10. Marauder
11. Medic
12. tulle (Nonentity)
13. PartamRuhem
14. Xerge
15. TUF

It takes 8 votes to lynch.

Rules

1.All standard rules apply. If you don't know what standard rules are PM me.
2.D Ps will end based on which option has the most votes (if time runs out). Once a lynch is reached it is final.
3. Refrain from swearing, obscenities and such if you can. This is intended to be civilised.
4. I determine who is replaced by my own discretion. Be active. This game requires activity on all parts.
5. Blackvoid is my co-mod and speaks with authority. However, my word can override his if there is a mix up.
6. There is no LD of any sort. Don't waste my time with such statements (also, people win with the town) .

Finally, not that this should come as a surprise in a Mafia game, nobody involved in this Mafia game is to be trusted, besides the moderators.

If there's any confusion ask in your respective role PMs.

Now let's have a quality Mafia game!

OP follows after this post.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:40:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Story

Clark Schneider looked out hauntingly as the faint sound of a car drifted away in the dead of the night. He gave himself but a moment to listen to the distant sounds of the nearby moor before hurriedly slipping into his room and turning on a lamp. Moving over to a set of elegant curtains, he opened them up, letting the faint light stream into the dimly lit room. He also noted that the clouds appeared ominous, gathering for what would be a storm.

More importantly though he would hear the sound of a car returning if anybody came to check on him.

Best to make sure that it was done by then. Clark hurriedly started typing up a letter. What a fool he'd been. Despite the fact that threats had been given to him, his wife taken from him and the knowledge of ill intent on the part of those that threatened him so, he still felt remorse at having helped the dastardly villains.

Alas, his banks' funds had enabled Frances Monde to continue his efforts to find The Golden Garden of Folsense. Houses had been destroyed throughout the town as Frances had looked for The Golden Garden. Previous efforts to find the garden had failed, so Frances had deduced that the garden hid somewhere that was occupied. What a travesty this had become.

Clark snapped out of his reverie. He craned his neck slowly to the right as he heard the sound of footsteps slowly moving through his house. Frances Monde had returned.

In the throes of paranoia, Clark realised that his letter had only skirted the problems facing Folsense. He hoped that the tone of his letter was strident enough, but he knew that he had failed. He had not revealed any of the conspirators yet, nor what they were doing or their plans. Alas, it was too late now.

Clark jumped slightly as he heard a knock on the door.

"May I come in Clark?" asked the polished voice of Frances Monde.

"Of course," replied Clark as he finished sending his letter and shut his laptop, automatically logging off.

Frances Monde entered the room. Clark hustled over to a bookshelf.

"Clark my friend, I thought you'd have been out on this fine evening. Surely nothing came up that made you stay at home?"

"Frances, please, it is nothing of the sort. I've simply been admiring the night from afar. Now, would you like some wine? Perhaps the chardonnay, a favourite of yours?"

"Please Clark, I would not have you trudge down to the cellar on my behalf. Besides, given the tenuous nature of our acquaintance, I must ask why your computer is on if you are by the bookshelf."

The blood drained from Clark's face.

"It's really quite simple Frances. I got tired staring at blaring light of the screen, but kept it on to do work later, and listened to the sounds of the night, a great accompaniment to The Hound of the Baskervilles." Frances procured a thin smile.

"I can quite imagine that. But, I must ask that you log on to your computer and let me search it, just in case you are lying. We can't have word get out about anything I have planned."

Clark froze momentarily. He would be in severe trouble if his computer was checked, but could he do otherwise?

"I can't let you do that," stated Clark simply. Frances Monde looked curiously at Clark.

"I hope you realise what you are attesting to," replied Frances coolly.

"I attest to nothing! It is a matter of privacy," stated Clark firmly.

Frances Monde shook his head and gestured in the dark. Figures appeared from the hallway. Clark looked upon his new visitors.

"Never did I imagine that you had come this far Frances. And you" , he said gesturing at the visitors, "why join a treacherous man like Frances?" A man drew a weapon. Frances put up his hand. He wanted to let this play out a little longer.

"Clark, these men know what they want, and they know that I can get it for them, with their help being quite useful. Your choice is most unfortunate however."

"Frances, let it be crystal clear that my death will alert the town. You can't take that chance and possibly find the Golden Garden!" Frances laughed, as did his men.

"If you think that that threatens me you are sorely mistaken."

A short, piercing scream cut blew away the silence of the night. Frances looked at Clark.

