Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

"The Wire" Mafia - ENDGAME

bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 5:59:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Endgame

WINNERS:

TUF

MAFIA – LDF, F-16, Tulle, USM

LOSERS:

TOWN

Thaddeus

1.LDF - Jimmy McNulty – Because your bosses won't give you the money for real police work, you mess with dead bodies to fake a serial killer to force them to fund you. You're still a good detective – can't you figure out your role? Janitor, duh. One shot, prevent your NK's character/role from being announced. Have it told to the mafia instead. You're also the main character of the show and thus the mafia godfather, appearing innocent to investigation. You win with the mafia.

2.Tulle - Lester Freamon – Your investigative ability and intellect are unmatched. You are the role cop. You can figure out anyone's role (once per NP). You win with the mafia.

3.Thaddeus - Kima Greggs – You're almost too good of police. In a city where you need to get your hands dirty to get anything done, you refuse to bend the rules even a little. That's why you end up ratting on McNulty's fake serial killer stunt. You are the mafia traitor. You win only if two conditions are met: 1) The mafia wins. 2) The godfather (McNulty) is dead. Choose wisely when to make your move; bussing someone can be effective and confirm you, but it comes with risks (to your career, of course). Mafia will be told (as soon as the game begins) that there is a traitor – take this time to think of a fake role PM. You can safely claim bomb. Or the more direct route is to claim godfather, so the mafia won't know which one is the real one (Kima could be godfather – she goes undercover as a drug dealer's girlfriend). It's your choice. Also, here's some ammo to use against Carver: he ratted on another cop by writing him up on a brutality complaint when he was SIC – Sergeant-In-Command (this is a big no-no, cops are supposed to have each other's backs).

4.M. Torres - Carver – you get to know the names of all of the "bangers" in your district and talk to them on a more personal level. Thus, you are the messenger – you can send one person a message of your choosing each NP. The message will read "M.Torres says <insert content>." You win with the mafia.

5.F-16 - Major Colvin – as head of the Western District, you are the jailkeeper. Each NP, target one person, placing that person in jail and preventing him or her from using his or her role, while protecting him or her from being killed. You win with the mafia.

6.FourTrouble - Senator Davis – Politician. You win with the town.

7.Royal - Marlo Stanfield – Mason Recruiter – you are putting together a fearsome crew in order to help crown yourself "the king" of the streets. By the end, you have pretty much everyone in your pocket. Each NP, recruit one person. If you recruit mafia, you die. You win with the town.

8.Zaradi - Avon Barksdale – Cult Recruiter. Assemble your crew in order to win "the game." You're all about winning "the game" and making a name for yourself. Each night, recruit a player. You can only successfully recruit characters who are in your crew in the show. If you recruit someone from the wrong crew, you get "got" – i.e. killed with a bullet to the back of the head. If you recruit any other player, the recruit simply fails. You win with your crew.

9.Logic - Bubbles – You are a confidential informant. Or more like THE confidential informant. You know where all the bad guys hang out throughout the entire city and are an enormous help to the police department. You are the Sensor – you have a one-shot ability to determine the number of non-townies that participated in a lynch. You win with the town.

10.Medic - Chris Partlow – You are a soldier: you kill people for a living, but your philosophy is to always get to a (murder) scene early to set up on the ni**as because you want to make sure they can't set up on your first. Your paranoia over walking into a trap means you stake out the scene well in advance, making you the watcher. Each NP, watch one person. You win with the town.

11.Tvellalot - Snoop - You're a badass vigilante. Each NP, you may choose to kill one person. However, you always "disappear" the bodies, so if you kill someone, their role PM will never appear. You better hope you hit the right person. You win with the town.

12.Westernmarch - Stringer Bell. In addition to being the head of a drug organization, you take college economics courses and invest in city real estate. It thus wouldn't take a genius detective to figure out that you're the jack-of-all-trades. You have a one-shot protect, watch, and kill. You win with the town.

