Jump to topic:

MQMQM Mafia Day Phase 2

Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 10:53:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
With the Oscars just beginning everybody is already talking about who is best dressed. Some are saying it's dead even right now between all of the usual picks. However, there have been some fashion failures. Medic showed up in full-drag and tripped just as he arrived, tearing his all-too-casual lavender man-bag. Private sources state that he lost a bet with some close friends that forced him to dress up as he did. He sure did pick the wrong friends.

Medic: "We had a plan and as soon as the DP went up he reversed it and posted a picture of a bus in them mafia pm. Btw, he did this because I used our frame on Medic NP1 and got him killed instead of waiving it." – Mestari, 5Ds Mafia Endgame

In 5Ds mafia I was leading a team that was rather new to mafia so I took lead and unilaterally overruled the decision to waive the frame NP1 and used it on a townie player, who was investigated and lynched the following DP. A teammate was upset that I had done this and proceeded to bus me. Now, this quote isn't used out of spite, but representative of a player bussing a mafia teammate in order to gain more control. As such, you are the usurper. You win if the mafia wins and the Godfather is dead. Be warned, another player in the mafia knows that there is a usurper and their goal is to kill you. You can still win if you die, but only if the Godfather dies first. If the Godfather dies, the anti-usurper no longer needs to kill you as they have already failed to protect the Godfather.

http://www.debate.org...

The next fashion disaster came when VK was accused of stealing somebody's snarky white suit. He was the less popular of the two bickerers so the majority of the actors booed him out of the Oscars.

VK: You do not have a quote; therefore, you are vanilla.

Finally we get to the dirt of the day. TUF was supposed to be showing off a multi-thousand dollar designer suit. However, a certain somebody appeared to have contacts with his designer and payed them off to delay it all together, causing TUF to come in simply jeans and a tshirt.

TUF: "If you're very good, tomorrow night I'll tell you the story of emperor Claudius who was betrayed by those closest to him, by his own blood. They whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired but the emperor Claudius knew they were up to something. He knew they were busy little bees. And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, ‘Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. You shall watch as I bathe in their blood.'" – Commodus, Gladiator.

Commodus was able to find out what others were doing while they believed nobody was watching. You are the tracker. Every night you may select one player and see who they visit during the night.

There was one last victim of the fashion meltdown as well. This was was most definitely a group effort. It seems that as Johnny walked down the red carpet a bunch of teenagers soaked him with water balloons.

Johnnyboy54: "That's kryptonite Superman, little souvenir from the old hometown. I spared no expense to make you feel at home." – Lex Luthor, Superman: The Movie

Just as Superman's powers are negated by kryptonite, you MUST choose one player per night to roleblock.

Living Players

1. Drafterman
2. Blackvoid
3. Logic
4. F-16
5. IFLY
6. LK
7. Airmax
8. MasterKage
9. Budda
10. HCP
11. FourTrouble

With 11 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

I decided to get the DP up because some players are more active during the night. Because I promised DPs would be delayed until 8AM EST I am not going to officially start the time until then. The DP will end at 10AM EST (50 hours) Thursday, giving you some time to make last-minute adjustments in the morning.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 11:02:29 PM
VK: You do not have a quote; therefore, you are vanilla.

VTL HcP
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 11:28:53 PM
Medic's quote refers to HCP. Mestari is still PO'd about the involuntary bussing, so I predicted before the game that HCP would have a crap role. So I wasn't surprised when he claimed vanilla, and I still definently see mestari giving him that role.

The problem is, like I said last DP, VK's role justification directly contradicts HCP's. VK's role - vanilla because he doesn't have a quote. But HCP is claiming Vanilla *with* a quote. So either he's mafia or Mestari wrote contradicting role PMs.

But it seems dumb for HCP to fake CC vanilla as mafia (inb4 WIFOM). Budda you are rushing into this way too fast. We hear from HCP first and then get necessary claims before making a decision on him.

There were 3 deaths if you include Medic. If we assume that the Day SK killed Medic, then that leaves Johnny and TUF as night kills. I dont see why the mafia would have 2 NKs, so there is some other reason. Mestari used a mafia PGO in the Shana game, which could account for an extra death, but considering how it lead to 8 deaths NP1, I'm not sure why he would use it again. Vig kill is also possible, but I dont see why vig would kill NP1. Neither TUF or Johnny was acting suspicious. If the Vig killed somebody, either stop killing pl0x or come forward so we can avoid a repeat of last NP.

Anyway, waiting on guilty results.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 11:31:58 PM
Wait I forgot that roles were randomized. So forget my mod psych about HCP. In that case, its not looking good for you.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 11:37:40 PM
At 6/18/2012 11:31:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Wait I forgot that roles were randomized. So forget my mod psych about HCP. In that case, its not looking good for you.

I still don't get why he cc VK. That is just about that stupidest thing you can do as mafia...

Maybe that is what mafia is counting on? "HCP would never cc VK if he was mafia because that would just be dumb!"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 11:59:59 PM
I am going crazy with the number of games that are going on and it is really confusing when they are all in DP2/NP2. I'll try to keep track of which is which though.

Sig worthy comment:

BlackVoid, you are right. Capping the number of mafia games played might be a pretty good idea. Although, it is partly the players responsibility to not sign up for too many, once it is done, there is no way out except a (gasp) request to be replaced which I will try not to do.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:01:38 AM
At 6/18/2012 11:59:59 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am going crazy with the number of games that are going on and it is really confusing when they are all in DP2/NP2. I'll try to keep track of which is which though.

