TV 5 Mafia - ENDGAME

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:50:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[[ Winner ]]

Lordknukle: You are MAN VS. WILD, the Bulletproof Survivor. Your show is about a man who documents his efforts to survive and find a way back to civilization after being stranded in some remote area, and battling through various difficult terrains. Your ability to tough it out means nobody can kill you during the night phase. However, you don't care about any other objective in this game but your own, and therefore you are a third party player who wins with yourself if you remain alive at the end of the game.

[[ Second Place ]]

Royal: You are UNDERCOVER BOSS, the Usurper. Your show is about the real CEO of some business going undercover and hiding amongst the ranks of the company's minions in order to determine the truth about their employees' working conditions. While the premise of the show is well-intentioned, I don't buy for a second that the rich guys at the top maintain that "I actually care about the workers" attitude. They put on a show for the cameras and then it's back to business as usual with no substantial changes or improvements. As such, you're kind of a fvck and thus guilty. However your ability to blend right in means anything you do during the night may be undetectable to certain night actions (i.e., trackers). In addition, while you win with the mafia, you have the opportunity to win 1st place above them if the mafia wins AND the Godfather is dead. Usurping the GF is your main objective; however, keep in mind that you may need to keep him alive in order to ensure outnumbering the townies, so some strategic play will be in order. Upon the GF's death, the CEO in you will come out and you'll take over his powers. However you'll lose your own of going undetected throughout the night. You win with the mafia.

[[ Third Place ]]

MAFIA

Mestari 2, Thaddeus, Buddamoose and

F-16: You are TODDLERS IN TIARAS, the Beloved Princess. Your show is about a bunch of pageant moms and their unfortunate daughters who become obsessed with winning the crown, and will go to crazy extremes in order to do so. Like the typical Beloved Princess role, the town will forfeit a day phase if they lynch you. However, the mafia will suffer no consequences if you die during the night. You win with the mafia.

bluesteel 2: You are THE MAURY SHOW, the Hated Townie. Sure your show attracts really crummy people to be guests that are subsequently berated for their despicable actions, and whose bleak misfortunes provide entertainment for all. However you cannot deny the positive thing that Maury does for broken families everywhere: helping bastard children and their slutty moms at least know the truth about who the fathers are. While many people might consider you trashy, you do influence some good in the world. You are a good guy but not highly revered in pop culture. As the Hated Townie, it will require 1 less vote than necessary to lynch you. You win with the town ----> Converted to Mafia NP4

[[ Fourth Place ]]

OberHerr: You are Law and Order: Criminal Intent, the Cop. Your show is about 2 main cops who try to figure out if potential suspects are guilty or not. The main character (played by the annoying Vincent D'Onofrio) is a particularly good human lie detector. As such, each night you will be able to investigate someone and find out if their alignment is town (Innocent) or non-town (Guilty). You win with the town.

And...

bluesteel 1: Kathy - Loudmouth
Mestari 1: Criminal Minds - Show Cop
drafterman: TMNT - Vigilante
UnStupendousMan: What Would You Do - Watcher
TUF: Long Island Medium - Oracle
Zaradi: America's Most Wanted - Tracker

[[ Last Place ]]

tulle: The 700 Club - Cult Recruiter
tvellalott: Sister Wives - Mason Recruiter
Airmax: Punk'd - Miller
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:52:23 PM
If anyone would like to see a list of night actions for each night, let me know.

A few things...

1. WHY THE FVCK CAN'T PEOPLE FOLLOW BASIC RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS? Not only is it really annoying, but it can interfere with the game. The reason I don't allow direct c/p's is because it gives the town an unfair advantage insofar as seemingly proving their affiliation by having other townies recognize patterns specific to townie Role PM's. I know not every mod cares about this, and to be honest it wasn't TOO important in this game (because I constructed the PMs similarly), but it's really not cool to just blatantly ignore the rules as a few of you did. It also interferes with the game to continue posting after the dp ends. The whole point of the dp being closed is so that people utilize their night actions according to what was said in the dp - not after. I don't want any external psychology use in my game, hence the rule... so the fact that this was so blatantly ignored several times is frustrating to say the least. It doesn't matter if you agree with the rules but you still have to follow them. /rant

2. It was clear a lot of people weren't paying attention... either that or people just made stupid mistakes. For instance, tulle attempted to recruit F-16 to the cult and tvellalott tried to recruit F-16 to the masons on the same night. I have no idea why. As a result they both died. I would have expected Airmax to use this info to his advantage, such as pressuring for a lynch or at LEAST character/role claim from F-16 in the dp, but he chose not to.

3. Budda lawyere'd TUF the same night the mafia chose to kill TUF. What was the point of that? Again I guess people weren't paying attention... or something. Simple observation. I also started the mafia off with one hint that I didn't recycle any shows from my previous 4 TV games, which turned out to be wrong lol (America's Most Wanted - tracker) though I admitted that mistake in the Mafia PM. The mafia could have won if they went after Lord in the DP considering he claimed House - a show I used in a previous game (and the mafia knew that).

4. The mafia also bussed western for no reason...? I guess it gave them some cred, but if I were mafia the last person I would want to bus would be the RB.

5. I thought tulle was smart to recruit Airmax NP1 and the mafia smart to recruit bluesteel on NP4.

6. On that note, I realize that I may have over-powered the mafia. I don't think this would have necessarily been the case had I started with 5 mafia rather than 6. That is probably the one thing I'd change considering I think things would have gone a lot differently had the Watcher not outed himself. Perhaps instead of a 6th mafioso I should have given the townies another person with a role (townie role blocker or body guard would have been good). I'm sorry about that. I'm kind of known for being SLIGHTLY mafia-friendly just because I think they have a harder time winning. I'll be more careful next time, but I do think a lot of townie mistakes led to their own demise. In addition to USM outing probably the most important townie role, the vig killed bluesteel for no reason on NP1, and a few other mistakes.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:56:37 PM
Oh nevermind... Royal doesn't win 2nd place because the mafia lost. So she wins second place with the mafia (and so on).

Lord won because he was still alive on DP6 when the game ended due to mafia majority.
President of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 3:58:01 PM
Good game guys..

Fun game Danielle..

I actually did try to lead a lynch on F-16 DP5, but I logged on just a little bit too late. By the time I was going to make my case, the mislynch had just happened. The mafia clearly realized this and NK'd me that NP.

Anyways, good game LK, and mafia.
Debate.org Moderator
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:01:03 PM
Good game.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:01:28 PM
At 5/21/2012 3:58:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Good game guys..

Fun game Danielle..

I actually did try to lead a lynch on F-16 DP5, but I logged on just a little bit too late. By the time I was going to make my case, the mislynch had just happened. The mafia clearly realized this and NK'd me that NP.

We NK'd you because had LK been the doctor he wouldn't have protected you. It had nothing to do with you trying to lynch F-16.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:01:48 PM
(Btw Lord appeared guilty to alignment investigations.)

Aside from over-powering the mafia with an extra player, were there any other mistakes on my end? I won't be offended.
President of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:02:54 PM
This was a fun game. Very enjoyable. As mafia, we were pretty powerful which made it really fun. I think Danielle might have put in the usurper to weaken the mafia but since the usurper claimed right away, it put us in a more powerful position overall. If the usurper conceals themselves well, they can wreak havoc even if only alive for a couple of NPs.

I wouldn't say we "lost" though since we still beat town although we could have done better latching onto the fact that LK claimed House.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:03:20 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:01:28 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 5/21/2012 3:58:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Good game guys..

Fun game Danielle..

We NK'd you because had LK been the doctor he wouldn't have protected you. It had nothing to do with you trying to lynch F-16.

Oh, I guess that makes more sense.. Either way I wish I had taken the chance on F-16 earlier.. and then gone after Royal like I had planned.. I delayed it far too much.. Lesson learned
Debate.org Moderator
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:04:51 PM
By the way, I was going to claim house but right before I posted, LK claimed. I also did not know what shows were in Danielle's last game. :(
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:05:28 PM
Airmax, I was the beloved princess. Town loses a DP if I am lynched. If you had gotten me lynched, mafia would still have won which is quite funny.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:06:39 PM
Good game. I knew that your extreme want of lynching me was scummy. But I played poorly, as well. I posted in the Announcements PM when I thought that I was posting in my role PM (to put my ideas somewhere). I didn't pay much attention for the rest of the game after I died, but it seemed like Royal just kept posting and posting and posting.

Good job, LK for survivor win, BTW.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:08:17 PM
I think it was probably bad that if LK claimed honestly, there was only person in the game who could find out he was the survivor.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:08:55 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:05:28 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Airmax, I was the beloved princess. Town loses a DP if I am lynched. If you had gotten me lynched, mafia would still have won which is quite funny.

Yeah it wouldn't have worked out anyway. As a Miller recruited to the cult and then a single person cult on the last two Dp's my chances were not good.. But I still didn't act when I should have.. I went after LK, on the first DP after Tulle as killed, but couldn't follow it up with anything, and then couldn't FOS you and Royal in time..

Even if those were the right calls, I didn't play particularly well.

But good game anyway..

Very fun game Danielle.
Debate.org Moderator
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:10:17 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:08:17 PM, Mestari wrote:
I think it was probably bad that if LK claimed honestly, there was only person in the game who could find out he was the survivor.

There was a character cop + affiliation cop+ oracle. As well, it's pretty obvious that Man V. Wild is survivor.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:11:38 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:10:17 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/21/2012 4:08:17 PM, Mestari wrote:

There was a character cop + affiliation cop+ oracle. As well, it's pretty obvious that Man V. Wild is survivor.

I forgot about the oracles, but you could have easily claimed bulletproof with MvW and the character cop wouldn't matter. Nonetheless, GG. The more I play with TPs the less I like them.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:12:07 PM
Yeah, I will say the Mafia were pretty OP.

And, was I the LAST Town?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:17:59 PM
I will say one thing though Danielle, and that this was a very cool game. Well thought out.

Just remember, when in doubt, always go for a slightly under powered Mafia. They win a TON on this site, and I'm not entirely sure what that stems from, but I would say the Mafia have it a lot easier than the Town.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:21:31 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:19:58 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Did we make a smart move recruiting Bluesteel though? The game would have ended much earlier if we had just recruited Ober or LordKnukle.

I dunno. You won anyways, so like it matters.

Though, why didn't you recruit me or LK? I was confirmed basically, and there was no chance I would be caught basically. LK would have just been useful.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:23:59 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:21:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/21/2012 4:19:58 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Did we make a smart move recruiting Bluesteel though? The game would have ended much earlier if we had just recruited Ober or LordKnukle.

I dunno. You won anyways, so like it matters.

Though, why didn't you recruit me or LK? I was confirmed basically, and there was no chance I would be caught basically. LK would have just been useful.

Once town saw Thad's role PM, they would have figured out that he killed himself to recruit a townie. If I were town, the most likely person that I would suspect to be a recruit was you - precisely because you were confirmed. No one would suspect that we recruited a hated townie. We had to be pretty stupid to do it - and I am wondering whether we were in fact stupid :P
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:25:52 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:11:38 PM, Mestari wrote:
The more I play with TPs the less I like them.

Same. I usually don't have 3P's in my game - especially because it's really hard for them to win. Yes LK could have claimed Bulletproof, but BP claims are often considered scummy and lynched. He also appeared guilty to alignment investigations, and don't forget that both the mason recruiter and cult recruiter would have died in attempting to recruit him (so that would have indicated his guilt as well).
President of DDO
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:28:29 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:25:52 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 5/21/2012 4:11:38 PM, Mestari wrote:
The more I play with TPs the less I like them.

Same. I usually don't have 3P's in my game - especially because it's really hard for them to win. Yes LK could have claimed Bulletproof, but BP claims are often considered scummy and lynched. He also appeared guilty to alignment investigations, and don't forget that both the mason recruiter and cult recruiter would have died in attempting to recruit him (so that would have indicated his guilt as well).

That's true. Jester is a joke of a role, and survivor seems to be luck based. Just go into a self-induced coma and pray the game ends before you are investigated. I'm starting to think SK is the only one worth using (along with cult of course), which says a lot coming from me - somebody who doesn't policy lynch third parties.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:30:31 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:28:29 PM, Mestari wrote:
Just go into a self-induced coma and pray the game ends before you are investigated.

This x 1000000000.

I would be investigated guilty until DP 5, so I was sort of lurking towards the end, hoping not to attract any attention to myself.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:32:10 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:30:31 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/21/2012 4:28:29 PM, Mestari wrote:
Just go into a self-induced coma and pray the game ends before you are investigated.

This x 1000000000.

I would be investigated guilty until DP 5, so I was sort of lurking towards the end, hoping not to attract any attention to myself.

Oh you were close bucko. Lucky for you, I ad better targets......so close though.

I got you, and then we lost....

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 4:55:54 PM
At 5/21/2012 4:08:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
I called 3 out of 3 mafia.

Too bad you didn't want to kill them instead of townies.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)