Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner's 10.3 Endgame

Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:38:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Winners: Mafia

- Apollo
- Bossyburrito
- OneElephant

Second Place: Town

- Fourtrouble
- Westernmarch
- DaytonaNerd
- SarcasticIndeed
- Oberherr(DaytonaNerd2)
- Johnnyboy
- IFLYHIGH

Third Place: Cult

- HcP
- Medic(Recruited N1)

Roles

Mafia

- Apollo - Rolecop
- Bossyburrito - Watcher
- OneElephant - Roleblocker

Town

Medic - Cop(Insane)
Fourtrouble - Cop - Sane
Johnnyboy - Tracker(Paranoid)
Westernmarch - PGO
SarcasticIndeed - Enabler
IFLYHIGH - Bodyguard(50% protect, 50% die)
Daytonanerd - Bodyguard(50% kill, 50% die)
Oberherr(Daytonanerd2) - Samurai

Third Party

HcP - Cult Recruiter

Night Actions

Mafia

Apollo

N1: Target Johnnyboy
N2: Target SarcasticIndeed

OneElephant

N1: Target Foutrouble
N2: Target SarcasticIndeed

BossyBurrito

N1: Target Self
N2: Target IFLY

Night-Kill(person who carried it out)

N1: Bossyburrito
N2: Bossyburrito

Town

Medic

N1: Target HcP
N2: Dead

Fourtrouble

N1: Target Sarcastic
N2: Dead

Westernmarch - NO NIGHT ACTIONS

Daytonanerd

N1: Dead
N2: Dead

IFLYHIGH

N1: Target Bossy
N2: Target Sarcastic

SarcasticIndeed

N1: Target Bossy
N2: Target Johnny

Johnnyboy

N1: Target Fourtrouble
N2: Target Sarcastic

Oberherr(Daytona2)- NO NIGHT ACTION

Third Party

HcP

N1: Target Medic
N2: Dead
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:51:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Couple things to note

"It's a CC!"

Now on the matter of day phase one, where IFLY CC'd Daytona. Im honestly shocked that it didnt occur to anyone that perhaps maybe recieving full claims from both to see if there were any discrepansies in their roles. I purposely made the two bodyguards different flavors so that perhaps town would think twice about the lynch.

Too many times in games(especially recently) people have called something a CC that actually isnt a CC. This was a perfect example of it. In the future remember, CC's are only if the roles/character are the same. Similiar role arent cc's and that is something all of you would do well to keep in mind for future games.

"I AM NOT CLAIMING"

This I dont entirely understand. FT's refusal to claim essentially was the last straw that doomed town to a loss beyond a miracle happening. Once he died all maf had to do was kill Johnnyboy and all town investigative roles were gone. Behavioral analyisis wasnt going to help either as town was actig scummier than mafia was.

"HcP was not the Night-Kill!"

I definitely deserve partial blame for not stating that Medic was recruited night one in the DP2 OP. However at the end of DP2 everyone BUT Fourtrouble had come to the realization that HcP was the NK and Medic was another kill entirely. In the end FT wasnt even lynched over that, he was lynched because he refused to claim.

Other than that, any thoughts? Tips? Suggestions? I felt the game was properly balanced, but as per usual this game is usually a giant town debacle regardless of how balanced the game itself is ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 9:07:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 8:51:38 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Couple things to note

"It's a CC!"

Now on the matter of day phase one, where IFLY CC'd Daytona. Im honestly shocked that it didnt occur to anyone that perhaps maybe recieving full claims from both to see if there were any discrepansies in their roles. I purposely made the two bodyguards different flavors so that perhaps town would think twice about the lynch.

Too many times in games(especially recently) people have called something a CC that actually isnt a CC. This was a perfect example of it. In the future remember, CC's are only if the roles/character are the same. Similiar role arent cc's and that is something all of you would do well to keep in mind for future games.