Sig worthy comment:

BlackVoid, you are right. Capping the number of mafia games played might be a pretty good idea. Although, it is partly the players responsibility to not sign up for too many, once it is done, there is no way out except a (gasp) request to be replaced which I will try not to do.

Just do what I do, only sign up for 1 game at a time. That way you can be as active as possible. You also have more free time!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:17:07 AM
At 6/19/2012 12:01:38 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/18/2012 11:59:59 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Sig worthy comment:

Just do what I do, only sign up for 1 game at a time. That way you can be as active as possible. You also have more free time!

But if you are killed NP1 or NP2? What then? Signing up for more games is like an insurance policy. But if they are all in DP2, it kinda gets confusing.

Consider Medic for instance, he got killed NP1 in 2 different games.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:16:35 AM
Mod Note: Somebody asked so I just wanted to be clear, you are allowed to copy and paste your quote, it's your character. You cannot copy and paste your entire role pm.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 6:25:00 AM
At 6/19/2012 5:26:59 AM, drafterman wrote:
Sorry, I don't see player affiliations in the OP? Is Johnny townie roleblocked or mafia roleblocker?

All mafiosos are told they are mafiosos in their role pms.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 7:30:22 AM
Ok, I'm going to just come clear, in case it comes out later and I look suspicious for not outing earlier.

I'm the vigilante.

I killed TUF.

Why?

Well, read his quote, then read mine:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." – Maximus Decimus Meridius, Gladiator.

That, plus the wording of my PM, implied (to me) that Commodus was anti-town and TUF claimed a Commodus quote. So either this was misdirection by the Mod as a matter of game balance (kind of like having a hidden miller and expecting them to get lynched) or there is another Commodus quote floating around.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 12:05:02 PM
Okay, I understand I look really guilty, especially with VK dead as vanilla. But I really am a vanilla.

Now, onto the Drafter fiasco. If there is no cc to his vig claim, then we can be assured that he is town.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:28:21 PM
At 6/19/2012 12:05:02 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
Okay, I understand I look really guilty, especially with VK dead as vanilla. But I really am a vanilla.

Cool story, wish we could just trust ur word, but if we're smart, we lynch you. Investigative results mean nil given you could have been lawyered or be GF.

You said yourself that it is highly Unlikely that there would Be two vanillas in a game this size. Not only that, VK's role PM had no quote, you said yours does. With VK's death we have conclusive proof that no quote= no role.

You have a quote, therefore you are not a vanilla, and thus have lied.

Now, onto the Drafter fiasco. If there is no cc to his vig claim, then we can be assured that he is town.

Lolwut?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:36:04 PM

Thats not much of a defense...do you have any logical reasons that you are town given VK's role?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:36:41 PM
At 6/19/2012 1:34:30 PM, TUF wrote:
Last night I tracked F-16 to medic.

VTL F-16.

I watched Johnny and saw Royal visit. VTL Royal.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:42:45 PM

VTL F-16.

Medic was mafia, so hooray for F-16? Either way, A role claim is justified.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:45:47 PM
At 6/19/2012 1:36:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

VTL F-16.

This is much better than TUF's tracker results. Johnny was quite obviously the mafia NK, as evidenced by the OP,

"There was one last victim of the fashion meltdown as well. This was was most definitely a group effort. It seems that as Johnny walked down the red carpet a bunch of teenagers soaked him with water balloons."

GG mafia, Unvote VTL RoyalPaladin. HcP is likely the GF so he can stay alive.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:47:26 PM
But about what you said, the kill being a group effort confuses me. Even if Johnny was the mafia NK, the kill is still only performed by 1 person.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:47:34 PM
At 6/19/2012 1:45:47 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/19/2012 1:36:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

VTL F-16.

This is much better than TUF's tracker results. Johnny was quite obviously the mafia NK, as evidenced by the OP,

"There was one last victim of the fashion meltdown as well. This was was most definitely a group effort. It seems that as Johnny walked down the red carpet a bunch of teenagers soaked him with water balloons."

GG mafia, Unvote VTL RoyalPaladin. HcP is likely the GF so he can stay alive.

Lol, I thought you were serious for a moment.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:54:55 PM
At 6/19/2012 1:47:26 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
But about what you said, the kill being a group effort confuses me. Even if Johnny was the mafia NK, the kill is still only performed by 1 person.

I'm thinking there is maybe another party or secondary mafia. It's been done before.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 1:55:44 PM
At 6/19/2012 1:36:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Thats not much of a defense...do you have any logical reasons that you are town given VK's role?

I don't have any logical reason that I am town. There is no way that I can prove it to you.

I get investigated inno, you'll say I'm the godfather.
I get investigated town, you'll say that I'm mafia.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 2:17:52 PM
HCP I just looked up your claim again. Your original claim was "I love vanilla ice cream, from Spinko". Then you gave this link to where it was said - http://www.debate.org...

There's a couple problems.

First, the quote wasnt from Spinko, it was from Budda.

More importantly, that quote was written on June 16, 8:04 AM.

However, Mestari said in the mod list thread that the game was already finished and designed, on June 15, 12:43 PM - http://www.debate.org....

That was one day before your quote was ever provided. Meaning your quote couldnt be in this game because the game design was finished before your quote was even written.

VTL HCP
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 2:17:52 PM
At 6/19/2012 1:46:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Uh Budda, TUF isnt in the game and neither is Royal. We're just trolling, lol.

For real? Welp, nvm then
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion