Jump to topic:

DDO mafia players (Mafia game):Endgame thread

marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:00:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well I hope everybody enjoyed the game. Overall I am quite pleased with the way the game worked. Other than FT(who had a difficult role) I think everything else worked out well.

Podium finishers:

1st place(all mafia)
1. HCP
2.Mestari
3.RoyalPaladin
4.Oberrherr

2nd place(3rd parties)
1. Greyparrot
2. Airmax

3rd place
1.Buddamoose(town
2.Fourtrouble(3rd party)
3.F16(town
4.Medic(town)
5.Marauder(town)

Other Awards:
Selfless Townie: TUF : For giving up his secondary win condition and sacrificing himself on greyparrot
Dark Horse:Marauder: For completing his secondary win condition with great skill.
Most Improved: (from the last time I saw you play): Vmpire
Most Punctual: USM: For best night action submit timings.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:01:53 AM
Can we get a list of roles?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:02:05 AM
Role PM's?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:02:27 AM
At 4/25/2012 12:01:53 AM, Mestari wrote:
Can we get a list of roles?

Haha
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:05:31 AM
Yay I got an award! Good game guys. Mafia you did great lol. But no as great as the mafia did in LK's hunger games mafia! ;-) jk.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:05:59 AM
At 4/25/2012 12:05:31 AM, TUF wrote:
Yay I got an award! Good game guys. Mafia you did great lol. But no as great as the mafia did in LK's hunger games mafia! ;-) jk.

Okay Kanye.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:06:05 AM
I can live with second place.

This was an interesting game and a lot of fun.
Good job modding Marcuscato...
And good game to all the players...
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:09:24 AM
Indeed, great game everyone.

Great job to you too marcus. Sorry for submitting my RB late and causing you to scrap all those night action calculations >_<
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:09:30 AM
List of roles and secondary winz:

Greyparrot:
AndroZ-Shade
Power: Unkillable, anybody who tries to kill you will be killed.
If someone attempts to nightkill you, they will die. If you are lynched, then the person who hammered(last vote) will die.
Win condition- 3rd party, You must kill four people to win.

Fourtrouble:
vmpire321: Insane player
Power: None
Win condition: You will be given a new win condition every 2 days/upon completion of existing win condition
/upon impossibility of exisiting win condition.
Goals(changing win conditions::
must not be visited by any player,lynch a mafia,lynch a townie, do not let __ be lynched, get visited by 2 players,
Alignment: 3rd party

Airmax:
Drafterman: 3rd party survivor+doctor
Power: Doctor, can protect self once in entire game.
Win condition: Survive 1 day when there are only 4 people left(including you)

Drafterman:
Bluesteel: 3rd party serial killer
Win condition-kill 4 people
Power: You can kill 1 person every night
You are also told that the town has a forensics expert.

ViperKing-replaced by Oberherr
Spritle :Annoying player
Power: Annoying player, anybody who visits you at night will be driven insane.(power utilized on random person)
Note: The night action on you will go through.The person will be told on whom they utilized the power during insanity(it just wont be the person they intended to use it on)
Win condition :mafia
Seconday win: Finish day1 with less than 11 pages.

RoyalPaladin:
Marcuscato: Ninja
Power: Your movements(night actions) are untraceable.
Win condition: mafia
Secondary win:Lynch a third party on day4

Mestari:
Logiconrails : You are the make it yourself-JackOfAllTrades
Power:You are given 5 options out of which you may choose upto 3 before the game starts. Each of these options comes with a
drawback. These drawbacks are cumulative and will apply in every possible scenario.
Also , you can use any number of powers perday, i.e. you can use all 3 of your 1 shot powers on the same day.
Options:
1 shot watcher- no night actions on even nights
1 shot recruit(person is given choice,recruitment is anonymous) - insanity(power utilized on random person)
1 shot roleblock- no multi power use
1 shot spidey-sense(you will be notified the first time you are visited by non-mafia,not affected by insanity,existence of this power
not revealed on death)-All night actions revealed to town on death.
1 shot kidnap- You will require 1 less vote to be lynched, it will not show up on the vote count
E.g.: Vote count: 5/7, then someone adds another vote and you are lynched.
Win condition: You win with the mafia
Secondary win:Choose 3 powers

HCP
Mestari- Godfather
Power: You appear innocent to affiliation detections,final say in mafia kills.
Win condition: mafia
secondary win condition: Claim to be a godfather death miller i.e. You are a townie who will appear innocent on investigation
and but will appear to be mafia godfather on death.

