Jump to topic:

Golden Garden Mafia DP 6

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:01:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A lady sat in a chair, thinking about the day's events. She was an eager study, and was sure she had much to offer. Nevertheless, she was not yet acquainted with every facet of what she wished to be able to do.

And then as Donna Altava sat calmly in her chair the sound of smashing glass made her jump. A figure strode in, and laughed.

"You know, I hadn't meant to make that much sound," the figure stated in an aloof manner.
"You fiend, leave me be!" cried Donna, knowing she was no match in any sort of fight for this villain who stood before.

The figure drew his gun.

Screams would be heard through the village in the night.

[on another note, people can read the background on Lemar from the announcements PM; I won't repeat it here again]

Drafterman - Lemar Dupont - You are a terribly remorseful cop. When you murdered a fellow police officer after he discovered a certain secret ... well, it's something you sincerely regret. However, your honour, along with your family's honour, prevents you from admitting to what you did. Instead, you work to keep your secret safe. You can do this in 2 ways in this game -

1. You kill a cop (it must be a member of the force), burn the records of all evidence relating to the murder and then can rest easy. You become an every night tracker and win with the town.

Note: If you target a person who isn't a cop you will be locked up and don't become part of the town.

2. You attempt to survive all game. You win if you survive. Your only extra ability is to plant a false investigation result every NP.

One final thing - if investigated by a cop you will appear guilty. Basically, unless you kill a cop and 'clear' your name you are a 3rd party survivor who can plant false investigative results every night.

Tulle - Donna Altava -- An energetic, sprightly young woman, you are eager to please and ready to tackle any mystery that comes your way. To this end you are the apprentice. You can pick one person in the game to learn from and when they die you will be given a modified version of their role. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. F-16 (formerly Danielle; has been allowed to return if she wishes)
2. Lickdafoot
3. Royalpaladin
4. Bluesteel
5. TV
6. M. Torres
7. Medic
8. Xerge

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:09:57 AM
Shoot. Should have watched Tulle. I just had this sixth sense that she was going to be killed but stuck with my plan to watch Bluesteel. Medic and Xerge visited.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:16:59 AM
Graveyard

1) PR - Officer Locke - Cop - Town
2) TUF - Anton Herzen - Messenger/Vigilante/Psychotic Lover - Third Party
3) Mestari - Frances Monde - Strongman/1x Roleblock - Mafia
4) F-16 - Archbishop Gamelon - Reviver - Third Party
5) Marauder - Officer Claire Monfill - Psychologist - Town
6) Drafter - Lemar DuPont - Survivor - Third Party
7) Tulle - Donna Altava - Apprentice - Town

Role Claims

1) Danielle (F-16 (2)) - Professor Enterius Chelmey - JOAT
2) Xerge - Venerable Bishop - Watcher
3) Royal - Police Chief Walter Barnaby - Receives Reports
4) Blue - Chevalier de Roland - Bodyguard
5) Medic - Detective Capote - Cop
6) TV - Nameless French Vet from Algier (Despises Algierians) - Bulletproof
7) M. Torres - Alfred Fischer - Mason
8) LDF - Moni Windsor - Popular Lover

Night Actions

1) Royal
NP1:
- Tracker sees Drafter visits nobody.
- Cop investigates F-16 but dies.
- Cop investigates TUF Guilty.
- Psychologist councils Drafter
NP2:
- Tracker sees Blue visit F-16.
- Cop investigates Drafter Guilty.
- Psychologist councils Danielle.
NP3:
- Cop investigates Danielle Guilty
- Cop investigates Danielle Innocent
- Psychologist councils Torres
NP4:
- Cop investigated Bluesteel Guilty
- Cop investigated Tulle Innocent
NP5:
????????????

2) Xerge
NP1: Watches Royal, no visits
NP2: Watches F-16, sees Mestari visit him
NP3: Watches F-16, sees Bluesteel visit
NP4: Watches MTorres, no visits
NP5: Watched Bluesteel?????????

3) Medic
NP1: Investigated TUF Guilty
NP2: Investigated Drafterman Guilty
NP3: Investigated Danielle Innocent
NP4: Investigated Bluesteel Guilty
NP5: Investigated Bluesteel????????????

4) M. Torres
NP1: Recruit Drafterman
NP2: Recruit LDF
NP3: Recruit Xerge
NP4: Recruited F-16(1) (failed)
NP5: ??????????????

