- Oberherr
- Medic
- Greyparrot

THIRD PLACE: LOVERS

- F-16
- TUF

ROLE PM'S

Mafia

Fourtrouble, you are Regina Mills. You are responsible for the curse on Storybrook. You have shaped the world so you are still in power as Mayor, instead of Queen. Therefore you are the GodFather JOAT. With the following 1x abilities

A) Politician- Steal 1 persons vote and place it upon another player for the entirety of the subsequent day phase.
B) Lawyer- Target shows up innocent to investigators.
C) Role-Cop- learn a persons role

Lastly, you have final say on all Night Actions

Caveat, you are Malificient. You are an Evil Witch-Queen enslaved and imprisoned by Regina Mills. With your fiery breath you are able to singe your enemies preventing them from performing their role.

BossyBurrito, you are Sidney Glass. As a reporter at the town newspaper, The Daily Mirror, you are ablento use your positon to sway the towns opinion of a certain person for Regina. Thus you are the Framer. You may cause one person to show up guilty to investigations.

Lovers

TUF, you are David Nolan. You begin the show in a coma and are nursed back to health by David Nolan. You play a pivotal role in breaking the Queens Spell over Storybrook. Your fairy-tale persona being Prince Charming means you have a variety of skills at your disposal in protecting Mary Margaret.

1x Bulletproof
1x Doctor
1x Redirect

F-16, you are Mary Margaret. You start the show a beloved member of the town. However, at one point you are suspected of murder and storybrooks opinion of you reversed. You are the Odd Day Popular Townie, Odd Day Hated Townie. On Odd days it takes one extra vote to lynch you, on even days 1 less.

If either of you should die the other will die as well. You win with yourselves by both surviving to the end of the game.

Town

IFLYHIGH, you are Emma Swan, the Deputy of Storybrook. Midway through the show you become the sheriff, and are responsible for ensuring storybrook's safety. Therefore you are the COP, and may investigate 1 person a night to determine their affiliation. You win with the town.

Drafterman1(BH), you are Mother Superior. You are the head mother at the convent in Storybrook. You know much about what happens in the town, and organize many town events. Your fairy-tale persona as the Blue Fairy allows you to watch over people, ensuring their safety. Therefore you are the watcher, everynight you may visit one person and learn who, if anyone, visited them. You win with the town.

Drafterman2(Vmp/USM), you are Henry Mills. You are a young boy, son of Emma Swan, who is pivotal in breaking Regina's curse. Your steadfast belief that the fairy tale world exists and is actually the reality, aided Emma. Therefore you are the Dreamer. On NP2 you will recieve three names, one of which will be mafia. You win with the town.

Medic, you are Dr. Whale. You are seen multiple times throughout the show. You were the Doctor in charge of David while he was in his coma. You also tried saving Henry when he was poisoned by Regina's Apple Turnover. Thus, you are the Doctor, once per night you may protect one person, including yourself, preventing them from being Night-Killed. You win with the town.

Greyparrot, you are Sherriff Graham. As sherriff you heroically sacrificed your own life to save Mary-Margaret's(Snow White.) You are the Huntsman in the Fairy-Tale world and thus are a tracker. Everynight you may follow one person and learn who, if anyone, they visit. You win with the town.

Johnnyboy(West), you are Leroy. You work at the hospital as a Janitor and are the town drunk of storybrook. This, as Epic calls a town roleblocker, the town drunk, so you are a roleblocker as well. You win with the town.

Airmax, you are August Booth. In the show it is your responsibility to convince Emma to believe in the "Fairy-Tale Reality," and make sure she breaks Regina's spell. Therefore you are the Mason Recruiter. However because of your late appearance in the show you can-not recruit until NP3. You die if you recruit a mafia or TP. You win with the town.

Viper-King you are Belle. In the show you are a princess who was captured and imprisoned by Queen Regina, as a form of revenge against Mr. Gold. As the person who turned "The Dark One" good, you are the Beloved Princess. If you are lynched a Day Phase is skipped. If you are Night-Killed, a Night Phase will be skipped. You win with the town.

