Jump to topic:

MQMQM Mafia Day Phase 3

Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 1:38:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We are well underway and the frontrunners are strutting their stuff. However, our coverage this time around is going to be focused on the nominees that everybody is outraged about. It was announced that HCP was nominated for best actor, and nearly everybody petitioned to remove him from the running.

HCP: "‘I love Vanilla Ice cream.' Now spinko, tell me what my favorite ice cream is. Think its Vanilla? Nope, I just love vanilla, doesnt mean its my favorite." – Buddamoose, Vito's Revenge Mafia DP2

You are like vanilla ice cream. You are vanilla.

Next up, for best supporting role was LK. Instead of a public outcry, he was pushed down the stairs and sent to the hospital. If that wasn't enough, the culprit then paid a nurse to overdose him.

LK: "[Y]ou are DOM COBB from INCEPTION. Your ability to infiltrate people's dreams allows you to discern their deepest, darkest secrets. Each night, investigate a player innocent or guilty. You win with the town." – F-16, Action Movies Mafia DP7

You are the cop.

Living Players

1. Drafterman
2. Blackvoid
3. Logic
4. F-16
5. IFLY
6. Airmax
7. TUF
8. Budda
9. FourTrouble

With 9 players remaining it takes 5 votes to lynch. This DP ends at 2:40PM EST Saturday. I recommend everybody take their time and reread the past DPs. This DP is very important for every player in the game. Good luck.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 1:40:48 PM
Links to the quotes:

HCP: http://www.debate.org...

LK: http://www.debate.org...
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 1:53:01 PM
Told ya.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 1:59:24 PM
At 6/21/2012 1:38:46 PM, Mestari wrote:
HCP: "‘I love Vanilla Ice cream.' Now spinko, tell me what my favorite ice cream is. Think its Vanilla? Nope, I just love vanilla, doesnt mean its my favorite." – Buddamoose, Vito's Revenge Mafia DP2

Mestari, are you serious? You added his quote in mid-game?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:07:53 PM
Dead
Medic - Mestari, 5DS Mafia - Usurper - Third Party
VK - No Quote - Vanilla - Town
TUF - Commodus, Gladiator - Tracker - Town
Johnnyboy - Lex Luthor, Supermam - Roleblocker - Town
HCP - spinko, Vito's Revenge - Vanilla
LK- Dom Cobb- Cop

Role Claimed
1. Drafterman - Maximus, Gladiator - Vigilante
2. TUF2 (MasterKage) - Epic mafia qoute - Tracker

Unclaimed
3. Blackvoid
4. Logic
5. F-16
6. IFLY
7. LK
8. Airmax
9. Budda
10. FourTrouble
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:08:21 PM
At 6/21/2012 2:07:53 PM, TUF wrote:
Dead
Medic - Mestari, 5DS Mafia - Usurper - Third Party
VK - No Quote - Vanilla - Town
TUF - Commodus, Gladiator - Tracker - Town
Johnnyboy - Lex Luthor, Supermam - Roleblocker - Town
HCP - spinko, Vito's Revenge - Vanilla
LK- Dom Cobb- Cop

Role Claimed
1. Drafterman - Maximus, Gladiator - Vigilante
2. TUF2 (MasterKage) - Epic mafia qoute - Tracker

Unclaimed
3. Blackvoid
4. Logic
5. F-16
6. IFLY
7. Airmax
8. Budda
9. FourTrouble
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:12:45 PM
I haven't been checking this game often enough and I just realized that my role is scummy so I'll claim right away. I am the bodyguard. Protected BlackVoid both NPs. I wasn't following the game so I just protected the best player on the off chance that mafia kills him.

This is my quote: "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath." – Godfrey of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

Do we only have quotes from DDO members? Because mine isn't.

Justification for BG - My (Balian's) father gave me an oath to protect the helpless at all costs. Don't even know who Balian is by the way.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:18:31 PM
Mestari used a Bodyguard in his last game, so seems legit for now.

TUF hasnt explained why he wants Logic to claim yet, but I'll assume he has a good reason. VTL Logic for claim.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:30:15 PM
At 6/21/2012 2:18:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Mestari used a Bodyguard in his last game, so seems legit for now.

TUF hasnt explained why he wants Logic to claim yet, but I'll assume he has a good reason. VTL Logic for claim.