13.Marauder - D'Angelo Barksdale – You're kind of a puss but are one of the more ethical and likeable gangsters. In the show, you are hung to death (lynched) and everyone is sad. You are thus the flavored beloved princess. If you are lynched, a DP is skipped. There is no penalty for NK'ing you. You win with the town.

14.TUF - Omar Little – You always walk around with a bulletproof vest, and your enemies have found you impossible to kill. You are thus bulletproof. Based on the show, you also clearly win by yourself, so you are the SURVIVOR. You only go after bad guys in the show (never cops or "citizens"), plus you testify against someone in Avon's crew, and therefore the cops give you a free pass – you thus cannot be investigated guilty. You win if you are alive when the game ends.

15.Drafterman - Herc – You do some solid police work. Each night, investigate one person. You win with the town.

16.Mestari - Levy – Corrupt Lawyer. You *must* target one person each NP. That person appears innocent to all investigations. You are NOT allowed to say in the DP who you targeted. You win with the town.

NP1

Tv: do nothing
Royal: recruit mestari (create PM – title – royal/mestari – PM1)
Zaradi recruits thadd (fail) (double fail since western already claimed his character)
Mestari lawyers thadd
Drafter investigates LDF (result: innocent)
Western watches royal (no one visited)
Medic watches F-16 (no one visited)
FT makes zaradi vote for royal (fail, he's dead)
Tulle role cops marauder (result: Beloved Princess)
LDF kills and janitors zaradi
F-16 jails TV
TV is prevented from using his role

NP2

Medic watches logic (tulle visited logic)
Drafterman investigates Torres (result: innocent, naïve)
Western does nothing
Royal recruits F-16 (dies)
Mestari lawyers drafterman
F-16 jails TUF
Vmpire kills no one
USM messages no one
Mafia kill drafter with LDF
Tulle role cops logic (result: sensor)

NP3

Role cop medic
Medic watches logic
Vmpire kills no one
F-16 jails western
Mafia kills vmpire
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Zaradi
Posts: 14,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:01:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow. Out of all the people in this game, the mafia decided to off me first.
Either this is a big insult or a big compliment.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:04:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Least Valuable Player:

Royal – she basically lost this for the town, nearly singlehandedly because:

1) She got a mislynch on someone just from OMGUS (just for accusing her).

For the record, I 100% agreed with all of FT's analysis about the game/The Wire. He was 100% right about Omar.

2) She got the politician killed, meaning town was able to lose the game more easily.

The politician could have prevented the game from ending so early if he'd stolen a mafiosos vote on NP3 and placed it on another Mafioso, so mislynching him of all people was bad.

3) Getting herself killed.

This put the game at MYLO a DP earlier.

Royal, you've had good performances like HP. This was not one of them.

Second LVP:

Basically, the rest of the town, besides LoR

Royal caught a Mafioso for you all red handed. It should have been an easy lynch of F-16. Medic caught another. I thought mafia were screwed, especially if Logic used his role later in the game. You buy town role cop, but not town lawyer?

Logic's analysis was 100% correct: town lawyer is the exact type of role I would use. Medic, I'm always surprised that you have played in almost all of my games and never manage to buy it when I put scummy roles in the game on the town side.

Town basically failed to realize they were at MYLO and mislynched. Then Vmpire lost the game for the town because the town's last chance was a vig kill. Because of ????? mafia, I decide not to intervene in the game when people used their roles in an obvious wrong way because they didn't read.

So I didn't intervene when Zaradi recruited Thadd instead of western, who had claimed the #2 person in the Barksdale organization. And I didn't intervene when vmpire killed no one, even though when mestari flipped innocent, F-16 should have been the obvious kill choice.

Anyways, this game convinces me that I should continue to intervene in my games when people use their roles badly. I used to subtly remind them of information they should be reading, so as to be more fair to town. Yet mafia seem to keep winning in my games, despite intervention. Oh well.

