Jump to topic:

Keep It Moving...

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:16:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The mod list used to be divided between big vs. small games (which maxed out at 14 players). Now games are starting with 20+ people so I think mods need to make an effort to keep their games moving. Ignatious Creek Mafia started on 4/22 (1 month + 3 days ago) and has half the players still living... wut? My game started on 5/15 and ended six days later on 5/21. What gives? At this rate I'll be 30 the next time I get to host a game (and I wanna try out a concept :P ).

I think instead of "Announcements" threads mods will have a better chance at getting a faster response if they send out individual PMs reminding people to submit their night actions. I think I'll be doing this in the future; it prevents people from submitting info in the wrong thread as well. I also think the mods should keep a list of replacements handy (probably dead townies - they're more likely to keep up with the game) in mind since a lot of people tend to go inactive. Another suggestion would be to implement day phase time limits - perhaps 3 days max. Any other suggestions?
President of DDO
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:18:51 PM
At 5/25/2012 12:16:25 PM, Danielle wrote:
The mod list used to be divided between big vs. small games (which maxed out at 14 players). Now games are starting with 20+ people so I think mods need to make an effort to keep their games moving. Ignatious Creek Mafia started on 4/22 (1 month + 3 days ago) and has half the players still living... wut? My game started on 5/15 and ended six days later on 5/21. What gives? At this rate I'll be 30 the next time I get to host a game (and I wanna try out a concept :P ).

I think instead of "Announcements" threads mods will have a better chance at getting a faster response if they send out individual PMs reminding people to submit their night actions. I think I'll be doing this in the future; it prevents people from submitting info in the wrong thread as well. I also think the mods should keep a list of replacements handy (probably dead townies - they're more likely to keep up with the game) in mind since a lot of people tend to go inactive. Another suggestion would be to implement day phase time limits - perhaps 3 days max. Any other suggestions?

I generally post the reminder in the Announcements PM and then PM players the next day if I do not have their Night Actions. It cuts down on the work that I have to do as a mod and also gives people time ot think.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:20:45 PM
24 hour time limit on NP's. If they aren't sent in by that time, waive 'em. Let the players no before the game that slowness won't be tolerated. At least, thats the approach I'm going to take.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:21:04 PM
At 5/25/2012 12:20:45 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
24 hour time limit on NP's. If they aren't sent in by that time, waive 'em. Let the players know before the game that slowness won't be tolerated. At least, thats the approach I'm going to take.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:22:53 PM
24 hour time limit on NP's. If they aren't sent in by that time, waive 'em. Let the players no before the game that slowness won't be tolerated. At least, thats the approach I'm going to take.

I wanted to do that for my wal-mart game, but decided people would send in night actions. I did that for DBZ though and it seemed to work out
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 12:23:45 PM
At 5/25/2012 12:19:06 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/25/2012 12:18:43 PM, TUF wrote:
Mafia definitely has slowed down lately...

This. :(
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 6:06:31 PM
it has to do with the mod. relatively inactive players, like thadd, make inactive mods.

but i can relate danielle - my game also moved (and ended) ridiculously fast
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 6:10:11 PM

I agree with this, 24 hours is enough for a night phase, any longer than that and it seems like it gets more difficult to retain focus on a game, in addition to adding to the time it takes to complete a game.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 6:12:27 PM
With the influx of new members, there is plenty more demand for playing.

All we need to do let more people mod at a time.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:39:17 PM
*Cue Quickfire games*
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats