12. tulle
13. FourTrouble
14. Mestari
15. westernmarch

It takes 8 votes to lynch.

Graveyard:

zaradi - _____________

"Yo man, he made me shoot my dawg. I can still see his eyes looking up at me."

People on "The Wire" can be very misleading.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 1:52:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry I wasn't online for the last DP. It went by very quickly. I read through it however. My main FOS is fourtrouble because I found it difficult to follow his reasoning for any of his suspicions. I know he is a very good player based on a beginner's game but now I get a feeling that he is randomly shooting off FOSses like he was in Burn Notice mafia. I want to see his claim.

VTL FourTrouble
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 1:53:17 PM
LYNCH-0-MATIC

FoUrTrOuBlE – [1/8] – (drafter)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 1:53:41 PM
LYNCH-0-MATIC

FoUrTrOuBlE – [2/8] – (drafter, F-16)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 1:54:40 PM
LYNCH-0-MATIC

FoUrTrOuBlE – [3/8] – (drafter, F-16, LDF)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 1:57:25 PM
Well hello :)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:18:28 PM
My first suspicion in DP1 was on TUF. I speculated that he was Omar, and having seen The Wire multiple times, I was 99% certain Omar was third-party. I pressured TUF for a claim, and it turns out I was right, he was Omar. My reasoning for pressuring TUF was therefore 100% correct, as my speculation that he was Omar turned out to be spot on. The fact that I pressured TUF should not be reason to FOS me.

The other person I suspected (the ONLY other person, it's not like I was shooting off FOS'es at everyone) was Royal. She joined me in pressuring TUF, but what made me suspicious was the way in which Royal kept FOS'ing TUF after he claimed, unfairly representing TUF's Omar-claim (Royal obviously doesn't know anything about The Wire if she thinks Omar is the godfather). Omar is most likely third-party, as I explained. I proceeded to pressure Royal to see how she would respond.

Royal's response to my pressure was to FOS me back for FOS'ing her. She starting twisting my words around, and continued to misrepresent not only TUF but myself. She strained so hard to make me look like scum, calling my FOS on TUF scummy (well if it was scummy, why did she FOS TUF too, and then push the FOS further after he claimed?). Royal tried to make my reading of a grammatically ambiguous sentence the prime reason for suspecting me. So what if I misread a grammatically ambiguous sentence? The important point to consider here is the way Royal strained to make me look scummy, saying that I was intentionally misinterpreting her without any evidence that I had done it "intentionally." If anything, Royal was the one intentionally misrepresenting me, based on nothing.

I don't see how my reasoning was wrong or scummy at any point of DP1, or how I come off scummy for pressuring TUF or Royal in either case. DP1 is when mafia is most vulnerable (at least that's how I felt when I played mafia in Burn Notice), so I thought it makes sense to pressure aggressively DP1 as town when I had a feeling someone was mafia or third-party.

I ended the DP by character-claiming. Royal should claim now.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:20:06 PM
VTL Royal
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:21:49 PM
LYNCH-0-MATIC

FoUrTrOuBlE – [3/8] – (drafter, F-16, LDF)
RoYaL – [1/8] – (fourtrouble)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:32:49 PM
LYNCH-0-MATIC

FoUrTrOuBlE – [2/8] – (F-16, LDF)
RoYaL – [2/8] – (fourtrouble, drafter)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:35:44 PM
FourTrouble needs to claim in full.

He's also taking the TUF "suspicion" out of context. I said "INB4" every time I said something about TUF. I was clearly trolling/joking. I even took my vote off of TUF right after he claimed.

My statement was not ambiguous; even Thaddeus noted that he understood my sentence clearly, as did everyone else because nobody else misread it. That suggests that the problem lies in FT and not in me.

Drafterman, why are you bandwagoning for claims?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:40:01 PM
I have evidence that FT's "read" based on my reaction to TUF is crap.

Read this page: http://www.debate.org...

I said "INB4" Godfather. That was trolling. TWO MILLISECONDS LATER, BEFORE ANYBODY HAD A CHANCE TO RESPOND TO "INB4 GODFATHER', I UNVOTED AND VTNLED

He thinks I'm straining? LOL, this is straight up evidence that he is straining to make me look suspicious.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:42:03 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:41:12 PM, drafterman wrote:
Getiing claims the first few DPs is SOP.

Bandwagoning on faulty reasoning is not. His case is crap, and you know it.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:42:48 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:27:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
FT did claim last phase.

Unvote. VTL royal with cheese

From what I've read Royal omgus'd FT hardcore last DP. FT's analysis didnt seem that bad, as it seems he has a decent knowledge of the show. Royal on the other hand did indeed twist words and meanings.

I see how FT misunderstood her, and Royal should know better than to FOS someone for misunderstanding something that was unclear in its meaning. I found it especially funny how Royal repeated "Its obvious what I was saying." In regards to her "I'll be FOS'd" comment on the mass-claim, when she, being extremely intelligent, should know this is just not true.

