Jump to topic:

Recycle mafia roles

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:55:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am just copy-pasting what I worte on the mod-list thread so people can give opinion and "like" or "dislike" this.

I had a really awesome idea for a mafia game at a really bad time (after I finished sending out invites). Wish I had it sooner. Anyways, I know what my next mafia game AFTER the next one is going to be: DDO Mafia roles. I will recycle fun roles used by various mods in various mafia games.

For example:
Player X, you are Iceland from BlackVoid's Countries mafia. You have a low population, aren't known for anything, and don't even have a military. Therefore, you can (must) visit a player each night, but will do nothing to them other than show up on watcher and tracker reports. You win with the town.

Player Y, you are Batman from Drafterman's Batman mafia. You are
<!-- Insert text here -->

And so on and so forth.

I half want to scratch my Action shows mafia and go with this and I might if other think this is as good an idea as I think it is.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:59:19 AM
just C/Ping what I wrote in the mod list...

Sounds like a cool idea.. Character claiming will be especially interesting as other people attempt to find the game with that character and figure out the roll. Similarly fake claiming will be very interesting as mafia and 3rd party try to find obscure but pro-town characters/roles from old games.

I think it's a very cool idea and you should definitely do it- but do it next time, stick with the game you have already planned for now.
Debate.org Moderator
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 2:16:19 AM
But like Airmax said, I'd keep the action TV shows for the upcoming one. With the mod list being so short nowadays it wont take long to get to the next turn anyway.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 7:13:24 AM
At 7/6/2012 1:55:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I am just copy-pasting what I worte on the mod-list thread so people can give opinion and "like" or "dislike" this.

I had a really awesome idea for a mafia game at a really bad time (after I finished sending out invites). Wish I had it sooner. Anyways, I know what my next mafia game AFTER the next one is going to be: DDO Mafia roles. I will recycle fun roles used by various mods in various mafia games.

For example:
Player X, you are Iceland from BlackVoid's Countries mafia. You have a low population, aren't known for anything, and don't even have a military. Therefore, you can (must) visit a player each night, but will do nothing to them other than show up on watcher and tracker reports. You win with the town.

Player Y, you are Batman from Drafterman's Batman mafia. You are
<!-- Insert text here -->

And so on and so forth.

I half want to scratch my Action shows mafia and go with this and I might if other think this is as good an idea as I think it is.

I say if you're willing to do the research to pick out the necessary roles, go for it. Sounds like it'd be an aweseom game.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 12:57:00 AM
Interesting idea.

I think there's only 1 issue fake-claiming... not fake claiming a role from your own game! I know that I'd love to fake claim some sort of role from my games but that would completely destroy my fake-claiming chances...

2 other things - you can't copy fake claims or hidden roles (no death miller, no naive cop ... role has to be the EXACT same) from other games, and crucially there's NO role justification that makes sense. My long story about Anton Herzen (TUF's role last game) wouldn't make sense!

So, some work to be done but an interesting concept.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 9:43:46 AM
Well.....I could see fake-claiming being either very easy.....or very hard.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-