Jump to topic:

Countries Mafia - DP4

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:16:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Last night Xerge was wiped off the face of the earth.

Nuked into submission:

Xerge - You are the United Kingdom, known for sea dominance and Piers Morgan. Your government is very active in regulating business and social services, and also monitors its citizens closely through video cameras and internet tracking. Some people worry that the the country's surveillance has grown too much (you have the highest amount of mass surveilance of all western countries) and that the people have limited privacy. But ultimately your government has good intentions in its regulations and is a respected world power. These surveillance capabilities make you the tracker/watcher. You can choose to either track or watch 1 player each night. You win with the town.

The rest of the world also banded together to take down the USA.

Logic - You are the United States, the most powerful country in the world. Your large population, GDP, and technological prowess makes you the most well known nation on the planet. However, in recent years you have felt as if this power grants you the role of "world police", under which you started intervening in other nation's affairs and placing military bases across the world, allowing you to influence other countries' regime. Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya are examples. Your interventionist tendencies make you the Cult Leader. Each NP, select a country to invervene in. You will place thousands of military troops in the area and establish a US presence, bringing them under your command and into the Cult. You cannot recruit the mafia countries. Your first attempt to recruit a mafia country will fail, and the second time, you will be killed. You can recruit the other third party, but they will secretly still win with themselves and not count towards Cult numbers. Your win condition is to have the Cult become a majority, and kill every mafia player in the game. You win with the Cult.

TUF - Switzerland - Survivor
Fourtrouble - Norway - Beloved Princess - Town

Active players:

1. Lickdafoot
2. Drafterman
3. F-16
4. Lordknukle
5. FourTrouble2
6. Budda
7. HCP
8. Zaradi
9. Medic
10. Caveat
11. Kyro90
12. Viper
13. Iflyhigh

7 votes.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:18:53 PM
So Tuf was obviously telling the truth...

Results?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:21:40 PM
At 6/2/2012 12:20:52 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Drafter needs to character claim.

VTL Drafter

VTL Drafter

Why?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 12:25:00 PM
At 6/2/2012 12:21:40 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 6/2/2012 12:20:52 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Drafter needs to character claim.

VTL Drafter

VTL Drafter

Why?

I'll tell you after his claim.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 1:05:49 PM
I dunno, do I look like a leader to you??...lol

Seriously though, since you're a corrupt regime and a hotbed for religious violence and terrorism, I'd say a role claim is in order.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 1:10:28 PM
With Switerland and USA as third parties, I'm not sure that's a viable line of logic. Unless you have something you're going on here, then I'll refrain.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 1:55:18 PM
Obviously I didn't just pick you out randomly so I must know something, right?? Your character claim is a suspicious one and warrants a role claim.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 1:59:14 PM
At 6/2/2012 1:55:18 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Obviously I didn't just pick you out randomly so I must know something, right?? Your character claim is a suspicious one and warrants a role claim.

Whats his character claim?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 2:59:51 PM
Quid pro quo, medic. You'll have to explain why. I already showed why claims themselves arent inherently townie or scummy.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 3:59:15 PM
At 6/2/2012 2:04:16 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Afghanistan

lols
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 4:39:58 PM
Just got on. Checking in. Any new results?
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 5:23:51 PM
At 6/2/2012 2:59:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
Quid pro quo, medic. You'll have to explain why. I already showed why claims themselves arent inherently townie or scummy.

Not quid pro quo. Something led me in your direction, we pressured you, and as it turns out your claim is indeed a scummy one. That warrants you being the one to roleclaim, not me. You are the one with the votes on him, so that's not a good time to try and negotiate.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 6:03:28 PM
Well I was roleblocked so that confirms the existence of a rb. I agree that Drafter should claim since Medic claims to hace something on him and we already have three votes on him.

VTL Drafter for a claim
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 6:49:40 PM
Checking in. So with Logic's lynch and the NK we're at 9 Town : 4 Mafia?

At 6/2/2012 12:16:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
...allowing you to influence other countries' regime. Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya are examples. Your interventionist tendencies make you the Cult Leader. Each NP, select a country to invervene in.

Curious as to what town role/justfication Afghanistan would have.

VTL drafter for role claim
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 6:51:09 PM
Actually, too close for comfort. We have enough pressure. Unvote
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:31:43 PM
Ok D-Man, quit stalling. I know you're reading this and you have sufficient votes so time to claim, and give role justification.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:19:57 PM
At 6/2/2012 7:31:43 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Ok D-Man, quit stalling. I know you're reading this and you have sufficient votes so time to claim, and give role justification.

