be interested in keeping it?

Yes

Yes

I don't think it matters too much

Ignorance of the rest of the players, who were so un willing to see past their initial given goal, thinking, that in order to win the game, they must do as the guardians said.

It was fun, I liked to stay in character.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 3:59:16 PM
I would post sign-ups for mine, but my parents have my laptop, which is where all of my stuff is for this. So I'm a little bit handicapped xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 4:00:24 PM
At 4/14/2012 3:59:16 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I would post sign-ups for mine, but my parents have my laptop, which is where all of my stuff is for this. So I'm a little bit handicapped xD

Natch. Don't worry, I'll fight any man who dares put their signups before you on your behalf!
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 4:00:46 PM

Still? How badly are you failing math and english?
Sapere Aude!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 4:12:39 PM

Dont forget to auto-sign me up!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 4:15:05 PM

Yes and yes

Absolutely, and quite funny

No

It got a tad slow at times but thats more due to lack of active players

I enjoyed it, it was humorous and a blast to play

"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 6:35:07 PM
Some feedback first.

Yes, but given the direction I took my character, I'd choose a different character.

Yes.

Uhm. I did choose my own character.

Lack of activity; failure of some people to RP/Stay in Character

I liked it. It was mainly player driven which is what such games should be, but you weren't afraid to railroad some people.

I actually have mixed feelings regarding how I played my character which, I felt, was slightly out of character.

At several points in the game I became a de facto leader, which is not what I intended. Unggar was supposed to be a simpleton. He had a hammer and every problem was a nail. I had to play him more intelligent and cunning or else the game would not have progressed. That is why I ended up by basically saying the Guardians had tampered with his brain. As a simpleton he was hopelessly one-track minded, so they just gave him enough smarts to carry out his mission without questioning it.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:02:18 AM
I'm not sure how I missed this. I had been wondering where the end game was.

*Was the story/world engaging enough?

Yes. Definitely a cool concept, with engaging ideas and characters.

*Would it have been better had you been able to choose your own characters, (bearing in mind that most combat orientated characters/badasses would have been vetoed)?

I really enjoyed my character, it gave me an opportunity to RP in ways I hadn't expected. But I did feel it limited what I could do often, as I tried to maintain my character's role and personality as best I could.

Sometimes this meant inactivity, or taking a backseat to more action oriented characters, while I just stayed protective of myself. This allowed me to do a lot early in the game, and mold my character somehow how I felt was appropriate, but limited me somewhat later on. And ultimately I made choices late in the game for the sake of activity, and not necessarily because I thought it was what my character should do.

*What was your biggest issue with the game?

I didn't always know what was going on. When the threads became longer it became more difficult for me to follow or know what was currently happening. This was mostly my own fault though.

*General opinion of the game?

I thought it was fun, compelling and had especially interesting characters.
Debate.org Moderator
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:06:52 AM
Generally it seems like lack of understanding what is going on is major theme. Possibly to many combat orientated scenarios.
In the sequel, I will try and have a re-cap and a broad description of the area posted every few pages, regardless of whether people ask for it. Also, fewer aggressive npcs
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:11:16 AM
At 4/19/2012 8:06:52 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Generally it seems like lack of understanding what is going on is major theme. Possibly to many combat orientated scenarios.
In the sequel, I will try and have a re-cap and a broad description of the area posted every few pages, regardless of whether people ask for it. Also, fewer aggressive npcs

Ah no more little evil demon childs eh? goood....
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:12:28 AM
At 4/19/2012 8:11:16 AM, TUF wrote:
At 4/19/2012 8:06:52 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

Ah no more little evil demon childs eh? goood....

Heh. Actually had he not been killed he would have shown a few select memories of the volunteers to the group.