Jump to topic:

Stranded! Mafia Day Phase One

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 5:50:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Prelude: The scenario presented in this game is one of a group of people stranded on an island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. The group had been crew members or guests aboard a Disney Cruise Liner, who tragically struck a reef in the middle of the night, somehow sinking the ship. To their knowledge, they are the only ones of the island. 

STRANDED DAY 1

SQUAWKK!! SQUAWKK!! SQUAWKK!!

The man groaned, as cold water rushed under him, briny and salty, the taste filled his mouth. He coughed, spitting up blood as he did. Rolling over he opened his eyes. The hot sun beat down upon him, blinding his sight. 

Slowly sitting up he looked around, he was on a beach, quite obviously. Debris could be seen scattered about, washed up on the sand. More debris could be seen floating in the water. Then suddenly the man saw someone swimming in the water, towards where he was. He could faintly hear him yelling, "HELP! HELP!" the swimming man was screaming. 

Diving up and rushing into the water, both men quickly were next to each other. "Help me please, ive hurt my leg and I'm barely staying afloat here!" Soon enough both men were on the beach. Physcially exhausted, the injured man turned over, "names Willie, friend, whats yours?" He asked. 

"Jaffary," the second man replied. "Well nice to meet you Jaffary, you saved my life." 

"It was nothing," Jaffary replied, "just did what anyone wouldve done in the situation." 

Both men looked around examining their surroundings, finally both coming to the realization that they should find out whether or not there were any other survivors. 

Soon enough within a few hours, a small group of people had formed, just 20 in total, the only known survivors of the sunken cruise ship. 

Jaffary and Willie got everyone's attention, and Jaffary began speaking. "Listen up everyone! We need to seperate ourselves into groups that will accomplish certain tasks. We need groups for the following things: Salvaging what we can from the debris thats washed up; Building Shelters; Searching for a source of fresh water; building signal fires and anything else that may hell flag passing ships or planes; finally exploring the island itself, i suggest working our way around the entire thing, using the beach, to get an idea of how big this island really is. Any questions?" 

Soon enough the group of people had been split into smaller groups, and were working on the tasks that had been given to them. 

Jaffary and Willie were the ones that were going to explore the island. They walked around the beach for a few hours, before finally realizing that the island itself was very large. Then they spotted a cave. "Hey Willie, what do you say about takin a look in there?" Jaffary asked

"Sounds like a good idea, might find a freshwater source in there, and if so it would make a nice shelter," Willie responded. Both men walked into the cave. It was very dark, so Jaffary walked back outside, and came back in a few min later with a large branch, covered in what looked like tree sap. He then took out a box of matches he had found washed up, and after trying a couple, finally got the branch lit. The entrance cavern was enormous, the flames from the make-shift torch barely lighting the far edges. Though no water could be seen, both men could hear what sounded like flowing water, coming from inside the cave. Finally they saw a small crevice in the wall, barelt enough room for a man to squeeze through. Both men made their way into it, slowly moving deeper into the cave. After what seemed like a good hour of walking in a pathway that varied from cramped and small walkways, to large hallways, they finally arrived... at a dead end. 

"What!?!" Willie exclaimed, "i can hear the water, it sounds so close now!" He pounded his fist against the wall, suddenly the wall in front of them started to rumble, and finally move! What they saw when it was open shocked them, it was a cavern full of treasure! 

"Oh my God!" exclaimed Jaffary, "this is crazy, how did it get here?" 

"I have no idea," exclaimed Willie, "but imagine how rich we will all be now when we are rescued!" 

The men slowly walked around the entire cavern, they saw piles of gold coins, jewels, jewelery, artifacts, all seemingly priceless. However, there was one item that was out of place, a dusty journal. Jaffar picked it up, "come over here and look at this!" he beckoned Willie. Willie came over, asking, "hmm, wonder what its a book of?" 

Jaffar slowly opened the book, the words on the front of the page could faintly be seen, but looked as if they said, "Captain's Log." Then after that page, nothing, the pages all looked like they had been soaked or torn out. Until, they reached the last page:

Captains Log: Day 60

Almost everyone is dead. After we discovered the treasure, people started dissapearing. We're not sure if they're still alive, or dead, but we do know that something terrible is happening. Damn the day we found that treasure, its turned all of us into primal animals, scratching and clawing at each other, willing to kill to take sole claim of it. Well what all these fools dont understand, is that me and a group of others, have decided that the best way to ensure the treasure becomes ours respectively, is to group up, and kill the remaining people. Then we will hide their bodies, and once we are rescued, nobody will suspect at all what happened. 

