Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Action Movies Mafia - ENDGAME

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 2:55:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MAFIA WINS

1) TVellalott
2) Drafterman
3) FourTrouble
4) Medic 2
(replaced Lickdafoot)

This was a very interesting game to mod. It was the first game where all the roles were assigned non-randomly. Most were based on the characters with the last couple of people's roles shoe-horned into roles that I needed to include in the game. For instance FT was the last one in and mafia needed a roleblocker, so I twisted Bill's role to fit into roleblocker. I deliberately gave detailed justifications for some roles and vague ones for others to make it more difficult for the town. For instance, LK didn't have a character name but was merely "disfigured face."

I borrowed elements from two of my favorite games: Bluesteel's Pixar vs Dreamworks and Logic's Death-in-Mystere. Like Pixar, I let characters from the same movie "confirm" each other. Like Death-in-Mystere, I also used a mole/spy. There were 6 players who chose the same movie as other players so it worked perfectly into my game design. Those players were:

TUF and Lickdafoot/Medic2 (both chose Pulp Fiction)
Johnnyboy and Thaddeus/OberHerr/Budda2 (both chose Dark Knight)
Vmpire and Royal/Bossy (both chose Inception)

That allowed 6 people to somewhat "confirm" each other. Naturally, I thought town would go "The mod wouldn't just allow 6 people to confirm each other so easily, there's gotta be a catch." Once 5 of the players died, it only let Medic 2 remain. Obviously, he was the spy. Town however never caught onto that.

Another way to catch on was that as LDF pointed out, why would there be a Mason Recruiter, a Messenger and 2 lovers. That is 3 separate PMs outside of the DPs. One of them had to be fake/infiltrated. After Budda 1 (Mason) was killed, town kept focussing on Airmax and didn't realize that Medic 2 was the infiltrator.

Both these scenarios assume that the mafia never slips. Town could still catch them. However, mafia did slip. When LDF paraphrased her role, TUF said "that's not what my role says." Later when Medic 2 had to paraphrase, he said "take TUF's PM and switch around the names" - a clear contradiction. I thought BV reading through the DPs would have caught onto that. If he did, mafia would certainly have been doomed.

I also wanted to hide a watcher in the mafia. I used a mafia watcher/lookout in almost every game I modded, so to make it a believable claim, I gave the town neither a watcher nor a doctor.

I underpowered both the town and the mafia because I felt my last game (HP) relied too much on night actions and a lot of people were discouraged by that. So, night actions were minimal for both sides. I did include a very unique role for the mafia which allowed them to frame a player to make it seem as though they visited a player they did not. I felt it was a better idea than a regular framer which frames people as guilty to cop investigations. TV and Drafterman used to amazing effect and got 3 non-mafia lynches based off of it. Johnnyboy did really well figuring out that such a role existed.

As to the third party role, I wanted to give Logic a chance to win hence the mafia not having a role cop. I also made it a flavored serial killer as opposed to a survivor which I hate. However, he needed to be the last one left alive so was motivated to take out the mafia first and then the town.

I wanted this game to focus more on tracking/watching as opposed to cop results so that is where I spent most of my time developing. The cop was relatively weak since he needed to be enabled before using his role.

However, there was a tracker, a mafia watcher, a backup tracker, and a JOAT with 1X track, and 1X watch. That is why the mafia leader couldn't be tracker or watched and the framer role fooled trackers and watchers as opposed to cops. In fact, I did not even include a mafia role that appeared innocent to investigations (godfather). They all appeared guilty.

I also designed the roles such that the only mafia role which could be caught through tracking/watching was the roleblocker - unless TV died and someone else had to perform the kill.

I think the mafia played very well but they were also very lucky with regards to Logic. You see, Logic was framed to visit Vmpire whereas he actually visited TUF. Drafterman then used those fake-results to lynch him. When he flipped third party, Drafter unexpectedly was able to confirm himself. Also, TV and Drafter continually predicted who the tracker was going to track successfully and framed those targets. Their intuition went a long way in winning the game for the mafia.

On the town side, TUF was incredible. He pegged Drafter, FT, and TV for mafia as early as the 3rd NP. LDF/Medic 2 was the only one he did not suspect since he/she was in a PM with him. Johnny of course did well predicting TV's role. BlackVoid was leading the town and taking charge for the entire duration of the game. If only he had figured out the contradiction in Medic's claim, he could have gotten Medic lynched. Then when Drafter still did not die, he would have looked far more suspicious and town could have almost won.

