Jump to topic:

Blaise Massacre Mafia DP 5

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 3:20:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ivis Helding stealthily investigated the residence of his suspect. Dim lighting, with a slightly odd tinge was impeding his investigation, although it was also giving him cover. Should it come to a fight though, he was ready. Ivis turned the corner, the lighting again obscuring his view.

Before him was the surprised face of the Slayer, Mordred. Both reacted instantly, although Mordred struck out first, slamming Ivis with his shoulder. Ivis thrust him off and rushed to disengage.

Mordred ran at him and struck out.

Ivis parried the blow, and the duo began a close quarters battle of fearsome agility and strength. Finally, with a quick jab, Ivis struck a downward blow on Mordred's shoulder. Not a fatal blow, but enough to slow the circulation, if only slightly.

The lights flickered, as if to briefly dim. Mordred disengaged, and fumbled for his gun. Ivis tackled him and the gun went flying.

Locked in a match of strength, the duo forced each other to a stalemate, evenly matched. It was only with a great cry that Ivis was thrown back in a great show of strength by Mordred. Drawing his sword, Mordred advanced.

But Ivis also drew his sword, and both were experts with the blade. With scintillating speed, both slashed and fought, a riposte of lightning blows occasionally catching the feeble light. It seemed like the epic would again become a draw...

Then Mordred's right arm began to tire, the circulation slowing.

Ivis renewed his slashing, and with a final effort smashed Mordred's sword from his grasp. Mordred cowered back.

"Well, it would seem that you aren't a match for me," Ivis said quietly. Slowly, he stepped forward. Mordred looked at him, waiting for a chance to strike, weaponless as he was. And then it came.

With a great heave, Mordred pulled the rug before him, causing Ivis to fall - the sword falling from his hand. With all the speed he could muster, Mordred struck Ivis over the head. Once at first, but then again and again. Finally, Ivis' body drew limp and his eyes closed beneath the onslaught.

Deadly tired, and wondering at just how difficult the kill had been, the slayer walked away, still clutching his injured shoulder.

[a quick note that this OP is obviously stylised...]

FT - Ivis Helding – You are Blaise Industries' head of security. ‘Brought back' from the gallows by revolutionary surgery given by Blaise Industries, you are now heavily augmented. You are the elite bodyguard - protect a person at night and if an attempt is made on their life you kill the attacker; you are also the brutal cop – investigate a player each night and roleblock them. Note: Your brutal cop powers won't roleblock investigation modifiers, should they exist, on your first check of a person. If you investigate a person a second time your role will act like a brutal piercing cop. Use one of the mentioned abilities each night. You win with the town.

The night was not just one of violence though, for the body of Ophelie Blaise was examined by her attacker and others, and weeping as they were at their seeming mistake, they discovered that the body was not Ophelie Blaise* but Celeste Zhao, the leader of Tai Yong Medical! Celeste had indeed enjoyed a special relationship^ with Koerner...

Upon further investigation they realised that Celeste had painted a false, innocent picture of herself prior to her death. Furthermore, her deceptions were elaborate...*+

F-16 - Celeste Zhao – You are the president of Tai Yong Medical, a major company in the bio-modification market; a competitor to Blaise Industries. It was your corporate espionage that allowed you to discover Blaise's discovery before their announcement and organise some ‘help'. Suffice to say, Blaise's discovery would have put you out of the market for sure.

Nobody has a clue that you were the instigator of the attack. You are innocent to investigation. Furthermore, your experience at twisting evidence means that you change 2 lynch results. Ie. Frame or lawyer ‘X is...' the results. The results will appear as normal the next DP though. You must submit this action before I write up the DP end scene.

Finally, you are extremely alluring, charming and so forth. Those who meet you become enamoured to you. For this reason, you are the enamourer. Basically, pick a person at will and you'll be placed in a lover's PM with them for the game. You win with the Mafia.

*did nobody realise I spelt it wrong in the DP end scene!?
^The end scene wasn't a total lie, it was true mostly...
*+ I allowed F-16 to say 'Auditor's Office' instead of 'Lovers PM'

Living players

1. Drafterman
2. Blackvoid
3. Royalpaladin (need replacement)
4. OreEle
5. TV (replaced by FT)
6. DetectableNinja
7. Man-is-good
8. TUF

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 3:27:45 AM
At 7/20/2012 3:20:19 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
F-16 - Celeste Zhao – You win with the Mafia.

I think this qualifies as a "Damn straight" type of moment.

VTL Drafter.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:02:27 AM
At 7/20/2012 3:34:27 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
FT can you summarize your role? i dont think TV ever did.

It's exactly what TV said. I make people unable to vote for me or put suspicion on me.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:04:43 AM
At 7/20/2012 4:02:27 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/20/2012 3:34:27 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
FT can you summarize your role? i dont think TV ever did.

It's exactly what TV said. I make people unable to vote for me or put suspicion on me.