5) Danielle (F-16)
NP1: Investigate PR inno. My detective skills revealed a situation where someone could be innocent or guilty.
NP2: tracked TV, he visited no one. I become sure that there is an anti-town in the police department.
NP3: died. Just prior to my death, I discover that character names have some value but minor value in this game.
NP4: Got revived. No other info.
NP5: Watched Bluesteel: Medic and Xerge visited

6) Bluesteel
NP1: Waives night action
NP2: Waives night action
NP3: Protects F-16 (1)
NP4: Protects Xerge
NP5: ???????????????
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:22:31 AM
So, 8 players. Based on the death-in-mystere setup: We had 1 potential death miller or maybe serial killer (TUF), 1 survivor (Drafterman), 1 cult reviver. I am guessing that we likely have three mafia although it may as well be 4. We have 2-3 mafia members left. While I think it is more likely that there are 2 mafia left as opposed to 3, better safe than sorry. Therefore let's assume 3 and not throw our votes around too much. If it is in fact MYLO, mafia can hammer.

1. F-16 - harmless to town

Confirmed town
2. M. Torres
3. Xerge

Likely town
4. Bluesteel
5. Lickdafoot

Unsure
6. TV
7. Medic
8. Royal
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:28:18 AM
3) Medic
NP1: Investigated TUF Guilty
NP2: Investigated Drafterman Guilty
NP3: Investigated Danielle Innocent
NP4: Investigated Tulle Innocent
NP5: Investigated Bluesteel????????????

My mistake Medic.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:31:20 AM
Hmmm...
Well, I watched bluesteel and medic and F-16 visited. It appears drafterman wasn't entire honest..but he wasn't mafia...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:35:21 AM
Drafterman's role somewhat confirms Royal since Drafter had the ability to plant fake investigations. Why would the mafia get fake investigations planted on them. It doesn't seem to make sense. Also, Medic's night action seems to make sense as well. He checked someone who he was suspicious of.

I find it hilarious how Drafterman was framing Bluesteel nearly every night phase. Biggest lolz ever. But apart from that, I don't know who is the best lead. So many good players left. I would think they would have been killed by now (except Bluesteel since I strongly hinted that he might be watched). I am not sure about LDF. She hasn't been posting a lot and did equivocate quite a bit giving a long pro-drafter, con-drafter, pro-bluesteel, con-bluesteel post and then disappeared.

Based on behavior, I found it wierd that Royal insisted Drafter was town and that Bluesteel was scum for leading a mislynch. It seems as though she expected Drafter to flip town and would have been able to blame Bluesteel for it.

I'll wait for Medic's results and Bluesteel's analysis.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:45:48 AM
DP1: No lynch
DP2: Lynch serial killer/death miller - TUF - 8/8 -Royal, LDF, tv, Mestari, Drafterman, F-16, Tulle, Medic
DP3: Lynch Mafioso - Mestari - 7/7 - tulle, Bluesteel, LDF, Xerge, Medic, Drafterman, F-16
DP4: Lynch townie - Marauder - 6/6 - Bluesteel, TV, Drafterman, LDF, Royal, Maurader
DP5: Lynch Survivor - Drafterman - 6/6 - F-16, Tulle, TV, Xerge, Torres, Bluesteel
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:58:13 AM
I find it hard to buy Medic as mafia. Medic's vote noticeably missing from the townie and third party lynches was on Mestari's lynch. Unless he was both bussing Mestari and keeping his hands clean off of non-mafia lynches, it is most likely that Medic is town.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:59:11 AM
At 5/3/2012 2:58:13 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I find it hard to buy Medic as mafia. Medic's vote noticeably missing from the townie and third party lynches was on Mestari's lynch. Unless he was both bussing Mestari and keeping his hands clean off of non-mafia lynches, it is most likely that Medic is town.

Never mind, forgot the vote on TUF but then, we had all pretty much agreed to lynch TUF. Hmm, this is complicated. Anyone else online to discuss?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:39:31 AM
It appears that Blue is innocent. I wasn't terribly surprised about Drafter flipping scum, but I thought Blue would show guilty. Oh well, back to the drawing board. That leaves TV, LDF, Torres, and Xerge.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:49:35 AM
At 5/3/2012 2:35:21 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Drafterman's role somewhat confirms Royal since Drafter had the ability to plant fake investigations. Why would the mafia get fake investigations planted on them. It doesn't seem to make sense. Also, Medic's night action seems to make sense as well. He checked someone who he was suspicious of.

This
I find it hilarious how Drafterman was framing Bluesteel nearly every night phase. Biggest lolz ever. But apart from that, I don't know who is the best lead. So many good players left. I would think they would have been killed by now (except Bluesteel since I strongly hinted that he might be watched). I am not sure about LDF. She hasn't been posting a lot and did equivocate quite a bit giving a long pro-drafter, con-drafter, pro-bluesteel, con-bluesteel post and then disappeared.