Pile this with hypocrisy, FOS'ing TUF, then FOS'ing FT for FOS'ing TUF(im still a lil confused how she drew that conclusion beyong OMGUS'ing hardcore.)

So we have Royal:

OMGUS'ing
Twisting Grammatical Meaning/vagueness
Illogical FOS's.

This means royal claims, as the above 3 are pretty solid scumtells.

VTL Royal for a claim
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:42:58 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:35:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

He's also taking the TUF "suspicion" out of context. I said "INB4" every time I said something about TUF. I was clearly trolling/joking. I even took my vote off of TUF right after he claimed.

My statement was not ambiguous; even Thaddeus noted that he understood my sentence clearly, as did everyone else because nobody else misread it. That suggests that the problem lies in FT and not in me.

Actually, Thad said he had to reread your sentence before understanding what you meant. Again, you are misrepresenting people to make me look scummy.

You assume I have perfect knowledge of everyone playing this game, which I clearly don't. I did not know that medic always advocates a mass-claim (how would I know this?), and had no reason to think you would be FOS'ed for advocating a mass-claim when YOU yourself were not FOS'ing medic. That is why I read the sentence the way I did, based on your behavior and not on metagame knowledge that I DON'T have.

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:45:00 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:40:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I said "INB4" Godfather. That was trolling. TWO MILLISECONDS LATER, BEFORE ANYBODY HAD A CHANCE TO RESPOND TO "INB4 GODFATHER', I UNVOTED AND VTNLED

Joking is just somebody trying to WIFOM without actually making it obvious.

He thinks I'm straining? LOL, this is straight up evidence that he is straining to make me look suspicious.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:47:45 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:42:48 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/3/2012 2:27:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
FT did claim last phase.

Unvote. VTL royal with cheese

From what I've read Royal omgus'd FT hardcore last DP. FT's analysis didnt seem that bad, as it seems he has a decent knowledge of the show. Royal on the other hand did indeed twist words and meanings.

Evidence, please? I want quotes. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE LIE ABOUT ME. IT'S SO DAMN IRRITATING.
I see how FT misunderstood her, and Royal should know better than to FOS someone for misunderstanding something that was unclear in its meaning. I found it especially funny how Royal repeated "Its obvious what I was saying." In regards to her "I'll be FOS'd" comment on the mass-claim, when she, being extremely intelligent, should know this is just not true.

This is complete and utter bilge.

It happened to me in Board Game Mafia.

It happened to me in Hunger Games Mafia until I claimed Katniss.

I have empirical evidence that I was FOSed as a townie for supporting mass claims.
Pile this with hypocrisy, FOS'ing TUF, then FOS'ing FT for FOS'ing TUF(im still a lil confused how she drew that conclusion beyong OMGUS'ing hardcore.)

I FOS TUF because of his character.

I FOSED FT FOR LYING ABOUT TUF'S CHARACTER

Complete difference.
So we have Royal:

OMGUS'ing
What the hell does this mean?
Twisting Grammatical Meaning/vagueness
Illogical FOS's.

This means royal claims, as the above 3 are pretty solid scumtells.

VTL Royal for a claim
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:48:17 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:45:00 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/3/2012 2:40:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Joking is just somebody trying to WIFOM without actually making it obvious.

Oh yeah? Explain the VTNL that happened two milliseconds later.

Nope?

Oh, yeah, your case is crap.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:49:10 PM
Note that this attack is being coordinated very well by Budda and FT. Looks like some "coaching" was being done in the Mafia PM
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:49:14 PM
Ok Royal gimme a min. Oh and a hint, dont act so aggresive, its scummy. Just remain calm.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:49:46 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:49:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Note that this attack is being coordinated very well by Budda and FT. Looks like some "coaching" was being done in the Mafia PM

Keep your useless WIFOM to yourself
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:51:00 PM
At 5/3/2012 2:42:58 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 5/3/2012 2:35:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Actually, Thad said he had to reread your sentence before understanding what you meant. Again, you are misrepresenting people to make me look scummy.

1. Nobody else had the problem.

2. I have evidence that you are straining the "TUF incident". I provided material from the previous DP to prove it.
You assume I have perfect knowledge of everyone playing this game, which I clearly don't. I did not know that medic always advocates a mass-claim (how would I know this?), and had no reason to think you would be FOS'ed for advocating a mass-claim when YOU yourself were not FOS'ing medic. That is why I read the sentence the way I did, based on your behavior and not on metagame knowledge that I DON'T have.

Not knowing the meta is not an excuse for misinterpreting my sentence. You stuck to your claim even after we pointed out that it was wrong. Either you don't know how to read or you are scum.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 2:51:21 PM
LYNCH-0-MATIC

FoUrTrOuBlE – [2/8] – (F-16, LDF)
RoYaL – [3/8] – (fourtrouble, drafter, budda)