"You fool. You chose the wrong path." Frances and his friends walked away, turning out the lamp with their gloved hands. Clark lay in the darkness, his heart beating it's final few beats.

"I... I wish I hadn't... I..."

And Clark Schneider died.

The following morning and the force is swarming all over Clark's home and property.

A detective glanced at the incoming arrival. He let out a cry.

"Chief Barnaby! It's good to have you on the case sir! It’s baffling us and we need your help."

"This isn't the time for dallying, we have work to do. Now, could I be told the particulars of the case please," said Police Chief Walter Barnaby.

"Sir, we arrived here this morning on the report of a Miss Hunter, Mr. Schneider's neighbour, who heard a scream during the night. When we arrived we searched the house, but it was Detective Cunningham who found the body."

"Where was the body?"

"Well, that's the strange thing. Clark's body was found in the garden. We've deduced that he fell through the shattered window above the garden."

"Tell me, are you saying this was a suicide?"

"Well, that's the strange thing sir. Clarke was clutching a blade which had his own blood on it and his blood is on the shattered window, but there is also a great deal of blood on the carpet in Clark's study. We believe Clark cut himself in suicide, but decided to hasten his end by jumping through the window." The detective led Chief Barnaby into Clark's study, gesturing at the pile of blood on the carpet.

"Were there any of intruders Detective Jones?"

"Not that we've been able to deduce sir."

"Thank you Jones. If you don't mind I'd like to observe the scene for a moment."

"Of course sir."

Chief Barnaby inspected the room. Yes, it was indeed an odd crime, but there were some particulars that served to question the judgement of his men.

"I take it you all believe that this was suicide?" The chief's men either nodded or shrugged.

"Well, I'm not saying this wasn't suicide, but there are some things that don't add up. Look around the room. You might note that Clark's laptop is still on. You haven't been able to log on by some chance?"

"No sir."

"Indeed strange. I find it odd that Clark's laptop is on and there is a book slightly pulled from the bookshelf. Jones, what's the title say?"

"Sir, it's Sherlcok Holmes. The Hound of the Baskervilles." The chief nodded.

"Interesting. I find it terribly intriguing that a man known to have a stable mind would leave his computer on and pull out a book before for some reason deciding to go and kill himself. To the police department's knowledge Clark was perfectly sane. I'm stating that this could well be murder."

"Then what is our killer's motive?" asked Detective Jones dumbly. Chief Barnaby walked around the room, contemplating the devilish situation.

"A difficult question. Our killer, if there is one, must have thought Clark a threat. Presumably, the killer had some dealing with Clark that he wished to stay quiet. Clark may have tried to expose this dealing and got himself killed. If our killers could kill Clark they must have had some sort of leverage. I propose that Clark's wife who was 'on a holiday' was in fact being held captive."

"Sir, do have any evidence instead of theories?"

"I might have Jones. Gerald, can you tell me if the blade found on Clark's body matches with the wound on his chest?" The physician Gerald, a timid man, spoke.

continued in next post (not much left!)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:42:02 AM
"Well sir, it's a puzzling matter. The wound is very similar to what I'd expect but not exactly so. Furthermore, the only weapon that I could see fitting this crime..."

"Continue Gerald," said Chief Barnaby reassuringly.

"Well, call me demented, but the wound perfectly matches the wound that a Roman spear would have dealt. Except, no spear of the type in question has been seen or used in a 1000 years." Chief Barnaby's face jumped into shock before he composed himself.

"This is only a totally unproven theory, but only an archaeologist could get his hands on such a spear. Perhaps an archaeologist would be searching for the Golden Garden. Regardless, our killer is clearly well funded, and so must be on our sharpest guard..."

Meanwhile...

A man stood admiring the splendid view before him from his foreboding vantage point, his attention on the commotion before him.

"Well, the actors do assemble. Perhaps this time I'll get involved. Maybe, we'll even call it justice..."

The figure drew his sword and closed the curtain, going into planning...
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:48:30 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:36:48 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Well, better get this ball rolling VTL F-16.

I'd say noob rule but there are hardly any noobs (inb4 F-16 cries out, THERE'S LIE TOTALLY TWO NOOBS BRO). Plus, after seeing F-16 log off when asked to claim and delaying a DP several hours, to log on and give us a one-sentence claim he could have given earlier, I'd like his character now. VTL F-16.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:48:54 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:47:53 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
VTL Xerge. Noob rule.

