F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:47:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Day Phase 8

Left in the dust

1) Viper-King 1, you are BELLA from TWILIGHT. You are the BELOVED VAMPIRE. If you die, a night phase is lost. You win with the town.

2) LordKnuckle 1, you are the DISFIGURED FACE from the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. Each night, visit a player and scare the hell out of them. If you visit a certain player, your role can do more than just scare, it can give them total nightmares. While in the real world, you have normal human vulnerability, your tendency to visit people in their dreams and cause them harm makes you appear guilty to investigations. You win with the town.

3) Zaradi, you are ATHENA, the goddess of wisdom from the movie IMMORTALS. You are a wise person and don't need help from night actions in order to deduce who the mafia are. Therefore you have no role. You win with the town.

4) Medic 1, you are JOHN RAMBO from the movie RAMBO. You are a Vietnam War Veteran. In the movies, you were a soldier and are required to protect your country. In this game, you will protect your team. You are the BODYGUARD. Each night, choose a player to protect. If that player is targeted for a kill, you die in their place. You win with the town.

5) Budda 1, you are GANDALF from LORD OF THE RINGS. A leader known for putting together his forces. You are the Mason Recruiter. Starting NP5, choose a player to recruit each night. You win with the town.

6) Fourtrouble, you are Bill from Kill Bill. You are known for brutally beating down your enemies rendering them unconcious. You are the ROLEBLOCKER. You win with the mafia.

7) TUF, you are JULES WINNFIELD from PULP FICTION. You are a HITMAN. However, you first need to find your partner and target them to get into a private PM with them. Once you do that, you and your partner can agree to make two hits on two different players during the next two night phases. If you both can't agree on a player, you lose your kill that night. You win with the town.

8) Vmpire, you are DOM COBB from INCEPTION. Your ability to infiltrate people's dreams allows you to discern their deepest, darkest secrets. Each night, investigate a player innocent or guilty. You win with the town.

9) Logic on Rails, You are EDMOND DANTES from THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. Suspected as a Bonapartist, a helper to Napoleon, you are imprisoned in solitary confinement in the island fortress of Chateau. For the first 3 Night Phases, you can choose one of the following each NP:

(a) Appear innocent to investigation

(b) Be immune to kills (bulletproof)

After you escape, you realize that you have been betrayed by your friends and go into hiding for 9 years. During this time, (NP4, NP5, and NP6), your well-hidden nature allows you to automatically appear innocent to investigation. You can choose one of the following each NP:

(a) Kill a player

(b) Be immune to kills (bulletproof)

After your time in hiding, you re-emerge as the Count of Monte Cristo having distanced yourself from the name, Edmond Dantes. Starting NP7, you are bulletproof and appear innocent to investigation. Each night phase, you must kill a player as you have a burning desire to exact revenge on those that betrayed you. You win if you are the last player left alive.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Lynched DP7

10) Johnnyboy, you are HARVEY DENT from the DARK KNIGHT. You are a noted Defense Attorney who uses your political clout to help put criminals away. You are the POLITICIAN. Each night, choose a player and place their vote on another player. Due to the fact that Batman considers you his heir, you are also the BACKUP TRACKER. If Batman dies, you assume his tracking abilities while losing your current ability. You win with the town.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Killed NP7

11) BossyBurrito, you are ARIADNE from INCEPTION. You help people understand various dreamscapes. If you target the right person, they will gain the ability to use a previously useless role. You win with the town.

Active Players:

1) tvellalott
2) BlackVoid
3) Airmax
4) Drafterman
5) Medic 2 (replaced Lickdafoot)
6) Budda 2 (replaced OberHerr)
7) Viper 2 (replaced LordKnukle 2 (who replaced HCP) )

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:53:31 AM
At 6/14/2012 11:50:10 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Results?

Since I thought I was going to die anyway, I decided to watch VK. I didn't get any results, so I think his roleblock story is true, but I don't think that confirms his role. I'd like to know more about how it works.

VTL Viper
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:53:59 AM
At 6/14/2012 11:53:31 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/14/2012 11:50:10 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Results?

Since I thought I was going to die anyway, I decided to watch VK. I didn't get any results, so I think his roleblock story is true, but I don't think that confirms his affiliation. I'd like to know more about how it works.

VTL Viper
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:07:35 PM
I think VK prolly has the scummiest claim right now. I'd like to know if there's any hint in his role pm as to why his role would be town-sided.
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:18:57 PM
Hey guys. Sorry for being inactive. FOS on Drafter I want an explanation for why JohnnyBoy was lynched. Also I'm passive roleblocker so unless someone tries to kill me, they are roleblocked.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:23:45 PM
At 6/14/2012 12:18:57 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Hey guys. Sorry for being inactive. FOS on Drafter I want an explanation for why JohnnyBoy was lynched. Also I'm passive roleblocker so unless someone tries to kill me, they are roleblocked.

He was lynched because both me and Budda say him visiting BV, whos 1xBP was used up. You voted for him too and, technically, your vote was the hammer (5th vote).

So, why do you want an explanation NOW, after the fact? Your vote was the only post in that phase. So I find it suspicious that A) You are OMGUSing me and B) FOSing you magically breaks the spell of inactivity upon you.