Hopefully rescue comes soon, but not too soon , as we are all starting to go a bit mad. Its the heat and the isolation I think. Just driving us all a bit mental. All I know for sure though, is nobody but us will have this treasure, and if anyone so as comes near it, they will die. I can just imagine life back in civilization now, i'll be richer than Oprah hahahah. 

Willie and Jaffary looked at each other, when they were both finished reading. "We need to leave now," Willie spoke. Both men turned to exit, and just as they did, felt pricks in their necks, as if they had been stung by a bee. Pulling out whatever stung his neck, Willie looked at it, it was a dart. He looked around confused, finally slumping over next to an already unconscious Jaffary.

The next day when everyone awoke, Jaffary and Willie were hanging from a palm tree in front of the camp, necks snapped, slit wide open as well, dead. On their chests, were painted the words, "TRESPASSERS AND
THIEVES WILL DIE."

Living Players

1. Medic
2. Apollo
3. BossyBurrito
4. OneElephant
5. SarcasticIndeed
6. DaytonaNerd
7. Westernmarch
8. Johnnyboy
9. IFLYHIGH
10. HcP
11. LordKnukle
12. NerdyKiller
13. GreyParrot
14. Blackhawk
15. Vmpire
16. TUF
17. xxdarkxx
18. Logic_on_Rails

With 18 players alive it takes 10 votes to lynch!

This Day Phase will end at 7:00 PM Tuesday 7/22

Good Luck to all!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 5:51:59 PM
VTL xxxardax for character claim

I'm probably going to be inactive for DP 1 because nothing ever interesting happens and I'm watching Russel Peters and Louis CK.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 5:56:20 PM
At 7/22/2012 5:51:59 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
VTL xxxardax for character claim

I'm probably going to be inactive for DP 1 because nothing ever interesting happens and I'm watching Russel Peters and Louis CK.

VTL xxxardax as well.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 6:11:44 PM
I can definitely see Budda giving all of the power roles to the noobish players, as it is part of the Beginner games series.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 6:45:50 PM

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Dark(4/10) - LK, Sarcastic, Medic, TUF

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 7:01:00 PM
HOW DO YOU WRITE A FVCKING BOOK ON A PHONE???
Well, VTL Dark as well.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 8:35:49 PM
At 7/22/2012 6:21:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
ill make a full claim after 2 other people char claim.

Nobody expected you to. But you can claim if you want.

Is there any particular reasoning behind your decision?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 10:05:55 PM

Ummm. Why? Do you need two other people to character claim, or do just want two people to character claim?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 12:05:36 AM

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Dark(7/10) - LK, Sarcastic, Medic, TUF, IFLYHIGH, Bossy, Daytona

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:20:47 PM
Bump
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:17:02 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:15:45 PM, TUF wrote:
Let's just lynch dark. He is post poning the DP

http://alccorting.files.wordpress.com...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:23:56 PM

You are going to claim without waiting to one vote away from being lynched and even then not claiming?

Who hacked your account?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:38:30 PM
I win with the town.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:39:51 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:17:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/23/2012 3:15:45 PM, TUF wrote:
Let's just lynch dark. He is post poning the DP

http://alccorting.files.wordpress.com...

I agree. Kind of want TUF's claim now.

Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:58:50 PM
VTL TUF for a claim for obvious reasons.

7 is enough pressure. No sense in waiting for dark's claim and stagnating the DP, as FT would say.
Sapere Aude!
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 4:08:50 PM

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Dark(7/10) - LK, Sarcastic, Medic, TUF, IFLYHIGH, Bossy, Daytona

Sarcastic(1/7)- Vmpire

Apollo(1/7)- TUF

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 4:17:45 PM
I am a miller.

I am Albert Le Fou, a shady man that smuggled illicit drugs onboard to sell to guests. People are uneasy around me, which is why I'm forced to work in the engine room, away from other people. While the ship was sinking, I only cared for myself, and pushed women and children aside so I can get to a lifeboat first. That's why I'm a Miller.
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 4:22:01 PM
At 7/23/2012 4:17:45 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
I am a miller.

I am Albert Le Fou, a shady man that smuggled illicit drugs onboard to sell to guests. People are uneasy around me, which is why I'm forced to work in the engine room, away from other people. While the ship was sinking, I only cared for myself, and pushed women and children aside so I can get to a lifeboat first. That's why I'm a Miller.

Dang. That's cold blooded man. Sounds more like a survivor than a miller.

This is an eighteen player game, so 3 claims should be enough. We should get Dark and then maybe TUF to claim and then VTNL, I guess.