Whenever someone has some reason to force a claim the come out with that reason first. I figured you had such a reason so I character claimed. I don't think we know enough to suggest what constitutes a scummy claim (USA=third party, remember?) you want my role, I want your reason first.

I officially place the ball in your court.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:27:21 PM

Also, yeah, I mainly lurk on the weekend days (regardless of affiliation) but it's a bit unfair and presumptive to take my silence ad stalling. I've been at Righttime Pediatrics for the past two hours (nothing serious). So, no, I wasn't stalling. I am now, but I wasn't then.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:29:11 PM
medic, I want an answer now, why were you so certain F-16 was town? You've had enough time to fake an answer, so let's hear it. Also, I'm assuming you have some results on drafter, I think you should tell us what's going on.

drafter, Afghanistan? I'm not sure why medic is pressuring you, but your character alone is reason for you to role-claim.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:30:44 PM
At 6/2/2012 8:19:57 PM, drafterman wrote:

Whenever someone has some reason to force a claim the come out with that reason first. I figured you had such a reason so I character claimed. I don't think we know enough to suggest what constitutes a scummy claim (USA=third party, remember?) you want my role, I want your reason first.

So the suspect gets to force the one who busts him to give all his info to the mafia, even before the suspect has to claim?? That's a bass ackwards, pro-mafia move if I've ever seen one. I guess we need more votes. You're a tough nut to crack when you know that the mafia isn't going to jump on and hammer. Given the situation, and your reluctance to claim and give justification, I'm fine with going ahead with the lynch if you'd rather not defend your claim.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:36:20 PM
At 6/2/2012 8:29:11 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
medic, I want an answer now, why were you so certain F-16 was town? You've had enough time to fake an answer, so let's hear it. Also, I'm assuming you have some results on drafter, I think you should tell us what's going on.

drafter, Afghanistan? I'm not sure why medic is pressuring you, but your character alone is reason for you to role-claim.

Falcon has a certain thing that he does when he's town. I picked up on it a few games ago and it has held true since then. I'm not going to give up that tell because then he'll make sure and do it every game. If he becomes suspicious and is in danger of being lynched, I will out it and let others decide but for now there's no reason for suspicion and we need to stay focused on Drafter.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:37:08 PM
At 6/2/2012 8:30:44 PM, medic0506 wrote:

So the suspect gets to force the one who busts him to give all his info to the mafia, even before the suspect has to claim?? That's a bass ackwards, pro-mafia move if I've ever seen one. I guess we need more votes. You're a tough nut to crack when you know that the mafia isn't going to jump on and hammer. Given the situation, and your reluctance to claim and give justification, I'm fine with going ahead with the lynch if you'd rather not defend your claim.

Backwards? No... Every time someone has results that incriminate someone they out the results first. The results provide the reason for the pressure. Right now, everyone is pressuring me just because you said so. You aren't giving people a chance to make their own decision of whether or not your information warrants a claim from me. Maybe your information doesn't warrant a claim. Maybe you're mafia who knows something about my role, and want to know more but know you can't just ask, hence this whole masquerade.

Tell you what, show me any other game where someone claimed to have info, and successfully pressured another player without providing that info first.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:43:31 PM
At 6/2/2012 8:37:08 PM, drafterman wrote:

Backwards? No... Every time someone has results that incriminate someone they out the results first. The results provide the reason for the pressure. Right now, everyone is pressuring me just because you said so. You aren't giving people a chance to make their own decision of whether or not your information warrants a claim from me. Maybe your information doesn't warrant a claim. Maybe you're mafia who knows something about my role, and want to know more but know you can't just ask, hence this whole masquerade.

Tell you what, show me any other game where someone claimed to have info, and successfully pressured another player without providing that info first.

If you can accomplish your goal without outing your own role, as a townie, then you should always do so. That's what I'm trying to do here. I pressured you, and your claim is scummy, so that's reason enough to pursue the lead, without me claiming and giving info to the mafia.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 8:45:21 PM
At 6/2/2012 8:43:31 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 6/2/2012 8:37:08 PM, drafterman wrote:

If you can accomplish your goal without outing your own role, as a townie, then you should always do so. That's what I'm trying to do here. I pressured you, and your claim is scummy, so that's reason enough to pursue the lead, without me claiming and giving info to the mafia.

On what basis is my claim scummy?