Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:45:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Town found WriterDave, and HCP dead.

HCP - Cop

WriterDave - Vanilla

READ!!!!!!!
VVVVVVVV

Mod Note: VERY IMPORTANT! For Beginners Game 9.4, I will be doing a choose your character game. IN YOUR ROLE PM, give me your top THREE favorite characters from any game, book, movie ect. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN BEGINNER'S 9.4!

Xerge is my Co-Mod, and speaks with my authority.

DEAD

4. Buddamoose - Vanilla
9. WriterDave - Vanilla
12. H to the C to the P, HCP - Cop

ALIVE
1. Airmax1227
2. IFLY
3. johnnyboy54
5. Apollo
6. THEBOMB
7. West of the border
8. Kyro90 The love of your life
10. 0Gough
11. Nikki

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 10:02:57 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:59:52 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 5/8/2012 9:45:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Town found WriterDave, and HCP dead.

HCP - Cop

That's awkward....

What da fuq.. I could have sworn HCP was scum.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 10:10:10 PM
Well this means town has to use their own judgement to find scum. But I have to admit, Mafia are at a huge advantage right now :(

I'm creating a drafterlist with who I think is most likely town and most likely mafia. In the meantime, if anybody has any suspicions, they should say so now and why. We have to be careful this DP.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 10:39:13 PM
Ok, here is my own personal drafter list of people I supect. Take it with a grain of salt or not.

Confirmed players
THEBOMB

List of suspicions
1) Johnnyboy
  I. Wants cop to claim on DP1. This favors mafia since they now know who to target. And Johnnys "doc cop every night" plan is still mafia favored since it lets mafia target whoever they want with impunity. Even Ober himself told cop to not out himself on DP1, so why is Johnny trying to convine town otherwise?
 II. His unstable activity record. The best time for mafia to be active is during DP1, when the day is most likely to end in VTNL. While this does not make me FOS Johnny, his inactivity during DP2 does. DP2 is when town goes scum hunting, so keeping on the low is a common mafia strategy. 
 III. Continuing from point two, Johnny's inactivity surprises me seeing as how active he has been in previous games. His eagerness to post analysis seems to have disappeared- which is exactly what happened in last begineer games( when he was mafia)
 2) Airmax
 I. Lead mislynch on WD. Even though I still think the lynch on WD was justified, his innocence warrents some suspicion on Airmax's part. For now, I have nothing else on Airmax.

Most likely town
1) Kyro- His behavior has been consistent with other games he has been townin- such as claiming on DP1. 
2) OG- He was hesitant to lynch WD. He has also been really active which is highly unusual in mafia noobs.

People with little to no activity. Even though there is a near 100% chance one of them is mafia, it is impossible to determine which one.

1) Apollo
2) West
3) Nikki

Right now, the most likely candidate for scum- for me anyways- is Johnnyboy. If anybody comes up with better reasons to lynch somebody else, I will unvote accordingly. Until then 

VTL Johnnyboy
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:18:20 AM
Yo, OberHerr, did you overlook my last reply to you in my thread (in the economics section) on the concept of "earning"? It's located second from the top on page 28, for your convenience here's a link, http://www.debate.org...
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:24:49 AM
Co-Mod Note: This is the Games Forum and there is a game in progress. Please discuss other matters in its appropriate location.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 2:17:06 AM
At 5/8/2012 10:39:13 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Ok, here is my own personal drafter list of people I supect. Take it with a grain of salt or not.

Confirmed players
THEBOMB

List of suspicions
1) Johnnyboy
  I. Wants cop to claim on DP1. This favors mafia since they now know who to target. And Johnnys "doc cop every night" plan is still mafia favored since it lets mafia target whoever they want with impunity. Even Ober himself told cop to not out himself on DP1, so why is Johnny trying to convine town otherwise?

Are you familiar with the follow the cop strategy? This is when the cop claims in the first phase and the doc protects him to get results. This protects the cop from random lynching. Every phase, the cop can tell us who is guilty and who is not guilty. This allows the town to use process of elimination to determine who is scum and who is town. By the time the doc gets randomly killed, we likely would have had enough confirmations and claims and it would have been much better for the town. While this strategy is a little more difficult with a mafia role cop, it still is better then what we were doing and we would have had some confirmed affiliations. Remember, inno results are every bit as valuable as guilty results in this game.

