Jump to topic:

Once Upon A Time Mafia Day Phase Seven

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:00:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Regina stood in front of the gallows, staring at Mary Margaret's body sway as the rope twisted about. She smirked, how easy it had been, now she was so close to a victory it was almost assured. Suddenly, she heard a car door slam shut, amf turned around to see David rush up.

"Oh this was going to be pleasant," she thought to herself. Suddenly David slumped over onto the ground. Could she really be this lucky? She rushed over and saw foam coming from David's mouth. "He had poisoned himself", she cackled, "the fool had just ended any chance there was for her to fail!"

Dead in the Night

Drafterman, you are Henry Mills. You are a young boy, son of Emma Swan, who is pivotal in breaking Regina's curse. Your steadfast belief that the fairy tale world exists and is actually the reality, aided Emma. Therefore you are the Dreamer. On NP2 you will recieve three names, one of which will be mafia. You win with the town.

TUF- TUF, you are David Nolan. You begin the show in a coma and are nursed back to health by David Nolan. You play a pivotal role in breaking the Queens Spell over Storybrook. Your fairy-tale persona being Prince Charming means you have a variety of skills at your disposal in protecting Mary Margaret:

- 1x Bulletproof
- 1x Doctor
- 1x Redirector

You win by surviving to the end game with Mary Margaret(F-16)

Lynched Last Day Phase

F-16, you are Mary Margaret. You start the show a beloved member of the town. However, at one point you are suspected of murder and storybrooks opinion of you reversed. You are the Odd Day Popular Townie, Even Day Hated Townie. On Odd days it takes one extra vote to lynch you, on even days 1 less. You win by surviving to the endgame with David Nolan(TUF)

If either of you(Lovers) should die, the other will die as well.

Dead Players

Viper-King: Belle- Beloved Princess
Oberherr: Mr. Gold- Miller
BossyBurrito: Sidney Glass- Framer
Drafterman1: Mother Superior- Watcher
Caveat- Malificient- Roleblocker
Airmax- August Booth- Mason Recruiter
Johnnyboy- Leroy- Roleblocker
Greyparrot- Sherriff Graham- Tracker
F-16- Mary Margaret- Odd Day Popular/Even Day Hated townie
TUF- David Nolan- Protective JOAT
Drafterman- Henry Mills- Dreamer

Living Players

1. Medic
2. Fourtrouble
3. IFLYHIGH

With three players left alive it takes 2 votes to lynch!

As this is the final Day Phase, this Day Phase will have no time limit and only will end upon a decision being reached.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:01:06 AM

about to be run out of Storybrook

Medic(1/2)- Medic

With 3 Alive it take 2 votes to lynch
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:06:59 PM
At 7/7/2012 12:14:28 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
GG, never would have thought FT was mafia.

Me screaming it for the past three day phases wasn't a clue?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:10:57 PM
At 7/7/2012 1:06:59 PM, drafterman wrote:

Saying his instincts suck wasn't very convincing. And in all fairness, I did investigate him. Like I said, too many scum showed up as inno.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:24:42 PM
At 7/7/2012 1:10:57 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Saying his instincts suck wasn't very convincing. And in all fairness, I did investigate him. Like I said, too many scum showed up as inno.

Dude, I gave a pages worth of analysis that included who he FOSd, voting behavior, and his OMGUS of me. The instincts thing was just a kicker that meant, even if he was Town, his FOS on me was baseless. That part was a defense of me, not an argument against him. But that's all he wanted people to talk about, so I guess he wins because you all are gullible.

The entire god damned town was FT's little b1tch this game and he spanked you good and you're basically coming out and saying you liked it and can you have another, please, sir.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:29:17 PM
At 7/7/2012 1:24:42 PM, drafterman wrote:

Dude, I gave a pages worth of analysis that included who he FOSd, voting behavior, and his OMGUS of me. The instincts thing was just a kicker that meant, even if he was Town, his FOS on me was baseless. That part was a defense of me, not an argument against him. But that's all he wanted people to talk about, so I guess he wins because you all are gullible.

The entire god damned town was FT's little b1tch this game and he spanked you good and you're basically coming out and saying you liked it and can you have another, please, sir.

