Jump to topic:

Golden Garden Mafia DP 8

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 5:17:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
On a moonlit night, near Herzen Castle...

A figure slowly and quietly watched as a person whose clothing slightly caught the moonlight entered Herzen Castle. The figure smiled. They were doing quite an intelligent thing, yet, it was something that had been prepared for.

The figure slipped into Herzen Castle and watched his target advance up a flight of stairs. The figure had to admit, the grand decorum of the castle, coupled with a raised platform surrounding the perimeter of the sizeable entrance was stunning. Coupled with a scarlet red carpet draped over the marble staircase and one could not help but be amazed. However, it was the tremendous chandelier on the ceiling that truly made the scene majestic.

Unfortunately, the figure had a kill to perform.

Hiding aside the stairs, the figure waited. The person would come down soon. And then the kill would be swift and silent. Yes, silent. One could do with not attracting attention, however fleeting the time he would be on the scene for it to matter.

About an hour passed before the figure heard the mutterings of the person as he passed from his room and approached the raised platform. The figure quietly drew his sword as the target locked a door and started to descend the stairs.

As the person descended the final few stairs and took only a few steps off the scarlet carpet, the figure decided to strike. Leaping out from aside the stairwell, blade drawn, the figure slashed at the hapless person, oblivious to the terrible threat.

The ring of steel rang threw the castle walls.

"Run!" screamed a usually eloquent and refined gentleman's voice. The figure before him struck again and the swordsmen had there blades pushing against each other.

Meanwhile, the hapless person ran and did not look back. With a cry the person crashed through the entrance doorway and was gone.

With a swift riposte, the Chevalier de Roland drove the figure before him backwards and the duellists stepped apart.

"My dear friend, I do hope you know who you are opposing," stated the figure with calm aplomb. The Chevalier de Roland replied with seemingly bated words.
"Let us be perfectly clear fiend, I am the best bladesman from Lyon, and although you are not from Lyon, I suggest you merely surrender."

Wordlessly, the figure smiled, as if greeting a friend, and then struck.

It was with deadly precision and terrifying elegance that the duellists fought, cut and parry, riposte and counter, all in a blur of light as the swords glistened through the air.

It was then that Roland's wrongfooted his opponent, and, with lightning reflexes, launched a daring thrust at the figure before him. However, his foe managed to twist away from the fatal thrust, leaving but a small cut on his left arm.

"First blood to you, Chevalier," said the figure respectfully.
"Why thankyou. I do trust that much more of your blood will spill on this scarlet carpet tonight my friend." The figure tilted his head mockingly.
"As always, you are never presumptuous Chevalier. Yes, never presumptuous..." came the reply, accompanied by an impetuous downward stroke at the Chevalier's head.

With a contemptuous parry, the Chevalier danced away from the blow and the duo were at blades length apart as their impeccable virtuosity drew them to what seemed like a standstill. And then, with a mighty straight armed thrust, the Chevalier struck through the figure's shoulder, leaving a gash on the figure's left shoulder.

"Second blood to me as well. I think you would do well to retire now," said the Chevalier, stance perfect in the middle of the entrance hall.

The figure smiled ever so slightly, and then launched into a ferocious attack.

With a touch of barbaric force, the figure drove the Chevalier before him until the Chevalier was near the stairwell. With a few more blows the Chevalier was placed dangerously against the railings.

Now, the Chevalier could have vaulted over the railing and commenced the duel anew, but the Chevalier was a man of honour. He would not resort to such ungentle-manly tactics. Steeling himself, his blades clashed with the figure's blade mightily, and with every ounce of his strength he bore the figure to a standstill, a stalemate, and then threw the figure off with a hint of ease.

And then the duellers were at it again, dangerously fighting along the railing up the stairs, before returning to the centre of the entrance floor. But then the Chevalier struck again, this time a deep gash to the figure's leg. From there the Chevalier merely had to walk and the figure would jump frightfully backwards, aware of his impending demise.

The figure ran up onto the raised platform and glanced around. The Chevalier smiled.

"Your time is up. You know a duel of blades can only be won by me." The figure laughed, a slight madness matching in the eyes.
"Chevalier, you are indeed the better bladesman. And I have no doubt that you have a powerful intellect. However..."
"A good bluff, but I am not amused."
"Fine then Chevalier, let this be your final moment!" The figure slashed at a chain on the wall.

And then, it all happened blindingly fast.

The chain, which had supported the chandelier, was now broken, and the chandelier swayed for less than a second before a great sound was heard in the roof. With nearly no delay the chandelier fell from it's former prized place on the ceiling of the entrance hall's centre.

And the Chevalier was right underneath, crushed to death within seconds.

From the raised platform the figure breathed a sigh of relief, and hobbled home to tend to his wounds. Were it not for a little luck, he would not be alive....

Torres - Mayor Alfred Fischer - You are the town Mayor and because of this and your great rapport with the townspeople you are the mason. However, because you chose to accept some generous payments from Frances Monde, you are the Mafia mason. You can recruit anybody into your mason PM. You recruit 1 person into your mason PM each night. You win with the Mafia.

