Frere Jacques Mafia DAY PHASE 6

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 8:37:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
STORY:

Frere Cezanne was found in his room, dead. It looked like he put up a suprisingly fair fight, compared with the others. A few of his canvases were torn, and the telltale song on his back were half-finished and sloppy. He was buried with his comrades. One wonders what the dream-prone Cezanne was wondering in his last few days. Was he contemplating the universe? Or was he downcast at the fact that all of his friends were in some way destroyed? But, the four left had little time to think about that.

THE DEAD

HCP:
Bonjour, Fere Pierre.

You are the JACK OF ALL TRADES. You have a variety of roles at your disposal, all one-shot.

Doc
Track
Watch
Lie-Detect
Vigilante

However, you must use your roles in that order.

You win with the town. (RECRUITED TO CULT)

Vmpire321/TUF2:
Bonjour, Fere Cezanne.

Like your namesake, you like painting. You can use this painting to your advantage. You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Every NP, you can select one person and they will be asked if they want to be painted. If they say yes, then they will be roleblocked.

You win with the town.

THE LIVING

8. Medic
11. Johnnyboy
13. Greyparrot2 (replacing Zaradi)
14. Thad (replacing F-16)

With four left, it takes three to lynch.

Vite! Vite!
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 9:43:22 AM
I'll wait for results but since TUF is now a confirmed roleblocker, it seems obvious that Grey was lying about not being roleblocked when TUF said he blocked him.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 9:52:38 AM
At 5/12/2012 8:59:48 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Well it doesn't say that HCP could recruit so that means there is 1 mafia and zero cult left?

I'm not so sure about that anymore. Read the story from the end of last day phase. It seems to imply that there might be another cult member, though I'm not sure why the mod would tell us that straight up.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:05:42 AM
At 5/12/2012 9:43:22 AM, medic0506 wrote:
I'll wait for results but since TUF is now a confirmed roleblocker, it seems obvious that Grey was lying about not being roleblocked when TUF said he blocked him.

I never lied about what was in my role i inherited. If Zaradi was roleblocked before I took over, it is very possible the mod did not inform me.
USM, was Zaradi roleblocked? All you told me in the role PM was who he had targetted. Also, I did not redirect anyone last night since I still don't even know how that works...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:06:22 AM
From the ending story...

"As the other men leave, on man stays. Pierre pleads with him, his comrade in arms.

<<Il est pour notre profit.>> says the man who Pierre was pleading with. He leaves Pierre.

Later, in the room of the man who was recently excommunicated, the same person entered Pierre's room and found where he put his Bible. But, it wasn't a Bible. It was a holy book written by the pagan Andre. The friend of Pierre took it up and hid it in his robe. Now he had two of such manuscripts."

Il est pour notre profit= It is for our benefit

I suppose this passage could be referring to one of the Heretics, but it seems to imply someone that HCP was actively working with and he wouldn't have been working with the mafia.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:11:42 AM
I am pretty convinced you are not cult Medic so I'll go along with that analysis that says there is 1 cult and 1 mafia. I think we should get the mafia today though and hope the cultist cannot recruit tonight. Johnny should be able to tell us more when he gets on.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:13:04 AM
At 5/12/2012 10:05:42 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/12/2012 9:43:22 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I never lied about what was in my role i inherited. If Zaradi was roleblocked before I took over, it is very possible the mod did not inform me.
USM, was Zaradi roleblocked? All you told me in the role PM was who he had targetted. Also, I did not redirect anyone last night since I still don't even know how that works...

According to Tuf's role pm, you or Zaradi would had to have agreed to be painted, meaning one of you had to say yes. Tuf would not have said you were blocked, and voted against you, if one of you had said no because obviously that would have meant that he would know that you were not roleblocked. You did say that you weren't roleblocked, right?? I mean you even voted for Tuf, which implies that you were disputing his claim.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 10:21:41 AM
At 5/12/2012 10:11:42 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am pretty convinced you are not cult Medic so I'll go along with that analysis that says there is 1 cult and 1 mafia. I think we should get the mafia today though and hope the cultist cannot recruit tonight. Johnny should be able to tell us more when he gets on.

