TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 7:55:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
OP:
Wednesday 4pm
The employees of wal-mart are all working hard, just as normal. Though today's work was was just going to be average, some employees seemed nervous knowing that the new store owner would come in today. Nonetheless, they carried on their business as normal, and attempted to be happy.
Then the loud speaker comes on.
"Attention Associates, the store will now be closing for the next hour. Please attend the back room so we can have our store meeting! Thankyou!" The charming girl voice ends. The dis-gruntles employees all make their way to the back room and take a seat. A few minutes goes by, as they chit chatter.
Finally a big fat man walks out onto the floor, his stubby little fingers tightening his tie that was originally hanging loosely from his neck. A bead of sweat roles down the fat folds in his brow.
Then he speaks.
"Good morning employees. I am the new store manager, Rob. Indeed, I have just purchased this location. I am here to announce that I am going to be laying down the rules a little bit more harshly. We as employees get to know that this store is the foundation of the great Sam Walton. And as he once said 'High expectations are the key to everything'. So My dear friends, today, and from the rest of your days here, we are going to live that standard. With that said, any violation of company policy, will result in an instant loss of your job. However, friends, don't take this to heart. I know none of you would ever dream of violating a company policy anyways. So with that said, Please enjoy the rest of your day here at wal-mart, and continue to teach our customers the value of saving money, and living better! Thankyou."
The Fat man Attempts to walk off the stage, and as he is walking off nearly stumbles. Dillon, an employee from Sporting good let's out a burst of laughter. He is alone in this humility. He slowly stops, and looks down awkwardly. The following day, Dillon did not report to work, as he was put on leave for dis-orderly behavior. The employees were in for some hard times.
------
Thursday night, 3 a.m.

As the over night stockers talked to each other in silence about what happened that day, one man, seemed rather peeved.
"This is not fair. He can't just come in and treat us like Crap! Dillon was my friend! Why couldn't he have fired someone else, like Clarissa? God I hate Clarissa..." He said as he was loading paper cartons onto a shelf.
The other employees nodded in agreement, as they continued about their works. Their is a minute of silence. Then another Overnight Stocker speaks up.
"Wait a second.. That's not a bad idea... Why don't we just get the people we don't like fired? I mean they're are plenty of them right? Why don't we frame them, and get them fired? Soon we will control the store, and will not have any more annoying douchebags, and b1tches. What do you guys say?"
The fellow Stockers All formed evil smiles. That answered that.

GAMEPLAY:

Good morning guys and welcome to my game! Just going to go over some important mechanics for this game real quick.

1. I love to do trivia, and give information, but in this game I will not be doing trivia. I wanted to try something else out as an activity booster, and that is more fair, and doesn't require reasearching or knowing about certain things. In this game All mod information will be given out randomly, both in the night and in the day phase. In each day phase, I will state a certain post number. For example 53. Whatever player has the 53rd post, will acheive either information (most likely) or a role (Not very likely early on). I feel this way is more fair than trivia, and still offers an incentive to post and be active.

2. Each night phase will be 48 hours. If you cannot be active in that time frame, please submit your actions ahead of time when you are. All actions will be forfeited if they are not turned in within that Time frame. I am going to be more leniant on the day phase. The day phase will continue as long as their is activity. If a day phase slows down, then I will put a time limit up.

3. Each lynch vote counts as one write up. Wehn a player recieves the majority of write ups, that player is lynched. I am not going to be as active as a mod, as I was in the dragon ball Z game, as I am almost constantly working, so please help me update the vote count. I am not making any promises, but helping keep the vote count up to date and accurate, I may give info to the person who does this most.

4. Their are traditional roles in this game, as well as several that I have made up, so don't be surprised if you see some wierd roles in the graveyard.

5. Characters in this game have names, though they don't bear too much of a significance. While character names do have something to do with the game mechanics, it is very miniscule. With that said, most characters do have something different about them that you can pressure them for (other than roles).

6. I will be using normal mafia rules for this game. I will only mod-kill if the action done is pretty severe. My punishments for this game, will not be that severe though, and will most likely result in you losing your ability on the first offence. I don't see this being a problem though.

With that said, I think we are ready to begin!
Information will be given to the 93rd poster.
Good luck, and have fun!

1.Bcresmer
2. LDF
3. F-16
4. Thaddeus
5. HCP
6. Mestari
7. Zaradi
8. USM
9. BlackVoid
10. Medic
11. Budda
12. Jordan
13. Airmax
14. Bluesteel
15. DetectableNinja
16. Viper-King
17. JohnnyBoy54
18. West
19. Vmpire
20.LordKnukle
21. FourTrouble
22. Logic on rails
23. The Torres
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 7:58:53 PM
VTL Bcsremer

I don't think that I have played with him before and he seems the noobiest.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:00:01 PM
The Overnight Stockers are clearly mafia.

Rob is likely third party.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:03:15 PM
I'm just going to claim to get it out of the way. I'm the popular townie and I take an extra vote to lynch.

Vote ahead. VTL HCP
We'll get a claim from brescmer after
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:04:05 PM
What are we pressuring for, department or role? Names are useless. TUF even said so.

VTL bscemser sure, noob rule, but I want LDF after that, cuz seriously - mods always make her mafia in every game.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:05:22 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:03:15 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
I'm just going to claim to get it out of the way. I'm the popular townie and I take an extra vote to lynch.