"I AM NOT CLAIMING"

This I dont entirely understand. FT's refusal to claim essentially was the last straw that doomed town to a loss beyond a miracle happening. Once he died all maf had to do was kill Johnnyboy and all town investigative roles were gone. Behavioral analyisis wasnt going to help either as town was actig scummier than mafia was.

"HcP was not the Night-Kill!"

I definitely deserve partial blame for not stating that Medic was recruited night one in the DP2 OP. However at the end of DP2 everyone BUT Fourtrouble had come to the realization that HcP was the NK and Medic was another kill entirely. In the end FT wasnt even lynched over that, he was lynched because he refused to claim.

Other than that, any thoughts? Tips? Suggestions? I felt the game was properly balanced, but as per usual this game is usually a giant town debacle regardless of how balanced the game itself is ;)

Yeah, we blew this one.

I'm signing up for 10.4 (which I heard is the last 10.x drafter game)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 9:22:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Beginner's 10.4 will be the final game in this Beginner's Series of games. It will be a themed game that will implement the aspects(not necessarily all of them though) that have been introduced a step at a time in this series.

I only need a replacement for one person, Oberherr.

1)

I also strongly suggest that Westernmarch makes an effort to be more active than he has been, as the entire last game he was skirting the line of inactivity and thus being replaced.

The Theme: Stargate(SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe)

ETA: Tonight or Tomorrow at some time.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 9:25:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Actually I changed my mind, goin with a custom theme game. Stargate will be saved for a regular game as it has the potential to be a much larger game.

The Name of the Theme will be: Poseidon's Rage
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 6:56:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This was one of the worse town performances I've ever seen. It was like every townie was acting like royal in The Wire, completely ignoring, distorting, or misrepresenting my analysis. I guess they were too scared I was mafia, so instead of actually listening, they just assumed anything I said was said to manipulate them. IFLY kept saying I said things that I never said. I recommend in the future, regardless of whether you think someone is scum or not, that you read what they say carefully enough to actually understand what they are saying. The worst thing a townie can do in this game is misrepresent someone.

A large part of the responsibility for the town's loss should also go to Budda. The HCP/medic mistake was huge. If someone is recruited to cult, it is ALWAYS announced that they are recruited. Since it did not say that medic was recruited, the town should have deduced that HCP was NOT the night-kill. Of course, it was a huge failure on the part of the town to not realize this or its consequences: if medic was not recruited, then HCP died by recruiting a mafia.

I made this clear in the game. I said it multiple times. I clearly pointed out that HCP was not the night-kill because medic was NOT recruited. This should have led to the mislynch of johnny, as johnny said I visited the night-kill. If I had visited HCP (who wasn't the night-kill), then there was NO reason for me to kill. If I had visited the night-kill, I would have claimed. The fact that medic's role didn't say he was recruited should have led to the mislynch of johnny, which was unfair to the town either way.

The fact that I refused to claim is ultimately irrelevant to the outcome of this game. If I had claimed, the town would have lynched between me and johnny either way (and they probably would have lynched me). There was a not a single person on the town-side who actually tried to understand what I was saying in this game. The mafia had no reason to. Of course, catching the mafia was literally impossible in this game since everyone was going after me.

I offered a defense. There are certainly people who think I didn't offer a defense, but I did. I pointed out exactly why johnny was lying (if Budda wasn't). I always assume players are lying before I assume the mod is lying. The SOP is to assume players lie, mods don't. The SOP is NOT to lynch someone just because they refuse to claim. There must ALWAYS be more reasons to lynch someone than just because they refuse to claim. I offered an adequate defense without needing to claim, in pointing out that johnny was lying. The town chose to ignore it, and that's THEIR fault, not mine.