I have a few more things to say - I will say them when I remember them, I was bursting with things to say for this endgame. I hope everyone enjoyed it and please leave questions or comments about this game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 2:56:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Third Party Role (1)

Logic on Rails â€" You are EDMOND DANTES from THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. Suspected as a Bonapartist, a helper to Napoleon, you are imprisoned in solitary confinement in the island fortress of Chateau. For the first 3 Night Phases, you can choose one of the following each NP:

(a) Appear innocent to investigation

(b) Be immune to kills (bulletproof)

After you escape, you realize that you have been betrayed by your friends and go into hiding for 9 years. During this time, (NP4, NP5, and NP6), your well-hidden nature allows you to automatically appear innocent to investigation. You can choose one of the following each NP:

(a) Kill a player

(b) Be immune to kills (bulletproof)

After your time in hiding, you re-emerge as the Count of Monte Cristo having distanced yourself from the name, Edmond Dantes. Starting NP7, you are bulletproof and appear innocent to investigation. Each night phase, you must kill a player as you have a burning desire to exact revenge on those that betrayed you. You win if you are the last player left alive.

Town Roles (13)

Airmax, you are CAMERON POE from CON-AIR, a former Army Ranger who was sentenced to prison. After being released from prison for good conduct, you are flown back home on the C-123 Jailbird where a criminal mastermind named Grissom plans to take over the aircraft. Despite pretending to co-operate with him, you plot to bring him down from within and relay information to the police. Each night, you can choose a player and be put in a private PM with that player to chat with them and relay confidential information. At the end of the night, the PM will be closed. You win with the town.

HCP, you are STUART PRICE from the HANGOVER 2. You invite a lot of guests to your wedding and you and your friends are known for getting drunk and having a hangover. Everyone who visits you for any reason other than a kill gets drunk (roleblocked) that night. You win with the town.

LordKnuckle, you are the DISFIGURED FACE from the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. Each night, visit a player and scare the hell out of them. If you visit a certain player, your role can do more than just scare, it can give them total nightmares. There is another component to your role that I will inform you of during NP1. You win with the town.

Mod note: Will learn that he is a miller during NP1.

Royal Paladin, you are ARIADNE from INCEPTION. You help people understand various dreamscapes. If you target the right person, they will gain the ability to use a previously useless role. You win with the town.

Mod note: Vmpire becomes regular cop if targeted.

Medic, you are JOHN RAMBO from the movie RAMBO. You are a Vietnam War Veteran. In the movies, you were a soldier and are required to protect your country. In this game, you will protect your team. You are the BODYGUARD. Each night, choose a player to protect. If that player is targeted for a kill, you die in their place. You win with the town.

Viper, you are BELLA from TWILIGHT. You are the BELOVED VAMPIRE. If you die, a night phase is lost. You win with the town.

TUF, you are JULES WINNFIELD from PULP FICTION. You are a HITMAN. However, you first need to find your partner and target them to get into a private PM with them. Once you do that, you and your partner can agree to make two hits on two different players during the next two night phases. If you both can't agree on a player, you lose your kill that night. You win with the town.

Thaddeus, you are BATMAN from the DARK KNIGHT. You are the world's greatest ******-******* detective. Each night choose a player to track and find out who that player visited. You win with the town.

Johnnyboy, you are HARVEY DENT from the DARK KNIGHT. You are a noted Defense Attorney who uses your political clout to help put criminals away. You are the POLITICIAN. Each night, choose a player and place their vote on another player. Due to the fact that Batman considers you his heir, you are also the BACKUP TRACKER. If Batman dies, you assume his tracking abilities while losing your current ability. You win with the town.

Zaradi, you are ATHENA, the goddess of wisdom from the movie IMMORTALS. You are a wise person and don't need help from night actions in order to deduce who the mafia are. Therefore you have no role. You win with the town.

Vmpire, you are DOM COBB from INCEPTION. Your ability to infiltrate people's dreams allows you to discern their deepest, darkest secrets. Each night, investigate a player innocent or guilty. You win with the town.

Mod Note: naïve cop until targeted by Ariadne.

Mod Note: GF, Serial killer (if chosen to be innocent) are innocent, miller is guilty.

Buddamoose, you are GANDALF from LORD OF THE RINGS. A leader known for putting together his forces. You are the Mason Recruiter. Starting NP5, choose a player to recruit each night. You win with the town.