Based on behavior, I found it wierd that Royal insisted Drafter was town and that Bluesteel was scum for leading a mislynch. It seems as though she expected Drafter to flip town and would have been able to blame Bluesteel for it.

It had nothing to do with Drafter; I sincerely believed that Bluesteel was scum. I am still suspicious of him. Drafterman flipped guilty, but he happened to be a third party player, which, as Bluesteel aptly noted, Mafiosos love to lead lynches on.
I'll wait for Medic's results and Bluesteel's analysis.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:51:28 AM
I am thinking LDF and TV are the last scum. LDF's scumtell is that she lurks and barely posts. I used this knowledge to correctly identify her as scum in the Death Note game. Check out my 5Ds game; she was the Mafia Sniper, and she barely posted at all. I have been talking about TV being scum since forever, but nobody has ever believed me.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 7:02:26 AM
At 5/3/2012 2:59:11 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 5/3/2012 2:58:13 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Never mind, forgot the vote on TUF but then, we had all pretty much agreed to lynch TUF. Hmm, this is complicated. Anyone else online to discuss?

My vote was on Tuf, don't forget I got a guilty on him NP 1 and Royal reported that result, as well. I agreed with lynching him and Mestari, but I didn't agree with lynching Marauder, I thought the fake results were coming from an external source. As I said last DP, I didn't necessarily believe Drafter's claim but there was a chance that he could prove his role and I was willing to give him that chance because I beleived Blue to be guilty. I'll just have to eat crow and admit that you guys made a good decision.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 7:12:11 AM
At 5/3/2012 6:51:28 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I am thinking LDF and TV are the last scum. LDF's scumtell is that she lurks and barely posts. I used this knowledge to correctly identify her as scum in the Death Note game. Check out my 5Ds game; she was the Mafia Sniper, and she barely posted at all. I have been talking about TV being scum since forever, but nobody has ever believed me.

I have to agree on TV and LDF being the last two. I think Falcon's original role rules out Torres leading a third party group. Xerge has proved his role, and though that isn't affiliation confirmation, he has played pro-town. Plus, the fact that Drafter diverted him away from Falcon that night pretty much says that he's town. You and I are confirmed, as well as Blue. Now that I got an innocent on him, I guess his role makes sense because there are no other protective roles in the game. That only leaves TV and LDF, and I think you're right, TV looks like the best candidate for today.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:27:21 AM
I don't even know what to say about drafterman. Nothing he did in the game was logical. All it does is reaffirm what he said about 3P - that if he draws a 3P role, he's going to screw with the town as much as possible.

He really should have just become a tracker (by killing marauder or useless royal).

Anyways, not to be a downer, but I think we're going to lose. I don't have any idea who to lynch at this point. I still say royal - 3P explains why she reported such stupid results as mafia - there was no motive behind it, she thought it was real. I'm thinking more and more that medic is real. @Medic, if royal is fake, she's still the lead detective, it's just that the main dude paid her to do his dirty work (as it says in his role PM).

In fact, his role PM makes me think that both the police chief and mayor would be bribed to his side. It's the only thing that fits with the theme. Meaning the mole in the Masons was Torres and the mole in the police department (from danielle's info) is royal herself.

Cool, I think I figured out the game. I'm going to go with this analysis since we have absolutely nothing else.

VTL royal

Don't get mad. We're gonna have to risk a lynch on someone. She's still acting scummy based on behavior. My read on drafter was off, I guess, but only by a little.

Before we proceed though, can we review how LDF and tv "locked themselves in" to their role claims. I've been suspicious of one of those locks ins all game since it didn't really seem like much of a lock, but I forget which one.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:28:37 AM
At 5/3/2012 7:18:45 AM, medic0506 wrote:
uggg...I just realized that we haven't hit a GF role yet. What are the odds that there isn't a GF in the game??

no clue. It's probably M.Torres or royal though. I could justify both their roles as being godfather (royal alters any investigation of her so people won't know she's corrupt, Torres does something similar or no one would ever suspect him because he's the mayor)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:31:08 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:28:37 AM, bluesteel wrote:
uggg...I just realized that we haven't hit a GF role yet. What are the odds that there isn't a GF in the game??

no clue. It's probably M.Torres or royal though. I could justify both their roles as being godfather (royal alters any investigation of her so people won't know she's corrupt, Torres does something similar or no one would ever suspect him because he's the mayor)

So you think that Logic would give away the Mafia in Mestari's Role PM?