This game was originally conceived with Marlo being a cult leader similar to Barksdale; it would be a war between rival cults and the mafia (cops). Then I realized that I hate cults – mafia is the most fun when there are a lot of townies. If I had done in that way, almost everyone could have ended up cult, and it would be almost random who wins.

Drafter was a naïve cop, not that it mattered. He would have gotten the same result on LDF. I gave town a real JOAT, watcher, sensor, Mason, and vig. I thought this would be enough. I also handicapped mafia slightly with the usurper role. I didn't even do all that much to trick you guys in terms of making bad characters good and good bad. I simply inverted it. You can read my explanation of the theme to the mafia here: http://img52.imageshack.us...

Everyone who is corrupt in some way is town. Everyone who is "good police" by the end is mafia. It makes sense, in a way, since the entire town of Baltimore is depicted as "bad" in the show, so it makes sense town would be bad. The Wire is also a show that clearly focuses on moral grey areas, so it shouldn't surprise any of you that I inverted the game.

Honestly, compared to my usual antics, this was a SUPER town sided game. The sensor could have really screwed over the mafia. TUF and the cult could have confused the results, but the mafia killed the cult NP1, and if people had listened to FT, they would have realized TUF was third party. He really bungled his initial claim by soft claiming Omar.

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoyed. That sure was a quick game.

Mafia MVP's: F-16 and tulle
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:05:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sorry, but this was idiotic. You should have listened to Mestari. F_16 was obvious scum based on my death, and so was tulle.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:12:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:10:57 PM, tulle wrote:
This was so quick. I can't believe we let Tuf win. We knew he lied about his sensor results.

You guys couldn't kill TUF - he was bulletproof. If you targeted him, the game wouldn't be over.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:13:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sorry I didn't do as much with my role as I could have. The game was over too quick for me to do anything. I also wasn't certain of who the godfather was (though I had guessed it was LDF or Torres), so I wasn't really in a position to try and get anyone killed
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:14:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"For the record, I 100% agreed with all of FT's analysis about the game/The Wire. He was 100% right about Omar."

Really, Bluesteel? Most of his analysis centered on claiming that I was a janitor. He was only right about Omar.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:14:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:13:08 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't do as much with my role as I could have. The game was over too quick for me to do anything. I also wasn't certain of who the godfather was (though I had guessed it was LDF or Torres), so I wasn't really in a position to try and get anyone killed

Rule number 1 solves everything.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:19:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:14:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
"For the record, I 100% agreed with all of FT's analysis about the game/The Wire. He was 100% right about Omar."

Really, Bluesteel? Most of his analysis centered on claiming that I was a janitor. He was only right about Omar.

Yes, except he 100% guessed vmpire's role, if you read it... He was just wrong about who had that role. I said I agreed with his analysis about the show, not about the game. He also had good analysis about the theme.

You only suspected him because he suspected you. If he was trying to get a mislynch, he wouldn't go all out on DP2, since it's not MYLO.

Drafterman had good advice to you royal. I would say the same thing. When you're town, you need to be more forgiving and less defensive. Everyone is going to suspect everyone else - that's the nature of the game.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:19:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:12:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/8/2012 6:10:57 PM, tulle wrote:
This was so quick. I can't believe we let Tuf win. We knew he lied about his sensor results.

You guys couldn't kill TUF - he was bulletproof. If you targeted him, the game wouldn't be over.

Oh I didn't mean to night kill him, I meant to lynch him. If F-16 had gone with my original plan (when he claimed if he targeted a non-Barksdale they would be role blocked) and said he targeted Tuf so he must be lying, we could have lynched him and confirmed F-16. Anyway, all of that was unnecessary, I can't believe how easy that was.
yang.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:23:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, mestari, given that up to 5 people on your lynch bandwagon could have been scum, and you thought many of them were (although wrongly, like budda), it was extremely unwise to VTL yourself. You were basically helping the mafia lynch you.

