6/26/2012 9:15:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
After 6 grueling DPs, first place is awarded:

Jointly to the Serial Killer and Mafia!

1st place

SK: Drafter
Mafia: BV, Airmax, IFLY

2nd Place

Town: F-16 (HCP 2), FT (HCP 3), Logic, Budda, Johnnyboy54, TUF, MasterKage (TUF 2), LK, VK, HCP

3rd Place

Usurper: Medic
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:16:17 PM
Roles

Town

1. Bodyguard
2. Doctor/BP
3. Hunter
4. Apprentice
5. Roleblocker
6. Tracker
7. Tracker
8. Cop
9. Vanilla
10. Vanilla

Third Party

11. Serial Killer

Mafia

12. Godfather
13. Usurper
14. Anti-Usurper
15. Goon

Characters

1. "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath." – Godfrey of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

Balian held the oath given to him by his father to heart, protecting the helpless at all costs. Once per night you may protect one player. If they are targeted for a kill, you will die in their place.

http://www.metacafe.com...

2. "Your quality will be known among your enemies, before ever you meet them."

In the desert of Kerak, Balian slays a Saracen knight who laid claim to his horse. Afterwards Balian had the right to either kill or enslave his servant, Imad. The pure-hearted blacksmith chose neither option, and instead released him. Imad told him, "Your quality will be known among your enemies, before ever you meet them" and departed. Later, when captured in a skirmish with Saladin's men, Balian is condemned to death. As the executioner's sword is about to be thrust into his skull, he heard the words once passed onto him by a slave in the desert, only to realize that the supposed slave was Saladin's protégé. As you value life over death, you may save one player every night from being killed. Upon saving a guilty player, you will lose your ability to protect others and instead will become bulletproof. You will not be informed of when this change occurs; however, you will be told the first time you are targeted for a night kill after you become bulletproof.

http://movieclips.com...

3. "Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?" – Ash, Army of Darkness

You have a rather nice gun. It would be a shame not to use it before you die. When you are killed you may take your boomstick and introduce one other player to it. (You may choose one player to kill when you die.)

4. "It was a peaceful day." – Mestari, Shakugan no Shana DP2

This quote will forever live in infamy. It was the first sentence in the OP that required two posts just to copy and paste the role pms of everybody who had died. In the first night of my Shakugan no Shana game, 8 out of the 20 original players had died. Mods learn from their mistakes. You are the apprentice. You may select one player at any given point in the game, day phase or night phase. When they die you shall receive a modified version of their role.

http://www.debate.org...

5. "That's kryptonite Superman, little souvenir from the old hometown. I spared no expense to make you feel at home." – Lex Luthor, Superman: The Movie

Just as Superman's powers are negated by kryptonite, you MUST choose one player per night to roleblock.

6. "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." – Maximus Decimus Meridius, Gladiator.

You are the serial killer. There are no vigilantes and you are given the following justification:

Commodus was an evil ruler who murdered Marcus Aurelius, the Roman Emperor, prior to his announcement that you were his successor. As such, your goal is to kill him and all those who support his rule (i.e. the mafia).

You are also have the support of the people. As such, you will be investigated innocent by cops. Finally, you are locked up at night because you are still a slave. However, you have more freedom than the other gladiators due to who you are. Once during the game you can leave the house for your kill without worry that anybody will notice. Every non-killing role that targets you will be roleblocked.

7. "If you're very good, tomorrow night I'll tell you the story of emperor Claudius who was betrayed by those closest to him, by his own blood. They whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired but the emperor Claudius knew they were up to something. He knew they were busy little bees. And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, ‘Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. You shall watch as I bathe in their blood.'" – Commodus, Gladiator.

Commodus was able to find out what others were doing while they believed nobody was watching. You are the tracker. Every night you may select one player and see who they visit during the night.

8. "We had a plan and as soon as the DP went up he reversed it and posted a picture of a bus in them mafia pm. Btw, he did this because I used our frame on Medic NP1 and got him killed instead of waiving it." – Mestari, 5Ds Mafia Endgame

In 5Ds mafia I was leading a team that was rather new to mafia so I took lead and unilaterally overruled the decision to waive the frame NP1 and used it on a townie player, who was investigated and lynched the following DP. A teammate was upset that I had done this and proceeded to bus me. Now, this quote isn't used out of spite, but representative of a player bussing a mafia teammate in order to gain more control. As such, you are the usurper. You win if the mafia wins and the Godfather is dead. Be warned, another player in the mafia knows that there is a usurper and their goal is to kill you. You can still win if you die, but only if the Godfather dies first. If the Godfather dies, the anti-usurper no longer needs to kill you as they have already failed to protect the Godfather.

9. "Are you scared Luis? Because where you are right now, you're in a very dangerous place."