Bluesteel - Chevalier de Roland - You are, quite simply, a man of valor and honour. You fought to the last against the wretched demons who ransacked your country estate in France. You nearly fought them off, yet got knocked over the head. You woke up, decided it was time to get out of France and now humbly work as a bodyguard in England. Every night protect 1 player. If they are targeted there's a 50% chance you chase off the attacker and nobody dies and a 50% chance you take the blow and die. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. Lickdafoot
2. TV
3. Medic
4. Xerge

It takes 3 votes to lynch.

Mod note: I may be quite inactive for parts of this DP. Blackvoid will run the show during the 24 hours that I can't post during.

Now friends, how does Folsense fare on this new day?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 5:25:22 AM
Medic investigated me and I'm innocent.

Hopefully Xerge was watching whoever was attacked...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 12:38:38 PM
I watched bluesteel....but I did not see a murderer. It was said to me that there are certain things that do not count as a 'visit' and to read to OP for further details.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 1:04:51 PM
Ok, well then there are only 2 options.

1. He died protecting someone. I'm guessing he would have watched Xerge since, if town, he's more likely to find the killer. If this is true then LDF is obviously the last mafia.

2. Xerge is mafia.

TV what do you think??
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 1:06:45 PM
At 5/11/2012 1:04:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:

1. He died protecting someone. I'm guessing he would have guarded Xerge since, if town, he's more likely to find the killer. If this is true then LDF is obviously the last mafia.

2. Xerge is mafia.

TV what do you think??

Fixed
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 1:24:05 PM
At 5/11/2012 1:04:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:

1. He died protecting someone. I'm guessing he would have watched Xerge since, if town, he's more likely to find the killer. If this is true then LDF is obviously the last mafia.

2. Xerge is mafia.

TV what do you think??

Regarding No.2, I really don't know what else I can do to prove that I am not. I protected bluesteel from false results and caught MTorres visiting Danielle.

Also if LDF is a popular townie, I do not know how we can lynch her without her voting for herself also. I also do not know if it makes any sense for the mafia to have that role. I wonder if she is going to be replaced she has not been online for quite sometime.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:03:50 PM
I protected xerge last NP. Should be fairly obvious. He caught Torres - he's obviously not mafia.

LDF is in fact Moni Windsor, popular townie. I dunno about the TUF stuff, I didn't receive any of that.

Xerge is right though. If LDF were a mafia popular role, the game would have ended already in a mafia win because she wouldn't be lynchable (it would take 4 votes to lynch her). This confirms her, along with her being offline.

VTL tv Only other option, besides medic, and it's hard to believe his results are fake. That would mean both drafterman and mafia each got to submit one fake result, and that they somehow knew TUF was third party.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:05:50 PM
Also, royal's claim just doesn't make sense then. She's supposed to get cop powers if all the other cops are dead. That means medic must be a real cop, meaning not mafia.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:09:43 PM
Kind of doesn't make sense though that drafterman was supposed to kill a cop though if one of them are mafia. But it has to be one of them, so.

I really hope it's royal. She acts so naturally scummy she may have thrown my read on medic off.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:10:54 PM
Also, my theory about bribing high level officials seems to be correct. Read Torres' PM
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:14:35 PM
At 5/11/2012 1:46:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:
LDF hasn't been on line for 3 days, which means she couldn't have turned in the nightkill. It has to be you or TV.

I do allow night actions to be handed in during the DP. However, would the Mafia do this?

More fun at the final hour!
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:16:28 PM
nvm unvote

I could still see medic as mafia I guess. Two town seeming roles were mafia. It would make sense to put multiple third parties in to help medic confirm himself, and then have normal cop results. It explains why he investigated drafterman rather than someone else - cuz he obviously couldn't investigate his mafia teammates or the jig would be up.

I want tv's role summary again before proceeding.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 4:57:16 PM
At 5/11/2012 4:16:28 PM, bluesteel wrote:
nvm unvote

I could still see medic as mafia I guess. Two town seeming roles were mafia. It would make sense to put multiple third parties in to help medic confirm himself, and then have normal cop results. It explains why he investigated drafterman rather than someone else - cuz he obviously couldn't investigate his mafia teammates or the jig would be up.

I want tv's role summary again before proceeding.

So as mafia I tried to get you lynched one day, then turn around the next day and claim to have investigated you and found you innocent. Not only that but I let your reasoning be the guide for my vote to lynch a fellow mafioso. Doesn't make sense.

Plus, if TV is town then how do you explain him not getting to do investigations on his own, as Royal had already said was specified in her role pm. The only explanation is that the police force is not dead, and that I am the cop. If I'm mafia then that means Royal's role only received one set of accurate results, Marauder's.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 5:04:02 PM
At 5/11/2012 4:10:54 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Also, my theory about bribing high level officials seems to be correct. Read Torres' PM

High level officials like the Cheif of Police??
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 5:32:41 PM
Xerge as mafia is not a total impossiblity. With the likes of Blue, Danielle, TV, etc, to choose from, Torres' choice of Xerge as a recruit seems a little odd don't you think?? And he apparently was recruited before Xerge gave up Mestari, from the way it sounds. It would make sense that he'd want another mafia in the mason's pm, that seemed like town. Also, when Xerge gave up both Mestari and Torres, both their roles were pretty much useless.

LDF/Blue hadn't been online for 3 days so could only have turned in the night kill if she did it ahead of time, which I guess is possible. Popular mafia doesn't really make sense though. The details of this game have been very well thought out, and Logic had to know that if that popular mafia made it late into the game that she would become unkillable, which would be pretty unfair to town. I doubt that he overlooked that detail, and allowed it.

As for TV/Royal, I can only think of one reason for the sane cop to be left alive throughout the game, and that is if his suspicions were off and he actually beleived the mafia's claim. I obviously beleived Royal through most of this game, and defended her. I can't explain why Logic would give investigative results to mafia every night, but it's certainly a possibility that needs to be considered. Bottom line is that if TV is town, then I have to be town because his role is dependent on me. He can be mafia though, without implicating me.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 5:57:00 PM
All I know for certain is that xerge and I are town.

I think it more likely tv is mafia, but want to hear from his one last time.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 6:12:08 PM
BTW...

"With the likes of Blue, Danielle, TV, etc, to choose from, Torres' choice of Xerge as a recruit seems a little odd don't you think??"

Xerge, please don't take offense to that statement. I don't mean that you're not a good player, I was just saying that he had all the best, most experienced players on DDO to choose from. It wasn't a knock on you, ok??
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:17:36 AM
If Xerge is mafia, he's pulled off an EXTREMELY risky move by bussing his teammates. If he's not confirmed, I don't see how anyone can possibly be confirmed.

At this point, I'm fairly certain medic0506 is the final mafia. I've suspected him all game. I love how it's being suggested that mafia couldn't possibly have a cop... The mafia had a mason for god sake! I never would have predicted that... The reasoning for a cop is simple... This game had 1/5 third-party roles. The cop would obviously be able to expose them (and did).

I honestly don't know about bluesteel(2)... If I thought it would help, I'd suggest we no lynch today to eliminate someone, but no doubt Xerge would be killed so it's kind of pointless... It seems unlikely that Torres would recruit mafia into his Mafia Mason PM...

So, I guess...
VOTE medic0506
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 9:17:08 AM
tv, role summary...

medic, role summary...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 9:29:58 AM
Since you seem to be ignoring all the other arguments against me being mafia, let's look at behavior/voting, since that can't be WIFOM'd.

If you think I'm mafia, then can you explain why I would have voted FOR lynching Mestari but was AGAINST lynching Marauder and refused to vote for him. I also originally was skeptical of Xerge's result on Torres, but after Blue explained his rationale for the moves he suggested, I voted FOR lynching Torres. If you don't beleive Xerge can be guilty because of who he bussed, then the same logic should apply to me. I would have to have gone against the same 2 people that you are using to clear Xerge. That seems like a double standard to me.

Mestari - 7/7 - tulle, Bluesteel, LDF, Xerge, Medic, Drafterman, F-16

Marauder - 6/6 - Bluesteel, TV, Drafterman, LDF, Royal, Maurader

Notice that Xerge and I are both in on Mestari's lynch, but neither of us voted for Marauder. Also notice that Royal/TV did NOT vote for Mestari, but DID vote for the mislynch on Marauder. Why would Royal support the mislynch on Marauder if she were town and actually receiving results from the
un-cc'd psychologist?? Why wouldn't an active player like Royal have voted for lynching Mestari when he was busted at the scene of a crime?? You DID hammer Torres, but it was obvious at that point that there was no other option and we had made up our minds. Not hammering, or arguing against his lynch would have implicated you.

Is it possible that I could be mafia?? I guess from y'alls perspective, sure it's possible. But when you take into consideration our roles and characters, as well as our behavior and voting record, it seems clear who was playing more pro-town.

In addition, the Chief of Police is much more likely to be the corrupt official, as opposed to just a regular cop. So...

VTL TV
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 9:37:24 AM
At 5/12/2012 9:17:08 AM, bluesteel wrote:
tv, role summary...

medic, role summary...

I'm a cop. If I look closely each night I will be able to tell who is guilty, or innocent. I win with the town.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:13:32 AM
Not looking good for you tv...

I know royal was hesitant to lynch marauder (she claimed I forced her, while also claiming at the same time that I should be lynched if marauder was innocent). Lol, I remember now - one of the many reasons I thought she was scum before.

But it doesn't explain her not voting mestari.

So yeah, let's hear your role summary again.

btw medic, we keep forgetting PR. So it's not completely implausible you're fake, in the sense that it's not true that this would mean marauder was the only real result.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:18:15 AM
http://www.debate.org...

this was also a huge reason I suspected royal - she couldn't decide who she wanted mislynched, me or tv. At least medic was consistent.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:18:35 AM
medic, do you have a first name?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:58:04 AM
At 5/12/2012 10:53:11 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/12/2012 10:18:35 AM, bluesteel wrote:
medic, do you have a first name?

No, just Detective Capote

PR was Officer Locke

TV/Royal is Police Chief Walter Barnaby