I'm particularly disappointed in the play of IFLY. He kept saying I said things I never said, and he didn't once try to ACTUALLY understand what I was saying. I think everything he said was either a misrepresentation, or an attempt to find a logical flaw in my analysis (which he never actually found). I blame Budda, johnny, and IFLY for the loss. johnny should have been able to deduce HCP wasn't the night-kill, and he shouldn't have directed pressure to me.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:08:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 6:56:01 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
This was one of the worse town performances I've ever seen. It was like every townie was acting like royal in The Wire, completely ignoring, distorting, or misrepresenting my analysis. I guess they were too scared I was mafia, so instead of actually listening, they just assumed anything I said was said to manipulate them. IFLY kept saying I said things that I never said. I recommend in the future, regardless of whether you think someone is scum or not, that you read what they say carefully enough to actually understand what they are saying. The worst thing a townie can do in this game is misrepresent someone.

A large part of the responsibility for the town's loss should also go to Budda. The HCP/medic mistake was huge. If someone is recruited to cult, it is ALWAYS announced that they are recruited. Since it did not say that medic was recruited, the town should have deduced that HCP was NOT the night-kill. Of course, it was a huge failure on the part of the town to not realize this or its consequences: if medic was not recruited, then HCP died by recruiting a mafia.

I made this clear in the game. I said it multiple times. I clearly pointed out that HCP was not the night-kill because medic was NOT recruited. This should have led to the mislynch of johnny, as johnny said I visited the night-kill. If I had visited HCP (who wasn't the night-kill), then there was NO reason for me to kill. If I had visited the night-kill, I would have claimed. The fact that medic's role didn't say he was recruited should have led to the mislynch of johnny, which was unfair to the town either way.

The fact that I refused to claim is ultimately irrelevant to the outcome of this game. If I had claimed, the town would have lynched between me and johnny either way (and they probably would have lynched me). There was a not a single person on the town-side who actually tried to understand what I was saying in this game. The mafia had no reason to. Of course, catching the mafia was literally impossible in this game since everyone was going after me.

I offered a defense. There are certainly people who think I didn't offer a defense, but I did. I pointed out exactly why johnny was lying (if Budda wasn't). I always assume players are lying before I assume the mod is lying. The SOP is to assume players lie, mods don't. The SOP is NOT to lynch someone just because they refuse to claim. There must ALWAYS be more reasons to lynch someone than just because they refuse to claim. I offered an adequate defense without needing to claim, in pointing out that johnny was lying. The town chose to ignore it, and that's THEIR fault, not mine.

I'm particularly disappointed in the play of IFLY. He kept saying I said things I never said, and he didn't once try to ACTUALLY understand what I was saying. I think everything he said was either a misrepresentation, or an attempt to find a logical flaw in my analysis (which he never actually found). I blame Budda, johnny, and IFLY for the loss. johnny should have been able to deduce HCP wasn't the night-kill, and he shouldn't have directed pressure to me.

No FT. Don't blame IFLY. You were defitenly the worst town player this game. You missed so many things, told BS that the mod ha to clarify, mislead town, tried to lunch Johnny based on fallacious reasoning (which was pointe out to you on several occasions).

HCP IS NOT THE NK!
HCP IS BULLETPROOF!
JOHNNY IS LYING!
TWO PEOPLE KILLED THE NIGHT KILL!

Not your best performance.

IFLY was in a terrible position. Once he VTL'ed west for a claim, we bandwagoned. Nothing he could do.
Sapere Aude!
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:22:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@Apollo

1) The LOGICAL conclusion: HCP was not the night-kill. The right conclusion is not always the the LOGICAL conclusion. It doesn't change the fact that the correct conclusion from town's perspective, given the information we had, is that HCP died trying to recruit a mafia. I was the only townie who was taking the information we had and drawing out their conclusions.

2) The LOGICAL conclusion, given the information we had, was thus that johnny was lying.

3) I NEVER said "two people killed the night kill." You are still putting words in my mouth, after the game is over.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:28:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@FT

I understood perfectly that you probably didn't visit the NK. What you didn't get- even after I pointed it out several times- was that it didn't matter. I realized that Johnny's results had a good chance of being flavored. I personally felt that Johnny was insane tracker(gets random results). Yet when I pointed this out, you didn't even have the courtesy to consider it. You did not once consider Johnny being flavored, but rather believed he was lying.

