Jump to topic:

Frere Jacques Mafia FINAL DAY PHASE

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:35:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The monestary halls are empty, save for Frere Victor. There are many parallels between what has happened during the last week at the monestary and what had happened during The War. The War started when one group attacked another over belief; the monestary's war started when the heretics attacked Frere Jacques over belief. The War ended with desolation, and with the instigators dead; the same happened here. And in both cases, plenty of blood has been spilt.

It was eerily quiet. What once was a thriving monestary filled with happy, pious monks was now filled with silence and the occasional walk of a brother paranoid and disturbed. There is no turning back now, no reviving the bodies of the dead, no blessings. Both parties--Christian and Pagan--were battling over an uncertain future.

Frere Jacques would not be pleased.

THE DEAD:

Greyparrot2/Zaradi:
Bonjour, Fere Louis.

You are the leader and mastermind behind the conspiracy inside the monestary. You are also a kniving fiend. You are pround of both facts. Being a persuasive orator and smooth talker, visitors will be swayed by your logic (and lies) into visiting someone different. You are, therefore, the REDIRECTOR.

However, your use your embellished truths can get you into trouble. You can only redirect people onto another specific person ONCE and ONLY ONCE. (This does not mean, however, that you can use your power only once; it just means that if you choose to redirect onto person A, then you can redirect onto person B, just not onto person A again.)

THE LIVING:

8. Medic
13. Johnny
14. Thad (Replacing F-16)

With three alive, it takes two to lynch.

Vite! Vite!
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:37:53 PM
J-dawg visted me. Unless he found something, I stand by my earlier FOS of Medic. He was trying to give cult the win, when he was trying to convince us not to go for HCP.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:40:40 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:37:53 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
J-dawg visted me. Unless he found something, I stand by my earlier FOS of Medic. He was trying to give cult the win, when he was trying to convince us not to go for HCP.

And no one else visited you. What was medic's role again? And if he was hatted, would he have the ability to kill?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:42:10 PM
I had already responded to your FOS in the other thread but I'll post it here since I didn't know the dp would start this quick...

"I already addressed that and both of you guys have avoided that discussion for the most part. The only way there could have been another recruit is if Drafter was allowed to have his recruit go through on the night he died. Although it obviously happened, it's highly unusual and I never allow night actions to go through on the players that are killed. How was I suppose to know that USM would allow it?? I wanted to go after the mafia first because the mafia had the ability to kill and cult didn't, after Drafter died.

Also, I'm the one that pointed out that there was likely a cult member left after the story that ended last dp. It would be really stupid for me to point that out ahead of time if I were actually cult, and it implicated me."
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:44:17 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:42:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I had already responded to your FOS in the other thread but I'll post it here since I didn't know the dp would start this quick...

"I already addressed that and both of you guys have avoided that discussion for the most part. The only way there could have been another recruit is if Drafter was allowed to have his recruit go through on the night he died. Although it obviously happened, it's highly unusual and I never allow night actions to go through on the players that are killed. How was I suppose to know that USM would allow it?? I wanted to go after the mafia first because the mafia had the ability to kill and cult didn't, after Drafter died.

Also, I'm the one that pointed out that there was likely a cult member left after the story that ended last dp. It would be really stupid for me to point that out ahead of time if I were actually cult, and it implicated me."

We were going to go for mafia anyway that dp. Also thats WIFOM.
Also you supported a series of actions which would have given the win to cult. This is the most substantial piece of evidence we have.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:44:54 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:40:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/12/2012 1:37:53 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

And no one else visited you. What was medic's role again? And if he was hatted, would he have the ability to kill?

Cult rarely can kill. Its all down to the lynch.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:46:23 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:44:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Also you supported a series of actions which would have given the win to cult. This is the most substantial piece of evidence we have.

Hrmm. I'm the guy you two are going to have to convince. Convince me.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:47:48 PM
As I said, I wanted to go after mafia and save HCP for after we got the last mafia because he was pretty much harmless and couldn't kill, while the mafia could still kill if we left him alive.
It was an attempt to keep townies from being killed. I knew they wouldn't target me because they already knew that they couldn't kill me. So I guess trying to keep townies alive makes me look guilty??

I'm beginning to wonder if HCP wasn't telling the truth about his LD of you, thinking that we'd never beleive that he would implicate his teammate, and thus lynching Johnny.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:48:55 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:46:23 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

That's all there is to it. Had we done what said (let HCP live that dp despite knowing he was scum) would have resulted in us losing that np. That's pretty damning.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:50:26 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:47:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:
As I said, I wanted to go after mafia and save HCP for after we got the last mafia because he was pretty much harmless and couldn't kill, while the mafia could still kill if we left him alive.
It was an attempt to keep townies from being killed. I knew they wouldn't target me because they already knew that they couldn't kill me. So I guess trying to keep townies alive makes me look guilty??

I'm beginning to wonder if HCP wasn't telling the truth about his LD of you, thinking that we'd never beleive that he would implicate his teammate, and thus lynching Johnny.

More WIFOM. Generally speaking people manipulate towards the direction they want. Had I been cult, HCP wouldn't have gone after me as had anyone who wasn't cult been lynched that dp, we would have won.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:53:07 PM
Johnny you're not completely in the clear. You've been voting and giving your results, but that doesn't make you not cult. You've done very little in the way of scumhunting, just voting on the info provided by everyone else.

I've given three mafia, been the target of a mafia hit, and I hammered the cultist, without much of a fight. I'm not really sure how it is that I can prove myself a townie any more than that.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:56:24 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:48:55 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

That's all there is to it. Had we done what said (let HCP live that dp despite knowing he was scum) would have resulted in us losing that np. That's pretty damning.

You're avoiding my explanation, and in addition, why didn't you dispute my argument at the time, why wait until now. And yes I wanted to save a townies life, but I went ahead and hammered HCP anyway, so your only argument against me is very weak.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 1:58:55 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:56:24 PM, medic0506 wrote:

You're avoiding my explanation,
How? I'm just pointing out that just because you pointed out there is another cult does not make you in the clear.

and in addition, why didn't you dispute my argument at the time, why wait until now.

I didn't think there was another cult. Duh.

And yes I wanted to save a townies life, but I went ahead and hammered HCP anyway, so your only argument against me is very weak.

Yeah, you hammered him because his lynch was inevitable. Means nothing. You still advocated a course of action which would have resulted in cults immediate win.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:01:21 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:50:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

More WIFOM. Generally speaking people manipulate towards the direction they want. Had I been cult, HCP wouldn't have gone after me as had anyone who wasn't cult been lynched that dp, we would have won.

It's only wifom when it isn't true. I ask again why you didn't dispute my argument for keeping him alive, at the time I made it, and before I hammered him. Why just bring it up now, even though I eventually hammered him, and try to use it against me. If I needed so badly to manipulate, then why did I give in and hammer my teammate when I could have easily just have gone off line??
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:01:28 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:53:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Johnny you're not completely in the clear. You've been voting and giving your results, but that doesn't make you not cult. You've done very little in the way of scumhunting, just voting on the info provided by everyone else.

I've given three mafia, been the target of a mafia hit,

Means nothing against cult. Also I reckon I did more against Ober than you.

and I hammered the cultist, without much of a fight.

Actually you had already advocated several times in the dp letting him live... Which would have made cult win.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:03:57 PM
At 5/12/2012 2:01:21 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/12/2012 1:50:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

It's only wifom when it isn't true. I ask again why you didn't dispute my argument for keeping him alive, at the time I made it, and before I hammered him. Why just bring it up now, even though I eventually hammered him, and try to use it against me. If I needed so badly to manipulate, then why did I give in and hammer my teammate when I could have easily just have gone off line??