II. His unstable activity record. The best time for mafia to be active is during DP1, when the day is most likely to end in VTNL. While this does not make me FOS Johnny, his inactivity during DP2 does. DP2 is when town goes scum hunting, so keeping on the low is a common mafia strategy. 
 III. Continuing from point two, Johnny's inactivity surprises me seeing as how active he has been in previous games. His eagerness to post analysis seems to have disappeared- which is exactly what happened in last begineer games( when he was mafia)

Um, its finals week. I have been studying. Also, the last phase occurred over the weekend. I am much busier during the weekend then I am on weekdays.

Anyways, my behavior is pretty pro-town. I did not want the doctor to claim. I even said that THEBOMB he should have lied and claimed vanilla. For this game, having the mafia know who the doc is puts the mafia at a huge disadvantage. I realized this early and posted that the doc should not claim.

2) Airmax
 I. Lead mislynch on WD. Even though I still think the lynch on WD was justified, his innocence warrents some suspicion on Airmax's part. For now, I have nothing else on Airmax.

Most likely town
1) Kyro- His behavior has been consistent with other games he has been townin- such as claiming on DP1. 
2) OG- He was hesitant to lynch WD. He has also been really active which is highly unusual in mafia noobs.

People with little to no activity. Even though there is a near 100% chance one of them is mafia, it is impossible to determine which one.

1) Apollo
2) West
3) Nikki

Right now, the most likely candidate for scum- for me anyways- is Johnnyboy. If anybody comes up with better reasons to lynch somebody else, I will unvote accordingly. Until then 

VTL Johnnyboy

The inactives are much better candidates, and are going to remain inactive because we have no investigative role...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OGough
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 5:07:25 AM
Ok, first. This is going to be so hard
At 5/9/2012 2:17:06 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Confirmed players
THEBOMB

List of suspicions
1) Johnnyboy

Are you familiar with the follow the cop strategy? This is when the cop claims in the first phase and the doc protects him to get results. This protects the cop from random lynching. Every phase, the cop can tell us who is guilty and who is not guilty. This allows the town to use process of elimination to determine who is scum and who is town. By the time the doc gets randomly killed, we likely would have had enough confirmations and claims and it would have been much better for the town. While this strategy is a little more difficult with a mafia role cop, it still is better then what we were doing and we would have had some confirmed affiliations. Remember, inno results are every bit as valuable as guilty results in this game.

My only point is that this method seems to favor sum if anything. Because this means that each NP the mafia have a 50/50 chance of killing cop or doc (as doc can only protect one) and after the doc is dead the cop will soon follow. Therefore I still think that your actions are kinda scummy.
(if I have made some major flaw in my logic, please blame my noobishness)

Um, its finals week. I have been studying. Also, the last phase occurred over the weekend. I am much busier during the weekend then I am on weekdays.

Anyways, my behavior is pretty pro-town. I did not want the doctor to claim. I even said that THEBOMB he should have lied and claimed vanilla. For this game, having the mafia know who the doc is puts the mafia at a huge disadvantage. I realized this early and posted that the doc should not claim.

2) Airmax

Most likely town

1) Apollo
2) West
3) Nikki

VTL Johnnyboy

The inactives are much better candidates, and are going to remain inactive because we have no investigative role...

But I still think that the case is kinda weak, but I Spose we don't have much to go on :/

(at school so won't be on for a bit)
westernmarch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 6:09:48 AM
At 5/9/2012 5:07:25 AM, OGough wrote:
Ok, first. This is going to be so hard

Confirmed players
THEBOMB

List of suspicions
1) Johnnyboy

My only point is that this method seems to favor sum if anything. Because this means that each NP the mafia have a 50/50 chance of killing cop or doc (as doc can only protect one) and after the doc is dead the cop will soon follow. Therefore I still think that your actions are kinda scummy.
(if I have made some major flaw in my logic, please blame my noobishness)

2) Airmax

Most likely town

1) Apollo
2) West
3) Nikki

VTL Johnnyboy

But I still think that the case is kinda weak, but I Spose we don't have much to go on :/

(at school so won't be on for a bit)

We could go at the ones who are most scum.
I kill John for claiming Cop
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 6:14:44 AM
Just got on reading DP.