It was because of this that I wanted you to claim, not because I thought you killed HCP or Medic. You kept narrowing on Johnny as being mafia with absolutely no reasons to support. I wanted you to claim because of your behavior, not because of who you visited. If you backed of Johnny and realized he was just a flavored tracker, we could of moved on to other suspects. But no, it was either your way or town loses. You were focusing on people for the most absurd reasons- Sarcastic and Johnny being prime examples.

You say claiming wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game, but that is incredible false. If you had just claimed, realized your behavior was off, we could have moved to getting a claim from Apollo. It might have been that town lynched Apollo that day as he was rapidly gaining suspicion.

Also, it is SOP to lynch those that refuse to claim. While the initial reasons may not have been good enough, stagnating the DP for long periods of time- almost to the point of the DP expiring- is always good enough reason to claim. But in this case, the initial pressure on you to claim was also good enough as your behavior was way off.

I would like to say that I did in fact listen to you and corrected myself anytime I misinterpreted something you meant. I would like you to point out any examples where I did not.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:29:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:22:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@Apollo

1) The LOGICAL conclusion: HCP was not the night-kill. The right conclusion is not always the the LOGICAL conclusion. It doesn't change the fact that the correct conclusion from town's perspective, given the information we had, is that HCP died trying to recruit a mafia. I was the only townie who was taking the information we had and drawing out their conclusions.
it is A logical conclusion. But you ignored all the other more likely ones. HCP could have recruited medic. Johnny could have been flavored.

2) The LOGICAL conclusion, given the information we had, was thus that johnny was lying.
Or johny was flavored.

3) I NEVER said "two people killed the night kill." You are still putting words in my mouth, after the game is over.
You accused bossy of being overeager tracker, which would require 2 people to have carried out the NK.
Sapere Aude!
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:35:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@Apollo

1) If medic had been recruited, Budda should have said. I already pointed this out many times.

2) An INSANE tracker has NEVER been seen, as far as I'm concerned. There is no way Budda introduced that role in a Beginner game like this. Sorry. He would have saved it for his theme game.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:40:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@FT- Why dismiss the possiblilty of an insane tracker? Budda plays alot of epic mafia where the roles are somewhat different. There was no guarantee that he woudn't include an insane tracker. He actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about the role.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:41:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@IFLY

I never saw you suggest "insane tracker," but if I had, I would have responded. You did say johnny could be overeager, which I clearly pointed out is impossible. I think you probably said the insane thing after I had left, and I didn't have a chance to respond after that until I was lynched, so that's still town's fault for not waiting for a response.

The SOP is not to lynch people just because they refuse to claim. There have been many cases where townies have refused to claim, even to the point of being lynched. I've personally seen drafter do it before. I can promise you no one lynched because of SOP, even though he refused to claim. He was town.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:42:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:40:05 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@FT- Why dismiss the possiblilty of an insane tracker? Budda plays alot of epic mafia where the roles are somewhat different. There was no guarantee that he woudn't include an insane tracker. He actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about the role.

Anything is "possible." I said this in the game itself. Anything is possible. That doesn't mean it's probable.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:47:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@IFLY

First thing I said on page 1 of DP2 was that johnny probably got a flavored result on me. Then, when I found out the nature of his result (me visiting HCP), I knew he was lying.

I suggest you read through the DP again.

http://www.debate.org...

This is where johnny says I visit the night-kill, but he hasn't said I visited HCP yet. Then, when I point out HCP died trying to recruit a mafia, johnny DOES NOT say HCP was the night-kill. Instead, johnny agrees that HCP is not the night-kill. He says the other option is HCP died from a PGO.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I want you to notice as you read the DP again, the first thing I did was say johnny is paranoid because he saw me the visit the night-kill.

Then, I point out HCP died trying to recruit mafia (the logical conclusion). johnny agrees.

Then, I vote for Apollo.

Then, johnny says I visited HCP.