Oberherr, you are Mr. Gold. A man who is feared by almost everyone in Storybrook for his influence and power. His identity as Rumpelstiltskin, "The Dark One" in fairy-tale world causes you to appear evil. However in the end you do what is right, and therefore you are the Miller. You appear guilty to investigations.

NIGHT ACTIONS

Mafia

Fourtrouble

NP1- role-cop F-16
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Waived
NP4- Waived
NP5- Waived
NP6- Politician Medic

Caveat

NP1- Target Oberherr
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Target Greyparrot
NP4: Dead
NP5: Dead
NP6: Dead

Bossyburrito

NP1- Target IFLYHIGH
NP2- DEAD
NP3- Skipped
NP4- Dead
NP5- Dead
NP6- Dead

Night-Kill(person who carried out NK)

NP1: Bossy
NP2: Skipped
NP3: Caveat
NP4: Fourtrouble
NP5: Fourtrouble
NP6: Fourtrouble

Lovers

F-16- NO NIGHT ACTIONS

TUF

NP1- Waived
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Waived
NP4- Waived
NP5- Doctor F-16
NP6- Dead

Town

IFLYHIGH

NP1- Target Airmax
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Target Caveat
NP4- Target F-16
NP5- Target Fourtrouble
NP6- Target Drafterman2

Medic

NP 1- Target self
NP 2- Skipped
NP 3- Target self
NP 4- Target self
NP 5- Target IFLYHIGH
NP 6- Target Fourtrouble

Drafterman1(BH)

NP1- Target Bossyburrito
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Target Greyparrot
NP4- Dead
NP5- Dead
NP6- Dead

Drafterman2(Vmp/USM)- NO NIGHT ACTIONS

Greyparrot

NP1- Target Medic
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Target Drafter
NP4- Target Johnny
NP5- Target TUF
NP6- Dead

Viper-King- NO NIGHT ACTIONS

Johnnyboy(West)

NP1- Target Oberherr
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Waived
NP4- Target Drafterman2
NP5- Dead
NP6- Dead

Oberherr- NO NIGHT ACTIONS

Airmax

NP1- Unable to use role
NP2- Skipped
NP3- Target Medic
NP4- Target IFLYHIGH
NP5- Dead
NP6- Dead
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hope you all enjoyed the game.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:33:57 PM
Things I liked about the game

•The balance of roles. With the exception of the TP roles, mafia counterbalanced town nicely. Town may of had a shot if we had gotten more investigative results. The NP being skipped on the night the Dreamer was meant to dream really hurt town. Also, I don't understand why Airmax recruited me. An extra confirmed person via mason PM would have been of great use. Still, nice balance.
• Intensity of the game. It was fast and filled with alot of activity. It was certainly a fun game, and Budda did a good job modding it.
• It wasn't so easy to find out who scum were. For Budda's first game, he made it interestingly complicated. This wasn't a follow the results game, which is a sign of good modding. Town had to depend on behaviorial analysis and good instinct. Unfortunately, I failed in this regards, but good job to Grey and Drafter nevertheless.
• I also would like to say I like the RNG idea alot. As proven by this game, randomnized roles can lead to a fun and balanced game. 

Things I didn't like

• The TP roles. As was proven, Budda basically gave mafia two extra players. That might not have been the intention, but Budda should have still counted it as a possibility and planned accordingly. Since TP played anti town, mafia basically had 6 votes in their favor from DP1 if you include the mafia poli. Town was at a huge disadvantage when it came to votes.
• All the inno's on scum. 3/5 of my investigations were of scum, but only one showed up as guilty. This ultimately lead to Johnny's lynching as F-16 would have been lynched first if he showed up guilty as he should have. I know there has been discussion about making TP's come up as inno, but I for my part dislike the idea. It gives TP incentative to play anti-town since they no longer have to worry about being investigated. In fact, they may play anti-town just to get investigated. Budda can continue to mod games the way he likes, but I have learned a lesson from this game.
• Town lost after 2 ml's. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but we should have been at least afforded 3 ml's. Two strikes and you're out seems a little bit unfair.  And even though it was lynching F-16 that lost us that game, it still was not a mislynch and F-16 and TUF made it clear they had a mafia agenda.

