Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Monopoly

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:31:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is a very simple game of monopoly using things on the site as property to buy, sell or perform other transactions with. It has rules specific to itself and is not entirely based of the actual monopoly game.

There is no limit to how many can play.

All players start off with Ð1,000, the "Ð" being the new DDO currency, the ddoddos, which my empire has just established.

There are two things people can buy, threads and profiles. The starting prices for all threads are how many posts are in them. The starting prices for all profiles are how many posts that person has.

Here is how the hypothetical "board" is set up. You may only move onto a certain thread or profile by this means:
1. You cannot go from thread to thread or profile to profile, it must be from profile to thread or thread to profile.
2. You may only move onto a profile if the person posted to the last thread you were on.
3. You may only move onto a thread if that thread is in the recent activity of the last profile you were on.

If you land on something that someone else owns, they can charge you rent for as much as they want.

Players can make any sort of possible deal with other players.

The game is perpetual without any real end. Everyone is trying to end up owning more.

This game doesn't need a moderator. I will be playing too. However, you are required to post any transactions you make here, for any other player to see. And you will need to check to see who owns what. If you land somewhere that someone owns, you must pay what they ask. When you post transactions, you should also show everyone what you own and how much Ð you have.

There are no turns. Everyone goes at once.

I think that's about it. As your emperor/dictator/poobah, I may impose other rules later on if and when as needed. I may even turn it into a sort of Feudalism after everything starts getting owned. It starts now.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:44:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
By the way, your starting point is this thread.

There is no collecting Ð200 by coming back to it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:05:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I purchase Freedo's profile.

I am now in debt Ð13,573.

I impose Ð1000 rent to anyone who makes a comment in a thread in which Freedo has also made a comment.
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:08:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:05:25 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I purchase Freedo's profile.

I am now in debt Ð13,573.

I impose Ð1000 rent to anyone who makes a comment in a thread in which Freedo has also made a comment.

No debt unless you make a deal with someone to get a loan.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I donate Ð2000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:29:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:08:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:05:25 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I purchase Freedo's profile.

I am now in debt Ð13,573.

I impose Ð1000 rent to anyone who makes a comment in a thread in which Freedo has also made a comment.

No debt unless you make a deal with someone to get a loan.

Oh, my mistake.. I'll hold on to my ddoddos then until I think of something worth purchasing..
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:29:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I donate Ð1000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.

Oh derp
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:30:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I donate Ð2000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.

I'd still be Ð2576 short.. but thanks for the donation

I now have Ð12000
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:36:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:30:46 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I donate Ð2000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.

I'd still be Ð2576 short.. but thanks for the donation

I now have Ð12000

You only have 2000.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:48:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:36:47 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:30:46 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I donate Ð2000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.

I'd still be Ð2576 short.. but thanks for the donation

I now have Ð12000

You only have 2000.

What happened to my other 10k?
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:53:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:48:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:36:47 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:30:46 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I donate Ð2000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.

I'd still be Ð2576 short.. but thanks for the donation

I now have Ð12000

You only have 2000.

What happened to my other 10k?

It's 1,000, not 10,000.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:55:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:53:20 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:48:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:36:47 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:30:46 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:29:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I donate Ð2000 to Airmax to help buy out Freedo.

I'd still be Ð2576 short.. but thanks for the donation

I now have Ð12000

You only have 2000.

What happened to my other 10k?

It's 1,000, not 10,000.

oh haha my mistake.. hoped no one would notice me embezzling ddoddos..

I guess I'll need a few more to buy the RAAMP thread then
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:05:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:55:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I guess I'll need a few more to buy the RAAMP thread then

That is the ultimate prize.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:09:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I may have to create a new rule which encourages people to cross over property people have already bought.

Any suggestions?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:09:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 4:08:42 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I hop to Airmax's profile and then to: http://www.debate.org...

I buy the thread.

I now have 978 left.

I impose a rent of 50.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:10:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 4:05:11 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:55:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I guess I'll need a few more to buy the RAAMP thread then

That is the ultimate prize.

There are some profiles worth more.. Yours, Royals, and Danielles immediately come to mind.. who is the current leader in forum posts?
Debate.org Moderator
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:14:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 4:10:52 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 4:05:11 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:55:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I guess I'll need a few more to buy the RAAMP thread then

That is the ultimate prize.

There are some profiles worth more.. Yours, Royals, and Danielles immediately come to mind.. who is the current leader in forum posts?

Danielle.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:31:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 4:14:48 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/13/2012 4:10:52 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 4:05:11 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:55:45 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
I guess I'll need a few more to buy the RAAMP thread then

That is the ultimate prize.

There are some profiles worth more.. Yours, Royals, and Danielles immediately come to mind.. who is the current leader in forum posts?

Danielle.

Well then Danielle's profile is the "Boardwalk" of DDO monopoly..
Debate.org Moderator
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:50:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So...by starting here, I am already on 950?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 6:40:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 2:45:04 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I buy this thread.
I have Ð998 left.

lol, Good investment..

If the game takes off You makin money.. If it doesn't.. it doesn't matter.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 7:55:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Go to Airmax's profile, then this thread: http://www.debate.org...

Buy it for $500

Charge $20 in rent to anyone who posts in it
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 6:56:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 7:55:19 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Go to Airmax's profile, then this thread: http://www.debate.org...

Buy it for $500

Charge $20 in rent to anyone who posts in it

It only cost 23.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 7:11:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As FT is now in debt by 3K Ds, and he has no property or other cash to make it up, I will collect his profile as he is bankrupt from me.
#FeeltheFreezerBern