Jump to topic:

Kill Bill Mafia Endgame

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:29:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1st Place: Town! Congratulations town! (IFLY, Airmax, kyro90, HCP, LK, Fourtrouble, F-16, Caveat)
2nd Place: Mafia (BlueSteel, Social, Medic, Budda, vmpire)
3rd Place: Johnnyboy54

ROLES:

FourTrouble- Rufus- Vanilla- Town

Caveat- Gogo Yubari- Miller Messenger- Town

HCP- Nikkia Bell- Popular townie, until LYLO- Town

F-16- Beatrix Kiddo- Unlimited Joat- Town

Medic- Budd- Roleblocking PGO- Mafia

Bluesteel- O-renn Ishii- Even Night watcher/tracker- Mafia

IFLYHIGH- B.B. Kiddo- Beloved Daughter- Town

Airmax1227- Esteban Vihaio- PM spy- Town

SocialPinko- Bill- Truth extractor- Mafia

Kyro90- You are Pai Mai- Character description cop- Town

HCP1-Sofie Fatale- Role Cop- Town

Budda- Elle Driver- Voodooer- Mafia

LK- Thomas plymton- Townie lover- Town

Vmpire- Vernita Green- Goon- Mafia

Johnnyboy- Buck- Pill giver, Life/death pills- 3rd party

Medic1- Hattori Hanzo- 1x gunsmith- Town

FourTrouble- Boss Tenaka- Odd night watcher/tracker- Town

MY THOUGHTS ON THE GAME:

I think over-all both sides played really well, despite maybe a few mistakes on both sides.
I do genuinely feel for the mafia, and was rooting for them towards the end their. They faced some pretty tough challenges in this game, the biggest being fake claims. They're only only about 17 active characters in the movie, and I used up just about all of them, besides like 3 or 4 very very minor ones. So the mafia didn't have a lot of wiggling room in that respect.

On the other side, I gave the town a lot of scummy roles to off-set this. Unfortunately, they were able to slide, as most people figured out the mafia were probably the DVAS, and were right.

Also another challenge the mafia had was the lack of communication. I tried this is reservoir dogs mafia, and it seemed to work out well enough, given that the mafia won that one. But I guess this being a big game, it is not as likely to work unfortunately.

Some interesting things that happened:
DP1 Johhny getting counterclaimed by OneE's fake claim, had the mafia off to seemingly a good start, as it almost semi-confirmed medic. Unfortunately that didn't carry through to the end though. I was actually excited to see how that 3rd party role turned out, but unfortunately it didn't make it to the end.

I think the mafia played extremely well despite their loss. Most of it was too too bad luck however, as Kyro literally copped a guilty member for the first three night phases. Has kyro not been so lucky, I think the mafia would have had a much better chance at winning this. The only mistake I really noticed them make, was social pinko not taking the fake claim medic used, as he should have known he was copped by kyro when he was trained to recieve a public role cop. Also Medic did recieve a poli power one night over kyro's vote that he could have used to hammer out a mis-lynch, had he not been active for that period.

AWARDS:

Best Town Player:

F-16: He was inactive towards the beginning, but really strung it out there on the last few day phases. He impressed me thoroughly on both bluesteels, and medic's lynches. Had it not been for F-16, mafia may have been able to pull of the required mis-lynches for a win. Good job mate!

Other good town players: Fourtrouble, IFLY.

Best Mafia player:

Socialpinko: He was definitely playing really well, and right into the towns hands. Had he not been copped by kyro, I'm sure he would still be alive. I was hoping he would use his truth syrum more against the town, but I think he realized that maybe some townie would realize the connection between the truth syrum gun and bill. Anywas, he had great discussion between his mates, and helped with some good fake claims.

Other good Mafia players: Bluesteel, Budda (Helped the mafia get an extra kill on medic1)

I hoped you guys liked the game!

I know it was a little bit less complex than my normal games. I wanted to try something a little more straight forward, though I did put in the usual curve balls here and there. I feel the game was well balanced. If I could go back, I would probably put all the mafia in a PM together, and I think they would have fared better.

Anyways, leave your thoughts, opinions, and remarks in this thread please.

Thanks for playing!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:36:31 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:31:19 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Night actions?

Oh yeah, one second.

Why did Bluesteel "rage-quit" and then come back?

It was a ploy.

Who caused the "spraying?"

