Jump to topic:

Blaise Massacre Mafia DP 3

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 10:51:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Myrddyn Chaucher sat quietly in his humble abode, pressing his quill against his parchment, yet another map being made. Sometimes he reflected on the irony that his first name sounded like 'Meridian' . He wondered whom had come up with such a title...

A strong sound rang through the house as a figure approached Myrddyn.
"I don't believe we've met," stated Myrddyn plainly.
"Yes, we haven't..."

With a great cry Lord Pryderi followed through the a broken door and lunged at the figure. Myrddyn and the figure broke apart as Lord Pryderi lunged again. The figure drew a blade - a person always prepared for close combat - and parried the blow. Lord Pryderi stepped back.

"My Lord, you are no better than that other swordsman who I killed rather recently. Maybe you don't know my nickname - the slayer."
"I would deign to learn such a despicable name given it's obscurity."

Without further adieu, the figure attacked. Meanwhile, Myrddyn scrambled for a weapon. Unfortunately, mapmakers do not tend to have weapons on them, and a quill wasn't much use.

Blades clashed, the ring of steel singing through the air. The pitch heightened, the speed increasing. With a cry Lord Pryderi fell to his knees. At exactly the same moment Myrddyn struck at the figure, who with incredible speed dodged and struck out at Myrddyn. The figure prepared to finish Myrddyn.

Pryderi thrust himself at the figure, hoping to do something with his remaining strength.

It wasn't a fight.

Pryderi was thrown off contemptuously, impaled, and thrown aside. The figure turned to the dazed mapmaker.

"Well, we know at least one map that isn't being created." This time he used a gun.

Social - Lord Pryderi – You are the bodyguard, a man of valor, honour and so forth. Protect a person each night – 50% chance of you dying, 50% chance of driving off the attacker if they're attacked. You win with the town.

TUF - Myrddyn Chaucher – You're a lone wolf, a man who works day and night on mapmaking. Indeed, visits tend to irritate you a little. However, it is also a chance for you to chat. You are in effect a self watcher – you will be informed of whom visits you. Also, should a person return to you a second time you will learn whom they have visited on any other nights since their last visit. However, your solitude means that you can't cope well with multiple visitors – you will only learn one person's visiting past if multiple people visit you again on the same night. You win with the town.

And the remains of the deceased Pierre Girard reveal...

Medic - Senator Pierre Girard – My charismatic senator, you are a face the public trusts ... which is why the group of defence hawks who were worried about losing a military edge, through augmentation becoming vastly cheaper and more widely available, have you as their public voice. These defence hawks managed to get certain army groups to covertly attack Blaise Industries without their superiors knowing. Nevertheless, your charisma lets you influence public decisions greatly. Therefore, you are the double voter. You win with the Mafia.

A note about yesterday's issue

The role PM for Medic was obviously implicit about augmentation. However, when fake claiming Medic clearly missed this. However, my 2nd message to the Mafia explicitly clarified anything I'd forgotten, like saying Medic was an augment. It was relatively easy to see this. Nevertheless, I re-set the vote count for this reason. Overall though, Medic's lynch occurred for reasons other than the lack of explicit mentioning of augmentation, so it's not really a mod error here.

Most PMs do state this. Note that Social and TUF weren't augments.

TUF has replaced Xerge at Xerge's request to be replaced.

Living players

1. F-16
2. Drafterman
3. Blackvoid
4. Royalpaladin
5. Bluesteel
6. OreEle
7. TV
8. DetectableNinja
10. Man-is-good
11. FourTrouble
12. TUF

It takes 7 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:04:48 PM
At 7/13/2012 10:58:36 PM, tvellalott wrote:
What a mess.

You were accused of lying about your power, since royal seems to not even be able to FOS you. You ought to explain asap.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:08:08 PM
lol, what was with royal asking for protection? a bodyguard is supposed to die to protect more important roles. Who would protect a bodyguard.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:10:08 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:08:08 PM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, what was with royal asking for protection? a bodyguard is supposed to die to protect more important roles. Who would protect a bodyguard.