BlackVoid, you are TONY STARK (IRON MAN), from IRON MAN. Your armor enables you to use a number of abilities at your disposal to damage your enemies as well as protect you. You are 1X Bulletproof. You also have a 1X Track and a 1X Watch abilities. You win with the town.

Mafia Roles (4)

Tvellalott, You are SETH GECKO from the movie FROM DUSK TILL DAWN. You are a bank robber on the run. Your street skills and contacts enable you to evade capture and make you difficult to track down. Hence, you are the NINJA and cannot be tracked or watched. In addition, you are the FRAMER. You can pick a player each night and make it seem like they visited a specific player (to trackers and watchers) when in fact, they really didn't. You are also the mafia leader. The final call on who to night kill is yours. You win with the mafia.

Drafterman, you are BRYAN MILLS from the movie TAKEN. You are a CIA Field Agent who has surveillance expertise and the skills to find out what people are upto. You are the LOOKOUT. Each night, watch a player and find out who visited that player. You win with the mafia.

Fourtrouble, you are Bill from Kill Bill. You are known for brutally beating down your enemies rendering them unconcious. You are the roleblocker. You win with the mafia.

Lickdafoot, you are VINCENT VEGA from PULP FICTION. You are a HITMAN. You and your partner Jules Winnfield conspire to place hits on innocent townies. Together, you decide who you want to kill. You get two extra kills for the duration of the game. You win with the mafia.

Modnote: You need to either target Jules Winnfield or allow him to target you in order to get into a private PM with him. Once in the PM, you decide together if you want to kill someone. Jules Winnfield is also a hitman but is aligned with the town. He is looking for Vincent Vega but is unaware that you win with the mafia. Whether or not you claim your actual character is up to you and your choice will influence the course of the game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 2:57:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
NIGHT PHASE 1

Third Party
1) Logic appears innocent to investigation

Town

Active Actions
1) Airmax messages Zaradi
2) LordKnukle scares Drafter
3) Bossy fixes Vmpire
4) Medic Waives
5) TUF chooses LDF
6) OberHerr tracks LK (LK visits Viper-King, framed, doesn't scare Drafter, rb'ed)
7) Johnnyboy waives
8) Vmpire investigates Drafter
9) BlackVoid waives action

No active actions:
10) HCP
11) Viper - DIES, NP is skipped
12) Zaradi
13) Budda

Mafia
1) TV frames LK, LK is shown to visit Viper, TV kills Viper
2) FT blocks LK
3) Drafter watches Vmpire, visited by Bossy
4) LDF target TUF, gets placed in PM

Results to send
1) Set up PM between Airmax and Zaradi
2) Set up PM with TUF and LDF
3) Vmpire is told "no result" on Drafter
4) Vmpire is told that he has been fixed starting next NP
5) Drafter is told that Bossy visited Vmpire
6) Ober is told that LK visited Viper
7) LK is told that he is a miller

NIGHT PHASE 2 SKIPPED

NIGHT PHASE 3

Third Party
1) Logic appears innocent to investigation

Town

Active Actions
1) Airmax Waives
2) BlackVoid Waives
3) Bossy enables Airmax (no effect)
4) Medic guards BlackVoid (but dies)
5) TUF and LDF waive
6) OberHerr tracks Vmpire (vmpire visits no one since he is rbd, framed as visiting Medic)
7) Johnnyboy places Medic's vote on Medic (no effect as Medic is killed)
8) Vmpire investigates Drafter - roleblocked, framed

No active actions:
9) LordKnukle 2
10) Budda

Mafia
1) TV frames Vmpire, Vmpire is shown to visit Medic, TV kills Medic
2) FT blocks Vmpire
3) Drafter watches Ober, visited by no one
4) LDF (no action)

Results to send
1) Vmpire is told "no result"
3) Drafter is told that no one visited Ober
4) Ober is told that Vmpire visited Medic

Medic is dead. Start DP with Medic dead, 14 players alive, and 8 to lynch.

NIGHT PHASE 4

Third Party
1) Logic is bulletproof

Town

Active Actions
1) Airmax messages TUF, PM is set up
2) BlackVoid Watches vmpire - FT visited
3) Bossy enables Ober (no effect)
4) Vmpire investigates Airmax - no result as vmp is roleblocked
5) TUF and Medic2 - TUF kills Logic
6) OberHerr tracks LDF/Medic 2 - Medic 2 visits no one
7) Johnnyboy places Logic's vote on Logic

No active actions:
8) Viper 2
9) Budda

Mafia
1) TV frames Logic, TV kills Budda
2) FT blocks vmpire
3) Drafter watches TUF
4) Medic2 (no action)

Results to send
1) BlackVoid is told that FourTrouble visited Vmpire
2) vmire is told no result
3) Drafter is told that no one visited TUF
4) Ober is told that Medic2 replaced LDF and Medic2 visited no one.