You are the anti-usurper. You know that there is a usurper in the mafia but you may not tell anybody else, in the DP or the NP. This includes claiming the anti-usurper or your power. You are loyal to your teammates and as such you are actively searching for the traitor. One time in the game during a day phase you may kill one of your mafia teammates. Be careful, however, for if they are not the usurper you will suffer severe consequences. The usurper knows that there is an anti-usurper but does not know who it is. The winner shall be decided by a game of wits.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:16:35 PM
10. "The most important thing in business is honesty, integrity, hard work, family, never forgetting where we came from. See you are what you are in this world. That's either one of two things. Either you're somebody, or you're nobody. Be right back."

You know the ins-and-outs of running a criminal organization. You are the Godfather. The cops are on your payroll. You will not be investigated guilty. And the people? They are scared of you, as indicated by not telling the police that you murdered a man in cold blood for everyone to see. Once per game you can silence the public (sorry, but by public I mean one player) for the following DP. Always remember, the most important thing is family, above all else. You protect your family, ya hear? In the mafia world, your partners in crime are your family. Make of that as you will.

11. You do not have a quote; therefore, you are vanilla.

12. "[Y]ou are DOM COBB from INCEPTION. Your ability to infiltrate people's dreams allows you to discern their deepest, darkest secrets. Each night, investigate a player innocent or guilty. You win with the town." – F-16, Action Movies Mafia DP7

You are the cop.

13. "Yup, that's me. I'm always the villain." – RoyalPaladin, her 100th post. (Sorry, I don't have a link to where it was posted, but it's in HCP's sig right now.)

You are simply on the bad guys' side. You are the mafia goon.

14. "‘I love Vanilla Ice cream.' Now spinko, tell me what my favorite ice cream is. Think its Vanilla? Nope, I just love vanilla, doesnt mean its my favorite." – Buddamoose, Vito's Revenge Mafia DP2

You are like vanilla ice cream. You are vanilla.

15. "The Tracker is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn who, if anybody, that player targeted the same night (but not the action the player performed)." - Mafiascum

You are the tracker.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net...

RNG

1. TUF
2. Drafterman
3. Blackvoid
4. Medic
5. Logic
6. F-16
7. IFLY
8. johnnyboy54
9. LK
10. Airmax
11. MasterKage
12. Budda
13. HCP
14. FourTrouble
15. VK

Godfather/Silencer – 3 – Blackvoid
Usurper – 4 – Medic
Anti-Usurper – 10 – Airmax
Goon – 4, 10, 4, 4, 7 – IFLYHIGH

Serial Killer – 10, 7, 2 – Drafterman

Bodyguard – 6 – F-16
Doctor/BP – 14 – FT
Hunter – 5 – Logic
Apprentice – 2, 3, 3, 3, 7, 12 – Budda
Roleblocker – 7, 7, 8 – Johnnyboy54
Tracker – 12, 10, 5, 1 – TUF
Tracker – 11 – MasterKage
Cop – 9 – LK
Vanilla – 2, 15 – VK
Vanilla – HCP (By Default: Last Player Remaining)

No Edits Made.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:16:57 PM
NP1:

1. TUF – Tracks HCP (Visits Nobody), Dies to Drafterman
2. Drafterman – Kill TUF
3. Blackvoid – No Power, Protected by F-16, Copped by LK (Godfather Protection)
4. Logic – No Power
5. F-16 – Protects BV
6. IFLY – Kill Johnny
7. johnnyboy54 – Roleblocks HCP (Preceded by Kill), Killed by IFLY
8. LK – Cops BV (Godfather Protection), Tracked by MasterKage
9. Airmax – No Power
10. MasterKage – Tracks LK (Sees him visit BV)
11. Budda – Waives Apprentice
12. HCP – No Power, Tracked by TUF (Preceded by Kill), Roleblocked by Johnnyboy54.
13. FourTrouble – Docs himself.

NP2:

1. Drafterman – Kill LK
2. Blackvoid – No Power, Protected by F-16, Protected by BV
3. Logic – No Power
4. F-16 – Protects BV
5. IFLY – No Power
6. LK – Cops Budda (Preceded by Kill), Killed by Drafter, Killed by Airmax
7. Airmax – Kill LK
8. MasterKage (TUF 2) – Track Logic
9. Budda – Waives Apprentice
10. FourTrouble – Protects BV (Loses Doc next NP and becomes BP)

NP3:

1. Drafterman – Kills TUF
2. Logic – No Power
3. F-16 (HCP 2) – Protects TUF (Preceded by Kill), Killed by Airmax
4. IFLY – No Power
5. Airmax – Kills HCP 2, Apprenticed by Budda
6. TUF – Tracks Budda, Protected by F-16 (HCP 2) (Preceded by Kill), Killed by Drafter
7. Budda – Apprentices Airmax, Tracked by TUF
8. FourTrouble – No Power

NP4:

1. Drafterman – Kills Budda, Uses Reverse Roleblock
2. Logic – Killed by Airmax, Kills Budda
3. IFLY – No Power
4. Airmax – Kills Logic
5. Budda – No Power, Killed by Drafter, Killed by Logic
6. FourTrouble (HCP 3) – No Power

NP 5:

1. Drafterman – Kills Airmax.
2. IFLY – No Power
3. Airmax – Kills HCP (Prevented by BP), Killed by Drafter.
4. HCP 3 – Killed by Airmax (Protected by BP)
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:17:45 PM
Had Drafter voted IFLY he would have tied with the town. Had Drafter been lynched the mafia would have tied with the town.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:20:24 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:17:45 PM, Mestari wrote:
Had Drafter voted IFLY he would have tied with the town. Had Drafter been lynched the mafia would have tied with the town.

