Jump to topic:

Vito's Revenge- DP 7

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:00:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The Corleones, how did they just slip in undetected??", the Don asked. "I don't know, boss, none of our people knew they were here. They were quiet until they whacked Don Soprano". "Well nevermind, you and your guys rooted them out, good job. Keep digging, and try to figure out who killed Leo. I want to deal with him myself".
Sleeps with the fishes:

FT- Sonny Corleone- You are the hot-headed son of the famous Godfather, Don Vito Corleone. As heir apparent, you will work with your father to return the family to its rightful place. You are ruthless when left in charge, so the Don usually calls the shots. On occasion though, you have some autonomy, so every third night you may select one player to kill. On the other nights, you will serve as roleblocker and vanilla, the order is up to you. You must kill all mafia, and outnumber the town, in order to win. You win with the Corleone Family (Cult).

Johnnyboy54- Don Vito Corleone- You are the head of the Corleone Family, and are determined to return your family to the top. After multiple losses, you have vowed revenge on all other families. It is your job to make decisions, and decide whether to recruit, or use the abilities given to your family members. If you choose to recruit, your family forfeits all other night actions. You start with two family members, but may recruit more beginning on night two, so long as that player is not mafia or third party. You may not recruit on consecutive nights. Since the cops have long been in your back pocket, you will show innocent to cops, this does not include spies, lie detectors or role cops, should they exist. There are some unrecruitable players in the game, should you choose one of them as a recruit, it will simply fail, no penalties. You have a one-shot bulletproof. You must kill all mafia, and outnumber the town, in order to win. You win with the Corleone Family (Cult).

Mestari- Traitor- Soprano
LK- Roleblocker- Soprano
Budda2- Joat- Soprano
Spinko- Godfather- Soprano
Vampire- Joat- Soprano
TUF- Spy (Cop)- Scaletta
Royal- Bodyguard- Scaletta
DetectableNinja- Messenger- Scaletta
Drafter- Informer- Scaletta
Active Players:

1. Budda- Replaced by Drafter2
5. THEBOMB
7. IFLY
10. Oberherr- Replaced by Royal2
13. Blackhawk1331- Replaced by TUF2
14. HCP
16. Airmax
17. F-16 Falcon
19. caveat

With 9 players it takes 5 to lynch.

Andiamo!!
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:42:05 PM
Ok, so cult started out as three- Johnny, FT, and ????. FT used his killing ability NP3, so we know no cult were recruited that night. Johnny died NP5, so no cult were recruited that night either. That leaves nights NP2 and NP4 open for recruitment meaning we are dealing with 1-3 cult.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:44:35 PM
Also, I don't think there was any protective roles last night. Since nobody is dead, I guess that means all the mafia are gone.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:50:39 PM
At 6/27/2012 9:40:21 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I got a message last night. Airmax, were you the one who sent it?

I was not.
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:54:03 PM
At 6/27/2012 9:50:39 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I was not.

What action did you perform last night?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:56:23 PM
At 6/27/2012 9:54:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I was not.

Doc self
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:58:05 PM
NP 1- Check Vampire- Saggitarius
NP 2- Check LK- Likes cheesy balls
NP 3- Check Johnny- Disloyal
NP 4- Check HCP- Has hairy palms (was accidentally told he was loyal)
NP 5- Check Falcon- Loyal
NP 6- Check Airmax- Since being elected DDO president, Airmax sings "Hail to the Chief" in the shower.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 9:58:33 PM
At 6/27/2012 9:56:23 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I was not.

Doc self

Ok, so there was a doc last night. I don't see why mafia would NK Airmax, so I'm still leaning towards there being no mafia.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:01:03 PM
At 6/27/2012 9:58:33 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

I was not.

Doc self

Ok, so there was a doc last night. I don't see why mafia would NK Airmax, so I'm still leaning towards there being no mafia.

There isn't a mafia. I can confirm this. You gave out a gun and the person you gave the gun to shot Airmax. But he doc'd himself.

I am thinking he is cult doc. I had that role in Medic's last game. Why does town have a bodyguard, doc, watcher, bulletproof, and additional doc?

Actually, I am thinking Airmax is likely cult JOAT.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:07:24 PM
At 6/27/2012 10:01:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
There isn't a mafia. I can confirm this. You gave out a gun and the person you gave the gun to shot Airmax. But he doc'd himself.

I am thinking he is cult doc. I had that role in Medic's last game. Why does town have a bodyguard, doc, watcher, bulletproof, and additional doc?

Alright, this makes sense. VTL airmax
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:11:20 PM
Totally called the whole Cult thing. If only you lynched FT before me. . .
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:11:21 PM
At 6/27/2012 10:07:24 PM, TUF wrote:

Alright, this makes sense. VTL airmax

No, it really doesn't make any sense at all.. There is no reason at all to believe I'm not town. Is someone going to build an actual case against me, or are we cool with the mislynch?
Debate.org Moderator

IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:16:06 PM

I was not.

Doc self

Here FT says mafia is probably Airmax, me, or Royal.

http://www.debate.org...

I don't see the point in him bussing his own cult teammates, so I'm leaning towards Royal and Airmax being town. It would just be unneccessary to bus Airmax or Royal for no reason. Possible, but unlikely.

You were one of the supporters of Johnny's death, so I'm leaning towards you being town also. It is also pretty obvious looking at Airmax's tracker results why you are town.

That leaves HCP, Caveat, TUF, Bomb, and Drafter as possible cultist.