Things I learned
•Not to depend to heavily on roles and role justifications for reasons to lynch somebody. After Mestari's game, I was looking for patterns in role justifications to potentially find scum. I guess Mestari is an exception though. 
• To take things slower. We lynched F-16 without even getting FT's claim. Milk the DP I guess will be my new motto.

GG everyone and congrats to FT. FT is practically the reason mafia won, so congrats to him.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:38:32 PM
Major Kudos to FT for pulling off the victory. I felt both sides played very well, and this game easily couldve gone to either side.

Even F-16 and TUF as lovers had a good shot. Any thoughts from you all as to how this game was balance wise? Any other questions, thoughts, suggestions?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:40:06 PM
I'm still a bit mad that I got lynched over what I did -_-
I loved this game.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 11:41:42 PM
At 7/7/2012 11:38:32 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Major Kudos to FT for pulling off the victory. I felt both sides played very well, and this game easily couldve gone to either side.

Even F-16 and TUF as lovers had a good shot. Any thoughts from you all as to how this game was balance wise? Any other questions, thoughts, suggestions?

I didn't like the lovers. I think that making them Town would have worked better.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 12:00:22 AM
At 7/7/2012 11:33:57 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Things I liked about the game

•The balance of roles. With the exception of the TP roles, mafia counterbalanced town nicely. Town may of had a shot if we had gotten more investigative results. The NP being skipped on the night the Dreamer was meant to dream really hurt town. Also, I don't understand why Airmax recruited me. An extra confirmed person via mason PM would have been of great use. Still, nice balance.
• Intensity of the game. It was fast and filled with alot of activity. It was certainly a fun game, and Budda did a good job modding it.
• It wasn't so easy to find out who scum were. For Budda's first game, he made it interestingly complicated. This wasn't a follow the results game, which is a sign of good modding. Town had to depend on behaviorial analysis and good instinct. Unfortunately, I failed in this regards, but good job to Grey and Drafter nevertheless.
• I also would like to say I like the RNG idea alot. As proven by this game, randomnized roles can lead to a fun and balanced game. 

Things I didn't like

• The TP roles. As was proven, Budda basically gave mafia two extra players. That might not have been the intention, but Budda should have still counted it as a possibility and planned accordingly. Since TP played anti town, mafia basically had 6 votes in their favor from DP1 if you include the mafia poli. Town was at a huge disadvantage when it came to votes.
• All the inno's on scum. 3/5 of my investigations were of scum, but only one showed up as guilty. This ultimately lead to Johnny's lynching as F-16 would have been lynched first if he showed up guilty as he should have. I know there has been discussion about making TP's come up as inno, but I for my part dislike the idea. It gives TP incentative to play anti-town since they no longer have to worry about being investigated. In fact, they may play anti-town just to get investigated. Budda can continue to mod games the way he likes, but I have learned a lesson from this game.

You make a solid point with this. As I was making the game I contemplated whether or not the lovers should show up as guilty or innocent. In the future I'm most likely going to take it on a case by case basis rather than just making them innocent. I should have probably made them(or at least 1) appear guilty in this game. If it were a single survivor though, I likely would still keep it as innocent results.

• Town lost after 2 ml's. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but we should have been at least afforded 3 ml's. Two strikes and you're out seems a little bit unfair.  And even though it was lynching F-16 that lost us that game, it still was not a mislynch and F-16 and TUF made it clear they had a mafia agenda.

Things I learned
•Not to depend to heavily on roles and role justifications for reasons to lynch somebody. After Mestari's game, I was looking for patterns in role justifications to potentially find scum. I guess Mestari is an exception though. 

Yeah I apologize for the lack of depth with the role justifications. In the future I'll know to be much more in-depth :S

• To take things slower. We lynched F-16 without even getting FT's claim. Milk the DP I guess will be my new motto.

GG everyone and congrats to FT. FT is practically the reason mafia won, so congrats to him.

