Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Item's Mafia ENDGAME

Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:38:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Places:

1st Place: TOWN and TUF and Budda
2nd Place: Mafia
3rd Place: Cult
4th Place: Bossy

Roles:

Town Roles (12)

You are the RECYCLING BIN. You recycle materials such as paper, cartons, and water bottles. You take the waste and re-form it into new products and materials. As such, you are the RECYCLER. Each night, you may visit a dead player and recycle them. When you recycle them, you will inherit their role and affiliation for one night phase. You may then use their role, after which, you will not be able to recycle them again. After the night phase, you will lose that role and return to your original state, of VANILLA. You win with the town.

You are the SECURITY CAMERA. You were designed to monitor buildings and protect it against intruders. As such, you are the WATCHER. Each night, you may visit a player and watch them. You will then receive a report detailing all the other players who visited the player you watched, that night. You win with the town.

You are the ENCYCLOPEDIA. You contain information and pretty much everything on Earth, which includes items. As such, you know every type of item and the function of that item. Therefore, you are the DESCRIPTIVE COP. Each night, you may visit another player. In the encyclopedia, you will look up that player's item, and receive an article detailing what type of item (e.g. stationary, cooking, etc.), as well as that item's purpose. You win with the town.

You are the 1GB USB FLASH DRIVE. You are used to transfer information and data between computers. You have a maximum capacity of 1GB. As such, you are the ROLE TRANSFERER. Each night, you may visit another player and copy their role onto your memory. You will not be told what role you have copied. Additionally, you may also choose to delete a role off your memory, as each role uses up 1GB of space. Each night, you may also choose instead to copy any role you have on your memory to another player. That player will then receive a 1-Shot Power of the role you copied. They will not be able to use this 1-Shot Power until the next NP. You will also inherit the affiliation of the role you currently have on your memory. You win with the town.

You are the GPS TRACKING DEVICE. You are used frequently in the secret service. You send signals to a satellite that indicates where the person you are tracking is on the planet. As such, you are the TRACKER. Each night, you may visit another player and plant a GPS signal on that player for the night phase. You will then discover who that player visits during the night phase. You win with the town.

You are the BACKPACK. You hold many different items inside of you. As such, you are the MASON RECRUITER. Each night, you may recruit, or add another item, into your backpack. You will die if you attempt to recruit mafia. You win with the town.

You are the POLYGRAPH. You are literally, a lie detector. Police officers use you to help determine lies during interrogation. As such, you are (surprise) the LIE DETECTOR. Each night, you may submit a statement written by any player (you must link me the page where that statement was said), and lie detect it to determine whether or not that statement was a lie. This counts as a visit. You win with the town.

You are the FIRST AID KIT. You house many medical supplies such as gauze, bandages, and splints. Your purpose is to provide immediate relief in case of accidents or emergencies. As such, you are the DOCTOR. Each night phase, you may visit another player and protect them for that night phase. You will also heal any sickness or virus that player may have. You win with the town.
You are the MIRROR. With nothing to reflect, nothing shows up on you. However, when an object is in front of you, you copy that object and show the same thing on yourself. As such, you are the MIMIC. Each night phase, you may visit one other item and become that item for that night phase. You will inherit that player's affiliation and role, however, you will not be told that role or affiliation. Then, you may visit another player and attempt to use that role on that player. You win with the town.

You are the SELF DESTRUCTING LOCK. Like a normal lock, you keep valuables from being stolen. However, you differ from a lock because if the wrong combination is entered, you will self-destruct. As such, you are the BYPASSING PGO. Like a normal PGO, you will kill anyone who visits you during the night. However, you may also visit another player each night and give them the combination. These players will be able to visit you without you and unlock you successfully. As such, these players will not die when visiting you. You win with the town.

You are the SLEDGEHAMMER. With your powerful, heavy blows, you can easily crack and break bones. Thus, you can also easily smash items, heck; you can even smash 10 items in a single blow. As such, you are the VIGILANTE. Each night, you may visit another player and smash yourself on them, attempting to kill them. You win with the town.

You are the SMARTPHONE. You have many tools at your disposal. As the smartphone, you have many abilities. You can play games, call, surf the web, etc. Whatever you need, you can download an app for it. You can do anything and everything. As such, you are the JOAT. You have a 1X Bulletproof, a 1X Role Cop, and a 1X Cop ability. You win with the town.