Marauder
Medic: You are the psychologist
Power:
You can check 1 player every night for insanity,paranoia etc OR you can treat one person, when a person is treated,
he will be cured of his problem However you will not be told if you are sucessful and you will not find out if that person
had any insanity,paranoia etc.
Win: You win with the town
Secondary Win:Name 1 person with investigative role by night2, you get 2 guesses, 1 on night1 and 1 on night 2

Kyro
LickDaFoot:You are a pro scumhunter, Lie detector
Power: Every alternate night you can lie detect 1 statement made on the same day. Your power starts on night 2.
Explanantion: You can check day 2 statements(on night2) day 4 on night4 etc.
Secondary win:Get 6 people to say "I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" on day3.

MIG:
Innomen : You are the gunsmith
Power: You can create 1 gun and give it to someone each night. That person can use gun on following night. You can
only give one gun every night. One person may only carry 1 gun(1 shot use) only. You can also
keep a gun with yourself. You can either use the gun or make another one.
Note: you can hold a max of 1 gun(1 shot use) just like everybody else.
You will not be told if gun is sucessfully/unsucessfully delivered.If person is already holding a gun, delivery is unsucessful.
You will not be told when/if a gun is fired. If a person fired a gun, he can be given a new gun.
Win condition: You win with the town
Seconday win: give somebody a gun on night1 and night 3

F16
BlackHawk: You are the make-it yourself-JackOfAllTrades(JOAT)
Power: You are given 5 options out of which you may choose upto 3 before the game starts. Each of these options comes with a
drawback. These drawbacks are cumulative and will apply in every possible scenario.
Also , you can use any number of powers perday, i.e. you can use all 3 of your 1 shot powers on the same day.
Options:
1 shot kill -miller
1 shot bullet proof-insanity(power utilized on random person)
1 shot cop- you require 1 less vote to lynch, this is not revealed in the vote count.
E.g. Vote count: 5/7 then one more person adds their vote and you are lynched.

1 shot watcher+tracker-no night actions on odd nights
1 shot doctor-no multi-power use.
Win condition: You win with the town.
Secondary win : Choose 3 powers

TUF
Partam Ruhem-forensics
Power: You can check 1 dead body(corpse) every night. You will be given a list of all the people who visited that person prior to death- in no particular order i.e.
you will not be told the order in which they visited or the days on which they visited.
Win condition: You win with the town.
Secondary Win: Pass a no lynch on day2

Thaddeus:
kyro90-cop
Power: You can check if a player is townie/non townie every night.
Win: You win with the town.
Secondary win: Obtain 2 guilty verdicts in a row

Vmpire
TUF-mason
Power: You can choose to recruit one person into the mason PM every night
Secondary win: recruit 1 person into mason pm everynight that you are alive

USM
Oberherr-3rd party recruiter,
Power: You have a 1 shot ability to recruit a 3rd party player into becoming a townie. If you use your power on townie-no effect. If you use your power on mafia-
they are told you(name disclosed) are trying to recruit them. If you use your power on 3rd party- your name is not disclosed, that player is given an invite to join
town as a vanilla.
Secondary win:Recruit a 3rd party sucessfully

Medic

Marauder-escape artist
Power: You can choose to hide out at someone elses place. If someone tries to kill you, then you will not be killed. However if someone tries to kill
the person where you are hiding then you will also be killed.
You cannot hide 3 times in a row.
Secondary win: Manage to escape 1 kill attempt on you.

Buddamoose
DetectableNinja- Administrative conrol
Power:1 shot power
Curfew: All non mason players roleblocked
Or
Lockdown: All mason players role protected.
Secondary win: Get recruited into the masons.
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:10:49 AM
Lannan13
royal paladin-mason apprentice.
Power: If recruited into the masons, you can choose to recruit another player with the permission of the Mason(original recruiter)-1 every night.
This is in addition to the 1 player that the mason can recruit.Also if original mason dies then your power also disappears.
Secondary Win: Lynch a third party on day 3 or day 5
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:15:48 AM
At 4/25/2012 12:11:54 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Since when has Mestari shown innocent to investigation?

When I played with Marcus I was always the Godfather.

And fvcking F-16 could have lived if he admitted one of his powers made him miller. There's no reason 2 JOATs is impossible. He had to get us both killed. Grr.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:18:59 AM
At 4/25/2012 12:15:48 AM, Mestari wrote:

And fvcking F-16 could have lived if he admitted one of his powers made him miller. There's no reason 2 JOATs is impossible. He had to get us both killed. Grr.

I didn't really read any of the DPs due to lack of time so I had no idea what was going on with most of the game.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:19:52 AM
At 4/25/2012 12:18:59 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:15:48 AM, Mestari wrote:

I didn't really read any of the DPs due to lack of time so I had no idea what was going on with most of the game.