Your roll is scummy as hell, and it is unfortunate that there have been weird results keeping the suspicion on other people.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:25:08 PM
At 6/14/2012 12:18:57 PM, Viper-King wrote:

How is that a townie role?? Does your role pm give any clues to that??

FYI, Budda also confirmed Johnny's action. Why no FOS on him??
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:38:11 PM
Apparently mafia have a track/watch framer. That seems extremely OP, but it seems the best explanation.

How is Viper's role scummy? Its basically a PGO.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:41:15 PM
At 6/14/2012 12:38:11 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Apparently mafia have a track/watch framer. That seems extremely OP, but it seems the best explanation.

How is Viper's role scummy? Its basically a PGO.

Any role that prevents the determination of affiliation is inherently scummy IMO.

What are your thoughts?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:44:00 PM
It seems OP for a mafia role. It can't be investigated, tracked, or vig killed. Basically a godfather/ninja/bulletproof all rolled into one. But looking at the player list, it might still be him based off mere process of elimination.

Oh yeah, and TV should explain exactly how his role works now.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 12:47:31 PM
1) tvellalott - Flavored vig?
2) BlackVoid - x1 Track/watch/BP
3) Airmax - Messenger
4) Drafterman - Watcher
5) Medic 2 - Vig (used)
6) Budda 2 - Tracker
7) Viper 2 - Roleblocker PGO
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:03:04 PM
We should get all the role paraphrases out there. I'll start.

"You are Tony Stark (Iron Man). Your armor grants you an array of powers which can damage your opponents and protect yourself. You have 1 BP vest. You also have x1 track and x1 watch."

(I'm not sure why it says I can damage opponents, I don't have vig powers. But yeah.)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:13:49 PM
You are BRYAN MILLS from Taken. You are a CIA Agent and have the skills to find out what other people are doing. You are the WATCHER. Yada yada.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:15:57 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:03:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
We should get all the role paraphrases out there. I'll start.

"You are Tony Stark (Iron Man). Your armor grants you an array of powers which can damage your opponents and protect yourself. You have 1 BP vest. You also have x1 track and x1 watch."

(I'm not sure why it says I can damage opponents, I don't have vig powers. But yeah.)

Read Tuf's role pm and you'll see mine. It's the same except the names are changed.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:22:33 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:13:49 PM, drafterman wrote:
You are BRYAN MILLS from Taken. You are a CIA Agent and have the skills to find out what other people are doing. You are the WATCHER. Yada yada.

I liked that movie...

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." - Bryan Mills
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:25:07 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:22:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/14/2012 1:13:49 PM, drafterman wrote:

I liked that movie...

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." - Bryan Mills

I took a picture of that scene with that caption (minus the part with the daughter and killing) and changed "people like you" to "hackers like you" and that was basically our slogan for the information security team we're running here.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:26:05 PM
You are Cameron Poe from Con-Air. After being released from prison you are flown back home when Cyrus Grissom a criminal mastermind takes over the aircraft. Despite pretending to work with the bad guys, you plot to bring them down while communicating with the good guys. Each night you can choose a player and open a PM with them and relay confidential information. At the end of the NP the message will be close. You win with the town.
Debate.org Moderator
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:34:48 PM
You are Stuart Price from the Hangover 2. You invite many people to your wedding day and you and your friends are known for getting drunk and having a hangover. Everyone who visits you for any reason other than a kill gets drunk (roleblocked) that night. Yadda yadda.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:40:37 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:34:48 PM, Viper-King wrote:
You are Stuart Price from the Hangover 2. You invite many people to your wedding day and you and your friends are known for getting drunk and having a hangover. Everyone who visits you for any reason other than a kill gets drunk (roleblocked) that night. Yadda yadda.

You chose "The Hangover 2" as your Action movie?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:45:01 PM

I knew this sounded familiar...

"You are ALAN GARNER, from THE HANGOVER films. You are the TOWN DRUNK. Each night you may drug someone and prevent them from using their role. You win with the town."
http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:50:58 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:40:37 PM, drafterman wrote:

I pointed I think in DP2 that the term, "action movie" is used very loosely in this game.. We have horror, fantasy, and comedy... Movies I certainly wouldn't ever call an "action movie"...
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:53:30 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:50:58 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I pointed I think in DP2 that the term, "action movie" is used very loosely in this game.. We have horror, fantasy, and comedy... Movies I certainly wouldn't ever call an "action movie"...

That's true. But I would say that, out of all of the movies revealed, that they all have some sort of "action" component.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:59:12 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:53:30 PM, drafterman wrote:

That's true. But I would say that, out of all of the movies revealed, that they all have some sort of "action" component.

I haven't seen Hangover 2, but if it's at all similar to hangover 1, we could say similarly that it has some kind of action component. Even though it's clearly a comedy.
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 2:05:50 PM
At 6/14/2012 1:59:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/14/2012 1:53:30 PM, drafterman wrote:

I haven't seen Hangover 2, but if it's at all similar to hangover 1, we could say similarly that it has some kind of action component. Even though it's clearly a comedy.

Depends on what you mean by "action" though there is a scene where a monk beats them all up.