Mafia only needed two townies to vote another townie in order to mislynch. You provided them with one of those votes (although many townies ended up VTLing you). But still, it's NEVER a good idea to VTL yourself as a townie. Fight to the very end. Or give up. EIther way, never VTL yourself unless you're jester.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:27:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:25:59 PM, tulle wrote:
I'm still interested to know why Logic believed Tuf.

Presumably because I put two millers in ????? Mafia.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:38:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What was the point of my role?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:40:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:38:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
What was the point of my role?

Also, more proof that every time I honestly claim my role I get lynched or day killed.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:42:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:40:13 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 5/8/2012 6:38:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
What was the point of my role?

Also, more proof that every time I honestly claim my role I get lynched or day killed.

That sucks lol It's hard to lie though because once you're caught lying, nobody believes anything you say. Though to be fair, three of us on the lynch were mafia and one of the votes was you.
yang.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:50:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:40:13 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 5/8/2012 6:38:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
What was the point of my role?

Also, more proof that every time I honestly claim my role I get lynched or day killed.

Im sorry Mestari :(

Good(lol) game to all. Im sorry for not playing well >_>
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 6:53:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 6:52:11 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Eh. Too quick, and I really didn't do anything besides hammer Mestari. Not an excellent mafia performance out of me.

However, the mafia played brilliantly, even if it had too many people.
TUF
Posts: 21,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:18:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I.... won...?! How the hell....!?

Ya know what, I'm not even going to question it. I'm just gonna smile and sit beside royalpaladin in the survivors that actually survived hall of fame lol
Rick and Morty Claimslist:
https://docs.google.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:27:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 7:18:07 PM, TUF wrote:
I.... won...?! How the hell....!?

Ya know what, I'm not even going to question it. I'm just gonna smile and sit beside royalpaladin in the survivors that actually survived hall of fame lol

Goood job TUF :)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:30:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I really feel like I played horribly this game. I feel like I was lucky and that's how I won. I honestly had the scummy character out of them all, and was specifically told not to claim it. Given that I kind of already soft claimed it early on (thinking nobody knew the wire) bluesteel specifically told me not to do that.

So I thank the sh1t out of royal paladin for saving my @ss lol. And I also thank f-16 for not saying that he jailed me. Town and the mafia helped me a ton. But you most of all royal <3.
Rick and Morty Claimslist:
https://docs.google.com...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:49:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I never told you not to claim Omar. He was actually originally a normal bulletproof, but I needed more people to screw with sensor results.

FT is right though, Omar was originally originally an ethical serial killer, who could not kill cops or citizens. He's kind of perfect for third party roles.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:50:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Blue, what was the purpose of my role?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:51:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
OHHH, another huge irony. I didn't realize this, but had the Cult recruiter lived, he could have been used to test all the Barksdale fake claims (either admitting he was cult or by fake claiming an investigative role).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:53:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 7:50:39 PM, Mestari wrote:
Blue, what was the purpose of my role?

To screw with town. Also, at certain conceptions of the game drafter was a normal cop and the JOAT had a cop role.

You seem to get really unlucky in my games drawing the bad roles.

It was also that it was the first role that occurred to me for Levy. I often pick which roles to use based on the characters I choose.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:53:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2012 7:53:09 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/8/2012 7:50:39 PM, Mestari wrote:
Blue, what was the purpose of my role?

To screw with town. Also, at certain conceptions of the game drafter was a normal cop and the JOAT had a cop role.

You seem to get really unlucky in my games drawing the bad roles.


I agree. Vanilla, Person who dies on X night, Townie Lawyer, I think another Vanilla. :/

It was also that it was the first role that occurred to me for Levy. I often pick which roles to use based on the characters I choose.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:54:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, actually I draw the bad roles in almost every game it seems. :/
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.