Thanks IFLY, plenty of helpful stuff.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 12:13:24 AM
I watched some of this game from the sidelines. IFH, I wouldnt shy away from analyzing justifications. It really depends on the mod as to how useful it would be. People like me and Drafter write really specific justifications and word them carefully, so what you did here would have been more successful in a game like that. But as a first-time mod, Budda would be much less likely to take into account how closely the town would analyze the wording, so a "mistake" like that should have been overlooked in this particular game. But overall I would say that analyzing role justifications are useful, so long as its not in a game ran by a new mod or F-16 (who purposely writes roles differently to confuse town).
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 12:14:13 AM
I can't really blame anyone but myself for miscalculating the number of mafia and trying to align myself with the mafia without knowing how many of them there were. If I just shut up, either FT or Drafter would have been lynched and we would have won.

I will say though that playing as third party is usually pretty annoying. If you have the time to be active, you can play pro-town, otherwise to me, it came down to trying stupid tricks and hope that they work.

I would highly suggest mods discontinue the "survivor" and "lover" roles. It isn't fun for them. It isn't fun for town since they spend a ton of time with pointless arguments about whether they should be lynched.

But regardless, I have to say Budda's game was extremely well done from a balance perspective. Niether side were too overpowered or underpowered.

Congrats on a great game.

@ Drafter, you can argue that I "justified" third party phobia but had I been active, I wouldn't have tried a cheap shot to win with the mafia so it is probably not a good idea to lynch me when I am 3P. To be honest, I don't intend to ever claim 3P again and will just pretend I am town, so it is a moot point.

Also, had you aligned yourself with me and kept your vote on FT, town would almost certainly have won.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 1:04:11 AM
At 7/8/2012 12:13:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I watched some of this game from the sidelines. IFH, I wouldnt shy away from analyzing justifications. It really depends on the mod as to how useful it would be. People like me and Drafter write really specific justifications and word them carefully, so what you did here would have been more successful in a game like that. But as a first-time mod, Budda would be much less likely to take into account how closely the town would analyze the wording, so a "mistake" like that should have been overlooked in this particular game. But overall I would say that analyzing role justifications are useful, so long as its not in a game ran by a new mod or F-16 (who purposely writes roles differently to confuse town).

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind for future games. It'll never become a primary reason for lynching somebody, but I might still use it in when building a case.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 1:07:35 AM
At 7/8/2012 12:14:13 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I can't really blame anyone but myself for miscalculating the number of mafia and trying to align myself with the mafia without knowing how many of them there were. If I just shut up, either FT or Drafter would have been lynched and we would have won.

I will say though that playing as third party is usually pretty annoying. If you have the time to be active, you can play pro-town, otherwise to me, it came down to trying stupid tricks and hope that they work.

I would highly suggest mods discontinue the "survivor" and "lover" roles. It isn't fun for them. It isn't fun for town since they spend a ton of time with pointless arguments about whether they should be lynched.

But regardless, I have to say Budda's game was extremely well done from a balance perspective. Niether side were too overpowered or underpowered.

@ Drafter, you can argue that I "justified" third party phobia but had I been active, I wouldn't have tried a cheap shot to win with the mafia so it is probably not a good idea to lynch me when I am 3P. To be honest, I don't intend to ever claim 3P again and will just pretend I am town, so it is a moot point.

Also, had you aligned yourself with me and kept your vote on FT, town would almost certainly have won.

I will admit that I wasn't in an area where I could think clearly at the time. I was literally on my way to unvote until I got home, but FT beat me to the hammer. Maybe if I had thought about it some more, I might of bought you and TUF were TP. Oh well.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 6:05:21 AM
At 7/8/2012 6:03:55 AM, drafterman wrote:
Wait... If FT never used his lawyer, how did he investigate innocent?

Nevermind
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 6:26:11 AM
At 7/8/2012 12:14:13 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Question: even if you had been active, if you came into that last DP and I was two votes away from being lynched, and you believed I was Town, would you and TUF have hammered?

That's what I don't get. You didnt have to out as Third party. All you had to do was agree with the case I presented against FT and just vote him. What really turned me against you was the fact you tried to convince me to ally with you, under the explanation that I was mafia trying to get a mislynch. Step one in endearing yourself to townies is NOT to call them mafia!