Total Posts:129|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Blaise Massacre Mafia DP 1

Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:02:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Living Players

1. F-16
2. Drafterman
3. Blackvoid
4. Royalpaladin
5. Bluesteel
6. OreEle
7. TV
8. Social
9. Mestari
10. DetectableNinja
11. Medic
12. Man-is-good
13. FourTrouble
14. Xerge
15. TUF

It takes 8 votes to lynch.

Rules

1.All standard rules apply. If you don't know what standard rules are PM me.
2. DPs will end based on which option has the most votes (if time runs out). Once a lynch is reached it is final.
3. Refrain from swearing, obscenities and such if you can. This is intended to be civilised, and a collegial atmosphere is most appreciated.
4. There is no LD of any sort. Don't waste my time with such statements (also, people win with the town) .
5. Graveyard tampering will not occur. You will see roles upon death (death being when one's role is displayed) exactly as the player who had that role saw it. However, one's role may not work exactly as displayed (ie. a cop who was naive won't be shown as naive)

Do not post copiously if there is no need to. Some players have stated that they might not be able to play if we see massive amounts of posting. What I'm saying is this - you can post freely, yet make sure it's game related and not unnecessarily repetitive; it's easier for us all.

Replacement / Timing Policy


DPs will be 48 hours, NPs 36 hours. I may consider a 12 hour extension to a DP if it is merited, but I will decide on that count. Night actions are encouraged to be done in a faster time span though.

The only exception to this will be if I am responsible for a delay, say, because I'm at school.

Replacement can occur if one does not participate for 48 hours. With regards to NP 'participation' , obviously some roles may not have night actions. Inactivity in such a period does not count towards replacement.

Finally, not that this should come as a surprise in a Mafia game, nobody involved in this Mafia game is to be trusted, besides yours truly.

If there's any confusion about anything ask in your respective role PMs.

Now let's have a quality Mafia game!

OP follows after this post.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:03:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In 2033, Blaise Industries is a large company specialising in various medical areas. Like other medically focused corporations, Blaise Industries focuses on things like genetic enhancement, augmentation through means such as prosthesis etc. Blaise Industries in 2033 is a company that matters for many people.

Ivis Helding, eyes closes, reclined in a bergere armchair as a lady came up to him and tapped his shoulder. With a relaxed poise he stood, thanked the lady and stepped into Koerner Blaise's office.

Ivis stepped quietly into the office as Blaise turned to face him. Ivis noted that his face looked terribly haggard after the long day.

Koerner's voice immediately stopped Ivis' subconscious analysing of the situation.

"Ivis, you're a smart fellow – you know why you're here tonight."
"Of course, as head of security at Blaise Industries, I'm responsible for making sure that this discovery becomes public without anything happening." Koerner lifted his hand, his characteristic signal that he had a lot to say.
"Ivis, this isn't just some regular security check."
"I know that."
"No, you don't grasp the full import of what I'm saying. 3 days ago we began some negotiations with the government. What was it about? A new discovery of ours meant that there was no need for copious amounts of rejection drugs. Do you know what that meant? People could now get unlimited augmentations, without the cost of the expensive drugs. A complete revolution in prosthesis. Now, everybody could get mental, physical, social augmentations – perform better than they once did without these augmentations – a mix of man and machine to use the phrase. I don't need to explain further – this is a massive, profitable revolutionary step, and we are the only ones to possess this technology – everybody else in the bio-modification and prosthesis market will be wiped out. As good corporate citizens though we've allowed the government in on this discovery, you know, eliminate poverty and all that." Ivis took a sip of his glass of water.

"I know. And the problem is that this discovery is big enough to have our competitors or a government organise some kind of espionage before the rollout of this technology in 2 days, following the completion of negotiations today." Koerner laughed, a smug grin on his face.
"It's always to see that security isn't just brawn. Look, it's unlikely that anybody actually has had the time to prepare an attack on our facility – they would have needed more time than the 3 days since any notice of this discovery was given. However, I want you..."

A voice broke out over Koerner's intercom, a high priority message. Ivis flicked on a screen.