I take my vote off Apollo, because at that point, it is obvious to me johnny is lying. First, he admits HCP was not the night-kill. Then he says I visit the night-kill. Then he says I visit HCP. It does not add up.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:54:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:41:35 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@IFLY

I never saw you suggest "insane tracker," but if I had, I would have responded. You did say johnny could be overeager, which I clearly pointed out is impossible. I think you probably said the insane thing after I had left, and I didn't have a chance to respond after that until I was lynched, so that's still town's fault for not waiting for a response.

You had plenty of time to respond. And does it really matter? Why were you depending so much on Johnny's results as a clear indication he was lying? Especially in a flavored game? Even if I didn't mention the idea of a insane tracker, you should of still considered it. Again, it was because you didn't consider the possibilty that really made me want to get your claim.

The SOP is not to lynch people just because they refuse to claim. There have been many cases where townies have refused to claim, even to the point of being lynched. I've personally seen drafter do it before. I can promise you no one lynched because of SOP, even though he refused to claim. He was town.

Ok, so how do you plan on getting people to claim in the future? If they have no fear of being lynched, then they have no incentive to claim. It is SOP to lynch those that refuse to claim because they will never claim otherwise. Again, the initial reasons for getting somebody to claim may not be good enough, but stagnating the DP is always reason enough for a claim.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:55:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:42:27 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/21/2012 7:40:05 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@FT- Why dismiss the possiblilty of an insane tracker? Budda plays alot of epic mafia where the roles are somewhat different. There was no guarantee that he woudn't include an insane tracker. He actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about the role.

Anything is "possible." I said this in the game itself. Anything is possible. That doesn't mean it's probable.

I want to emphasize this again. IFLY's analysis was all about how things are not "impossible." IFLY said it's not "impossible" that HCP was the night-kill. Of course it's not impossible. But if it did happen, it means Budda is lying, which is improbable. This game is about probability, not possibility. Anything is possible. And any analysis that uses "possibility" rather than "probability" is weak and has no impact.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:58:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is BAD to consider EVERY possibility. Otherwise, you will be paralyzed, unable to make a decision. I do not consider "insane tracker" a probable role, even in a flavored game. I was right about that.

The point is, my analysis in the game was correct, given the information we had. If it had said medic was recruited, I would have known johnny was flavored. Otherwise, my analysis was actually the right analysis for the situation presented.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:07:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:47:46 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@IFLY

First thing I said on page 1 of DP2 was that johnny probably got a flavored result on me. Then, when I found out the nature of his result (me visiting HCP), I knew he was lying.

I suggest you read through the DP again.

http://www.debate.org...

This is where johnny says I visit the night-kill, but he hasn't said I visited HCP yet. Then, when I point out HCP died trying to recruit a mafia, johnny DOES NOT say HCP was the night-kill. Instead, johnny agrees that HCP is not the night-kill. He says the other option is HCP died from a PGO.

Actually he said "and before FT fake claims vig." He obviously thougt HCP was in fact the NK. I did not see him agree that HCP was not the NK, I only saw him considering the possibility. Second post up from the bottom on page five.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:08:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:50:06 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I want you to notice as you read the DP again, the first thing I did was say johnny is paranoid because he saw me the visit the night-kill.

Then, I point out HCP died trying to recruit mafia (the logical conclusion). johnny agrees.

Then, I vote for Apollo.

Then, johnny says I visited HCP.

I take my vote off Apollo, because at that point, it is obvious to me johnny is lying. First, he admits HCP was not the night-kill. Then he says I visit the night-kill. Then he says I visit HCP. It does not add up.

That is what his results say. There was no reason at this point believe he was lying about his results. Again, he never said HCP was not the NK, he said it was a possibility.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:11:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:55:33 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/21/2012 7:42:27 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/21/2012 7:40:05 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
@FT- Why dismiss the possiblilty of an insane tracker? Budda plays alot of epic mafia where the roles are somewhat different. There was no guarantee that he woudn't include an insane tracker. He actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about the role.

Anything is "possible." I said this in the game itself. Anything is possible. That doesn't mean it's probable.

