Blaise Massacre Mafia DP 2

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:47:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A figure crept through a facility...

The figure noted his surroundings as he advanced stealthily, looking for his target. His target was...

Then his target walked in front of him, looked him square in the eye, ignored the assault rifle he had at the ready and began reciting something.

"I, Colonel Wallace Merill, demand that this illegal and improper trespassing activity cease immediately! On this point I stand as firm as the Rock of Gilbraltar!" The figure looked at the Colonel sardonically.
"And you are the one to be talking here? I've got the gun..."
"Well, it's a matter of following subsection 2 of the..."

The figure shot the Colonel in the head. The Colonel died instantly.

Mestari - Colonel Wallace Merill – You will not be intimidated. You stand as firm as the Rock of Gilbraltar when you make a decision. You are the jailkeeper. Each night you can protect and roleblock a person of your choosing. You win with the town.

Living Players

1. F-16
2. Drafterman
3. Blackvoid
4. Royalpaladin
5. Bluesteel
6. OreEle
7. TV
8. Social
9. DetectableNinja
10. Medic
11. Man-is-good
12. FourTrouble
13. Xerge
14. TUF

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:50:11 PM
Checking in, guys.

Anyway. I have no comment, as I felt the whole of DP1 was just a large argument over the merits of the "Noob theory" as well as a bit of WIFOM thrown in for good measure.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:51:12 PM
Guessing we're all claiming out characters right?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:53:40 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:51:54 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/11/2012 8:51:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I don't think so.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:53:56 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:51:54 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/11/2012 8:51:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I don't think so.

So we'll just wait to see if we have results then.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:54:23 PM
Well, oh well, what do we do now???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:54:57 PM
The OP doesn't give names out, so character names might not be super helpful. But then, they might not be really harmful to let out.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:56:35 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:54:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
The OP doesn't give names out, so character names might not be super helpful. But then, they might not be really harmful to let out.

Two things to consider.

1) The likelihood of a third party that has a role/win condition that involves character names?

2) Is it more likely that town or mafia would have roles that involve character names.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 8:57:38 PM
There is no point to out characters randomly. We have other ways to determine who we get claims from. For example, Ore suggested we pressure people who initiated pressure on others. Personally, I'm more interested in pursuing the FOS that social and BV put on bluesteel. If bluesteel is godfather, it will definitely put a small FOS on social and BV.

VTL bluesteel
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:00:53 PM
At 7/11/2012 8:57:38 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
There is no point to out characters randomly. We have other ways to determine who we get claims from. For example, Ore suggested we pressure people who initiated pressure on others. Personally, I'm more interested in pursuing the FOS that social and BV put on bluesteel. If bluesteel is godfather, it will definitely put a small FOS on social and BV.

VTL bluesteel

I'm not sure I understand this. Why would you FOS some people for their FOS of a godfather? Last DP was a bit muddled.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:02:35 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:00:53 PM, drafterman wrote:

VTL bluesteel

I'm not sure I understand this. Why would you FOS some people for their FOS of a godfather? Last DP was a bit muddled.

Tell me about it. I'm frankly quite lost.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:04:38 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:02:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

VTL bluesteel

Tell me about it. I'm frankly quite lost.

Yeah I don't get it either. Scum policy is to not initiate suspicion. If there is already suspicion then it might be good to jump on it sometimes but me starting FOS on BS if we're both scum is absolutely retarded. Anywho, VTL Bluesteel for character.
:
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:05:15 PM

VTL bluesteel

The logic has to do with the fact that mafia would want the godfather to get investigated as soon as possible (especially since that would help lend credence to whatever the godfather says in the DP). The conditional FOS is mostly directed toward social, who wasn't really taking the time to understand what I was saying and was just incoherently defending his actions when I suggested the FOS on bluesteel was uncalled for.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:07:18 PM
Seeing as I have no clue what's going on, and we're getting into a level of meta I've not seen in my years of Mafia, I'll just do a simple bandwagon.

VTL bluesteel

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:07:35 PM
The bad thing is that Mestari had a protective role. The good thing is that he (the player, not the role) is gone from the game (at least from my perspective). I was hoping that he would be replaced because of his inactivity, but this supplants that need.