"Koerner, we need reinforcements! We..."
"Gwydion is that you?" asked Ivis.
"Yes Ivis. Look, armed figures have stormed the building. Contact with Tyn's unit is becoming sparse – sounds like they're being overrun pretty easily. We're conducting a retreat to the inner facility and hoping to lock down in a few minutes and set up some robotic blockades. However, scanners indicate that a second armed force will be right on our heels and we might not be able to seal anything off." Koerner looked sharply at Ivis.
"Ivis, you need to get everybody you can in the next 5 minutes down to that facility and stop this raid. I'll get the police and army in to assist you, yet you'll have to survive the time until then. No matter what, you must prevent all prototypes from being destroyed! Use whatever means necessary to stop them. Figure out the details on the run – you don't have time! I'll be evacuating via helicopter and a general alarm will be sounded. Good luck Ivis." Ivis raced to get hold of his security unit.

Ivis and his men and women had arrived inside a security checkpoint. Ivis looked at a computer monitor – hostile units had breached the checkpoint parallel to his people.
"Gwydion, what the heck is happening?" he blared over his radio.
"No contact with Tyn's unit. A few of my men are setting up a forward defence position while me and my men conduct a retreat. Don't worry Ivis, I have my sword at the ready!"
"Gwydion, I'm more interested in whether you have your gun at the ready," stated Ivis.
"Oh, uh... yes, of course!" shouted Gwydion gallantly.
"Okay then. Now, we're going to reinforce you at the innermost barricade and send a team to try and save the scientists."
"Right."

Ivis and his people had arrived at the innermost barricade. Bodies lay strewn over the floor, blood covered the floor in a crimson red. However, the only bodies were Gwydion's men. Whoever the heck was attacking the facility was quite the enemy and had planned the attack well.
"Gwydion, how are you holding up?" The sound of suppressing fire tore through Ivis' radio.
"Ivis, I've only got a few people left! We can't hold out and we need urgent reinforcement by your people – they have heavy weaponry beyond imagination."
"What do you mean?"
"Ivis, they're using rocket launchers whereas we're using assault rifles. Also, most of that second team has joined up with the first team who attacked Tyn's men. Some people look to be attacking the scientists though..."

Ivis had a painful decision to make.

"Gwydion, I'm sending most of my people to your position. However, it's going to be surprise that counts, not numbers, so I don't think that a few people missing will make the difference. However, even if they fail if the scientists are saved we'll be easily able to rebuild the prototype. Besides, you know that I've got to..."
"I know Ivis! And now, I've got to get my sword drawn..."

Some things never changed.

Ivis was creeping through a maze of corridors, alone.

He had to save the scientists. His breakaway unit had put up a blockade to prevent the attackers from getting in. Scanners tended to suggest that nobody had broken into the scientists area, yet he couldn't be sure. Ivis turned the corridor, into a wide corridor, full of awe inspiring machinery.

A man carrying an assault rifle was ahead of him, unaware of his presence.

So, a few advance scouts had already gotten in. Given their heavy weaponry, a scout could probably take him in a straight fire fight. Perhaps stealth was the best option. With stealth, Ivis crept around the side of the corridor until he could strike the figure from behind. With a powerful blow, he smashed the back of the intruder's head.

The figure didn't fall.

Staggering forward, the figure seemed dazed. Ivis punched him again, this time a hard blow to the back. The intruder groaned, before Ivis hit him across the head again. Then, the intruder fell forward and his body crashed against a cylindrical object. Great, lots of sound.

Nevertheless, this was perhaps his only chance to examine the attackers. Leaning over, he saw that the attacker was heavily armed, just like Gwydion said. Furthermore the attacker clearly had quite the constitution, as proven by their brief fight. Of course, that could mean that the attacker...

Ivis was wrenched backwards and spun around by an unseen figure. Briefly facing the strong man before him, Ivis then fell backwards against the cylindrical object – a crippling blow to the stomach. With blurred eyes he saw another blow coming, and tried to parry it. He didn't.

Barely conscious, Ivis felt a tug on his collar, as if he were moving. Then he stopped.

Ivis was thrown against a powered object. Crashing through glass, Ivis then felt a terrible heat on him. An electrical fire was engulfing the entire corridor. Ivis passed out and was left to die.

Few survivors made it out of the brutal attack on Blaise Industries. All prototypes of the evolutionary advancement were destroyed, the facility in ashes, and any evidence of an attack ... burnt in the inferno that engulfed the facility.

