Mafiascum

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 7:14:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Two things:

1) A lot of people here also play on epicmafia. Does anyone play on mafiascum? Apparently they have a lot longer games that last for weeks at a time comparable to some of the longest games on DDO. Anyone has an account? Apparently they run hundreds of games at a time although I have not seen it in practice.

2) They also have a wiki where each player has a page and they have a whole bunch of useful information (I remember myself and Drafterman often making threads based on their articles). How about a DDO Mafia wiki? I think Ore_Ele was in the process of creating it but it got derailed. Would anyone be interesting in making one? It is no doubt a large project but with 20-30 mafia players active on DDO, it shouldn't be too hard to create it over a long time frame. Thoughts?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 7:32:03 PM
At 7/19/2012 7:16:26 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If Ore_Ele or anyone else actually have a wiki created, the rest of us could fill it up. I am pretty sure one existed.

I wouldnt have a problem contributing my mafia theories to a wiki if one existed
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 7:41:45 PM
I tried playing this like 9 months ago. It took like 23 hours for someone to put me in a game and by that point I already lost interest. I may try again though if people here are going to play there
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:24:15 PM
I played a few games on there last winter. There are some really good players, but I could only do it as a supplement to DDO. The length of time it takes to play a game would drive me nuts if that was my only source of mafia. Three weeks for a day phase, a game with a one week day phase is considered a lightning game...lol.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:11:36 PM
If Ore_Ele or anyone else actually have a wiki created, the rest of us could fill it up. I am pretty sure one existed.

Some people fronted for a wiki a few times, and I've put the effort into making pages and gathering data for them, only for them to close down. I'm not going to spend more time updating a DDO wiki (or DDO mafia wiki) unless it is done by Juggle.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:40:58 PM
I'll help out with a DDO mafia wiki - I'm also interested in playing a game on mafiascum, if anyone else wants to we can sign up for the same game.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 11:32:34 PM
At 7/19/2012 11:00:53 PM, TUF wrote:
Let's create are own game and show em how to do it DDO style

haha that's a great idea, do you want to create it?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 1:46:46 AM
At 7/20/2012 1:44:01 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Got an account. My username is rapidcanyon.

Awesome. I just made mine - username is FourTrouble.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 6:46:30 AM
As for mafiascum, weeks long DP's is much too slow paced for my tastes. Those DP's likely get inflated to massive proportiona and I would prolly quickly lose interest, so no thanks. Ill stick with EM and DDO for now ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:10:45 AM
At 7/20/2012 1:50:36 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
@F-16

see any game you want to sign up for?

I checked /in next for the next normal game.

@ Medic, what is your username on mafiascum?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:14:01 AM
At 7/19/2012 9:11:36 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Some people fronted for a wiki a few times, and I've put the effort into making pages and gathering data for them, only for them to close down. I'm not going to spend more time updating a DDO wiki (or DDO mafia wiki) unless it is done by Juggle.

Who closed it down? The moderators at Juggle? That isn't really fair. Do you know why?

Also, at the time the wiki was created, inactivity was rampant. Now now we have a huge mass of active players that there is no way this will fail at this point.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:48:24 AM
At 7/20/2012 11:10:45 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/20/2012 1:50:36 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
@F-16

see any game you want to sign up for?

I checked /in next for the next normal game.

@ Medic, what is your username on mafiascum?

It's just plain Medic, no numbers.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:51:02 AM
At 7/20/2012 6:46:30 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
As for mafiascum, weeks long DP's is much too slow paced for my tastes. Those DP's likely get inflated to massive proportiona and I would prolly quickly lose interest, so no thanks. Ill stick with EM and DDO for now ;)

It does become very full of minutia, but it's also good practice for behavior analysis. I suggest playing beginner games first because it's quite different from playing here.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 6:52:07 PM
Gah, I fronted the money for 24 months of hosting, registered a domain name and with askbob's help, got a big chunk of the DDO mafia wiki done.

Do you think I could get people to contribute to it?

I would advise AGAINST anyone shelling out their personal money, instead I'd ask that airmax proposes adding an official Juggle-authorised wiki to the site to Juggle. If it were an actual part of the site, I think more people would contribute.

Also, I've played on Mafiascum quite a bit.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 6:54:29 PM
At 7/22/2012 6:52:07 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Gah, I fronted the money for 24 months of hosting, registered a domain name and with askbob's help, got a big chunk of the DDO mafia wiki done.

YES.

I would advise AGAINST anyone shelling out their personal money, instead I'd ask that airmax proposes adding an official Juggle-authorised wiki to the site to Juggle. If it were an actual part of the site, I think more people would contribute.

Why do we need Juggle? We can use free domains though I don't know how reliable they are. How much does a web hosting service cost?

Sweet. I made an account but hardly understand the structure of what is going on.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 6:59:56 PM
At 7/22/2012 6:54:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 7/22/2012 6:52:07 PM, tvellalott wrote:

YES.

Nope. People would lose interest once they realised that they would have to do actual work on it.

Why do we need Juggle? We can use free domains though I don't know how reliable they are. How much does a web hosting service cost?

Because if we had a little "Wiki" link, next to the 'Blog' link, it would be so much easier to get people interested. Trust me, having it outside the site makes it that much harder to get people to go to it, let alone contribute. Look at my guide to mafia; despite it being stickied, people still completely ignore it and ask questions that I clearly answer. I ended up shelling out more than 100 bucks on Godaddy and our bandwidth was still woeful.

Sweet. I made an account but hardly understand the structure of what is going on.

You HAVE to play a few newbie games before people will let you in their advanced games, so you'll pick it up pretty fast. Just be prepared for the games to go for months, because day phases last more than a week usually.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 1:25:47 PM
I'm considering trying this site but I don't like games where the DP's drag on...

There are two interesting rules they use: 1) mod kills are converted to 3P survivor and auto-lose, 2) play to win. playing against your win condition will result in mod-kill

that means 3P can't play pro-town or they are mod-killed and auto-lose. That definitely changes things.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 1:41:09 PM
At 7/24/2012 1:25:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm considering trying this site but I don't like games where the DP's drag on...

There are two interesting rules they use: 1) mod kills are converted to 3P survivor and auto-lose, 2) play to win. playing against your win condition will result in mod-kill

that means 3P can't play pro-town or they are mod-killed and auto-lose. That definitely changes things.

Do they specifically say 3P can't play pro-town? That isn't against 3P win condition, per se. A survivor, for example, could play pro-town.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 1:52:52 PM
At 7/24/2012 1:41:09 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/24/2012 1:25:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Do they specifically say 3P can't play pro-town? That isn't against 3P win condition, per se. A survivor, for example, could play pro-town.

I meant it as in claiming: "I'm the SK but I promise to play pro-town. You can kill me if I deviate from pro-town behavior." I don't know if you can claim survivor without getting lynched or mod-killed on the site. I assume you can pretend to play pro-town, as mafia does, but they clearly have rules about jettisoning your win condition and helping the town instead.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:43:53 AM
Does anyone here want to go over there today and play a noob game later today?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:50:16 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:43:53 AM, TUF wrote:
Does anyone here want to go over there today and play a noob game later today?

They are slow. I signed up for the next n00b game yesterday and nothing has happened yet.