Item's Mafia - DAY PHASE THREE

Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:38:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Made Obsolete in the Night:

USM: You are the SECURITY CAMERA. You were designed to monitor buildings and protect it against intruders. As such, you are the WATCHER. Each night, you may visit a player and watch them. You will then receive a report detailing all the other players who visited the player you watched, that night. You win with the cult.

Dead Last DP:

West:
You are LSD. You are a strong, illegal, street drug. When people take you, they have severe hallucinations, and often don't know what they're doing. They see things that aren't there. As such, you are the RANDOMIZER. Each night phase, you may target another player and randomize their night action. They will use their action on another random player. Beware, they could randomize their actions onto mafia. You win with the mafia.

Living Players:

2. F16
3. Viper King
4. BuddaMoose
7. Caveat
8. Fourtrouble
9. Drafter
10. TUF
12. Ober
13. MasterKage (Replaced IFLY)
14. Johnny
15. Airmax
16. Bossy (Replaced Dninja)
17. LK
18. Vmpire
19. Andro
21. Mestari

Dead Players:

1. Medic
11. Bossy (1)
6. MasterKage (1)
20. West
5. USM

With 16 Players, it takes 9 Votes to Lynch.

The DP will end at 7PM DDO Time on Saturday. If there is no decision, I will auto lynch the person with the most votes. In the event of a tie, there will be a VTNL
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:39:03 PM
I used my ability on USM funnily enough.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:40:22 PM
Shalom.

I'm glad that USM died, because I attempted to recruit him and if it went through, I would have been killed.

A tracker can confirm this.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:40:29 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:39:46 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
lol I copied western's role and used it on myself - that must be how I targeted either USM or drafter...

That's what I said last DP. Anyway, who defended USM DP2 that didn't explicitly defend him DP1?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:41:48 PM
lol I copied western's role and used it on myself - that must be how I targeted either USM or drafter...

So you copying Western's role caused you to randomize your mimic?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:42:53 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:40:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Shalom.

I'm glad that USM died, because I attempted to recruit him and if it went through, I would have been killed.

Masons kill cult.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:42:59 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I think I copied western's role, but when I used it on myself, it randomized my action so I ended up randomizing someone else.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:43:28 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:42:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Shalom.

Masons kill cult.

Hm...? Cult kill Masons when they try to recruit them.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:44:17 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:42:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 6/21/2012 4:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I think I copied western's role, but when I used it on myself, it randomized my action so I ended up randomizing someone else.

That's a very...peculiar order of night action resolution. Regardless, I believe you for the time being.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:44:39 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:43:28 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 6/21/2012 4:42:53 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Shalom.

Masons kill cult.

Hm...? Cult kill Masons when they try to recruit them.

I thought only Maf kill masons.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:45:08 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:39:03 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

why would you do this? USM had already claimed (and had counter-claimed someone), so it was very likely he was actually the watcher - and drafter explicitly told you to use your role on people who hadn't claimed so that you could catch them out if they tried to fake-claim... you need to explain why you visited the person who died...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:45:27 PM
Called it. From last DP:

Disclaimer
What follows is completely baseless speculation.
End Disclaimer

What if west was a randomizer? That is, he targets someone, and they use their role on a random target. So, he targets either me or USM. Let's say he targets USM, and USM's target is randomized to Ober.

Now, FT copies west's role and uses it on himself. But, by using it on himself, he randomizes himself to use it on me, and randomizes my target so I end up copying bossy, instead of west.

Alternatively, you can swap me and USM above with no alteration in the outcome.

EXTREMELY unlikely, but it explains why USM and I were redirected, but FT was not.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:46:06 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:45:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
Called it. From last DP:

Disclaimer
What follows is completely baseless speculation.
End Disclaimer

What if west was a randomizer? That is, he targets someone, and they use their role on a random target. So, he targets either me or USM. Let's say he targets USM, and USM's target is randomized to Ober.

Now, FT copies west's role and uses it on himself. But, by using it on himself, he randomizes himself to use it on me, and randomizes my target so I end up copying bossy, instead of west.

Alternatively, you can swap me and USM above with no alteration in the outcome.

EXTREMELY unlikely, but it explains why USM and I were redirected, but FT was not.

Yes, I was very impressed.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:46:39 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:45:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

why would you do this? USM had already claimed (and had counter-claimed someone), so it was very likely he was actually the watcher - and drafter explicitly told you to use your role on people who hadn't claimed so that you could catch them out if they tried to fake-claim... you need to explain why you visited the person who died...

Because of the whole randomizing thing. If he told the truth, you would be inno and visa-versa.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:46:45 PM
Official Vote Count:

Budda - 1/9 - Fourtrouble

The DP will end at 7PM DDO Time on Saturday. If there is no decision, I will auto lynch the person with the most votes. In the event of a tie, there will be a VTNL
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:47:56 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:46:39 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Because of the whole randomizing thing. If he told the truth, you would be inno and visa-versa.

your explanation makes no sense... USM told the truth - the question was whether western was lying or whether I was lying - and it turns out western was lying, as you can see from his role. your night-action makes absolutely no sense...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:50:07 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:47:56 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

your explanation makes no sense... USM told the truth - the question was whether western was lying or whether I was lying - and it turns out western was lying, as you can see from his role. your night-action makes absolutely no sense...

The question was whether USM, West, or you were lying. West was already dead, so I wanted conformation if he flipped Inno.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:50:09 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:49:15 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
something is seriously odd about bossy - he's a role-cop who decided to visit USM last night - and USM died.

Are you implying that he is cult?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:51:04 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:50:09 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 6/21/2012 4:49:15 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
something is seriously odd about bossy - he's a role-cop who decided to visit USM last night - and USM died.

Are you implying that he is cult?

or mafia.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:51:08 PM
VTL bossy

You should have visited an unclaimed. Possibly you did, but don't want to tell us because you're mafia. Rolecop is usually mafia. I have a copy of your role, so it doesn't hurt to lose you.

I gave a one shot of your role to someone else.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:52:14 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:50:07 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 6/21/2012 4:47:56 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

The question was whether USM, West, or you were lying. West was already dead, so I wanted conformation if he flipped Inno.

There was no question of USM lying. It was between me, FT, west, and LK. USM was all but confirmed, which is why he was probably recruited.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:52:53 PM
Official Vote Count:

Budda - 1/9 - Fourtrouble
Bossy - 1/9 - Drafter

FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:54:54 PM
drafter, wait a second before lynching him - I find it hard to believe HCP would put both bossy and western on the mafia - it would make it too easy for us to catch them, as they are both inexperienced and would probably have to claim on DP1. He might just be noob.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:56:09 PM
I find Budda's behavior is off, and I also think we need to put pressure on inactive players (there's a lot of them), before we decide to lynch bossy.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:57:40 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:56:09 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I find Budda's behavior is off, and I also think we need to put pressure on inactive players (there's a lot of them), before we decide to lynch bossy.

How is Budda behavior off?

Also, what were your actions last night?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:59:17 PM
At 6/21/2012 4:57:40 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/21/2012 4:56:09 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

How is Budda behavior off?

Also, what were your actions last night?

I copied USM and watched you. No one visited. I was thinking of watching USM but I honestly didn't think the mafia would kill him...