Mafia Roles (5)

You are the MARIJUANA JOINT. You get people high. There are also pushes to legalize you for commercial and casual use. If you become legalized, you will no longer be an illicit street drug. As such, you are the TURNCOAT. You are legalized when you get the Godfather killed. At that point, you will win ahead of the mafia. Otherwise, you win with the mafia.

You are the CIGARETTE. You are highly addictive due to your nicotine content, and you are the leading cause of lung cancer. As such, you are the VISITING GOON. Each night you may visit another player. You will then cause them to be addicted to cigarettes (You will receive information on their role. If you visit the same player twice, they will receive severe coughs, and become role blocked. ) If you visit the same player three times, that player will die during the next DP due to lung cancer. You win with the mafia.

You are ALCOHOL. When people drink you, they become drunk. When people become drunk, they stagger and do things they don't remember and don't intend to do. They are also easily influenced and emotional. As such, you are the REDIRECTOR. Each night, you may intoxicate another player, and redirect their action towards another player. That player will not remember the details of the night. You win with the mafia.

You are MORPHINE. You are a medicinal drug. On the surface, you look like a useful drug that assists recent car crash victims and surgery patients with dealing with the pain. The lesser known side of you is that you cause addictions and a "high" in people as well. In fact, and overdose of you can kill them. As such, you are the GODFATHER. You will appear innocent on all reports. You win with the mafia.

You are LSD. You are a strong, illegal, street drug. When people take you, they have severe hallucinations, and often don't know what they're doing. They see things that aren't there. As such, you are the RANDOMIZER. Each night phase, you may target another player and randomize their night action. They will use their action on another random player. Beware, they could randomize their actions onto mafia. You win with the mafia.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:38:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Third Party Roles (3)

You are the GUN. Your purpose is to kill others. Depending on the owner, you may be used for good or evil. For example, snipers use guns to assassinate dictators, whereas, dictators use guns to kill civilians. As such, you are the AFFILIATED SERIAL KILLER. Each night, you may choose a player to shoot, and attempt to kill them. However, because you may be used for either good or evil, your affiliation will change depending on who visits you during the night, and whoever "uses" you. For every TOWN player who visits you, you will gain a point. For every MAFIA player who visits you, you will lose 2 points. You will neither gain nor lose points if an unaffiliated player visits you. At the end of the game, if you have a positive score, you win with the town. If you have a negative score, you win with the mafia. If you have no points, you win with yourself, but only if you are able to survive to the end game. You start with 0 points, and you will not be told of your point balance at any point in the game. For now, you win with yourself.

You are the AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFILIBRATOR. Your purpose is to jumpstart the heart when it stops beating and safe a life. However, you are often used as a last resort. Primary treatment is always with a first aid kit, and you are only used if necessary. As such, you are the THIRD PARTY DOCTOR. Each night, you may visit another player, and that player will be protected for the night, just like a normal doctor. However, there is a catch. If you heal a TOWN affiliated player, you will gain a point. If you heal a MAFIA affiliated player, you will lose two points. If you heal a player of any other affiliation, you will gain no points. At the end of the game, if you have a positive score, you win with the town. If you have a negative score, you win with the mafia. If you have no points, you win with yourself, but only if you are able to survive to the end game. You start with 0 points, and you will not be told of your point balance at any point in the game. You cannot protect yourself nor can you protect the same player twice. For now, you win with yourself.

You are the ENGINEER. You are not an Item, and as such, you are third party. However, you are the person who invented and designed all these items. As such, you understand exactly how they work. Therefore, you are the ROLE STEALER. Each night phase, you may visit another player and steal their role for yourself for one night phase. That player will become a vanilla for the night phase. You will inherit that player's affiliation and role. You will not be told what role you have stolen. You may then attempt to use that role on another player. You also have a 1x BULLETPROOF as well. You win if you survive to the end game.

