Frere Jacques ENDGAME!

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 5:10:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
STORY:

Frere Victor and Frere Benoit made a pact. Frere Sylvestre, the man who first discovered the body of Frere Jacques in his bed with the song which is not his namesake etched into his back, who led the monestary in finding the heretics and ousting them, was going to be thrown out into the rabid wilderness outside the walls.

They went up to Sylvestre, a big burly man that the description of "gentle giant" fit nicely. Victor and Benoit confronted him on being a pagan. Sylvestre denied it. He denied it as Victor and Benoit grabbed him. He denied it as they were dragging him away. He denied it as they opened the gate. He denied it as they threw him out.

One last time, the normally calm Sylvestre pleaded with Victor to let him be, let him back into the monestary. He wasn't a pagan. Throw Benoit out, he said, he's the real pagan. Victor hesitated. Was he really throwing one of the leading members of the monestary out? Was he throwing out the man who led them through these tough times? Was he?

He was. He threw the gate shut and locked it.

As they walked away, Sylvestre cursed them. Jacques would never do something like THIS, he argued. Never in a million years. But Victor and Benoit, who were incidentally going to Jacques' grave, didn't listen to him. They would try to start their life over, make a more peaceful, pious society. Immune to the likes of those who wanted to corrupt it.

They never did.

TOWN WINS!

First place:
Alive townies:
Johnnyboy
Thad

Second Place
Cult:
Drafterman
HCP
Medic

Dead townies:
TUF1
Acro/Viper2
Buddah
Grayparrot
WriterDave
Vmpire321/TUF2
Viper1

Third Place:
Mafia:
Zaradi/Grey2
OberHerr
Airmax

ROLES:

Mafia:
Zaradi/Grey2:
Bonjour, Fere Louis.

You are the leader and mastermind behind the conspiracy inside the monestary. You are also a kniving fiend. You are pround of both facts. Being a persuasive orator and smooth talker, visitors will be swayed by your logic (and lies) into visiting someone different. You are, therefore, the REDIRECTOR.

However, your use your embellished truths can get you into trouble. You can only redirect people onto another specific person ONCE and ONLY ONCE. (This does not mean, however, that you can use your power only once; it just means that if you choose to redirect onto person A, then you can redirect onto person B, just not onto person A again.)

You win with the mafia.

OberHerr:
Bonjour, Fere Alexandre.

You are the monestary's DOCTOR, and you are renown for your healing hands. However, due to the declining stores of pharmacuticals, your ability is reduced to a ONE-SHOT; you can only save one person's life ONCE and ONLY ONCE.

However, this did not stop you from being what the others call a "Heretic." You are aligned with the maifa. In addition, because you are the doc, noone will really suspect you if you traverse the halls of the monestary. You are the NINJA on NP1 and every even night onwards.

You win with the mafia.

[NOTE: NOT NINJA FROM NP4 ON]

Airmax:
Bonjour, Fere Leonard

You are possibly the strongest man in the monestary. You are responsible if something heavy needs moving. You can also hurl things over the wall of the monestary. That includes people. You are the ONE SHOT PARANOID GUN OWNER and the JANITOR. You kill the first person that visits you, and that person is hurled over the wall, never to be seen again. You are part of the conspiracy to overthrow the establishment at the monestary.

You win with the mafia.

Town:
TUF:
Bonjour, Fere Jules.

You are the most senior member of the monestary, other than the beloved Fere Jacques. People often tell you their secrets. You are, therefore, the LIE DETECTOR. You win with the town.

Acronyms/Viper2:
Bonjour, Fere Micheal

You are the Jailor. You choose one person each night, and that person will be protected from night kills. However, that person will be role-blocked as well. You win with the town.

[NOTE: NIEVE ON ODD NIGHT PHASES]
[NOTE: THE ROLE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON EVEN NIGHT PHASES, BUT I ACCIDENTALLY LET ROLES GO ON NP1. MY BAD.]

Johnnyboy:
Bonjour, Fere Victor.

You are a WATCHER. You can pick one person, and the identities of any person who visits them will be divulged to you. You win with the town.

F-16/Thad:
Bonjour, Fere Benoit.

You are the TRACKER. You pick one person, and every person that that person visited will be divulged to you. You win with the town.

Buddah:
Bonjour, Fere Xavier.

You are the Mason. Each night, you can select one person, and that person will be in a Mason PM with you and other Mason PM'ers. Howwever, the masons are only limited to you and three other people.

You win with the town.

[NOTE: NIEVE. CAN RECRUIT MAFIA]

Grey1:
Bonjour, Fere Guy.

You are the Bomb. If a person selects to kill you, you kill them. And if you are lynched, the person who hammered you will be killed, along with you.

WriterDave:
Bonjour, Fere Jean.

You are the ONE SHOT ROLE COP. ONCE, and ONLY ONCE, during a Night Phase, you can select one person. That person's role, but not their role PM or affiliation, will be given to you.