Vote ahead. VTL HCP

We can test you at a later point, if it's necessary.

This is also the easiest way to get yourself lynched as jester, fyi.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:06:24 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:05:22 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/9/2012 8:03:15 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:

Vote ahead. VTL HCP

We can test you at a later point, if it's necessary.

This is also the easiest way to get yourself lynched as jester, fyi.

Oh, I never considered that.

Okay, I guess we can test it later.
Unvote VTL Brescmer
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:10:56 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:09:44 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 5/9/2012 8:09:26 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I think that's enough for now.

You didn't vote

Yes I did,
Sapere Aude!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:12:55 PM
Write ups until Fired
Bcresmer -5/12 - Lordknukle, vmpire, BlueSteel, HCP, Blackvoid
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:16:41 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:04:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:
What are we pressuring for, department or role? Names are useless. TUF even said so.

VTL bscemser sure, noob rule, but I want LDF after that, cuz seriously - mods always make her mafia in every game.

More like Mestari, if you want to use that reasoning.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:17:07 PM
Right now, we should pressure for department claims. It's a bit early for role claims.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:18:53 PM
Alright, I'm in on this.
I think we're good on votes for bcres to claim, so I'll start another one.
VTL LDF for claim.
Seriously, when in doubt, she's probably GF.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:19:23 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:18:53 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Alright, I'm in on this.
I think we're good on votes for bcres to claim, so I'll start another one.
VTL LDF for claim.
Seriously, when in doubt, she's probably GF.

And I win with the town associates.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:19:30 PM
I think department claims are going to be absolutely useless, since in a 23 person game there's probably multiple people from each department, buy okay.

Honestly, the smart move would be to treat this like an unthemed game. Get two role claims this DP, then VTNL if nothing good happens.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:19:46 PM
The first thing that I want to say is that we, as town, should organize information for the purposes of this game. As far as I know, there are four types of information: Things that we KNOW, things that have been CLAIMED, things that we can INFER, and things that we NEED TO KNOW. I highlighted the phrases "know," "claimed," "infer," and "need to know" because they are significant.

We KNOW what the mod has told us (aside from what Blue calls b@stard modding), and the actions of the players. However, people are going to say that "oh, I'm telling the truth about my character/role/action/what have you." Even if you are telling the truth about such things, you are still CLAIMING. We have no accountable way of backing this up, unless we can have stuff confirmed. From what we know and what has been claimed, we can make INFERENCES about the game, which can help lead us forward as town. Finally, based on all three things that I have mentioned beforehand, we can start to piece together the puzzle pieces of this game, and understand WHAT WE NEED in order to complete that puzzle. And all this will help us in the long run as town, because it gives us a blueprint for us going forward.

So:

KNOW

CLAIMED

INFER

NEED

I'm open to criticism and questions.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:20:54 PM
I win with the town. I win with the town's associates. I do not win with the mafia. I am not a third party. I am neither mafia nor third party. I loose with the town. Etc.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:21:07 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:19:46 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
The first thing that I want to say is that we, as town, should organize information for the purposes of this game. As far as I know, there are four types of information: Things that we KNOW, things that have been CLAIMED, things that we can INFER, and things that we NEED TO KNOW. I highlighted the phrases "know," "claimed," "infer," and "need to know" because they are significant.

We KNOW what the mod has told us (aside from what Blue calls b@stard modding), and the actions of the players. However, people are going to say that "oh, I'm telling the truth about my character/role/action/what have you." Even if you are telling the truth about such things, you are still CLAIMING. We have no accountable way of backing this up, unless we can have stuff confirmed. From what we know and what has been claimed, we can make INFERENCES about the game, which can help lead us forward as town. Finally, based on all three things that I have mentioned beforehand, we can start to piece together the puzzle pieces of this game, and understand WHAT WE NEED in order to complete that puzzle. And all this will help us in the long run as town, because it gives us a blueprint for us going forward.

So:

KNOW

CLAIMED

INFER

NEED

This is like elementary school all over again.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:22:07 PM

So:

KNOW

CLAIMED

INFER

NEED

All of this information can be organized in a simple Drafterlist with some notes at the bottom.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:22:36 PM
At 5/9/2012 8:22:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

So:

KNOW

CLAIMED

INFER

NEED

All of this information can be organized in a simple Drafterlist with some notes at the bottom.

I tried.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:22:40 PM
@USM

That's basically a drafter list.

Know = dead players

Claim = character/department/role claims - claims about role uses - claims about info the mod gave you

Infer = literally everything else players say in the game. Inferences can be wrong, so basically every post people make analyzing the game is just an inference. It's not worth listing them all. A mafia game is a game of competing inferences, with the mafia trying to advance false ones and the town trying to sift the true ones from the false ones.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:23:06 PM
Write ups until Fired
Bcresmer -6/12 - Lordknukle, vmpire, BlueSteel, HCP, Blackvoid, medic
Lickdafoot - 1/12- Zaradi
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:24:01 PM
Need is hopefully the action the town is currently taking (forcing someone to claim something or lynching someone who is likely scum, to learn their affiliation).
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 8:26:04 PM
Gah. Trying to split time between here and the DN isn't working out too well xD Gimme a sec to do something and I'll start posting more.