Cult Roles (1)

You are the COMPOST BIN. You take organic waste such as meat scraps, egg shells, and tissue, and biodegrade these items into fertilizer. As such, you are the CULT RECRUITER. Each night phase, you may visit another player and throw them into your compost bin. They will be recruited into your cult, and decompose into fertilizer. You cannot recruit mafia, as they are not biodegradable. The recruited members will retain their original role. The cult wins if at any time, they have a majority. You win with the fertilizer.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:40:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
dat gun o-o
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:40:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Due to the fact that TUF and I wouldve won as regular survivors, I feel it necessary to say that Town won WITH US, we didnt win with them :P
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:41:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Really imbalanced game imo. Cop + Desc Cop + Mirror + Transferer + Mason + JOAT could all confirm players, they also had a watcher and tracker, JOAT had a role cop component. I literally was forced to claim my real item because it was impossible to fake claim anything with all of those investigative roles. Even if we killed them off they had a role recycler. Absolutely 0 mislynch targets.

P.S. HCP doesn't hate me anymore. We had our moments but we get along now.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:41:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:40:22 PM, caveat wrote:
dat gun o-o

Indeed, i played as a vig because from N1 on(when MK recruited me) I was town.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:41:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

No sh!t.

Mestari, the mafia affiliation was obvious. I am surprised you choose that as your clain, nonetheless claimed vanilla with it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:41:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

You would have claimed something else with that many investigative roles? Good luck.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:42:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:41:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

You would have claimed something else with that many investigative roles? Good luck.

Good point.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:42:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:41:38 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

No sh!t.

Mestari, the mafia affiliation was obvious. I am surprised you choose that as your clain, nonetheless claimed vanilla with it.

There was nothing else I could do. EVERY townie was either an investigative role, someone who could confirm roles, or a vig.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:42:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Cool game HCP. The flipping TP idea is interesting to say the least. Thanks for modding [=
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:44:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Twas a very good game indeed. Town played very well. I feel terrible for Drafter, catching two mafioso just to be recruited to cult and subsequently caught :S
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:44:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mistake 1

I gave VK a result that Drafter was not town, when it should have came up as a NO RESULT, as Drafter did not say an IWWTT statement. I apologize. Even if he did say one, it should have came back as TRUE as Drafter had Bossy in him. I was rushing when I put together the night actions, and overlooked this.

Comments:

The Cult were not very powerful in this game. This was because the Mafia, coincidentally, night killed almost all of the Cult's recruits.

Also, when putting together the Mafia and Town roles, I forsaw that the PGO and redirector would create two kills per night, which is why I gave the PGO a whitelist ability to counter this. Except F16 never used it and it didn't work as planned.

Players:
Original Affiliations.

Player - Character - Role

TOWN - 12

LK - Recycling Bin - Recycler
USM - Security Camera - Watcher
Dninja - Encyclopedia - Descriptive Cop
Drafter - 1GB USB Flash Drive - Role Transferer
IFLY - GPS Tracking Device - Tracker
MasterKage - Backpack - Mason Recruiter
Viper King - Polygraph - Lie Detector
Vmpire - First Aid Kit - Doctor
Fourtrouble - Mirror - Mimic
F16 - Self Destructing Lock - Bypassing PGO
Ober - Sledgehammer - Vigilante
Caveat - Smartphone - JOAT (BP, Role Cop, Cop)

MAFIA - 5

Airmax - Marijuana Joint - Usurper
Medic - Cigarette - Visiting Goon
Andro - Alcohol - Redirector
Mestari - Morphine - Godfather
West - LSD - Randomizer

3RD PARTY - 3

BuddaMoose - Gun - Affiliated Serial Killer
TUF - AED - 3rd Party Doctor
Bossy - Engineer - Role Stealer

CULT - 1

Johnny - Compost Bin - Cult Recruiter

Thoughts, Comments, Opinions, Feedback?
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:46:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:42:32 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:38 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

No sh!t.

Mestari, the mafia affiliation was obvious. I am surprised you choose that as your clain, nonetheless claimed vanilla with it.

There was nothing else I could do. EVERY townie was either an investigative role, someone who could confirm roles, or a vig.

Agree that town was overpowered. We could have done without a role like drafter's or maybe even the LD. I think HCP expected the flipping doc and gun to balance the stacked town power roles, but they both ended up playing town due to their point system.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:47:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:41:27 PM, Mestari wrote:
Really imbalanced game imo. Cop + Desc Cop + Mirror + Transferer + Mason + JOAT could all confirm players, they also had a watcher and tracker, JOAT had a role cop component. I literally was forced to claim my real item because it was impossible to fake claim anything with all of those investigative roles. Even if we killed them off they had a role recycler. Absolutely 0 mislynch targets.