Can I have a consistent reason as to why I am being FOSed? Nobody tells me why my behavior is scummy, so I am going to assume that I am being suspected because I am always suspected in every game.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:31:09 AM

Also, whether royal is scum or not, mafia is most definitely going to be the opposite of what she thinks, so M.Torres and royal are the obvious choices.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:31:46 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:31:09 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Also, whether royal is scum or not, mafia is most definitely going to be the opposite of what she thinks, so M.Torres and royal are the obvious choices.

LOL, what?

VTL TV
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:31:57 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:31:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Can I have a consistent reason as to why I am being FOSed? Nobody tells me why my behavior is scummy, so I am going to assume that I am being suspected because I am always suspected in every game.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:33:29 AM
That's idiotic logic and just false, Bluesteel. I have caught so many mafiosos when nobody else has.

Examples: HP Mafia, Death Note Mafia, 007 Mafia, and probably a few more that I can't think of right now.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:38:16 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:31:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

You have complained already about this. My suspicions of you are based on:

1) You went 72 hours without even commenting ONCE on drafterman's behavior. All you did was initially try to get town to mislynch me, and then complain after they didn't. It's weird because townies participate in all theories, not just the ones that suit their agenda (unlike mafia).

2) We got information that the police have a mole. Everyone seems to agree it's not medic, so....

3) I can see LoR making the police chief mafia this time. It is a good switch up, and it fits PERFECTLY with Frances LeMonde's role in that he bribes other people to work for him. He'd go to the high level, namely you and Torres.

4) You keep employing flawed logic. "In Death in Mystere, police chief was town, so he's town now." You keep citing this like it's gospel.

Other flawed logic: blue mislynched X person, town always suspects me when I mislynch Y person, therefore bluesteel is guilty.

5) You are just complaining instead of defending yourself.

6) Your role summary was too good, ie fake. Logic's writing style made it really hard for me to summarize my role PM it a fluent way, but you did it, making me think there were fewer constraints on what you couldn't say (ie making it up).
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:43:36 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:33:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's idiotic logic and just false, Bluesteel. I have caught so many mafiosos when nobody else has.

Examples: HP Mafia, Death Note Mafia, 007 Mafia, and probably a few more that I can't think of right now.

LMAO. I caught the mafioso you're referring to in HP. You made my life MISERABLE in that game by mis-suspecting me and making a big deal out of it. In fact, you admitted that the questions you asked me that led to zaradi's lynch were because you suspected ME, not zaradi. It was good teamwork, but it only serves to prove that your instincts are often horribly off.

You weren't exactly "right" about drafterman by the way. I don't get why you wouldn't VTL him as mafia though - he was going to kill you.

unvote - VTL Torres
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:46:56 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:43:36 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/3/2012 8:33:29 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

LMAO. I caught the mafioso you're referring to in HP.
Actually, I was talking about the lynches that I lead on BlackHawk and TUF out of nowhere.
You made my life MISERABLE in that game by mis-suspecting me and making a big deal out of it. In fact, you admitted that the questions you asked me that led to zaradi's lynch were because you suspected ME, not zaradi.
So? My instincts were correct insofar as a I recognized that there was another mafioso in the Masons.
It was good teamwork, but it only serves to prove that your instincts are often horribly off.

False. I singlehandedly caught all of the Mafia in 007 (the town lost that game) in my Role PM. I also caught LDF and Lovelife in Death Note and even identified their characters, and the town lost that game. The Mafia only lost because I scum-sided as a Third Party Survivor.
You weren't exactly "right" about drafterman by the way. I don't get why you wouldn't VTL him as mafia though - he was going to kill you.

unvote - VTL Torres
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:47:13 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:37:43 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Bluesteel, do you honestly think that Logic would reveal the Mafia to the town in Mestari's Role PM?

Yes. Not explicitly, but yes.

1) In Death In Mystere, he wanted me to claim "Detective Pritchard" who was a detective in the OP's. Once people became obsessed about a fake cop, I'm 100% positive that having done so would have gotten me killed either because people would guess logic gave me a fake claim or that I pulled it out of the OP to fake claim. People would obsess over why the mod had confirmed me and not others.

Conclusion: LoR doesn't always make thematic choices that are very beneficial to the mafia

2) Torres didn't have to claim Mayor. He could have claimed anything. It's quite possible he thought that we wouldn't figure anything out or mafia didn't even realize how they were connected.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:50:08 AM
Royal did you receive anything other than my results last night??

Also, does anyone remember when LDF got the pm from Tuf??
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 8:50:54 AM
At 5/3/2012 8:50:08 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Royal did you receive anything other than my results last night??

Also, does anyone remember when LDF got the pm from Tuf??

She claims to have gotten it the NP after his lynch, so NP2.