Kyro was confused about that. I said he was "sprayed in the chest with rock salt" Which is what Budd says to Beatrix after he shoots her at the beginning of volume 2. For some reason he failed to grasp that he was shot and roleblocked as a result of visiting medic.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:40:01 PM
NP1 Night actions

1. Medic- Waives.
2. HCP-Role Cops medic
3. LK- Sends message to HCP
4. F-16- kill Johhnyboy
5. SocialPinko- Kill's FT with vmpire, contact's BlueSteel, truth syrum f-16
6. Kyro90 trains vmpire
7. Buddamoose- Voo Doo'es medic "Well"
8. BlueSteel- N/A
9. IFLY- N/A
10. johnnyboy54 gave pills to OE (Night killed)
11. Tulle- N/A
12. Caveat- waive
13. Airmax- Recieve a message from LK
14. FourTrouble- Night killed.
15. DetectableNinja- N/A
16. OneElephant- N/A
17. Vmpire321- N/A

NP2 Night actions- Lost word document

NP3 night actions
1. HCP rolecops fourtrouble
2. F-16 Doc self
3. SocialPinko Kills HCP, truth syrums f-16, and opens pm with bluesteel
4. Kyro90 trains pinko
5. BlueSteel NA
6. IFLY NA
7. Tulle NA
8. Caveat Sends message to IFLY
9. Airmax receives message from kyro
10. FourTrouble2 NA
11. Medic2 NA

NP4 Night actions

1. F-16 Doc's self
2. Kyro90 Trains F-16
3. BlueSteel watched F-16
4. IFLY N/A
5. HCP2 N/A
6. Caveat waive
7. Airmax got results on F-16
8. FourTrouble2
9. Medic2 NA

NP5 Night actions

1. F-16_Fighting_Falcon- Doc self
3. BlueSteel N/A
4. IFLY N/A
5. HCP2 N/A
6. Caveat send messages to F-16
7. FourTrouble2 N/A
8. Medic2 N/A
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:48:22 PM
And btw, town MVP should be FT with Caveat a close second. FT dominated the initial stages of the game (I usually become more active late game). He pushed Budda's lynch which put mafia in a very weak position.

I would really have lynched HCP if it wasn't for Caveat convincing me to change to Medic. I totally bought that Medic was confirmed through contradicting Bluesteel. But Caveat came at a critical time and made a very convincing case for voting Medic swaying my vote.

Well done, both FT and Caveat.

I agree with TUF that mafia had a hard time and I won't pretend that it was easy for them. They should have been placed in a mafia PM and given fake-claims since the number of characters in the show was really low leading to counterclaims.

With that said, town mislynched only once (Airmax) which is pretty good for a town record. Props to Bluesteel for convincing me that Airmax was mafia as opposed to him. You are a really good mafia player and you really can change anyone's mind. I was however a little disappointed that you pretended to quit the game. I didn't think you would do that.

Overall, awesome game, TUF. I loved the theme. I loved the game - maybe town had it a little bit easier than usual but it was really fun all the same. Mafia were at a big disadvantage (no PM, no roleblocker0 but you made a good effort by giving us so many scummy roles and mislynch targets. I mean, Caveat's role demanded an insta-lynch :)
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:53:24 PM
Haha, I called HCP and Caveat as both being town DP5. It became super obvious Medic was the last scum when his claim contradicted what Kyro said. Good job F-16, FT, and Caveat for leading town to victory.

Note to mafia- Why did you NK me? That was the last thing I suspected lol.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:54:42 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:48:22 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
And btw, town MVP should be FT with Caveat a close second. FT dominated the initial stages of the game (I usually become more active late game). He pushed Budda's lynch which put mafia in a very weak position.

I would really have lynched HCP if it wasn't for Caveat convincing me to change to Medic. I totally bought that Medic was confirmed through contradicting Bluesteel. But Caveat came at a critical time and made a very convincing case for voting Medic swaying my vote.

Well done, both FT and Caveat.

I agree with TUF that mafia had a hard time and I won't pretend that it was easy for them. They should have been placed in a mafia PM and given fake-claims since the number of characters in the show was really low leading to counterclaims.

With that said, town mislynched only once (Airmax) which is pretty good for a town record. Props to Bluesteel for convincing me that Airmax was mafia as opposed to him. You are a really good mafia player and you really can change anyone's mind. I was however a little disappointed that you pretended to quit the game. I didn't think you would do that.

Overall, awesome game, TUF. I loved the theme. I loved the game - maybe town had it a little bit easier than usual but it was really fun all the same. Mafia were at a big disadvantage (no PM, no roleblocker0 but you made a good effort by giving us so many scummy roles and mislynch targets. I mean, Caveat's role demanded an insta-lynch :)

I am glad you enjoyed it! Also I agree that Caveat played great as well, he is a pretty good mafia player. Fourtrouble, just gets better with every game he plays, but I do respect and fear him as a mafia player, ever since the wire when he was literally the only person to consistently attack me, on dead on analysis.