P.S. HCP doesn't hate me anymore. We had our moments but we get along now.

On top of that, town only mislynched once. I thought that the SK would kill more often, and I didn't forsee that the Mafia would NK all of the Cult's recruits.

Plus Mafia had a redirector and there was a PGO. When I started this, I felt that I overpowered mafia.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:48:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gg everyone. Cool game <3
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:49:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Overall HcP I thought the game was good. A bit imbalanced towards town with the slew of investigative roles in its arsenal, but essetially maf got unlucky in NK'ing the cult recruits(this removed any fvcking with results that cult couldve done causing massive hindrances to towns efforts).

I love the changing affiliation TP's though, and the characters + justifications were all well done.

Score: Originality- 3/3
Balance- 1/3
Errors- 2/3
Fun Factor- 1/1

Total Score: 7/10
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:50:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:47:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:27 PM, Mestari wrote:
Really imbalanced game imo. Cop + Desc Cop + Mirror + Transferer + Mason + JOAT could all confirm players, they also had a watcher and tracker, JOAT had a role cop component. I literally was forced to claim my real item because it was impossible to fake claim anything with all of those investigative roles. Even if we killed them off they had a role recycler. Absolutely 0 mislynch targets.

P.S. HCP doesn't hate me anymore. We had our moments but we get along now.

On top of that, town only mislynched once. I thought that the SK would kill more often, and I didn't forsee that the Mafia would NK all of the Cult's recruits.

Plus Mafia had a redirector and there was a PGO. When I started this, I felt that I overpowered mafia.

We had a redirector but we also had at MOST 3 mislynch targets (1 doc and 1 vig, but seeing 2 of each in the game it's no surprise that they could all end up being town, and the cult recruiter). That's the most important factor imo, along as the fact that it was impossible to fake-claim. When a mafia has to fake claim his real item in a game where you can pick any item in the world, something is wrong. Randomizer also doesn't really help the mafia because it doesn't give them control, which is what they need. An every-night roleblocker is better. Medic's role was also weak. Took two visits to roleblock and three to kill. That's ~1 role block and 1 kill.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:51:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Counting FT and drafter, town has 7 investigative roles. Three of which basically pierce GF armour (LD, role cop, description cop) due to mafia being drugs.

On the other hand, mafia has no investigative role to gain information on town roles along with a member who could possibly play to get the GF killed.

Mafia was severely underpowered. Town needed less investigative roles or mafia needed more ways to avoid them/shut them down.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:53:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:51:09 PM, caveat wrote:
Counting FT and drafter, town has 7 investigative roles. Three of which basically pierce GF armour (LD, role cop, description cop) due to mafia being drugs.


LD actually didn't pierce GF, oddly.

On the other hand, mafia has no investigative role to gain information on town roles along with a member who could possibly play to get the GF killed.


Yeah, I forgot about the usurper too, I was so annoyed by the sheer amount of townie power roles.

Mafia was severely underpowered. Town needed less investigative roles or mafia needed more ways to avoid them/shut them down.

^
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:54:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:50:59 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:47:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:27 PM, Mestari wrote:
Really imbalanced game imo. Cop + Desc Cop + Mirror + Transferer + Mason + JOAT could all confirm players, they also had a watcher and tracker, JOAT had a role cop component. I literally was forced to claim my real item because it was impossible to fake claim anything with all of those investigative roles. Even if we killed them off they had a role recycler. Absolutely 0 mislynch targets.

P.S. HCP doesn't hate me anymore. We had our moments but we get along now.

On top of that, town only mislynched once. I thought that the SK would kill more often, and I didn't forsee that the Mafia would NK all of the Cult's recruits.

Plus Mafia had a redirector and there was a PGO. When I started this, I felt that I overpowered mafia.

We had a redirector but we also had at MOST 3 mislynch targets (1 doc and 1 vig, but seeing 2 of each in the game it's no surprise that they could all end up being town, and the cult recruiter). That's the most important factor imo, along as the fact that it was impossible to fake-claim. When a mafia has to fake claim his real item in a game where you can pick any item in the world, something is wrong. Randomizer also doesn't really help the mafia because it doesn't give them control, which is what they need. An every-night roleblocker is better. Medic's role was also weak. Took two visits to roleblock and three to kill. That's ~1 role block and 1 kill.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the feedback.
From an outside perspective, I felt that you guys could have won if you were luckier. For instance, Medic died NP1, and your NKs weren't the best.