Already responded to this. I didn't think there was another cult. Thats how you got away with it muppet. Nobody thought there was another cult member. Hammering someone is the least important part of a lynch. It normally means they are dead either way.

Anyway, had enough of this; whilst I concede it is possible Johnny could be cult, you are a far more likely candidate and your responses have done nothing to convince me otherwise; VTL GP
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:06:45 PM
At 5/12/2012 1:58:55 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/12/2012 1:56:24 PM, medic0506 wrote:

You're avoiding my explanation,
How? I'm just pointing out that just because you pointed out there is another cult does not make you in the clear.

No it doesn't, but it's a peice of the puzzle. It would make no sense for cult to point out other cult, before it's necessary.

and in addition, why didn't you dispute my argument at the time, why wait until now.

I didn't think there was another cult. Duh.

Nor did I, but you're using my not knowing against me.

And yes I wanted to save a townies life, but I went ahead and hammered HCP anyway, so your only argument against me is very weak.

Yeah, you hammered him because his lynch was inevitable. Means nothing. You still advocated a course of action which would have resulted in cults immediate win.

I didn't think there was another cult. Duh...lol...See, we're in the same boat on this. You're saying that you were wrong about there being another cult, so why can't I be wrong too??
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:10:13 PM
At 5/12/2012 2:06:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I didn't think there was another cult. Duh...lol...See, we're in the same boat on this. You're saying that you were wrong about there being another cult, so why can't I be wrong too??

Same response to both points: Because I didn't advocate a position which, had people agreed with it, would have handed cult the win.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:10:52 PM
The fact you are still alive pretty much seals the deal. Were Johnny cult he would have been lurking for the moment some cast a vote to hammer.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:13:10 PM
Well you've staked your claim and dismiss every thing I say to WIFOM, so it's clear that you had your mind already made up and aren't going to change it. I know that you're a better townie than that so it only leaves one explanation for your obstinence.

VTL Thad

Well Johnny, the fate of the monastery is in your hands. If you're the cultist then it looks like you win.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:14:58 PM
At 5/12/2012 2:13:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Well you've staked your claim and dismiss every thing I say to WIFOM, so it's clear that you had your mind already made up and aren't going to change it. I know that you're a better townie than that so it only leaves one explanation for your obstinence.

LOL. The fact is you don't have anything of substance. The only thing of substance on the table at the moment is the simple fact that had we listened to you, the cult would have won.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:18:43 PM
And if I were cult with HCP, I would have known that advocating for keeping him around would be used against me in the end, thus wouldn't have done it. Your case against me is extremely weak. And I notice that you're avoiding the discussion about HCP's wifoming the LD result against you.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:21:58 PM
At 5/12/2012 2:19:57 PM, medic0506 wrote:
BTW Thad, maybe Johnny didn't hammer because you voted for a dead guy...lol

Christ. I don't know why I keep getting your and GP's names confused in my head.
VTL Medic
He'd have hammered me by now then.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:22:33 PM
At 5/12/2012 2:21:58 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/12/2012 2:19:57 PM, medic0506 wrote:
BTW Thad, maybe Johnny didn't hammer because you voted for a dead guy...lol

Christ. I don't know why I keep getting your and GP's names confused in my head.
VTL Medic
He'd have hammered me by now then.

GG medic lol.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 2:25:42 PM
At 5/12/2012 2:18:43 PM, medic0506 wrote:
And if I were cult with HCP, I would have known that advocating for keeping him around would be used against me in the end, thus wouldn't have done it.

Bollocks. Had we listened to you then, you'd have won. The deal was sweet enough for you to take that risk.

Your case against me is extremely weak. And I notice that you're avoiding the discussion about HCP's wifoming the LD result against you.

Because it is so stupid to not even bother considering. Option a) I could win this dp by not bussing my team mate, especially as there is a townie who is advocating ignoring the cult. Option b) I could draw it out much longer by getting my team mate to try to bus me and counter bus him...
Yeah thats really likely.