We could have lived happily ever after... the mafioso and the townie who confirmed him... :( Instead we both went to the grave. :/
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:22:41 AM
My role was really flawed, it required completing all 5 win-conditions, which makes no sense given fact that the game didn't even last long enough for that to be possible. And I had no powers and was guilty on investigation, makes surviving for 10 days impossible even if the game lasted that long.
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:26:17 AM
I made a few last minute changes- cop was named kyro90 etc to include some of the newer players(this game was designed a long time ago) and to broaden the scope of fake claims.

Do you guys think there should be a strict co-relation between names and roles? I think it makes it a lot harder to fake-claim. I could feel drafterman perspiring when royal pal said bluesteel must be mafia on dp1.

Please feel free to give feedback. Do you think the game was well balanced etc.

I am particularly proud of the Forsenic-Ninja-Escape Artist combo even though it never materialized in the game.
marcuscato
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:34:55 AM
At 4/25/2012 12:22:41 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
My role was really flawed, it required completing all 5 win-conditions, which makes no sense given fact that the game didn't even last long enough for that to be possible. And I had no powers and was guilty on investigation, makes surviving for 10 days impossible even if the game lasted that long.

I agree. I think I should have given you some sort of fake-claim.
HOWEVER: You did not have to live for 10 days. You had to live for a minimum of 6 days to come first. 8 days to come first and everybody else come second.
Also the goals themselves were not that difficult. Its not that hard to lynch a mafioso on day3/day4. There was a guilty on mestari but you failed to lynch him. Lynching a townie on day4/5/6 is also do-able in this game.
You claimed 3rd party, there was no-way they would have let you live after that.
Also note, Airmax did not have to use his fake claim/his power until the last day and he was in almost the same position as you. And yes, your role was much tougher than airmax's and I have made corrections in the evaluation of your performance for the podium finish.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 1:01:25 AM
I didn't read the first couple of DPs so can't critique in depth but I don't think it was balanced because of all the secondary win conditions. The only game I have seen it used before was LordKnukle's Monetary game and it was a feature I didn't like since some secondary conditions were too easy and some were too hard. Greyparrot's role provided a giant distraction for the mafia and made it unnecessarily difficult for town even though they caught on to who the mafia were (TUF called them all out I believe).
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 3:04:26 AM
It was a fun game. Wish I was able to play longer than I did though.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 4:42:29 AM
Very good job Marcus, this was a fun game. I have to agree with Falcon though, I'm not a big fan of secondary win conditions. Also, I don't like the idea of someone being unkillable. If it was necessary to make him unkillable, then at least I wouldn't have made him able to kill the hammerer. That really helped mafia a great deal, as did the mixed affiliation pm that Budda thought was all town. Mafia couldn't have won without those things confusing the town.

I'm curious, Budda did you try to confirm with the mod that those in the pm were all townies??
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:03:44 AM
At 4/25/2012 4:42:29 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Very good job Marcus, this was a fun game. I have to agree with Falcon though, I'm not a big fan of secondary win conditions. Also, I don't like the idea of someone being unkillable. If it was necessary to make him unkillable, then at least I wouldn't have made him able to kill the hammerer. That really helped mafia a great deal, as did the mixed affiliation pm that Budda thought was all town. Mafia couldn't have won without those things confusing the town.

I'm curious, Budda did you try to confirm with the mod that those in the pm were all townies??

No we knew there could be a mafia in there. I just didnt suspect ober, i suspected MIG(TUF) until he flipped inno.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:04:55 AM

I'm pretty sure that the Masons knew that there could be infiltrators.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:06:14 AM
Also, we could have won without GP. I think the town would have lynched you on the last DP because your case was much weaker than mine. With the Night Kill, we would have won. You died anyways; GP just expedited your death.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:06:27 AM
At 4/25/2012 8:04:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the Masons knew that there could be infiltrators.

Yeah it was 5d's mafia that we had no idea
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:09:34 AM
I think GP did a nice job balancing the game because the town was overpowered.
A global roleblock that also served as a global protect was really unfair. A lot of our NKs were stopped.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:10:07 AM
At 4/25/2012 8:09:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
A global roleblock that also served as a global protect was really unfair. A lot of our NKs were stopped.

It was a 1x power sooo
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:10:43 AM
At 4/25/2012 8:10:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

It was a 1x power sooo

Yeah, but it blocked all of us and stopped our Night Kill. That's really unfair.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:10:50 AM
At 4/25/2012 8:10:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

It was a 1x power sooo

Could choose one or the other, not both
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion