Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Most Memorable (Personal) Mafia Moments:

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 7:40:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In (mostly) Chronological Order:

1. Dexter Mafia (blusteel mod)
The last night I was alive, I use my poli power on the remaining mafioso, allowing medic to come in and hammer:
http://www.debate.org...

2. Classic Mafia (Danielle mod)
As a survivor, caught between Cult, Mafia, and Town, I decide to take matters into my own hands and end the game:
http://www.debate.org...

3. Beginner 3.2 (NASCAR, medic mod)
Blackvoid and jm pull out all the stops to get my lynched at MYLO, and succeed. Helped by LK lying about his cop results.
http://www.debate.org...

4. HvV: Movies (tv mod)
With Blackvoid dead NP1, and blackhawk inactive, I was basically by myself as mafia, doing my best to orchestrate a win. HPG replaces blackhawk and immediately tries to bus me. My reaction in the Mafia PM was... heated.

HPG:

What part of:
"Torres was directed to roleblock you..."
"Tomorro is key. If we survive tomorrow, the game is in the bag."
"I'd honestly play it low key next day phase."

Did you not understand?

You were supposed to lay low and avoid suspicion, NOT come out with this OBVIOUSLY fake tracking results. You do realize that you're not just incriminating Grey (who has been friendly with us, like I said, and like BV said not to), but Torres, who is all but confirmed as a townie? Even Medic, who isn't a part of this PM, but knows that you're mafia, isn't buying it.

No one is going to buy this. Torres will vote against you, Blue will vote against you, Grey will vote against you. And now, because you decided to incriminate me, I have to vote against you. We could have pulled this off with a mislynch, but I can't even reliably argue for one because YOU DECIDED TO INCRIMINATE ME.

Yes, we talked about bussing, but I thought it'd be clear that bussing is a last resort kind of thing. The ONLY mafia killed was BV due to the bomb. We have successfully avoided town pressure and, until now, were set up to win. Bussing is only a measure when the sh*t hits the fan. Well, my friend, you just picked up a giant glob of doo doo and flung it. Why? WHY? WHY?!?!

Do you know why I've been successful in this game? Because I let the town come to it's own conclusions. DP1 was no lynch, as per SOP. DP2 was no lynch, because they couldn't get their act together, but they also had nothing to go on. What did I do? I watched. I watched and read the cues so I could play off of them. I set the stage for DP3. In DP3, at no point did I accuse Danielle, though she was my target. I confirmed Grey as town and let the town do the rest. I jumped on the Bandwagon well after it had gained momentum and, even then, I never really accused Danielle of being mafia, just that there was nothing that confirmed her as town. In the end, everything I said (outside of my claim) was the truth and, since I never accused her of being mafia, the fact that she flipped town doesn't trace back to me.

Yes, we can potentially still win, even going into DP5 at 4/2. I didn't want to do that because now I have to work from scratch. I agonized for hours the actions I needed to take last NP to make this phase work, and you f*cking kicked it over like a toddler faced with a tower of Jenga blocks. I wasn't going to lead the lynch on blue, but I wanted him to take the heat. I wanted the town to wake up this morning, wipe their sweepy eyes and ... MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS. To see that, last phase, Spritle targeted blue and then Spritle die, and put two and two together. It's like f*cking Inception man, they have to come up with the idea themselves for it to be believable. We didn't actually have to lynch blue today. It would have been nice, even if risky. But blue taking heat was ideal because it all makes sense: his only threat is Logic, who he personally directed to kill socialpinko, a townie.

Now, you wanted me to sit back and wait and hammer (WTF, I told YOU to sit back and hammer if need be). Now, you've only played with me once, but no one is going to f*cking buy that. I'm super active and aggressive. If I suddenly am MIA, people are going to smell a f*cking rat. I have to participate especially you're plan has a negative chance of working.


5. Inheritance Mafia (blackhawk mod)
As Doc I stop the night kill for a good 2-3 nights in a row.

6. Christianity: A Crack in Time (Marauder mod)
As cop I get two guilties in a row (NP1 & NP2) and release both on DP3:
http://www.debate.org...

7. Death Note Mafia (Blackvoid mod)
I get FOS'd and am not online to answer the pressure. So Spinko uses his triple voting power to hammer me out of existence.
http://www.debate.org...

8. Solar System mafia (Ore mod)
As mafia godfather, I fake-claim miller, and get CCed.
http://www.debate.org...

9. Brawl mafia (royal mod)
LDF slips big time, but then so do F-16 and Zaradi while coming to her defense. I out them all as mafia.
http://www.debate.org...

10. HvV: Comics (tv mod)
Joint serial killer win. My only 3rd party win.
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:09:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know specifically too many of them, but my personal favorite was in Marc's DDO Members game, when my fake-claim of Deputy managed to fool the whole Masons PM, and my "accidental" VTL on GP, that made medic die.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 9:19:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So far I'd say there has been a few:

1) Beginner 7.4

http://www.debate.org...

First game playing and in the second to last round I catch LK in a lie, sadly it was too late to prevent 16k from being lynched. Overall I was ecstatic to win the first game I played in.

2) Beginner 8.1

http://www.debate.org...

Zaradi leads a perfect mislynched after I am bussed only to have Kyro pull off one of the most epic doc's I've seen yet. Overall a great game, even despite losing.

3) Beginners 8.2

http://www.debate.org...

As mafia IFLY, Vmpire, and I had played exactly as we needed to to win. The only problem, IFLY was offline and town was now one vote away from hammering, Kyro's. Insert 30 minutes of completely freakin out in the mafia PM as we were all screaming for IFLY to suicide someone for the win. Thankfully Kyro hesitated on the hammer for a LOOOONG time, giving IFLY enough time to submit his suicide. An epic and stressful finish to a well-played game.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 10:25:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Drafter, WHY did you claim miller as godfather? Lol and I read the Brawl Mafia DP, it was hilarious.

For me, my most memorable mafia moments are:

Mafia win in The Wire (bluesteel mod) by NP3.
Oreele's Alcohol Mafia when people abandoned all logic and refused to believe lovelife was the mafia mason recruiter.
yang.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 10:29:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
One of my most memorable moments was being part of the cult, in the first cult win on DDO. That happened in Ore_Ele's Drugged Out Mafia. Cult was LDF (recruiter), Falcon, Blackhawk, and myself.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 10:35:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/30/2012 10:25:33 AM, tulle wrote:
Drafter, WHY did you claim miller as godfather?

Well, millers had been on the decline lately, so I thought I could leverage the fact that being an unCCd miller on DP1 is basically confirmation as a townie. If I were investigated, that would portrary cops as being flavored, hampering town.

Didn't work, obviously. Thankfully, Blackvoid was on the team as we still won.

Lol and I read the Brawl Mafia DP, it was hilarious.

For me, my most memorable mafia moments are:

Mafia win in The Wire (bluesteel mod) by NP3.
Oreele's Alcohol Mafia when people abandoned all logic and refused to believe lovelife was the mafia mason recruiter.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 10:45:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/30/2012 10:35:57 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/30/2012 10:25:33 AM, tulle wrote:
Drafter, WHY did you claim miller as godfather?

Well, millers had been on the decline lately, so I thought I could leverage the fact that being an unCCd miller on DP1 is basically confirmation as a townie. If I were investigated, that would portrary cops as being flavored, hampering town.


Ah that actually makes sense.

Didn't work, obviously. Thankfully, Blackvoid was on the team as we still won.

Lol and I read the Brawl Mafia DP, it was hilarious.

For me, my most memorable mafia moments are:

Mafia win in The Wire (bluesteel mod) by NP3.
Oreele's Alcohol Mafia when people abandoned all logic and refused to believe lovelife was the mafia mason recruiter.
yang.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 12:06:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. Mob Wars 2.4

We (mafia) had been getting crushed all game and townies were being confirmed left and right. After Blue told me to bus him, it was down to just me and 9 townies. But somehow, with some luck and help from Bluesteel in the mafia PM, I came all the way back from a 9-1 deficit to win the game for the mafia on NP9.

2. 5D's Mafia

Probably the best game I've had, period. As the Day Vig, I killed 6 people: 1 townie, 2 third party, and 4 mafiosos. It was a rampage.

3. Aerial Warfare

No crazy claims or anything, just a collectively dominant performance by mafia. We pretty much were winning from start to finish and didn't break a sweat. Nobody even complained that if was a pro-mafia game, because it wasn't. We just played well.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 12:12:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/30/2012 12:06:30 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
1. Mob Wars 2.4

We (mafia) had been getting crushed all game and townies were being confirmed left and right. After Blue told me to bus him, it was down to just me and 9 townies. But somehow, with some luck and help from Bluesteel in the mafia PM, I came all the way back from a 9-1 deficit to win the game for the mafia on NP9.

2. 5D's Mafia

Probably the best game I've had, period. As the Day Vig, I killed 6 people: 1 townie, 2 third party, and 4 mafiosos. It was a rampage.

3. Aerial Warfare

No crazy claims or anything, just a collectively dominant performance by mafia. We pretty much were winning from start to finish and didn't break a sweat. Nobody even complained that if was a pro-mafia game, because it wasn't. We just played well.

For a while I had a personal philosophy of "FOS Blackvoid regardless; if he's mafia we lose."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 12:13:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) Pixar vs Dreamworks (Bluesteel mod)

Town was at LYLO 5-4 and confused as hell. No progress seemed to be made. Logic then comes on and and makes a long post asking me to vote for a confirmed townie to see whether mafia hammers or not. If they don't, that would mean that there are only 3 mafia. I figured he just wanted to hammer that townie and spent about 300 pages getting him lynched, all the while fighting against tremendous mafia resistance from Spinko, Marauder, and LDF, and quite surprisingly TV (town). After finally achieving the monumental task of lynching Logic over a course of 3 days, we insta-lynched TV in 5 minutes the next DP for supporting Logic and lost the game.

2) Illuminati mafia (Lickdafoot mod)

BlackVoid knew I was mafia. I don't know how. He just knew. He then spent over 2 days convincing town to vote for me and I would log on and convince them to unvote again. Town was at MYLO then and I thought I would make one of them look guilty. I convinced Andro to unvote me for a day. When she revoted I hammered myself. Town then lynched her the next DP.

3) Gangster's mafia (mod Medic)

As cult, I faked cop results on BlackVoid hoping he would flip mafia. But when it became obvious he was town, we all (cult and mafia) changed tack and spent 800 pages getting Thad lynched. Some memorable exchanges happenned between Drafterman and Koopin as well. While we lost as cult, playing on the same team with LDF was one of the most fun moments ever.

4) Quentin Tarantino films mafia (mod Spinko)

Came back in as a replacement when town was at MYLO and on the brink of losing with Andromeda_Z about to be lynched. A mafioso (caveat) was inactive, and all that was required for a mafia win was he log on and vote. But he never did. We then lynched PR (mafia) instead by exposing his claim as fake. Then we lynched 2 more mafiosos the next DP to win the game.

Those are my top four. Other memorable games:
5) Monetary mafia (mod LordKnukle)
6) Hunger games (mod Lordknukle)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 12:25:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/30/2012 12:13:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

2) Illuminati mafia (Lickdafoot mod)

BlackVoid knew I was mafia. I don't know how. He just knew. He then spent over 2 days convincing town to vote for me and I would log on and convince them to unvote again. Town was at MYLO then and I thought I would make one of them look guilty. I convinced Andro to unvote me for a day. When she revoted I hammered myself. Town then lynched her the next DP.

LOL. That game. Also, voting one's self isn't a town-tell, as you just demonstrated. Thanks for bringing this up. The next time someone says, "He voted for himself! He's town!" I'm going to bring this back up.

http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 1:05:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah, that game. I gave up hope of me surviving since BV was so convinced that I was mafia. My next thought was: how do we win with me lynched? Same thing in the Monetary game, I figured LDF wasn't going to let go until I was lynched. So, I told Blackhawk to bus me and hammered myself. I only ever hammer myself as mafia to confuse people. I have no idea why people do it as town instead of fighting it out.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 1:44:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Non-Consecutive Order:

Resevoir Dogs:

I don't know why TUF's games are so fun! This one was especially fun since Medic was a townie spy and Mafia didn't know who they were. Ultimately, Thaddeus ended up winning. However, townie wrongfully lynched Medic since we thought he was scum. I thought he was Mafia so I claimed Marytr.

Illuminati Mafia:

First time handling the rims, PR and F-16 showed me how to win it. I got night-killed unfortunately by Drafterman but I had a good time pretending to be town.

Gangster Chronicles:

It was my best moment ever in Mafia. Claiming 1 shot sensor was so fun. I technically won the game for scum with the help of Drafterman, HCP, D-Ninja, and PR. I knew we were screwed when Drafterman got night-killed and D-Ninja + PR had loads of suspicion. I claimed 1 shot sensor and claimed I used my results. HCP thought I was screwed when I claimed results. The funny thing was that people didn't catch on the fact that sensors are supposed to claim right after they use results. Of course, we had to lose PR but we ended up getting the win. My best game ever.

DDO Mafia Players:

This had the no townies concept with many 3rd parties and two mafias. LK did a fine job single-handly leading two Mafia A mislynches. I think I was the Most Improved Player after being from hammering a Mafia A player and prevented Jordan from winning as 3rd Party.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 2:57:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ones that I can remember:

Pixar Vs. Dreamworks Mafia- Logic basically lead us to a victorious win over town in my favorite game as mafia. I think that was the most pissed Danielle has ever gotten as town! She totally knew at least Logic (with his weird arse super one-shot vig claim), Marauder, and LDF were mafia all along and tried helplessly to convince town. The only reason I got below her radar was claiming the ant from Antz as a vanilla if I remember correctly.

My first beginner game- Bluesteel was assigned as our experienced member in the mafia. I was found out pretty easily by acting scummy as hell and was totally freaking out in the PM. The things I was suggesting for the other mafiosos to do to get me off the hook were absolutely ridiculous. I believe I was playing with Denote too. What ever happened to him?

Christianity Mafia (can't remember the specific name, modded by Marauder though)- I was mafia as per usual and claimed Glenn Beck who would be converted to the mafia as an unlynchable (I was also a secret miller). It was a good gambit in my head as the vig was dead, basically making me an unkillable known mafia if they killed me. No one believed me though and I was lynched very quickly. I'm not the best fake claimer.

Peter Rabbit Mafia- I don't remember all the specifics, only that I somehow pegged Medic as mafia pretty early and we argued for a few Dp's pretty tensely. He threatened to stop playing mafia if he was lynched "wrongly" lol. He turned out to be mafia though and graciously admitted it was an act. I've never followed my instincts as far as I did in that game.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.