I dont know, but Medic did the same thing as the town BG in Action Movies :/
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:13:05 PM
btw, I asked logic to clarify if spinko protected TUF and the RNG said he would die, if that meant TUF dies too, or spinko protects him. The OP makes it pretty obvious that spinko protected TUF, but that's a weird BG role if it fails to protect and also kills the BG. I mean, I guess it helps balance the game.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:15:54 PM
Good god...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:30:27 PM
who kills the attacker? FOS all those BG's, since mafia should have thought twice before killing TUF if those BG's were on him.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:32:06 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:30:27 PM, bluesteel wrote:
who kills the attacker? FOS all those BG's, since mafia should have thought twice before killing TUF if those BG's were on him.

I explicitly said I was not going to be protecting TUF, so your FOS is ridiculous, since I'm the only bodyguard who 100% kills the attacker.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:35:37 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:32:06 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I explicitly said I was not going to be protecting TUF, so your FOS is ridiculous, since I'm the only bodyguard who 100% kills the attacker.

isn't there one who 50% kills the attacker?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:36:31 PM

also, broadcasting your move was unwise. try not to do so in future
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:36:40 PM
Mafia likely targeted TUF hoping that even if a bodyguard protects him, the bodyguard would die. Either that, or a vig killed Spinko or a serial killer pretending to be a vig by waiving his NP1 action.

Regarding Royal and TV, I find them both suspicious although it is unlikely that they are both mafia. But then again, Royal is notorious for using night actions on herself. She once had a scumbuddy kidnap her.

Anyways, yes TV should respond to the blackmailing charge. I want to hear what TV says about this.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:40:36 PM

I highly doubt you are actually a BG. Since it is in the past, care to share who you've protected the past NPs?

vote fourtrouble
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:45:07 PM
not sure what reason there is to doubt me... the FOS on me by bluesteel and Ore is extremely contrived and uncalled for.

when everyone decided it would be a good idea to have 5 bodyguards visit TUF (when he can't even confirm the person's role), I said this was dumb because we were wasting our protective roles on a single target. I never broadcast my night action, nor did I advocate doing so - I simply said I personally would not be visiting TUF as he already had others protecting him.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:47:52 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:04:48 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 7/13/2012 10:58:36 PM, tvellalott wrote:
What a mess.

You were accused of lying about your power, since royal seems to not even be able to FOS you. You ought to explain asap.

I didn't lie about my role. I said that the person I choose will be unable to vote for me permanently and that's demonstratably true.
Any additional aspects to my role were purposely withheld because my role is very powerful but certainly not confirmable in terms of affiliation to the point of likely been called a scummy role (hence my early claim). Additionally, the mafia would not want me around near the endgame if they knew the extent of my power. I am not augmented and I win with the town.

Having said that, now that there is suspicion on me I will fully claim. I am, as I said, Jerry Alisandros. I am a legend in the area of mass tort law. I also own a jet, but that seems to be irrelevant. The government wanted me to draft a case on why the attackers on Blaise industry should be in jail, to which I replied they're guilty of trespass (lol). The government didn't like that response. (Since medic was a politician and turned out to be mafia, I'm suspicious of anyone who claims to be government affiliated.)

My role justification is summorised as follows. My reputation and charm help to survive. Every odd night phase I may uncover the proverbial skeletons in anyones closet and threaten to sue them. This blackmail prevents that person from casting a vote or any kind of suspicion on me (though royal got around that, which is annoying). The first part (rep and charm) seem non-sequitor to my actual role. It seems as though my google-fu is very powerful and THAT actually protects me, but I digress; I didn't write this game.

inb4 lynch him.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:49:04 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:38:34 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I doubt mafia would have both a double voter and TV's role.

Stop buddying me motherfvcker.

Muh threads
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:49:34 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:49:04 PM, tvellalott wrote:

VTL TV. Better?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:50:10 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:40:36 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I highly doubt you are actually a BG. Since it is in the past, care to share who you've protected the past NPs?

vote fourtrouble

Unvote

I hadn't read the last of DP2 to where numerous BG claims came out.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 11:51:18 PM
At 7/13/2012 11:49:34 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 11:49:04 PM, tvellalott wrote:

VTL TV. Better?

OMGUS!

Muh threads
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 12:11:34 AM
Sorry folks, turns out I inaccurately numbered the living players list (8 ... 10) , and in turn stated the wrong number required to lynch.

Official Living Players List

1. F-16
2. Drafterman
3. Blackvoid
4. Royalpaladin
5. Bluesteel
6. OreEle
7. TV
8. DetectableNinja
9. Man-is-good
10. FourTrouble
11. TUF

It takes 6 votes to lynch.