I agree on getting mafia, and that's why I wanted to keep HCP around and go after mafia in previous dp's. Drafter had a one-shot kill, which was the cult's only means of killing, so they really weren't a threat. Mafia on the other hand, CAN kill and thus were a much bigger threat so I wanted to go after them first. Plus as long as HCP was in the game, the mod had to count him as a potential town vote, thus mafia would had to have killed him off in order to win rather than tie, and that would have staved off a kill on a townie.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 11:14:25 AM
At 5/12/2012 11:03:28 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Medic is clear. He went nowhere. Mafia is between Johnny and GP. Safe money is on GP

Waiting on Johnny, I think its either johnny or thaddeus, but johnny has been very pro town.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 11:25:23 AM
At 5/12/2012 10:18:07 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I never said Zaradi was not roleblocked before I took over. I just said USM gave me no information either way.

I'm going to re-read that exchange as soon as I get time so let's table this for the moment. I have some things I need to do around the house.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 11:47:25 AM
OK.
If we mislynch, we die. If a random townie were to randomly guess who was mafia we would have a 1/3 chance of getting it right.
If we VTNL, we have one more dp of results, and a random townie has half chance of guessing correctly.
What are Medics and GPs roles again?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 11:48:18 AM
At 5/12/2012 11:47:25 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
OK.
If we mislynch, we die. If a random townie were to randomly guess who was mafia we would have a 1/3 chance of getting it right.
If we VTNL, we have one more dp of results, and a random townie has half chance of guessing correctly.

GP is redirector?
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 11:49:49 AM
At 5/12/2012 11:48:18 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
OK.

GP is redirector?

Has GP even claimed?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:00:07 PM
I think we should vtnl and let johnny get another shot at catching the mafia...the safest way. If for any other reason, it will make it a 33% chance rather than a 25% chance.

VTNL

if we mislynch today it's really all over.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:01:16 PM
At 5/12/2012 11:49:49 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
OK.

GP is redirector?

Has GP even claimed?

Yah I claimed right as soon as I replaced Zaradi, I came full clean with my role and everything the mod put in my role PM. I'll go back and look for it.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:03:12 PM
here it is:

Posted: 3 days ago
Okay, I guess I will do what Viper did and claim immediately after being subbed out. I am a redirector, I redirected Tuf, Johnny, Acronyms, and Airmax. I can only redirect a person once.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:04:10 PM
Ok the hunny-do-list can wait for a bit.

@Thad, I am bulletproof and was targeted by mafia the night there was no kill. Ober even admitted to targeting me after he admitted he was mafia.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:05:26 PM
Also I STILL don't know how this redirecting works, and I think it could be really harmful for town so I did not use it last night. If you guys think I should let me know because I really don't understand how it works. Maybe USM could you pm me and tell me how it is suppossed to work?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:07:40 PM
At 5/12/2012 12:04:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Ok the hunny-do-list can wait for a bit.

@Thad, I am bulletproof and was targeted by mafia the night there was no kill. Ober even admitted to targeting me after he admitted he was mafia.

As I see it, there is no confusion about who is mafia. Johnny could have claimed to have watched TUF and seen either me or GP. I confirm you, as you visited no-one. By process of elimination GP must be mafia.
We suspected Zaradi before he was replaced.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:11:49 PM
Grey, you stuck with your story last dp about Zaradi re-directing Airmax. TUF was adamant that you were roleblocked though, and that means that Zaradi had to agree to be painted, prior to you taking over, and you left your vote on Tuf, insisting that he was mafia. That seems like an obvious dispute of his claim. While you didn't come out and say "No I 100% was not roleblocked", your behavior indicates that you
were claiming not to have been. Tuf is now confirmed so it seems obvious that he was telling the truth.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:13:10 PM
At 5/12/2012 12:11:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Grey, you stuck with your story last dp about Zaradi re-directing Airmax. TUF was adamant that you were roleblocked though, and that means that Zaradi had to agree to be painted, prior to you taking over, and you left your vote on Tuf, insisting that he was mafia. That seems like an obvious dispute of his claim. While you didn't come out and say "No I 100% was not roleblocked", your behavior indicates that you
were claiming not to have been. Tuf is now confirmed so it seems obvious that he was telling the truth.

In light of this, and my prior analysis. VTL GP
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 12:13:44 PM
At 5/12/2012 12:01:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 5/12/2012 11:49:49 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
OK.

GP is redirector?

Has GP even claimed?

Yah I claimed right as soon as I replaced Zaradi, I came full clean with my role and everything the mod put in my role PM. I'll go back and look for it.

Which is another reason that you look suspicious. That is way out of character for you when you're town. Getting a claim out of you is like pulling teeth.