Caveat is a major factor why FT is dead. If he is cult, he unneccessarily bussed FT by giving his mason results. I'm thinking Caveat is town also.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:25:10 PM
At 6/27/2012 10:16:06 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

I was not.

Doc self

I don't see the point in him bussing his own cult teammates, so I'm leaning towards Royal and Airmax being town. It would just be unneccessary to bus Airmax or Royal for no reason. Possible, but unlikely.

You were one of the supporters of Johnny's death, so I'm leaning towards you being town also. It is also pretty obvious looking at Airmax's tracker results why you are town.

Caveat is a major factor why FT is dead. If he is cult, he unneccessarily bussed FT by giving his mason results. I'm thinking Caveat is town also.

I outed him two DPs. Everyone else is a major factor for why he wasn't dead earlier. Although the lynch on Mestari over FT was acceptable.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:55:31 PM
Airmax, why did you choose to doc yourself out of all the options that you had with your role? Surely you didn't think the mafia was going to target you? We didn't know that there was a cult last DP and it would have been rational to assume there was at least one mafia left. They would certainly have targeted a confirmed player.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 11:00:28 PM
At 6/27/2012 10:55:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Airmax, why did you choose to doc yourself out of all the options that you had with your role? Surely you didn't think the mafia was going to target you? We didn't know that there was a cult last DP and it would have been rational to assume there was at least one mafia left. They would certainly have targeted a confirmed player.

You knew there was a cult when I told you there was. :D
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 11:02:08 PM
At 6/27/2012 10:55:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I figured it was possible that mafia could target me. I have a couple of abilities that could be potentially threatening, so I figured why not, and it'd be nice to stay alive. To be honest though, I didn't really put that much thought into it, I just figured it wouldn't hurt anything... I still don't understand the point of using my message ability, and I couldn't figure out a more productive way to use my other abilities so I just did 'doc sef' by default.
Debate.org Moderator

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 7:17:45 AM
Drafter(2) - Luca Garino - Mafia II - Miller
THEBOMB - El Greco - Mafia II - Odd Doc
F-16 - Henry Thomasino - Mafia II - Odd Watcher
IFLY - Eddie Scarpa - Mafia II - Gunsmith
HCP - Tom Hagen - The Godfather - Vanilla
TUF(2) - Luca Brasi - The Godfather - Flavor Cop
Royal(2) - Aldo Trapani The Godfather - Odd Cop
Airmax - Hyman Roth - The Godfather - JOAT
Caveat - Vito Scaletta - Mafia II - BP/Mason Recruiter

The problem is, the cult had a recruit capability, which means claims are useless in finding the last cult if they were recruited.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 7:40:04 AM
I'm not sure why someone said cult started with three. Johnny's PM clearly says it starts with two.

So, 2 cult starting. Able to recruit NP2 and NP4

So, it's possible for there to be 1-2 cult left.

Cult... you might as well forfeit. With 9 players left, there are 362,880 possible orders (9!) for each of us to die. With a max of two cult, you both have to survive if you are to attain a "majority." That means there are only 5,040 possible orders (7!) that allows you to attain a majority.

Your odds of winning? 1 in 72.

Even if we random lynch and use the gunsmith to kill each night, that is an additional 4 turns you would need to go through to win.

Is it worth it? Is it worth it to drag this out to DP 11 for your 1 in 72 chance of winning?

Concede with honor.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 7:44:54 AM
Also, I don't imagine caveat was recruitable, so he's all but confirmed as not being cult. Not sure if medic would have allowed Mason recruits to be recruited to cult, but your odds are even less since no one is going to kill caveat (or probably F16) unless IFLY gives a cultist a gun, in which case you condem yourself.

Your odds now drop to 1 in 504.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 8:51:24 AM
At 6/28/2012 7:44:54 AM, drafterman wrote:
Also, I don't imagine caveat was recruitable, so he's all but confirmed as not being cult. Not sure if medic would have allowed Mason recruits to be recruited to cult, but your odds are even less since no one is going to kill caveat (or probably F16) unless IFLY gives a cultist a gun, in which case you condem yourself.

Your odds now drop to 1 in 504.

I recruited IFH last night by the way. Probably doesn't say much regarding his affiliation.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 9:01:27 AM
At 6/28/2012 7:40:04 AM, drafterman wrote:
I'm not sure why someone said cult started with three. Johnny's PM clearly says it starts with two.

Johnny was killed NP5. He could have recruited NP1, 3, and 5? Still, it is most likely there are two cult left.

Cult... you might as well forfeit. With 9 players left, there are 362,880 possible orders (9!) for each of us to die. With a max of two cult, you both have to survive if you are to attain a "majority." That means there are only 5,040 possible orders (7!) that allows you to attain a majority.

Even if we random lynch and use the gunsmith to kill each night, that is an additional 4 turns you would need to go through to win.

Is it worth it? Is it worth it to drag this out to DP 11 for your 1 in 72 chance of winning?

Concede with honor.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 9:19:42 AM
At 6/28/2012 9:01:27 AM, caveat wrote:
At 6/28/2012 7:40:04 AM, drafterman wrote:

Johnny was killed NP5. He could have recruited NP1, 3, and 5? Still, it is most likely there are two cult left.

He could only recruit starting NP2. FT shot NP3. So they could have recruited NP2 and NP4. I don't think medic lets actions take place if the player dies, so I doubt a successful recruit on NP5.

Concede with honor.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2012 9:42:00 AM
At 6/27/2012 10:16:06 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

I was not.

Doc self

I don't think that was a "Bus" but rather a hedging of bets.