In all honesty, I thought you were the last mafia for no reason other than your role. The fact that it could only be used on the night that got skipped was too hard to believe.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:41:30 PM

You know, I have believed you were town over FT this entire game, and that was without the investigative results. You built a good case, but at the wrong time. I believed Johnny was mafia over FT, and then when I got an inno on him, I believed that F-16/TUF was mafia over FT. If this game would have come down between you and FT as I thought it was going too, I would have voted for FT. The fact it didn't probably means Budda told FT F-16 was lying by saying TUF wouldn't die when he dies which kind of pisses me off. There wasn't any other reason for FT to have killed the last remaining suspect. I don't know what you would have liked me to do different. You were the one right beside me voting for F-16 instead of FT. And looking back, I still think lynching Johnny over FT was the better decision. So what should I have done different?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:45:54 PM
GG <3 nac
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:48:02 PM
At 7/7/2012 1:41:30 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

You know, I have believed you were town over FT this entire game, and that was without the investigative results. You built a good case, but at the wrong time. I believed Johnny was mafia over FT, and then when I got an inno on him, I believed that F-16/TUF was mafia over FT. If this game would have come down between you and FT as I thought it was going too, I would have voted for FT. The fact it didn't probably means Budda told FT F-16 was lying by saying TUF wouldn't die when he dies which kind of pisses me off. There wasn't any other reason for FT to have killed the last remaining suspect. I don't know what you would have liked me to do different. You were the one right beside me voting for F-16 instead of FT. And looking back, I still think lynching Johnny over FT was the better decision. So what should I have done different?

This is my last post until the end game. f16 wasn't lying, read his role again.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:56:40 PM
At 7/7/2012 1:48:02 PM, drafterman wrote:

What F-16 said and what his role said is two different things.

http://www.debate.org...

If FT was paying any attention, he should have not expected TUF to be dead right now. But if that is that is the case, why did he kill you? That would give him away as the last mafia. My only answer is Budda told him TUF would die which really pisses me off. It's just an assumption, but if true, I'm going to be mad.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 2:03:48 PM
At 7/7/2012 1:56:40 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 7/7/2012 1:48:02 PM, drafterman wrote:

What F-16 said and what his role said is two different things.

http://www.debate.org...

If FT was paying any attention, he should have not expected TUF to be dead right now. But if that is that is the case, why did he kill you? That would give him away as the last mafia. My only answer is Budda told him TUF would die which really pisses me off. It's just an assumption, but if true, I'm going to be mad.

Nvm, FT figured it out by himself.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 2:55:55 PM
VTL FT nac
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 3:15:41 PM
I made really critical errors from the third party perspective. I wasn't active enough to play pro-town and figure out who mafia were and was just taking a gamble that TUF and I would survive.

I though there were two mafia left. Had there been two mafia left, we would have won alongside the mafia. I didn't realize there was only 1 mafia left and that he already had his vote on Drafter. That error led to our loss.

FT fooled everyone. I didn't really care who was town initially (which was wierd because I usually pretend that I am town every time I am 3P). I voted FT because I thought he was town. When Drafter refused to take the bait, I realized FT was mafia and Drafter town. I thought the last mafia was either IFLY or Medic and they would hammer Drafter. Turns out there weren't any more mafia.

Now, coming to town's play, their third party phobia really hurt them a lot. I thought they would take the chance to win with us, but Drafter rejected it (on behalf of the town going after me instead which led to all of our losses). I really think Drafter should have used the fact that I was going to vote with him and went after FT. We could all have lynched him and town and 3P would have won together.

United we stand, divided we fall, I guess and I just wish Drafter was united when it became apparent that TUF and I would vote with him if only he aligned himself with us. Once Drafter voted me, I had no choice but to backtrack and vote Drafter instead.

So, seriously, get rid of the third party phobia, guys. 3P can be useful if you align yourself with them. Going after 3P does count as a mislynch and we shouldn't be wasting them.

The only way I would put a 3P in any of my games is in a completely anti-town way like serial killer where it doesn't count as a mislynch. I don't really like this sort of third party (lover, survivor etc).
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 3:22:36 PM
At 7/7/2012 3:15:41 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I made really critical errors from the third party perspective. I wasn't active enough to play pro-town and figure out who mafia were and was just taking a gamble that TUF and I would survive.

I though there were two mafia left. Had there been two mafia left, we would have won alongside the mafia. I didn't realize there was only 1 mafia left and that he already had his vote on Drafter. That error led to our loss.