You win with the town.

Vmpire/TUF2:
Bonjour, Fere Cezanne.

Like your namesake, you like painting. You can use this painting to your advantage. You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Every NP, you can select one person and they will be asked if they want to be painted. If they say yes, then they will be roleblocked.

You win with the town.

Viper1:
Bonjour, Fere Olivier.

You are a vanilla. You have no special powers.

You win with the town.

[NOTE: NIEVE OVEREAGER MILLER]

Cult/Hatters
Drafterman:
Bonjour, Fere Andre.

You, on the surface, are an honest and devout Christian. However, you have a diffent, pagan, agenda. You use your persuasion and intimidation skills to your advantage. You are the HATTER. You have three hats. Each night, you can give one hat to a person. This counts as a visit. Once hatted, you can direct that person's actions onto someone else. In addition, everyone who is hatted is introduced into a PM with you and the other people who are hatted. Anyone who is hatted will win with you and the hatted. However, the hatted will only number three at a time. Finally, you have a one-shot kill.

You win with yourself and the hatted.

HCP:
Bonjour, Fere Pierre.

You are the JACK OF ALL TRADES. You have a variety of roles at your disposal, all one-shot.

Doc
Track
Watch
Lie-Detect
Vigilante

However, you must use your roles in that order.

You win with the town.

[RECRUITED NP1]

Medic:
Bonjour, Fere Sylvestre

You have a deep and intamate relationship with the monestary. You know it's secrets better than everyone else. You use this to your advantage. You are the BODYGAURD. You choose one person every night and they are protected. In addition, you are a ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF. You can withstand one attempt on your, or the person you are protecting, life. Also, you cannot be watched or tracked. This all relies on your secrecy. This means that if you say your true role, your role is instantly taken away from you, making you a vanilla.

You win with the town.
[RECRUITED NP2]

Night actions and analysis coming later.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 5:15:52 PM
Good game guys.
Fun Game USM.
Nicely played town.

Mafia had a shot.. but made a couple mistakes. Oh well, I'll get you all next time ;)
Debate.org Moderator
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 5:53:27 PM
Oh, Vmpire/TUF2 WAS NIEVE ALSO. COULD NOT ROLEBLOCK.

NIGHT ACTIONS:
Mafia:
NP1:
Kill TUF
Redirect onto TUF
Janitor/PGO is automatically spent on Buddah.

NP2:
Kill Drafterman
Redirect onto Johnny

NP3:
Kill Medic
Redirect onto Grey1

NP4:
Kill Grey1
Redirect onto Johnny (doesn't go)

NP5:
Kill TUF2

Town
NP1
TUF1 LD's Viper's vanilla claim true
Medic gaurds WriterDave
Acro jails Drafterman
Johnny watches HCP: Drafter visits him.
F-16 tracks nobody [inactive]
Buddah recruits Airmax, PGO'd
HCP doc's Drafter
WriterDave passes on his role-cop
Vmpire chooses WriterDave

NP2
Acro Jails HCP
Johnnyboy watches Acro
F-16 tracks Grey
Vmpire passes [inactivity]
WriterDave investigates HCP

NP3
Johnnyboy watches Grey1
F-16, replaced by Thad, tracks Johnny
Vmpire, replaced by TUF2, roll-blocks Zaradi

NP4:
Johnnyboy watches Thad
Thad tracks Zaradi

NP5:
Johnnyboy watches Thad
Thad tracks Medic

NP6:
Johnnyboy watches Thad
Thad tracks Johnny

Cult
NP1:
Drafterman recruits HCP

NP2:
Drafterman recruits Medic, kills WriterDave
HCP tracks Zaradi, role blocked
Medic gaurds F-16

NP3:
HCP tracks Thad
Medic protects HCP

NP4:
HCP watches Thad
Medic protects nobody

NP5:
Medic protects nobody

NP6:
Medic protects nobody
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 6:20:40 PM
ANALYSIS:

Great game, guys. I didn't know that this game would go to freaking day phase SEVEN! I mean, OMFG that's practically the dream with a game as small as this.

However, despite the fact that the game was won by two players, and the rest were buried six feet under, I think that the town was more powerful than the mafia. Sure, I lowballed both sides by stripping town of cop and stripping mafia of investigative roles, but despite the fact that town played pretty badly in the first few day phases (mainly due to inactivity), the town came back and won.

However, like Airmax said before, the mafia weren't without error. They tried to kill Medic and the killed the Grey, who was bomb. Being led by Medic in the final few days, I was sure of a Cult/Hatter victory. Unfortunately for Medic, during the end of DP6, Thad FOS'd Medic and continued the FOS throughout the next DP, leading to the lynching of Medic.

I think that the story revealed a lot of information, much of it used wrongly. The first example of this is the DP2 OP, where I told everyone that F-16 was sleeping while everyone was mourning the loss of the mafia kill. I was pointing out to F-16 that he was being inactive, but later, Medic used that info to say that F-16/Thad was anti-town. Also, the DP6 ending post made Medic say, and I quote, "OMG...I really hope no one reads that story because you just pretty much gave me away." However, I think that the story was pretty good, despite of it's flaws.

I think that everyone played well, not great, but well. It was a hard-fought affair, but with large amounts of inactivity.

AWARDS:

MVP: MEDIC
Okay, he didn't win. But he was the primary reason why the cult/hatters went as far as they did and he put suspicion ALL the mafia IN ONE FREAKING POST. He played pretty much excellently, except the part where he defended his fellow cultist.

MR. CLUTCH: THAD
Saved town from Medic's grasp in the final stages of the game. He wasn't a major factor in the rest of the game (actually being a drunk troll in the beginning), so I award him this.

HONORABLE MENTION: GREY1x
He made the game much more enjoyable and he also lay suspicion on Medic. It also didn't hurt that he used the bomb ability to full effect. However, he was erratic, and was eventually killed.

BEST MAFIA: AIRMAX
I would argue that the mafia was driven by him. He was the lead mafioso, and helped the mafia cruze through the first few day phases. However, he acted rashly in the middle stages of the game, which cost the mafia dearly.

I thank everybody for playing and making this a fun game and modding experience. I urge you to evaluate and criticize this game, because not only would that make me happy, it would help me make better games for the future.

Au Revoir.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 8:17:09 PM
Congratulations to the town on a great win. I guess you just can't defeat the Christians...lol

Wow USM, you really surprised me with this game. When I signed up I was thinking the theme would be pretty silly, but you did a great job of adapting the theme into an awesome mafia game. I have to say that this ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. I can't compliment you enough on that.

The players did a good job and it was alot of fun. I think the mafia gave themselves away though with inactivity, some inactivity is strategic, but too much and it becomes obvious especially with players who are posting in other threads. Aside from getting blown up by Gray, the other problem was that you bought my bulletproof claim and didn't target me anymore. I was only one-shot bulletproof. Of course killing me would have helped the town more than you guys though.

Thad did a very good job, as did Johnny of not buying my excuses for why I protected HCP. It was pretty obvious in the end but I tried my best to talk my way out of it. Great job of not getting distracted by the WIFOM, and focusing on the really important facts. Thad has always been a very good player so I wasn't surprised when I couldn't convince him, but I was impressed by Johnny, though I'd like to see him be a little more active.

Gray was right on numerous occassions, before he died. Gray I don't think you get enough credit for how good your intuition is in mafia games. It bugs me sometimes because your playstyle makes me suspect you all the time, but you end up being right. Once you took over for Zaradi though, and then Tuf died, it was obvious that you were mafia just by process of elimination, nothing you could really do about that. It was very fun getting to play an entire game with you, both of us making it late into the game. I hope you play more often, I really like playing with you.

All in all it was an awesomely fun game, in spite of losing. Thanks to everyone for playing, and to USM for the design. Great Job!!!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2012 11:33:00 PM
Great game guys. I loved the theme USM. Very original and I liked the stories being told.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 12:13:22 AM
So if Acro jailed Drafterman, then how did he recruit HCP? Does being naive mean that his jailer action did not go through?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 12:42:40 AM
At 5/13/2012 12:13:22 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
So if Acro jailed Drafterman, then how did he recruit HCP? Does being naive mean that his jailer action did not go through?

I think it means he was either a) not protected or roleblocked, or b) only protected, and not roleblocked (so, essentially, just a doctor).
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 1:53:40 AM
I especially like the part where I inherited the last dying mafia role and asked Medic if he was worried that cult was going to win... then said I don't care if you are cult Medic, I just want you to win :D
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 2:02:31 AM
lol @ my parting words to Medic!

What makes you so sure we are not at mylo for cult? I've been in plenty of games where we killed the last mafia and then immediately lost to 3 cult the next day, maybe you got recruited medic, but I guess itt'le be a win for you as cult then so I won't mind.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 8:45:30 AM

Acro was nieve that night...Acro protected Drafterman but didn't RB him.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 3:40:08 PM
Why didn't TUF clear my name on DP2?!?! He knew I was telling the truth but let others lynch me. Medic did a great job. It was pretty nice that I called out scum. The only person I got wrong as anti-town was JohnnyBoy and the only person I didn't call out as anti-town was Airmax and Drafter. I called out Medic, Zaradi, OberHerr, and HCP as anti-town. Well, I neeed to be way more convincing. Since I essentially had the right tells but I was unable to convince people. Good game to all.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2012 7:51:26 PM
At 5/13/2012 8:45:30 AM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Acro was nieve that night...Acro protected Drafterman but didn't RB him.

Oh. Okay I get it now. I thought only investigative roles could be flavored like that. I'll have to remember that for future games.