Start DP with Budda dead, 13 players alive, and 7 to lynch.
Logic's vote on Logic

NIGHT PHASE 5

Third Party
1) Logic kills TUF

Town

Active Actions:
1) Airmax waives
2) BlackVoid tracks Drafterman - Drafter visited vmpire
3) Bossy visits BlackVoid (no effect)
4) Vmpire investigates Johnny (and is KILLED)
5) Johnnyboy places Drafter's vote on Drafter
6) OberHerr forfeits night action

No active actions:
7) TUF - (is KILLED)
8) Viper 2 (no action)

Mafia
1) TV frames Logic, TV kills vmpire
2) Drafter watches Vmpire (Logic is framed to visit)
3) Medic2 (no action)

Results to send
1) BlackVoid is told that Drafterman visited Vmpire
2) vmpire is told that he is dead
3) Drafter is told that Logic visited Vmpire
4) Ober is told that he forfeited his night action

Start DP with vmpire, TUF (and FT) dead, 10 players alive, and 6 to lynch.
Drafter's vote on Drafter

NIGHT PHASE 6

Town

Active Actions:
1) Airmax waives
2) Johnny waives (is framed to visit BV)
3) Bossy waives
4) Budda 2 tracks Johnny - Johnny is framed to visit BV

No active actions:
5) BlackVoid
6) Viper 2 (no action)

Mafia
1) TV frames Johnny, TV kills BV
2) Drafter watches BlackVoid (Johnnyboy is framed to visit)
3) Medic 2 (no action)

Results to send

1) Drafter is told that BlackVoid was visited by Johnny
2) Budda 2 is told that Johnny visited BlackVoid
3) BlackVoid is told that his bulletproof is gone

Start DP with Logic dead, 9 players alive, and 5 to lynch.

NIGHT PHASE 7

Town

1) Airmax waives
2) Budda 2 tracks BlackVoid - BV visits no one

3) Bossy (no action) - DIES
4) BlackVoid (no action)
5) Viper 2 (no action)

Mafia
1) TV frames VK, and is roleblocked
2) Drafter watches Bossy, Drafterman visits Bossy (and kills Bossy)
3) Medic 2 (no action)

Results to send

1) Drafter is told that Drafter visited Bossy
2) Budda 2 is told that BV visited no one

Start DP with Bossy dead, 7 players alive, and 4 to lynch.

NIGHT PHASE 8

Town

1) Airmax waives
2) Budda 2 tracks Drafterman (DIES)
3) BlackVoid (no action)
4) Viper 2 (no action)

Mafia
1) Drafter watches BlackVoid and kills Budda (no one visits BV)
2) Medic 2 (no action)

Results to send

1) Drafter is told that no one visited BlackVoid
2) Budda 2 is told that he is dead

Start DP with Budda 2 (and TV) dead, 5 players alive, and 3 to lynch.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:10:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
GG all. This was a very interesting game to watch.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:18:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not happy with how Medic was hidden and how drafterman was basically mod confirmed by TV's role saying there's a watcher...I'll post when im less angry.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:39:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
GG, sucks i died, woulda FOS'd drafter hardcore if i hadnt haha
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:40:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 3:25:11 PM, Viper-King wrote:
Bullsh it. 2 of the remaining 3 town buy into fvcking Drafterman's lies. I'll post later when im lesss p!ssed off

People dont like lynching drafter, it happens with certain players :(
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:41:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 3:18:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Not happy with how Medic was hidden and how drafterman was basically mod confirmed by TV's role saying there's a watcher...I'll post when im less angry.

TV's role wasn't supposed to be used to confirm alliances. Nothing in TV's role said that the watcher was town. Besides the intent of TV's role was to fool:

1) Tracker
2) Back-up Tracker
3) 1X Track from JOAT
4) 1X Watch from JOAT
5) Mafia watcher/Lookout
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:54:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I also tried to make sure that everything ran with no mod interference at all, the graveyard was all true and the roles were clearly displayed at the end of the Day Phase (this is uncommon). I wanted to be open with the town as much as possible. Also this is one of the few games where I posted a list of all night actions so people can verify and see what happenned was all a result of player interactions.