Bluesteel always amazes me as a mafia player also. I will never forget all the crazy plays he made in wal-mart mafia, which definitely defined my view of him as an exceptional player.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:55:10 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:53:24 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
Haha, I called HCP and Caveat as both being town DP5. It became super obvious Medic was the last scum when his claim contradicted what Kyro said. Good job F-16, FT, and Caveat for leading town to victory.

They thought you were bluffing lol
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:57:20 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:36:31 PM, TUF wrote:
Night actions?

Oh yeah, one second.

It was a ploy.

Kyro was confused about that. I said he was "sprayed in the chest with rock salt" Which is what Budd says to Beatrix after he shoots her at the beginning of volume 2. For some reason he failed to grasp that he was shot and roleblocked as a result of visiting medic.

So how did he know that Medic was a white guy?

Which Medic did he check? He said "first Medic."
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 9:57:37 PM
Great game guys! Btw NP1 the word was "word"

NP2 it was LK and the word was Town

If only i had a thid, wouldve done "werd" just to mess with the persons head :P
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 10:08:20 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:57:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/11/2012 9:36:31 PM, TUF wrote:
Night actions?

Oh yeah, one second.

It was a ploy.

So how did he know that Medic was a white guy?

Which Medic did he check? He said "first Medic."

I honestly don't know what kyro was talking about. He was role blocked that phase. I think he meant spinko
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 10:16:45 PM
At 7/11/2012 9:53:24 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Blue suggested that it might work out if a dp is skipped no matter who kills you so I thought it would be worth the risk. That was really the only chance we had, but when it didn't work we were screwed.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 10:43:47 PM
Aside from the problems for mafia that are already listed, we had a couple other things that messed us up. Budda's role told people that they were voodoo'd after he visited, so it was hard to fake claim or explain away what he did. Medic2 told people that they were sprayed with rock salt if they visited me, so that was a dead give away that I was Budd and there is no way to talk myself out of that. I couldn't even fake claim because of that fact.

Aside from those problems it was a fun game. Congrats to town.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 12:19:48 AM
Awesome :D
I would have been pretty sad if I was wrong about Medic lol.

Fun game TUF, thanks for modding!
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 12:23:04 AM
At 7/11/2012 9:29:19 PM, TUF wrote:
1st Place: Town! Congratulations town! (IFLY, Airmax, kyro90, HCP, LK, Fourtrouble, F-16, Caveat)
2nd Place: Mafia (BlueSteel, Social, Medic, Budda, vmpire)
3rd Place: Johnnyboy54

ROLES:

FourTrouble- Rufus- Vanilla- Town

Caveat- Gogo Yubari- Miller Messenger- Town

Wait what? I was Miller too? LOL
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 12:55:20 AM
It's all pretty much been said. Thank you all for the praise. Getting airmax mislynched wasn't easy.

F-16, my "quitting" was the only thing that really convinced you I was innocent... I was a little upset with TUF over the strange results, but not enough to actually quit - just enough for the idea to quit as a ploy to occur to me.

That said, I made a ton of mistakes. If I had been paying attention, I should have told spinko to claim a white guy, given he knew Pai Mai visited him. I shouldn't have said my tracker results since they implicated medic. And I shouldn't have killed the princess. I just didn't get what part of IFly's role he could be hiding, except a description of a beloved princess, which seemed obvious. I thought maybe town was penalized either way for her death, since her being alive at the end is kind of key in Kill Bill. I also figured that it made sense that The Bride was doctor to protect her daughter, but it turns out F-16 was JOAT. Oh well, not a smart move. Medic could have theoretically got one mislynch, but doubtfully two.

I was really busy this game though. I wasn't intentionally inactive. When you guys claimed spinko and budda defended me, that's quite possible. I don't remember it, cuz I wasn't paying attention. But good call if they did. That wasn't strategic playing on their parts.

Good job F-16, caveat, and FT. You all had great instincts. Good job to spinko too - he used his role and did the kills well, given we all couldn't communicate. I don't like that format btw. The benefit of being mafia is being able to talk. Part of my intense confusion about kyro was that I was never given medic's role, even after being placed in a PM with him. Medic said that his real role had been claimed, when that wasn't true. So I don't like the no communication thing. I wasn't really paying attention (otherwise I might be more mad, if I was trying harder in the early game), but it seems that two mafiosos basically gave themselves away.

and OneE cc, I assume it was random chance - he fake claimed without realizing someone else had already claimed that, and luckily cc'ed a 3rd party. But that was brilliant (in the British sense).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)