FT fooled everyone. I didn't really care who was town initially (which was wierd because I usually pretend that I am town every time I am 3P). I voted FT because I thought he was town. When Drafter refused to take the bait, I realized FT was mafia and Drafter town. I thought the last mafia was either IFLY or Medic and they would hammer Drafter. Turns out there weren't any more mafia.

Now, coming to town's play, their third party phobia really hurt them a lot. I thought they would take the chance to win with us, but Drafter rejected it (on behalf of the town going after me instead which led to all of our losses). I really think Drafter should have used the fact that I was going to vote with him and went after FT. We could all have lynched him and town and 3P would have won together.

United we stand, divided we fall, I guess and I just wish Drafter was united when it became apparent that TUF and I would vote with him if only he aligned himself with us. Once Drafter voted me, I had no choice but to backtrack and vote Drafter instead.

So, seriously, get rid of the third party phobia, guys. 3P can be useful if you align yourself with them. Going after 3P does count as a mislynch and we shouldn't be wasting them.

The only way I would put a 3P in any of my games is in a completely anti-town way like serial killer where it doesn't count as a mislynch. I don't really like this sort of third party (lover, survivor etc).

TBH, I thought you and TUF were the last mafia trying to ml one final time at MYLO. Once it became apparent you were TP, I realized FT was mafia. A little bit too late apparently since he killed Drafter, which I did not expect.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:08:02 PM

If you would have gotten your tunnel vision paws off of johnny long enough to decide pursuing an avvie bet with the GP was foolish, FT would have been lynched that day with drafter's and my support hands down no questions asked.

YOU really need to hone your instincts on what people type, how they type it, their timing, their voting patterns, their FOS activity, and how they generally behave and stop focusing on roles and role descriptions primarily.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:13:43 PM
Like I said, if IFLY was so determined to do that, at least I could win something if I was certain to lose as town.

I'll give medic a pass because he is just medic, but IFLY, you really went out of your way to divert me and drafter from taking TUF and FT down. For very lame reasons... I am just disappointed mostly at myserf in my inability to convince you other than gimmicky avvie bets, which still failed.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:21:12 PM

Medic(2/2)- Medic, Fourtrouble

Medic has been lynched! He was innocent!

Endgame with all roles + night actions will be posted later tonight.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:31:33 PM
At 7/7/2012 4:08:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

If you would have gotten your tunnel vision paws off of johnny long enough to decide pursuing an avvie bet with the GP was foolish, FT would have been lynched that day with drafter's and my support hands down no questions asked.

YOU really need to hone your instincts on what people type, how they type it, their timing, their voting patterns, their FOS activity, and how they generally behave and stop focusing on roles and role descriptions primarily.

FT would have never been lynched that day. Medic, me, TUF, and F-16 did not think FT was mafia. If we hadn't lynched Johnny, Drafter would have been the one who died that day. But your right, I focused to much on roles and role justifications. I made that mistake because of Mestari's game, but I do not plan on making it again.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:43:03 PM
There was never a good reason to lynch me. drafter's case against me was terrible. He may have had a feeling I was scum, but that doesn't mean anything when your case is against someone who is attacking you (OMGUS) and drafter was unable to pinpoint what was scummy about me and articulate it. He kept misrepresenting the game and what I did, focusing on things things that other townies did, and kept insisting I suck at this game when I'm town (which was a self-defeating argument, cause if I suck, then that would explain why I VTNL on bossy and why I was voting for drafter now). drafter's case was full of holes and contradictions, as was any case that was built against me.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:48:59 PM
In my opinion, drafter's analysis didn't locate a single one of my scum-tells, as everything he talked about were things I did on purpose, trying to make myself look scummy but not too scummy (since trying too hard to not look scummy is a scum-tell). The one major scum-tell I had in this game was the fact that I was focusing on role justifications (which I almost entirely ignore as town). When I'm town, my analysis focuses almost exclusively on behaviors. In this game, the bulk of my analysis was used to make characters and roles look scummy. This was a major scum-tell I gave off, and it is one I'll keep in mind for future games so don't expect it to mean much in the future ;p
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 4:51:38 PM
At 7/7/2012 4:48:59 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
In my opinion, drafter's analysis didn't locate a single one of my scum-tells, as everything he talked about were things I did on purpose, trying to make myself look scummy but not too scummy (since trying too hard to not look scummy is a scum-tell). The one major scum-tell I had in this game was the fact that I was focusing on role justifications (which I almost entirely ignore as town). When I'm town, my analysis focuses almost exclusively on behaviors. In this game, the bulk of my analysis was used to make characters and roles look scummy. This was a major scum-tell I gave off, and it is one I'll keep in mind for future games so don't expect it to mean much in the future ;p