I want to emphasize this again. IFLY's analysis was all about how things are not "impossible." IFLY said it's not "impossible" that HCP was the night-kill. Of course it's not impossible. But if it did happen, it means Budda is lying, which is improbable. This game is about probability, not possibility. Anything is possible. And any analysis that uses "possibility" rather than "probability" is weak and has no impact.

It does not mean Budda was lying. Medic could have been killed by some other means as Johnny pointed out. PGO was one possibilty. You paid way to much attention to Johnny's results.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:14:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/18/2012 12:07:10 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/18/2012 12:03:22 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
HCP tried to recruit mafia. The correct question we should be asking is, who did HCP try to recruit?

Unless we can get watcher results, it is wasted energy to try.

Could have been a PGO though.

@IFLY

This is from the link I sent you, which is page 3 (page 5 is irrelevant for my analysis, so I don't know why you even bring it up as a counter). This is before johnny said I visited HCP, but AFTER johnny said I visited the night-kill. It implies that johnny does not think HCP is the night-kill.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:14:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 7:58:54 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
It is BAD to consider EVERY possibility. Otherwise, you will be paralyzed, unable to make a decision. I do not consider "insane tracker" a probable role, even in a flavored game. I was right about that.

The point is, my analysis in the game was correct, given the information we had. If it had said medic was recruited, I would have known johnny was flavored. Otherwise, my analysis was actually the right analysis for the situation presented.

If it had come down to Budda lying as you said, then yes we should dismiss that possibilty. But in a flavored game, you paid way to much attention to Johnny's results and just couldn't consider him being a flavored tracker. Even if Medic wasn't the recruit

A) Medic could have still died by other means and
B) Johnny could have been insane tracker

These were both good enough reasons not to just lynch Johnny. You never had a case against him.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:17:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@IFLY

I can't convince you, regardless of what I say, so I'll drop it. I recommend you reevaluate the way you play this game, because it's not working.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:18:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 8:14:02 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 7/18/2012 12:07:10 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/18/2012 12:03:22 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
HCP tried to recruit mafia. The correct question we should be asking is, who did HCP try to recruit?

Unless we can get watcher results, it is wasted energy to try.

Could have been a PGO though.


@IFLY

This is from the link I sent you, which is page 3 (page 5 is irrelevant for my analysis, so I don't know why you even bring it up as a counter). This is before johnny said I visited HCP, but AFTER johnny said I visited the night-kill. It implies that johnny does not think HCP is the night-kill.

And I provided links to where he implied he did think HCP was the NK. Example being where he said "Inb4 FT fake claims vig."

I'm sure he was just responding to your post as a possible scenerio to how HCP died. While it could be inferred he thinks HCP wasn't the NK from this post, there is a lot of other post to suggest otherwise. He did not say "HCP wasn't the NK" like you keep saying he did. He has only ever agreed to the possibility.
IFLYHIGH
Posts: 5,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:19:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 8:17:16 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@IFLY

I can't convince you, regardless of what I say, so I'll drop it. I recommend you reevaluate the way you play this game, because it's not working.

LOL. I caught on to both OneE and Apollo being mafia. You caught on to Apollo at the very end. So I don't know what wasn't working for me.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:38:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 8:19:29 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 7/21/2012 8:17:16 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@IFLY

I can't convince you, regardless of what I say, so I'll drop it. I recommend you reevaluate the way you play this game, because it's not working.

LOL. I caught on to both OneE and Apollo being mafia. You caught on to Apollo at the very end. So I don't know what wasn't working for me.

This. I felt that IFly was more of a threat than you, FT.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OneElephant
Posts: 1,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 9:25:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/21/2012 8:19:29 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 7/21/2012 8:17:16 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
@IFLY

I can't convince you, regardless of what I say, so I'll drop it. I recommend you reevaluate the way you play this game, because it's not working.

LOL. I caught on to both OneE and Apollo being mafia. You caught on to Apollo at the very end. So I don't know what wasn't working for me.

I bet you wouldn't have gotten a lynch on me though :B