The investigators target is...

FT - 1/6 - OreEle
TV - 1/6 - Blackvoid
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 12:16:25 AM
At 7/13/2012 11:13:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:
btw, I asked logic to clarify if spinko protected TUF and the RNG said he would die, if that meant TUF dies too, or spinko protects him. The OP makes it pretty obvious that spinko protected TUF, but that's a weird BG role if it fails to protect and also kills the BG. I mean, I guess it helps balance the game.

Unvote. Has logic responded?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 12:57:44 AM
At 7/14/2012 12:16:25 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/13/2012 11:13:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Unvote. Has logic responded?

Yeah, I just checked DDO again (btw, I won't be on tomorrow, most likely).

logic said the word "ordinarily" a bunch, strongly implying something weird is going on. I can't c/p his response, but he essentially said that one kill cannot kill both social (a BG) and TUF (the kill target). So either:

1) There were two NK's
2) Something "weird" is going on with roles

Probably the latter, given the storyline implies the killer targeted TUF but killed spinko first. So maybe mafia has the power to bypass BG's under certain conditions? or screw with their roles.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:01:50 AM
I get a town-ish vibe off tv, but we should potentially pressure/force him to stop using his role, in case he's mafia. I don't like the idea that we can't even FOS him. That means if he uses his power on all the most active players, no one will be able to garner others to vote for him.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:03:01 AM
But I don't get why he didn't divulge his full role... Isn't the point of claiming DP1 as "SOP for scummy roles" to come completely clean as soon as possible, so town believes you? Holding back the scummier part of his role is the opposite of that.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:07:31 AM
DEAD
1) Mestari - Colonel Wallace Merill - Jailkeeper - TOWN
2) TUF - Myrddyn Chaucher - Self-Watcher - TOWN
3) Spinko - Lord Pryderi - Bodyguard (50% protect/50% die) - TOWN
NP1: Waive
4) Medic - Senator Pierre Girard - Double Voter - MAFIA

ROLE CLAIMS
1) Tvellalott - Jerry Alisandros - Odd-night "Lawyer" (prevents people from voting him)
NP1: Targets Royal
NP2: ?????

2) Blackvoid - Jet - Messenger (Can't message Augmented players)
NP1: Targets Medic
NP2:

Bodyguard list:
3) FourTrouble - Ivis Helding - Bodyguard (100% kill) - "Heavily" Augmented
NP1: Protects himself

4) Drafterman - Tyn - Bodyguard (50% protect/50% nothing) - Augmented
NP1: Protects TV

5) Royalpaladin - Gilgamesh - Bodyugard (50% protect/50% die) - Not Augmented
NP1: Protects TUF

6) MIG - Ronin Hetgart - Bodygurd - (100% die) - Not Augmented
NP1: Waives

CHARACTER CLAIMS
7) Ore_ele - True rolland

UNCLAIMED
8) Bluesteel
9) DNinja
10) F-16
11) Xerge
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:09:28 AM
At 7/14/2012 1:01:50 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I get a town-ish vibe off tv, but we should potentially pressure/force him to stop using his role, in case he's mafia. I don't like the idea that we can't even FOS him. That means if he uses his power on all the most active players, no one will be able to garner others to vote for him.

Thats a good idea.

I dont even get why Logic would put the role in the game though. He implied in the co-mod PM that he didnt like how his role restrictions were bypassed, like Royal outing her results as the Cop and F-16 inadvertently FOSing the blackmailer by defending them. So I dont get why he's use the role again.

Maybe the role is different somehow. I messaged Royal last night but she hasn't logged on to respond yet. Maybe she can tell me something in there.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:10:40 AM
At 7/14/2012 1:03:01 AM, bluesteel wrote:
But I don't get why he didn't divulge his full role... Isn't the point of claiming DP1 as "SOP for scummy roles" to come completely clean as soon as possible, so town believes you? Holding back the scummier part of his role is the opposite of that.

You don't get it, even though I explained exactly why I didn't?
I didn't realise royal was going to find a backdoor way of FOSing me even though my role explicitly says she won't be able to (thanks for that Logic). I would have gone the whole game without revealing the other part because now you know how to get around it, it's completely useless.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:17:43 AM
Also, if you want me to stop using my role, you'll have to kill me.

Muh threads