I'm thinking that the Mafia took into account the fact that he was inactive when they made the kill because he is much better at playing scum than he is at playing town. That makes me think that F_16 is most likely suspicious, but it's not really concrete at this point.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:08:12 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:05:15 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

VTL bluesteel

The logic has to do with the fact that mafia would want the godfather to get investigated as soon as possible (especially since that would help lend credence to whatever the godfather says in the DP). The conditional FOS is mostly directed toward social, who wasn't really taking the time to understand what I was saying and was just incoherently defending his actions when I suggested the FOS on bluesteel was uncalled for.

That's a bit of a stretch...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:09:16 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:05:15 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

VTL bluesteel

Initiating pressure can also call for character and role claims which is why it's never used. It's not as if everyone finding Bluesteel suspicious would only result in investigation. Moreover, you're accusation at the end of your post is more or less incoherent itself. You kinda have a funny way of just posting unsubstantiated personal observations. But I suppose your FOS only becomes something more then mildly annoying if Bluesteel flips GF.
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:10:51 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:07:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
The bad thing is that Mestari had a protective role. The good thing is that he (the player, not the role) is gone from the game (at least from my perspective). I was hoping that he would be replaced because of his inactivity, but this supplants that need.

Unnecessary.

I'm thinking that the Mafia took into account the fact that he was inactive when they made the kill because he is much better at playing scum than he is at playing town. That makes me think that F_16 is most likely suspicious, but it's not really concrete at this point.

Sorry. It took me a while to type this post because once I saw you FOSing F-16 my eyes rolled out of me head and I had to feel around for them.

You're in a game with Mestari, FT, and F-16. Mestari is dead but can we pleasepleasepleaseplease avoid some sort of petty hundreds post flamewar? This is directed at FT and F-16 as well.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:11:05 PM
Pressuring Bluesteel is just a load of WIFOM. Now coming to Royal, do you always make it a habit to FOS me or just when you are mafia? How is Mestari getting killed indicative of me being scum? If anything, it indicates you being scum since you want him out of the game and you don't want him to catch you on your tells.

Also, I wouldn't put it past you to blame the choice of kill on me just to get some suspicion going.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:13:21 PM
@social

The FOS is conditional, so it's not even worth your time getting defensive about it. As for my personal observations, they produce responses from people which could be useful later. I'll keep offering some more, since we need to produce something to work with.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:13:22 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:11:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Pressuring Bluesteel is just a load of WIFOM. Now coming to Royal, do you always make it a habit to FOS me or just when you are mafia? How is Mestari getting killed indicative of me being scum? If anything, it indicates you being scum since you want him out of the game and you don't want him to catch you on your tells.

Also, I wouldn't put it past you to blame the choice of kill on me just to get some suspicion going.

He's perhaps the best player and he made one of the worst suggestions for town. The disconnect there warrants suspicion in my eyes.
:
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:13:50 PM
BV exhibited some interesting behaviors as well last DP. He asked what people thought of bluesteel's call for a mass-claim. Then, BV immediately FOS'ed bluesteel AFTER social FOS'ed him. This suggests that BV was thinking about whether to FOS bluesteel or not, but he didn't want to do it without getting the go-ahead from someone else first. This is the kind of behavior I usually expect from scum who want to FOS people without bringing unnecessary attention on themselves.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:15:03 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:13:21 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@social

The FOS is conditional, so it's not even worth your time getting defensive about it. As for my personal observations, they produce responses from people which could be useful later. I'll keep offering some more, since we need to produce something to work with.

Meh. That explains why you post so much personal analysis that I don't think is ever really substantiated. No offense of course.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:15:58 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:13:50 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
BV exhibited some interesting behaviors as well last DP. He asked what people thought of bluesteel's call for a mass-claim. Then, BV immediately FOS'ed bluesteel AFTER social FOS'ed him. This suggests that BV was thinking about whether to FOS bluesteel or not, but he didn't want to do it without getting the go-ahead from someone else first. This is the kind of behavior I usually expect from scum who want to FOS people without bringing unnecessary attention on themselves.

Could you post where he did that? I don't want to have to sift through the Dp to check.
:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:16:00 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:13:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/11/2012 9:11:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

He's perhaps the best player and he made one of the worst suggestions for town. The disconnect there warrants suspicion in my eyes.

What, the mass role claim? Everyone ponders that from time-to-time.