Jump to topic:

Vito's Revenge- DP 5

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:14:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
"We all made it through the night. This is a good sign", the Don said. "The tides are turning gentlemen. Apparently we have the right people in the right places".

"One of their guys didn't make it though, boss. Bobby Bacalieri is dead", one of the capos piped in.

"Good work. How about this renegade that killed Don Soprano, have we found out who he is yet??", he asked. "No Don Scaletta, we don't know who he is, but we think he works on his own because we can't find out much about him", replied the Underboss. The Don thought for a moment, then said "Keep looking. Find him and bring him to me. He killed a Don, and still no one seems to know who he is. We could use a guy with those talents".
Sleeps with the fishes:

LK- Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri- You are a Caporegime for the Soprano Family. Each night you may roleblock one player. You may not block the same player more than once every third night. You win with the Soprano Family (Mafia).

Bobby Bacalieri- You are a caporegime for the Soprano Family. Each night you may choose from the following action: Role Cop/Watcher/Goon. You must use all three actions before re-using any of them. You win with the Soprano Family (Mafia).

Spinko- Godfather- Soprano
Vampire- Joat- Soprano
TUF- Spy (Cop)- Scaletta
Royal- Bodyguard- Scaletta
DetectableNinja- Messenger- Scaletta
Drafter- Informer- Scaletta
Active Players:

1. Budda- Replaced by Drafter2
2. Johnny
5. THEBOMB
7. IFLY
9. FourTrouble
10. Oberherr- Replaced by Royal2
13. Blackhawk1331- Replaced by TUF2
14. HCP
16. Airmax
17. F-16 Falcon
19. caveat
20. Andro- Replaced by Mestari

With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch.

Andiamo!!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:29:52 AM
Dead
Drafter(1) -Christopher Multisanti- receives pieces of information- town
Royal(1)- Brian O'Neill- Bodyguard- town
DetectableNinja- Leo Galante- Messenger- town
Spinko- Don Anthony Soprano- Godfather and Recruiter- mafia
Vmpire- Silvio Dante- Framer/Lawyer/Messenger- mafia
TUF(1) - "Big Pusspy" Bonpensiero - Even night cop
LK - Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri - Roleblocker - Mafia
Budda(2) - Bobby Bacalieri - Rolecop/Watcher/Goon - Mafia

Role Claims
1) Drafter(2) - Luca Garino - Miller
2) THEBOMB - El Greco - Odd night Doc
3) F-16 - Henry Thomasino - Odd night Watcher
4) IFLY - Eddie Scarpa - Hitman (night gunsmith - makes player overeager)
5) HCP - Tom Hagen - Vanilla (gains ability when "something happens"?)
6) TUF(2) - Luca Brasi - Flavored cop
7) Royal(2) - Aldo Trapani - Odd-Night cop

Character Claims
8) Airmax - Hyman Roth
9) Caveat - Don Vito Scaletta

No claims
10) Johnny
11) FourTrouble
12) Budda(2)
13) Mestari
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:30:01 AM
That's weird. Whoever prevented the NK, out please.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:31:20 AM
I'm just going to claim now because it would be scummy to wait. I would have claimed last dp but I wasn't caught up before it ended.

Burt Gervasi- You are a member of the Soprano family, but soon attempted to join a rival family, the Lupertazzi family. Sil would have you killed for this, but Don Scaletta believes that you could be of use to him and offers you his protection. Using the information you have from your time in the Soprano family you are able to prevent one of their hits. One night you may prevent the mafia night kill. The Don does not know where you will fit into his organization quite yet, but you may be assigned a static job (role) later on. You win with the Scaletta Family (Town).

I gained my new role when Sil died, presumably because I no longer feared him killing me. I am able to give out inside information about mafia frame operations, hence I'm the flavor cop. I can see what flavor other players have like miller or flavored cop. Medic confirmed I could use it to see when HCP gets his power and I found out he gets a 1x revive when all of the cult are dead. I decided to use my power on him because he's vanilla an I actually had a strong power, so I supposed his hidden ability would be better, and I was right. Anyway, I used my ability to stop the mafia kill last night. It was forfeited every other night.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:31:27 AM
I think we're in a fantastic position currently. Secure enough that I think we can safely go with the results on Johnny.

VTL Johnny
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:34:25 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:31:20 AM, Mestari wrote:
I'm just going to claim now because it would be scummy to wait. I would have claimed last dp but I wasn't caught up before it ended.

Burt Gervasi- You are a member of the Soprano family, but soon attempted to join a rival family, the Lupertazzi family. Sil would have you killed for this, but Don Scaletta believes that you could be of use to him and offers you his protection. Using the information you have from your time in the Soprano family you are able to prevent one of their hits. One night you may prevent the mafia night kill. The Don does not know where you will fit into his organization quite yet, but you may be assigned a static job (role) later on. You win with the Scaletta Family (Town).

I gained my new role when Sil died, presumably because I no longer feared him killing me. I am able to give out inside information about mafia frame operations, hence I'm the flavor cop. I can see what flavor other players have like miller or flavored cop. Medic confirmed I could use it to see when HCP gets his power and I found out he gets a 1x revive when all of the cult are dead. I decided to use my power on him because he's vanilla an I actually had a strong power, so I supposed his hidden ability would be better, and I was right. Anyway, I used my ability to stop the mafia kill last night. It was forfeited every other night.

WTF, vmpire just posted something in the Items mafia game (here HCP is the mod about HCP using his 1x revive on him.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:35:23 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:34:25 AM, drafterman wrote:

WTF, vmpire just posted something in the Items mafia game (here HCP is the mod about HCP using his 1x revive on him.

lol
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:36:14 AM
Also, cult? we haven't killed any cult, which means we can expect 4 recruits, plus the leader. That basically puts us at MYLO with the cult.

Unvote
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:39:41 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:36:14 AM, drafterman wrote:
Also, cult? we haven't killed any cult, which means we can expect 4 recruits, plus the leader. That basically puts us at MYLO with the cult.

Unvote

What do you think are the chances that Budda was the last mafia? How many have we killed so far anyway? I'm still catching up a bit.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:41:09 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:39:41 AM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/25/2012 10:36:14 AM, drafterman wrote:

Unvote

What do you think are the chances that Budda was the last mafia? How many have we killed so far anyway? I'm still catching up a bit.

We've killed 4 mafia. In a 20 player game, with a cult. There is probably only 1 mafia left, assuming he hasn't been recruited.

I don't put it past HCP to be the cult leader, with a 1-shot revive given to him if all the cult members are killed but him.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:43:58 AM
So we're at either 5 cult : 1 mafia : 6 town or 5 cult : 7 town...

I'm not sure I even trust the results on johnny at this point now that cult has 5.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:44:50 AM
Dead
1) Drafter(1) -Christopher Multisanti- receives pieces of information- TOWN
2) Royal(1)- Brian O'Neill- Bodyguard- TOWN
3) DetectableNinja- Leo Galante- Messenger- TOWN
4) Spinko- Don Anthony Soprano- Godfather and Recruiter- MAFIA
5) Vmpire- Silvio Dante- Framer/Lawyer/Messenger- MAFIA
6) TUF(1) - "Big Pusspy" Bonpensiero - Even night cop - TOWN
7) LK - Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri - Roleblocker - MAFIA
8) Budda(2) - Bobby Bacalieri - Rolecop/Watcher/Goon - MAFIA

Role Claims
1) Drafter(2) - Luca Garino - Miller
2) THEBOMB - El Greco - Odd night Doc
3) F-16 - Henry Thomasino - Odd night Watcher
4) IFLY - Eddie Scarpa - Hitman (night gunsmith - makes player overeager)
5) HCP - Tom Hagen - Vanilla (gains ability when "something happens"?)
6) TUF(2) - Luca Brasi - Flavored cop
7) Royal(2) - Aldo Trapani - Odd-Night cop
8) Mestari - Burt Gervasi - Flavored cop/night-kill stopper

Character Claims
9) Airmax - Hyman Roth
10) Caveat - Don Vito Scaletta

No claims
11) Johnny
12) FourTrouble - soft-claimed vig
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:47:30 AM
In "The Thing" Mafia, I was able to use results to work backwards to figure out the Mafia/Cultists were. I focused on figuring out who the recruit for specific NPs was/who was Mafia/Cult (they were the same thing in that game) on a particular NP.

My results are as follows:

1. DNinja is loyal (NP1)
2. F_16 is loyal (NP3)

So as of NP3, F_16 was not cult.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:48:06 AM
If we can get all of the mechanisms we had for confirmation arranged, we can probably figure out who the Cultists are logically. It shouldn't be too difficult.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:48:11 AM
I was wrong about MYLO.... even if we don't lynch and the cult gets a recruit. That plus a mafia night kill ends the game.

Our only hope is to find and kill the cult leader and hope it's the kind that kills all the recruits too.

I propose mass role and results claim.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:48:55 AM
Okay, guys chill out. The existence of a cult is confirmed only if Mestari is town and telling the truth. If he merely waived the night kill to confirm himself (somewhat like mafia night-killing themselves in Spinko's game), then this would be the perfect opportunity to induce paranoia over the town and have them kill each other while Mestari coasts to a win.

I doubt the existence of a cult since if there are about 5 cult right now, odds are somewhere along the way, a cultist must have shown up dead.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:49:10 AM
Okay, since we could be at MYLO, I will out a masonage.

I attempted to recruit FT NP4, but failed. I was not roleblocked because F-098 revealed his results and saw me visiting FT.

VTL FT
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:51:41 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:49:10 AM, caveat wrote:

I attempted to recruit FT NP4, but failed. I was not roleblocked because F-098 revealed his results and saw me visiting FT.

VTL FT

Who are the rest of the masons?
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 10:52:20 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:48:55 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Okay, guys chill out. The existence of a cult is confirmed only if Mestari is town and telling the truth. If he merely waived the night kill to confirm himself (somewhat like mafia night-killing themselves in Spinko's game), then this would be the perfect opportunity to induce paranoia over the town and have them kill each other while Mestari coasts to a win.

I doubt the existence of a cult since if there are about 5 cult right now, odds are somewhere along the way, a cultist must have shown up dead.

I don't think an every-night cult in this game would be balanced, especially with our odd/even investigative powers.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:03:24 AM

VTL FT

FT can't be Mafia. He's a Serial Killer at best because so many scum have died in the NPs.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:04:20 AM
At 6/25/2012 11:03:24 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

VTL FT

FT can't be Mafia. He's a Serial Killer at best because so many scum have died in the NPs.

You forget about the gunsmith.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:05:37 AM
@Vmpire asking to be revived in Item's Mafia. The mafia had a role cop and may have copped HCP and been told about his flavor. That could be how Vmpire knew.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:08:21 AM
At 6/25/2012 10:52:20 AM, caveat wrote:
At 6/25/2012 10:48:55 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I don't think an every-night cult in this game would be balanced, especially with our odd/even investigative powers.

I suppose this is actually a good point. Plus, knowing Medic he loves to use roles that are restricted to certain nights. I actually do not remember a game modded by him where he did not use such roles. Maybe Bond mafia? We have already seen the mafia have a JOAT with repetitive powers that couldn't be used every NP, so it makes sense for the Cult Recruiter to be unable to recruit every night.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 11:16:20 AM

I gained my new role when Sil died, presumably because I no longer feared him killing me. I am able to give out inside information about mafia frame operations, hence I'm the flavor cop. I can see what flavor other players have like miller or flavored cop.

You are counterclaiming an already existing role by claiming a very similar role. Now, let's consider the fact that we have two investigators and a role (TUF's) which can re-investigate players and get a guaranteed accurate result, why do we need your role too in addition to that? Town would be way overpowered with your role, as well as TUF's.

Medic confirmed I could use it to see when HCP gets his power and I found out he gets a 1x revive when all of the cult are dead. I decided to use my power on him because he's vanilla an I actually had a strong power, so I supposed his hidden ability would be better, and I was right. Anyway, I used my ability to stop the mafia kill last night. It was forfeited every other night.

A 1X reviver as well in addition to all of these power roles? Even if he gets a 1X revive, he gets it when all the cult are dead (when town is in a fairly powerful position having eliminated one scum faction) and we haven't even proven the existence of a cult.

I don't buy Mestari's claim at all, but first, we get a mass claim and a list of night actions from all of the players.