Blaise Industries continues, but it's finances are horrible, it's most prestigious facility destroyed - the company in disarray...
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:04:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Meanwhile...

A roguishly charming figure opened a set of polished Victorian doors, swords drawn, and entered a lavish room. A lady relaxing in the room looked up, alarmed at the swords.
"My friend ... what are you doing here?"
"You allied with them. You condone that which we agreed to fight against."
"What are you talking about? Sure, I became one of..." The intruder cried, as if triumphant.
"And that is the end of the matter!"
"No, you misunderstand! I became one, to make sure I was heard better, my points understood. What hope do we have against them when they can be so very persuasive? No, I will fight for equality – everybody will be raised."

The figure laughed, a touch of insanity being barely audible.

"You're naive. Do you really think that you'll achieve equality? No, the only way to achieve equality is to bring every single one of the ‘raised' down. And the only way to do this, is to kill every one of the ‘raised' as you put it. A shame that you joined the ‘raised' ..."
"You're mad! You'd destroy a great chance for improvement for all of humanity? And what do you hope to gain if you kill me? You lack a popular base and the weaponry to actually achieve your goal! Killing me will just ostracise you even further from the public."
"It is about ideals my lady, now..."

A single stroke of the sword and blood was drawn.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:09:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:08:16 PM, drafterman wrote:
VTL Ore

I'd say I'm least familiar with Ore.

Hey, that's not very nice.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:10:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Oreele. I haven't played with him in months so I figure we can give him a nice welcome back present.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:11:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've never played with Ore either, but from what I understand, he's a good player. I'd rather pressure someone who is actually a noob.

VTL MIG for a claim
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:12:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:10:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
VTL Oreele. I haven't played with him in months so I figure we can give him a nice welcome back present.

And I haven't played with you in months.

What do y'all want? Character claim?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:14:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:12:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/10/2012 9:10:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
VTL Oreele. I haven't played with him in months so I figure we can give him a nice welcome back present.

And I haven't played with you in months.

What do y'all want? Character claim?

SSN. Credit Card #s. Mother's maiden name.

And your character.
Xerge
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:16:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:12:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/10/2012 9:10:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
VTL Oreele. I haven't played with him in months so I figure we can give him a nice welcome back present.

And I haven't played with you in months.

What do y'all want? Character claim?

Yes, I seek your character.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:17:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:15:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyone else thinking serial killer depicted in the last OP. Wants to kill these "raised" regardless of affiliation?

It seems like it, however, there was a similar end scene in Golden Garden which portrayed TUF as evil, but he was town.

Logic's OPs shouldnt be used to justify anyone's alignment. There has empirically been plenty of intentional bias in them.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:18:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:14:59 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/10/2012 9:12:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/10/2012 9:10:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
VTL Oreele. I haven't played with him in months so I figure we can give him a nice welcome back present.

And I haven't played with you in months.

What do y'all want? Character claim?

SSN. Credit Card #s. Mother's maiden name.

http://www.ssn.org...
member #2,887

no credit cards.

same as my Dad's, they were from the south.


And your character.

True Rolland
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:20:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:17:47 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/10/2012 9:15:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyone else thinking serial killer depicted in the last OP. Wants to kill these "raised" regardless of affiliation?

It seems like it, however, there was a similar end scene in Golden Garden which portrayed TUF as evil, but he was town.

Logic's OPs shouldnt be used to justify anyone's alignment. There has empirically been plenty of intentional bias in them.

True. I also wouldn't put it past him to deliberately play off of that. If I recall correctly, he deliberate out red herrings in his last mafia OPs.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:21:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Unvote VTL MIG
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:22:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:15:48 PM, drafterman wrote:
Anyone else thinking serial killer depicted in the last OP. Wants to kill these "raised" regardless of affiliation?

I'd know if I had read it.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:24:20 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
so now, what is the reason to vote MIG?

He's slipped up before. For instance, he got himself modkilled as the SK in Dexter mafia.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 9:28:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 9:25:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/10/2012 9:24:20 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
so now, what is the reason to vote MIG?

He's slipped up before. For instance, he got himself modkilled as the SK in Dexter mafia.

That wasn't a slip, it was him trolling on purpose. He's played once or twice since then and I haven't seen any repeat of that behavior.

However, the game had evolved a lot since Ore and MiG were regulars, so this can be considered their reChristianing.