Meh, the one thing that gave me a hint your mafia is you didn't seem that interested in the more experienced player's analysis. You seemed to want to dominate the game by yourself. I guess that is one of your scum tells.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 5:27:53 PM

You fvcking moron, you can't say my analysis on you was wrong when it was about things you admit you were doing to be scummy.

Also, I FOSd you at the beginning of the phase, so it was you that was OMGUSing me, you stupid imbecile.

Also, about the misrepresentation NAME ONE FVCKING THING I MISREPRESENTED YOU ON, YOU STUPID CVNT.

You can't have it both ways. I can't be misrepresenting you AND basing my arguments off of things you admit you were doing! Do you even understand what the fvck you are taking about? Jesus Christ on a stick you are about as dumb as a box of fvcking rocks.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 5:32:30 PM
At 7/7/2012 3:15:41 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Are you suffering from amnesia? You justified third party "phobia" by the fact that you admitted wishing to side with the mafia to win! That is the entire argument against letting third parties live! I pointed that out!

I'm with IFLY in that you actually caused me to doubt you and TUF being third party and being the mafia instead, especially when you admitted being in a PM together. That was your bad, as was not realizing that, with you and TUF being thirds, there would only be be mafia left. You should have just voted FT, continuing to pretend to be Town.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 5:41:51 PM
And GP is right, IFLY. What you could have done is realize the case against Johnny was bogus. Role justification, paraphrasal is weak to begin with, and of no use in a game like this, given the lack of strong justifications and explanations. This was evident on Obers case as well as from a mere cursory glance at all of the dead role PMs.

It wouldnt be so bad if I hadn't point this out explicitly, yet no one wanted to listen. I understand that some people thought I was mafia - medic - but this isn't godamned knights and knaves where Town always tell the truth and Mafia always lies. Since when did people lose the capability for independent thought? All I saw was, drafterman = mafia, ergo we should t even read what he's saying.

The information was right there! I'm not a godamned wizard wherein if you consider what I'm saying you are magically compelled to obey me. Look at the roles! Look at them! There is no justification! We knew this after Ober! Propositions don't magically become true or false depending on whether or not they are uttered by a townie or a mafia!
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 5:45:25 PM
At 7/7/2012 5:27:53 PM, drafterman wrote:

You fvcking moron, you can't say my analysis on you was wrong when it was about things you admit you were doing to be scummy.

Also, I FOSd you at the beginning of the phase, so it was you that was OMGUSing me, you stupid imbecile.

Also, about the misrepresentation NAME ONE FVCKING THING I MISREPRESENTED YOU ON, YOU STUPID CVNT.

You can't have it both ways. I can't be misrepresenting you AND basing my arguments off of things you admit you were doing! Do you even understand what the fvck you are taking about? Jesus Christ on a stick you are about as dumb as a box of fvcking rocks.

If you had given the arguments you gave here in another game, I would have thought you were scum. You misrepresented TUF by saying he was doing what I was doing. You misrepresented me by called me "fundamentally dishonest" and saying my instincts suck. You misrepresented The Wire by completely ignoring the fact I was 3/4 and that bluesteel explicitly said that the only people in that game with pro-town analysis was me and Logic. You misrepresented my actions in a number of other games where you said I FOS everyone.

You misrepresented my actions from DP1 when I FOS'ed airmax and IFLY, on DP2 where I said I would get claims from airmax and IFLY before we lynch bossy, and DP3 where I was largely responsible for building the case against bossy, to the point where it was me who convinced others not to VTNL (you said I was trying to convince people to VTNL when I was actually doing the opposite). You tried too hard to make me look scummy for things that were perfectly town-like behaviors. As such, your case against me had no force whatsoever.

Yet you maintain that I'm stupid and fundamentally dishonest. It sounds to me like you are still upset you were wrong in The Wire and now you're mad you lost this game too.