Town played very well overall but the mafia played incredibly well (especially Drafterman) AND to top it off, they were extremely lucky as well. Town lost because they no lynched twice, lynched 4 townies and the serial killer. Okay, I don't blame them for lynching the serial killer, but here is how the DPs went:

DP1: NO LYNCH
DP2: Lynch LordKnukle (TOWN)
DP3: Lynch Zaradi (TOWN)
DP4: NO LYNCH
DP5: Lynch FourTrouble (MAFIA)
DP6: Lynch Logic (3rd PARTY)
DP7: Lynch Johnnyboy (TOWN)
DP8: Lynch Tvellalott (MAFIA)
DP9: Lynch Viper-King (TOWN)

Also, props to TV and Drafter for framing accurately. List of frame targets:

NP1: Successful frame and mislynch
NP2: ---
NP3: Successful frame
NP4: Unsuccessful
NP5: Successful and lucky frame and mislynch
NP6: Successful frame and mislynch
NP7: Unsuccessful
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 4:02:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 3:41:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:18:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Not happy with how Medic was hidden and how drafterman was basically mod confirmed by TV's role saying there's a watcher...I'll post when im less angry.

TV's role wasn't supposed to be used to confirm alliances. Nothing in TV's role said that the watcher was town.

TV's role says he frames targets "to trackers and watchers". Given that, it made no sense to me that the Watcher could be mafia because then they would be framing their own role. Which is pointless since the mafia would know what really happened. So it only made sense for the Watcher to be town.

And you said in the OP that you purposely didnt give town a Doc just to make drafter easier to confirm. That meant drafter was the only protective role besides Medic. So I dont know, it just seems like the strategy was "make drafterman look as town as possible".

Well, overall the game was fun and I enjoyed it. I like that it wasnt super complicated like some games recently. I'm just frustrated seeing who the mafia were, which never happens. I feel like there was no way to figure out drafter minus a guilty result.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 4:11:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 4:02:38 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:41:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:18:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Not happy with how Medic was hidden and how drafterman was basically mod confirmed by TV's role saying there's a watcher...I'll post when im less angry.

TV's role wasn't supposed to be used to confirm alliances. Nothing in TV's role said that the watcher was town.

TV's role says he frames targets "to trackers and watchers". Given that, it made no sense to me that the Watcher could be mafia because then they would be framing their own role.

Yes, they did it. Logic never visited Vmpire but TV framed Logic as visiting Vmpire. So, I told Drafter that Logic visited Vmpire. Yes, they framed their own role. True story.

Which is pointless since the mafia would know what really happened.

They did know what really happenned. And somehow they got Logic lynched.

So it only made sense for the Watcher to be town.

And you said in the OP that you purposely didnt give town a Doc just to make drafter easier to confirm.

Yeah, the purpose of a watcher claim is seem town and give mafia a free fake-claim so they don't have a too difficult time and to balance the game.

That meant drafter was the only protective role besides Medic.

No. Bodyguard + 1X watcher + 1X Bulletproof. Also, I had to make sure Logic could claim full bulletproof too if he wanted. I didn't want to use up all the standard roles for town and give scum nothing to fake-claim.

So I dont know, it just seems like the strategy was "make drafterman look as town as possible".

That is the intention behing giving mafia townie roles. It had nothing to do specifically with Drafterman.

Well, overall the game was fun and I enjoyed it. I like that it wasnt super complicated like some games recently. I'm just frustrated seeing who the mafia were, which never happens. I feel like there was no way to figure out drafter minus a guilty result.

You make a good point. Medic 2/LDF was the one I thought would be the most difficult to catch so I spent most of my time figuring out ways that town could catch him if he didn't make that slip-up about TUF's role. I didn't think too much about how town would catch Drafterman but mafia watchers are very common.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 5:52:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've already discussed with F-16 about game design and how I think it's quite impressive. The only thing is that I think LDF / Medic was a bit too confirmable by the mod in the sense that TUF was told he had a partner. Otherwise it was quite expertly done.

And on my death... Mafia are extremely lucky! As I told F-16 in my role PM, my DNS server (part of the Internet set-up) was not working during the morning. By the time I got home in the afternoon I was lynched. I had multiple , detailed contingency plans in place, AND Drafter had the wrong result. I'm pretty confident that had I posted I would have got Drafter lynched, and with him dead I could have gone further. I'm still very mad that such a series of events happened...

During the game I had many ideas about F-16's modding style yet was a bit too inactive to talk about them (plus I was trying to lay low, so I didn't say them) . To me a role like Viper's was rather understandable because it's sort of like the roles I intend to use as mislynch targets in my games. Furthermore, I found the entirety of the Mafia very suspect near the end just based on their playstyle and aggression. However, this might just be my bias upon being lynched.

Mafia had amazing night actions and played the town for fools. I do think I could have made a big difference had I not been caught out so badly, and Blackvoid played well, yet the town just couldn't see past roles to behavioural analysis.

Again, F-16, a well designed game with only minor quibbles to speak of. I particularly like the style of roles used.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 6:16:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I really liked the design of this game, especially the idea of a framer who gives false results to tracker/watcher. I was also really impressed by TUF's instincts in this game. Had LDF and medic not convinced him to forfeit the first night and test Logic the second, this game could have ended very differently. Another thing - had Logic not killed TUF, it's very likely that medic would have been lynched eventually, even if it was to test TUF's claim. The end was exciting too, as drafter played so aggressive yet avoided getting lynched. At some point, I was really worried town would lynch him just based on behavior. Overall, very interesting game.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 6:38:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Loved the game. Town had to rely on something other than results, which was a nice change of pace. Mafia played very well and used their roles with great affect.

However, I still do not understand my mislynch. There was little discussion, and there was no night kill. So seeing me visit someone should not have implicated me. Also, tracker/watcher results were shown to be unreliable. LK's early mislynch where he was shown at the scene of a kill was a good indicator that the framer existed, but we decided to ignore it until I was killed. Also, no one's vote was stolen, so that should have worked in my favor. I think town played very poorly that DP, and decided to just go with the results instead of thinking.

Still, good work by Drafter that DP. He hurried things along and stifled all discussion.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 6:42:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 4:02:38 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:41:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:18:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Not happy with how Medic was hidden and how drafterman was basically mod confirmed by TV's role saying there's a watcher...I'll post when im less angry.

TV's role wasn't supposed to be used to confirm alliances. Nothing in TV's role said that the watcher was town.

TV's role says he frames targets "to trackers and watchers". Given that, it made no sense to me that the Watcher could be mafia because then they would be framing their own role. Which is pointless since the mafia would know what really happened. So it only made sense for the Watcher to be town.

And you said in the OP that you purposely didnt give town a Doc just to make drafter easier to confirm

F-16 does not lke easy confirmations for town. My mod psych note early in the last DP I was alive...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 8:06:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This was an interesting game. Here is what I highlight as being the primary factors in the Mafia win:

1. Multiple mislynches due to the tracker/watcher framer. After the first mislynch, tracker/watcher results should have been discounted, especially after FT admitted to RBing LK. The mislynch on johnny should never have happened.

2. medic's pseudo-confirmation due to TUF's role. As much credit is given to me, the fact of the matter is, it was TV's choices that got the town to LYLO and, once there, I doubt there was any way the town would have lynched medic before VK or airmax.

And that's about it. That's why we won, pretty much.

I know VK is pissed but... well, that's what happens when you are inactive. Play or die. You died.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 8:11:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/15/2012 6:42:54 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/15/2012 4:02:38 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:41:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 6/15/2012 3:18:29 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Not happy with how Medic was hidden and how drafterman was basically mod confirmed by TV's role saying there's a watcher...I'll post when im less angry.

TV's role wasn't supposed to be used to confirm alliances. Nothing in TV's role said that the watcher was town.

TV's role says he frames targets "to trackers and watchers". Given that, it made no sense to me that the Watcher could be mafia because then they would be framing their own role. Which is pointless since the mafia would know what really happened. So it only made sense for the Watcher to be town.

And you said in the OP that you purposely didnt give town a Doc just to make drafter easier to confirm

F-16 does not lke easy confirmations for town. My mod psych note early in the last DP I was alive...

Not really applicable since drafterman wasn't town. But I'm not going to continue the discussion since it won't change anything.

I should have known that Medic was mafia since he hadn't been mislynched yet, lol.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:38:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This was a really fun game. It sucks that I died though, death is inevtable in this game. I had quite a few fleeting thoughts that medic was mafia because of him trying to convince me that airmax wasn't town, but decided it wasn't big enough to really make a deal out of. This was fun, I should have asked to be a replacement lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 6:39:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Despite appearances, I was quite active this game. I read and reread day phases, but a definite element of luck played into it. You should have called me out for lurking way earlier, pressured me for my role and I probably would have fumbled, since I had no good fake claim. GG guys. ;) This will probably be my last game for a while. Simply don't have the time to write the long posts.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...