Jump to topic:

Companies Mafia - DP1

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:14:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Standard rules apply, I'm sure everyone here knows them.

If a DP goes by extremely quickly, I might allow some limited posting after declaring a lynch.

If you're unable to log on for a DP because of RL, you are allowed to make one post after its ended.

That said, activity shouldnt be an issue considering that I specifically invited the players that post the most.

Active players:

1. F-16
2. Johnny
3. Drafterman
4. Royal
5. Spinko
6. TUF
7. Iflyhigh
8. Mestari
9. FourTrouble
10. Lordknukle
11. Airmax
12. HCP
13. Logic
14. Medic
15. Caveat
16. Budda

9 votes for a lynch. Gl.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:17:59 PM
Flying back from Mexico so this is likely my first and only post for this DP. This is for all those "Derp. He was inactive for a DP; he must be mafia herpaderp" people.

VTL Iflyhigh
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:19:36 PM
IM THE FVCKING MILLER AGAIN, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

nac
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:21:42 PM
At 7/15/2012 1:19:36 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

nac

Character and justification?
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:28:24 PM
I am Bain Capital. A private equity firm that is often on the news due to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, who was the CEO and chairman. After 1999, I fired a large number of workers, and invested heavily in Stericycle, which disposes of aborted fetuses. Naturally, Romney wants to avoid criticism from this, and therefore claims he "left" the company before this all happened. However, this claim has been heavily questioned and disputed. Due to the controversy surrounding my company, i am the Miller. I win with the town.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:29:47 PM
At 7/15/2012 2:28:37 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

nac

I hope you're kidding. I CC that.

inb4 BV puts in 5 millers cause, well, ever heard of an innocent corporation?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:31:27 PM

nac

Character and justification?
Debate.org Moderator
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:32:33 PM

nac

Not again, LOL.

Company and justification?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:40:52 PM
Well, my role PM says I investigate guilty but it doesn't say I'm miller, as I also have another ability, so maybe it's not a straight-up CC, although I do think I'm a mislynch target or something. I'm British Petroleum, hated around the world because of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:42:25 PM
At 7/15/2012 2:40:52 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Well, my role PM says I investigate guilty but it doesn't say I'm miller, as I also have another ability, so maybe it's not a straight-up CC, although I do think I'm a mislynch target or something. I'm British Petroleum, hated around the world because of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

I imagine I'll probably come under a lot of suspicion, but hopefully to get that out of the way, my role PM says I'm not such a bad company because I'm also the first oil company to pursue environmental protections.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:52:41 PM

Are you kidding me? I am not buying this. Why would you investigate guilty if you are not the miller? You have to be anti-town.

VTL FT
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 2:54:52 PM
At 7/15/2012 2:52:41 PM, TUF wrote:

Are you kidding me? I am not buying this. Why would you investigate guilty if you are not the miller? You have to be anti-town.

VTL FT

What is your other ability FT? Flavoured Miller is hard to come by... generally someone who investigates guilty and has another role is called Scum.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:11:43 PM
At 7/15/2012 3:03:43 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
You just cc'd the miller. Role claim in full and paraphrase your role.

It would be better if mafia didn't know my role, but whatever. I'm not the best at paraphrasing, but here goes...

I'm British Pretroleum. Even though I was the first oil company to support increased environmental protections and reduced greenhouse gas emissions, I've become one of the most hated companies in the world since the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Therefore, I investigate guilty. Since oil is found in almost any modern product and I do business with almost everyone, I am also a sensor.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:18:23 PM
At 7/15/2012 2:53:44 PM, drafterman wrote:
Sorry, it's Buddas claim I don't buy.

VTL Budda

For what reasons?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:21:11 PM
Guys, has BlackVoid put similar roles in games before to confuse town?

I don't know what to think here. I wonder if there is an ability that can find out the true affiliation of these companies, like in Vito's Revenge.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:23:31 PM
At 7/15/2012 3:21:11 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Guys, has BlackVoid put similar roles in games before to confuse town?

I don't know what to think here. I wonder if there is an ability that can find out the true affiliation of these companies, like in Vito's Revenge.

I hate invoking mod psychology, but to answer your question - yes and no. In his last game, BV gave the mafia a bunch of really great mislynch targets (like making the mason the United Nations and other such things), but I don't he's ever put a miller in one of his games, let alone two of them.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:25:56 PM
I buy both the claims. It is like BV to make things very difficult for town. Now that we have enough claims, we can get to the NP. His reactions to Logic in Logic's game solidifies my opinion of BV as a mod.

VTNL
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:28:36 PM
You all do realize that If you lynch me, you all better be ready to lynch FT next DP right? The only way I see this lynch being at a justified is if the CC policy is enacted. If that happens, I know I will flip innocent, so FT better be lynched or you all are hypocrites
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:36:23 PM
At 7/15/2012 3:28:36 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
You all do realize that If you lynch me, you all better be ready to lynch FT next DP right? The only way I see this lynch being at a justified is if the CC policy is enacted. If that happens, I know I will flip innocent, so FT better be lynched or you all are hypocrites

Messing with the Miller claim is pretty dangerous as scum. It would require mucho cojones to fake claim miller or even CC miller in my opinion. Trading 1-for-1 is high risk low reward for scum; it makes no sense this early in the game.

Despite how much I hate and am suspicious of millers, I'm inclined to believe both budda and FT at this juncture because I was the UN in Countries and that freaking sucked.

VTNL
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 3:38:31 PM
Time to board a 2 hour bus home.