Just random pressure, and we still have plenty of claims to get out. HE is generally pretty inactive, so I figure might as well pressure him for a claim sooner rather than later.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:36:38 PM
At 6/21/2012 1:59:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/21/2012 1:38:46 PM, Mestari wrote:

Mestari, are you serious? You added his quote in mid-game?

I said the game was finished, and it was. And then I decided to change a quote while keeping roles and such the same, because the quote was funny. Anybody could have asked if I made any changes and I would have told them I did. Nobody bothered.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:40:09 PM
About to be Muted

Logic - 2/5 - TUF, BV
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:44:33 PM
At 6/21/2012 2:43:18 PM, TUF wrote:
Unvote. I didn't know a hammer was that close...

Unvote VTL FT. FT is more inactive and i dont think he's posted a single time. Plus he;s online right now so we get a claim sooner.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:52:04 PM
At 6/21/2012 2:44:33 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/21/2012 2:43:18 PM, TUF wrote:
Unvote. I didn't know a hammer was that close...

Unvote VTL FT. FT is more inactive and i dont think he's posted a single time. Plus he;s online right now so we get a claim sooner.

How many mafia are dead? I want to be careful with lynch votes, as if there is at least 3 then an easy hammer can be achieved.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 2:52:53 PM
1 mafia died, presumable from the day serial killer. Considering that they didnt kill last DP though, its probable that its an inactive who just never checked in.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 3:14:19 PM
Whooooooooooo
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 3:24:49 PM
At 6/21/2012 2:54:15 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Do you have any useful tracker results?

I don't think so. I am going to hold out on them for now though until we get the rest of the claims.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:18:51 PM
This is my quote: "Your quality will be known among your enemies, before ever you meet them," spoken by Imad. It is from the movie Kingdom of Heaven.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:55:20 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:52:40 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Could you explain more?

I think we are at, or close to, LYLO, increasing the odds that just anyone is mafia through random chance.

Your implicit trust of the BG claim, simply because the role has been used in previous claims.

Plus your implicit trust in TUFs vote, without reason, despite being so close to LYLO.

I don't believe you are normally this trusting or this careless.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:55:56 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:55:20 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/21/2012 4:52:40 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Could you explain more?

I think we are at, or close to, LYLO, increasing the odds that just anyone is mafia through random chance.

Your implicit trust of the BG claim, simply because the role has been used in previous games

Fixed

Plus your implicit trust in TUFs vote, without reason, despite being so close to LYLO.

I don't believe you are normally this trusting or this careless.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:59:49 PM
I never said I bought TUFs role, I really havent said anything about it tbh. Nobody has. I'll pay more attention to it when more claims are out. As for F-16, I said i buy it "for now". Again, subject to change depending on future claims. I'll claim a quote anyway though. Its from Harry Potter.

"I think I've actually held the Resurrection Stone in my hands, that night in Dumbledore'office when he showed me the ring he'd destroyed, the Horcrux. It had a symbol on it." - Harry, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Why do you think we're at LYLO with a mafioso dead?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 5:06:03 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:59:49 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I never said I bought TUFs role, I really havent said anything about it tbh. Nobody has. I'll pay more attention to it when more claims are out.

I didn't say his role, I said his vote. As in, his vote against logic.

As for F-16, I said i buy it "for now". Again, subject to change depending on future claims. I'll claim a quote anyway though. Its from Harry Potter.

What's does buying it for now have to do with its use in previous games?

"I think I've actually held the Resurrection Stone in my hands, that night in Dumbledore'office when he showed me the ring he'd destroyed, the Horcrux. It had a symbol on it." - Harry, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Why do you think we're at LYLO with a mafioso dead?

15 players. 5 mafia, one of which was an Usurper (negative utility), is not out of line. It'd make it 5v4 now and, hence, LYLO.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 5:10:52 PM
Oh, well TUF claimed tracker and pulled Logic out of thin air. When he didnt immediately respond when I asked him why Logic, I figured he had a result on him but wasnt trying to out it yet, similar to what Medic did to you in Countries.

Bodyguard isnt really a common role, but considering the mod has used it before, it increases the likelihood if it being used again. Not guaranteed, hence the "for now", but worthy of not zoning in on until all claims are out.

@LYLO, if there were 5 mafia, and therefore 4 right now, thats pretty OP. They would only need 3 mislynches to win after a DP1 VTNl.