Never mind. Guess there was no way for me to win by myself?

Also, my role suggested commodus was mafia. Mistake or misdirection?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:20:46 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:18:05 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Ok, so that is why the game did not end last DP. Good job to Budda for calling the last two mafia out.

)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:21:32 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:19:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I protected BlackVoid both NPs that I was active. Epic fail.

Don't worry, I got lynched anyway. I was gonna claim reviver but work got in the way and drafterman wouldn't wait, lol. Interesting game to say the least.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:22:04 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:20:24 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/26/2012 9:17:45 PM, Mestari wrote:

Never mind. Guess there was no way for me to win by myself?

You could have won by yourself by killing all of the mafia before the game ended, and then killing off the town.

Also, my role suggested commodus was mafia. Mistake or misdirection?

That had nothing to do with TUF, actually. I gave it to you as justification for being vig in terms of Gladiator, not in relation to other quotes. Also, TUF wasn't Commodus, his quote was simply said by Commodus. TUF was the quote.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:22:07 PM
Oooh does this mean I get to start my game now :D
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:22:55 PM
Hmm in retrospect it might have worked out better if I had let Medic live for a couple DPs.. although I've never been an anti-usurper and figured killing him 5 minutes into the game was best. Ironically, Medic used a fake quote in the mafia PM that convinced me he was the usurper, had he used his actual quote I would have had no idea..

Anyways, good game everyone
Debate.org Moderator
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:23:27 PM
So what did everyone think? I wanted the game to center more on behavioral analysis rather than investigations (props to BV for figuring this out). Did you enjoy it? Any suggestions to improve my next game?
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:24:10 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:22:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hmm in retrospect it might have worked out better if I had let Medic live for a couple DPs.. although I've never been an anti-usurper and figured killing him 5 minutes into the game was best. Ironically, Medic used a fake quote in the mafia PM that convinced me he was the usurper, had he used his actual quote I would have had no idea..

I honestly do not know how you don't think his real quote indicates he is the usurper. -_-
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:27:33 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:24:10 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/26/2012 9:22:55 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I honestly do not know how you don't think his real quote indicates he is the usurper. -_-

It just wouldn't have stuck out to me like his fake quote did.. He used godfather quote that was all about betrayal.. his real quote might have tipped me off, but it wouldn't have been as obvious to me.. I was also thinking it was Ifly cuz he claimed vanilla/goon right away
Debate.org Moderator
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:30:41 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:28:26 PM, drafterman wrote:
And interesting game that certainly challenged some common Mafia preconceptions.

All in all, good game.

That was definitely the goal! Thanks for the kind word.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:32:16 PM
D man kills me twice huh? Vendetta much? I know who I am killing next time I am SK/Vig.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:33:33 PM
After Airmax killed Medic, I had a crazy theory that every mafioso had win conditions to get each other killed, but that in reality, we could win together, similar to the different town factions in the Shana game all winning together. It seemed like something Mestari would do, and was kind of hinted at in my role pm saying that I had to "protect the family". Lol.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:34:32 PM
That was to tell you that Airmax was on your side if he claimed his real quote.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:36:38 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:32:16 PM, TUF wrote:
D man kills me twice huh? Vendetta much? I know who I am killing next time I am SK/Vig.

Read my role description dumfuk.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:43:30 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:36:38 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/26/2012 9:32:16 PM, TUF wrote:

Read my role description dumfuk.

You are the serial killer. There are no vigilantes and you are given the following justification:

Commodus was an evil ruler who murdered Marcus Aurelius, the Roman Emperor, prior to his announcement that you were his successor. As such, your goal is to kill him and all those who support his rule (i.e. the mafia).

You are also have the support of the people. As such, you will be investigated innocent by cops. Finally, you are locked up at night because you are still a slave. However, you have more freedom than the other gladiators due to who you are. Once during the game you can leave the house for your kill without worry that anybody will notice. Every non-killing role that targets you will be roleblocked

Explains the first kill (which I am sure you were torn up about killing m) *rolls eyes*.

The second one?

Anyways, whatever.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 10:04:58 PM
At 6/26/2012 9:48:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 6/26/2012 9:47:07 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I hate dying NP1...

Yeah, that was kind of my decision...sorry

Eh, I would have probably killed you first if I was mafia. Why did you kill me first? I figure some of the more experienced players were better choices for NK.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.