Also, I think inactivity played a huge factor in the mafia loss as well. Essentially, it was just Mestari playing on the Mafia team, as everyone else was inactive.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:55:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:54:15 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:50:59 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:47:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:27 PM, Mestari wrote:
Really imbalanced game imo. Cop + Desc Cop + Mirror + Transferer + Mason + JOAT could all confirm players, they also had a watcher and tracker, JOAT had a role cop component. I literally was forced to claim my real item because it was impossible to fake claim anything with all of those investigative roles. Even if we killed them off they had a role recycler. Absolutely 0 mislynch targets.

P.S. HCP doesn't hate me anymore. We had our moments but we get along now.

On top of that, town only mislynched once. I thought that the SK would kill more often, and I didn't forsee that the Mafia would NK all of the Cult's recruits.

Plus Mafia had a redirector and there was a PGO. When I started this, I felt that I overpowered mafia.

We had a redirector but we also had at MOST 3 mislynch targets (1 doc and 1 vig, but seeing 2 of each in the game it's no surprise that they could all end up being town, and the cult recruiter). That's the most important factor imo, along as the fact that it was impossible to fake-claim. When a mafia has to fake claim his real item in a game where you can pick any item in the world, something is wrong. Randomizer also doesn't really help the mafia because it doesn't give them control, which is what they need. An every-night roleblocker is better. Medic's role was also weak. Took two visits to roleblock and three to kill. That's ~1 role block and 1 kill.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the feedback.
From an outside perspective, I felt that you guys could have won if you were luckier. For instance, Medic died NP1, and your NKs weren't the best.

Also, I think inactivity played a huge factor in the mafia loss as well. Essentially, it was just Mestari playing on the Mafia team, as everyone else was inactive.

That sucked too. Medic died NP1. West has gotten himself killed every game I've seen him on the mafia team. Andro never posted. Even the usurper didn't post enough to do anything. :(
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 7:59:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:41:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

You would have claimed something else with that many investigative roles? Good luck.

After bossy died, you could have claimed anything.

I am a ROCK. I don't do sh1t. I am vanilla.

Anyway, it is more of a criticism of town, that they let you live more than five seconds during that last phase.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:00:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:59:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

You would have claimed something else with that many investigative roles? Good luck.

After bossy died, you could have claimed anything.

I am a ROCK. I don't do sh1t. I am vanilla.

Anyway, it is more of a criticism of town, that they let you live more than five seconds during that last phase.

which bossy lool
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:01:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:59:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

You would have claimed something else with that many investigative roles? Good luck.

After bossy died, you could have claimed anything.

I am a ROCK. I don't do sh1t. I am vanilla.

Anyway, it is more of a criticism of town, that they let you live more than five seconds during that last phase.

I locked myself into a drug when we lynched West because we already saw a shitload of investigators.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I vehemently went for Mestari and the wagons were circling, but FT had to stall it :P
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:03:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 7:53:05 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:51:09 PM, caveat wrote:
Counting FT and drafter, town has 7 investigative roles. Three of which basically pierce GF armour (LD, role cop, description cop) due to mafia being drugs.


LD actually didn't pierce GF, oddly.

Interesting. HCP told you or did I miss a night action?

On the other hand, mafia has no investigative role to gain information on town roles along with a member who could possibly play to get the GF killed.


Yeah, I forgot about the usurper too, I was so annoyed by the sheer amount of townie power roles.

Mafia was severely underpowered. Town needed less investigative roles or mafia needed more ways to avoid them/shut them down.

^
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:23:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 8:01:38 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:59:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:41:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 6/27/2012 7:40:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm morphine. I'm a mislynch target. I'm a medicinal drug.

Herpaderpaderpaderp.

You would have claimed something else with that many investigative roles? Good luck.

After bossy died, you could have claimed anything.

I am a ROCK. I don't do sh1t. I am vanilla.

Anyway, it is more of a criticism of town, that they let you live more than five seconds during that last phase.

I locked myself into a drug when we lynched West because we already saw a shitload of investigators.

I wouldn't have remembered if you hadnt said anything.