Damn it I was 37 seconds too late.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:49:15 AM
Xerge, Royal, and Drafterman are all less experienced than me so we can get their claims. There are also plenty of people who haven't been active lately so are better targets than simply going with whatever FREEDO picked.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:50:01 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:49:15 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Xerge, Royal, and Drafterman are all less experienced than me so we can get their claims. There are also plenty of people who haven't been active lately so are better targets than simply going with whatever FREEDO picked.

Fvcking called it.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:52:26 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:48:30 AM, Mestari wrote:

I'd say noob rule but there are hardly any noobs (inb4 F-16 cries out, THERE'S LIE TOTALLY TWO NOOBS BRO). Plus, after seeing F-16 log off when asked to claim and delaying a DP several hours, to log on and give us a one-sentence claim he could have given earlier, I'd like his character now. VTL F-16.

can't use another game as justification for this game. pretty fishy reasoning.

I'll go with my buddy for the newbest newb.

vtl xerge.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:53:51 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:52:26 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/16/2012 12:48:30 AM, Mestari wrote:

can't use another game as justification for this game. pretty fishy reasoning.

I'll go with my buddy for the newbest newb.

vtl xerge.

Eh, F-16 is always kicking and screaming when he claims. I'd rather get it out of the way right now than later. We can get Xerge's claim next if you'd like.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:55:08 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:52:03 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Bunny is right. F_16 should be pressured first since he is obvious when he is scum.

Actually, that is reason not to pressure him. You know him and can read his behavior when it's scum, so there is really no point in making him claim right now. First pressure is meant for people that we can't get good reads on from behavior alone, hence getting the claims from the newbs early on.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:56:25 AM
I think we should definitely get Royal's claim (noob rule). Royal is actually the noobiest person besides Xerge. I think Mestari is a good target because he is actually suspicious and desperate (using any reasoning, even ad hom) to get claims.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:57:02 AM
What i find more interesting is that one of the best townie players gets picked out to claim first because he was scummy in another game.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 12:57:14 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:56:25 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I think we should definitely get Royal's claim (noob rule). Royal is actually the noobiest person besides Xerge. I think Mestari is a good target because he is actually suspicious and desperate (using any reasoning, even ad hom) to get claims.

False.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:00:03 AM
At 4/16/2012 12:57:02 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
What i find more interesting is that one of the best townie players gets picked out to claim first because he was scummy in another game.

I quite frankly do not think F-16 is as good as the hype says. If I were trying to get good townies to claim, I would have picked Danielle or BS. In every game F-16 is in, he refuses to claim even with pressure. Do you really want to have that boring drawn out scenario again? Let's just get it over with now.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:03:04 AM
To be frank, the n00b rule does not apply in this game. There are no n00bs. Everyone here is an excellent player.

We should be targeting people who are not good at fakeclaiming. That means that the worst mafiosos claim first. I am sorry that we have to hurt people's feelings, but that is the most rational solution.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:03:39 AM
At 4/16/2012 1:00:03 AM, Mestari wrote:

I quite frankly do not think F-16 is as good as the hype says. If I were trying to get good townies to claim, I would have picked Danielle or BS. In every game F-16 is in, he refuses to claim even with pressure. Do you really want to have that boring drawn out scenario again? Let's just get it over with now.

I think that can apply to everyone. I don't think any experienced players should claim this game. I think we should stick to noob pressure: Royal, and Xerge.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:03:40 AM

sometimes it's justified not to give into claiming, especially for cruddy reasoning.

The one good thing is that f-16 can ask for protection on him if he claims.

I'm not voting for him out of policy though.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:04:53 AM
At 4/16/2012 1:03:40 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

sometimes it's justified not to give into claiming, especially for cruddy reasoning.

Oh, and, mestari. that was loaded with wifom. scum harder plox.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:05:32 AM
At 4/16/2012 1:03:39 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I think that can apply to everyone. I don't think any experienced players should claim this game. I think we should stick to noob pressure: Royal, and Xerge.

N00b pressure is determined by skill as a mafioso this game, buddy.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:05:55 AM
At 4/16/2012 1:04:53 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 4/16/2012 1:03:40 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Oh, and, mestari. that was loaded with wifom. scum harder plox.

Everything can be broken down to WIFOM LDF, you know that as well as I do. :)

Sometimes it's just personal.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 1:07:17 AM
At 4/16/2012 1:03:39 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I do hope you are joking.....