So Johnny claimed cop?
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 6:49:08 AM
At 5/9/2012 12:19:06 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
VTL Charles

Charleslb was suddenly hit by an orbital bombardment from space, and vaporized.

Aka. Charleslb was Mob-Killed.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OGough
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 7:12:56 AM
At 5/9/2012 6:18:16 AM, westernmarch wrote:
At 5/9/2012 6:14:44 AM, kyro90 wrote:
Just got on reading DP.

So Johnny claimed cop?

From what I read.

... Don't think so.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 9:55:33 AM

Confirmed players
THEBOMB

List of suspicions
1) Johnnyboy

1) This lets mafia kill townies withot fear of the doc saving them.
2) This means doc cannot save himself if mafia find out who he is- which is likely with a role cop. Once docs dead, guess whose next.
3) Somebody could have CC'd him and possible got cop mislynched on DP1. 
4) It is because of the above three reasons Ober told not to claim early, so why were you pushing so hard for hin to?

You have still managed to be active in Fere something or another.

Lol at this lie. You do realize thebomb was two votes away from a mislynch right? You would rather him die than claim doc? 

No, absolutely nothing you have said is pro town.

2) Airmax

Most likely town

1) Apollo
2) West
3) Nikki

VTL Johnnyboy

No, the inactives are not better candidates. Since they are inactive, we don't know which one is scum. Do you randomly want to kill somebody in hope they are scum?

My vote still stays on Johnny unless we have a better lead.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 10:05:30 AM
Facts

1) We must VTL somebody.

2) Town must use their own judgement on who to lynch since cop is dead.

3) Johnny is our best lead unless somebody brings forth a stronger case for somebody else.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:45:09 AM
At 5/9/2012 10:26:40 AM, westernmarch wrote:
unvote

Why did you vote me? That was absolutly random. What last vote anyway? I remember my vtl was on THEBOMB but I kept it there because I was inactive for almost the entire last DP.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
westernmarch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:47:33 AM
At 5/9/2012 11:45:09 AM, kyro90 wrote:
At 5/9/2012 10:26:40 AM, westernmarch wrote:
unvote

Why did you vote me? That was absolutly random. What last vote anyway? I remember my vtl was on THEBOMB but I kept it there because I was inactive for almost the entire last DP.

aye.
OGough
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 11:54:49 AM
At 5/9/2012 9:55:33 AM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Confirmed players
THEBOMB

List of suspicions
1) Johnnyboy

1) This lets mafia kill townies withot fear of the doc saving them.
2) This means doc cannot save himself if mafia find out who he is- which is likely with a role cop. Once docs dead, guess whose next.
3) Somebody could have CC'd him and possible got cop mislynched on DP1. 
4) It is because of the above three reasons Ober told not to claim early, so why were you pushing so hard for hin to?

You have still managed to be active in Fere something or another.

Lol at this lie. You do realize thebomb was two votes away from a mislynch right? You would rather him die than claim doc? 

No, absolutely nothing you have said is pro town.

2) Airmax

Most likely town

1) Apollo
2) West
3) Nikki

VTL Johnnyboy

No, the inactives are not better candidates. Since they are inactive, we don't know which one is scum. Do you randomly want to kill somebody in hope they are scum?

My vote still stays on Johnny unless we have a better lead.

I have been thinking about this for a bit and I agree Johnny seems the most scummy.. Also some extra pressure may help to get the ball moving.
So VTL Johnny
Happy to unvote if he or anyone else can provide another solution
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:06:40 PM
At 5/9/2012 6:14:44 AM, kyro90 wrote:
Just got on reading DP.

So Johnny claimed cop?

No. I never claimed cop. I said that cop should claim so we could do a follow the cop scenario.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:16:37 PM
Vote Count
johnnyboy 4/5 - IFLY, Nikki, OGough, West, airmax

johnnyboy was lynched. He was innocent. Game Over. OberHerr will post the endgame thread.