What im saying is, why do you have the role you do? Im just wondering how logic justified blackmailer being town.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:16:52 AM
I'm a legendary lawyer, so my good name, wisdom, charm, and jet (owning a jet makes me awesome for obvious reasons) helps me blackmail people.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:21:02 AM
I'm not sure why I wasn't protected last night (referring to Ivis Helding character). I'm the only investigator, so I would think it was obvious I needed to be protected. Yet neither royal or MIG were on me. I'm not sure what it means, but this is definitely cause for a small FOS.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:24:53 AM
Lol. That wasnt TV's original justification (he did give one, actually), which was: "Every odd night phase I may uncover the proverbial skeletons in anyones closet and threaten to sue them."

Plus it took 28 minutes just to write your 2-sentence post about your role earlier, and 13 to come up with what you just wrote. I think you were busy looking through all the DPs to see if TV actually did paraphrase his role or not so you could make it match. I dont know why your justification is different though. Maybe you didnt see it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're 3P at this point but I dont really care. Town beating mafia is all that matters at this point. FT will basically go down as a townie at endgame. TV basically lurked his way to a win. When drafter flips as the last mafioso, it'll be a 3P win in name only.

I've asked MiG and OreEle to vote when they get on, hopefully this DP wont take too long.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:28:16 AM
At 7/20/2012 4:24:53 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol. That wasnt TV's original justification (he did give one, actually), which was: "Every odd night phase I may uncover the proverbial skeletons in anyones closet and threaten to sue them."

Plus it took 28 minutes just to write your 2-sentence post about your role earlier, and 13 to come up with what you just wrote. I think you were busy looking through all the DPs to see if TV actually did paraphrase his role or not so you could make it match. I dont know why your justification is different though. Maybe you didnt see it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're 3P at this point but I dont really care. Town beating mafia is all that matters at this point. FT will basically go down as a townie at endgame. TV basically lurked his way to a win. When drafter flips as the last mafioso, it'll be a 3P win in name only.

I've asked MiG and OreEle to vote when they get on, hopefully this DP wont take too long.

Woah BV... I'm not third-party. What TV wrote is in my role PM, but that's not a justification, it's a description of what it does. I gave you the background to my character that explains it. I'm not even sure why I'd need to lie about that.

The person who is closest to third-party is you, especially with your separate win-conditions and the fact that you keep recruiting people to something called the "resistance."
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 5:07:56 AM
There is no way BV isn't third-party. His win-conditions are both anti-town and anti-mafia. He recruits people to something called the "resistance," which is obviously against augments, except Blaise Industries is a bio-genetic research company that is all about augmentation.

I say we lynch BV today, to get rid of him. Then, we can lynch drafter and close out the game.

unvote VTL BV
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:02:36 AM
At 7/20/2012 4:21:02 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'm not sure why I wasn't protected last night (referring to Ivis Helding character). I'm the only investigator, so I would think it was obvious I needed to be protected. Yet neither royal or MIG were on me. I'm not sure what it means, but this is definitely cause for a small FOS.

LOL

You're going to FOS me after I "derailed" the drafter lynch and got F_16 lynched instead? F_16 was scum.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:04:12 AM
Anyways, at this point I should be considered confirmed town unless you think that I bussed F_16. As usual, I am always open to investigation.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:06:00 AM
Oh, and since F_16 and drafter were such great buddies until they manufactured that "conflict" last DP, I'm still suspicious of drafter.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:17:26 AM
At 7/20/2012 5:45:04 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/20/2012 5:20:15 AM, drafterman wrote:
VTL BV nac

lol.

I've been saying he is third party for a while now. The fact that you have a sudden change of heart is suspicious, to say the least.

I'll also note that F-16 was the Godfather, so that explains his slip with BV. He knew I wasn't the Godfather because he was.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:40:46 AM
Drafter, were you ever investigated innocent?

Also, FT, it was a good thing that we lynch F_16 instead of investigating him. He would have run roughshod over the town with that innocent; we would have lost.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:50:47 AM
At 7/20/2012 7:40:46 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Drafter, were you ever investigated innocent?

Not that I'm aware of.

Also, FT, it was a good thing that we lynch F_16 instead of investigating him. He would have run roughshod over the town with that innocent; we would have lost.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:00:15 AM
At 7/20/2012 7:17:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
VTL BV nac

lol.

I've been saying he is third party for a while now. The fact that you have a sudden change of heart is suspicious, to say the least.

I'll also note that F-16 was the Godfather, so that explains his slip with BV. He knew I wasn't the Godfather because he was.

I never said he wasn't third-party.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:01:47 AM
I think we can lynch drafter today. The problem is, if drafter is innocent, DNinja is probably the last mafia, and if we lynch DNinja, BV wins. So we have to lynch BV before we lynch DNinja. Otherwise, we can go ahead and kill drafter for now.

unvote VTL drafter
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:01:56 AM
At 7/20/2012 8:00:15 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/20/2012 7:17:26 AM, drafterman wrote:
VTL BV nac

lol.

I never said he wasn't third-party.

I don't recall you ever entertaining the idea until now. Now, all of a sudden, he has to be lynched.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:06:40 AM
At 7/20/2012 8:06:16 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
@royal

Why didn't you protect me last night?

and by that, I mean why didn't you protect FourTrouble1.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:09:35 AM
At 7/20/2012 8:06:40 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/20/2012 8:06:16 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
@royal

Why didn't you protect me last night?

and by that, I mean why didn't you protect FourTrouble1.

I forfeited my action. I was quitting the game. I changed my mind this morning.