Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Companies Mafia - DP5

BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:32:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lynched last DP:

Caveat - You are Facebook, inc. While generally regarded as a productive company, you repeatedly have to deal with controversy surrounding privacy invasions and lower workforce productivity due to workers spending too much time on your site. Still, your vast network of profiles allows anyone to find out who other people are and what they're doing. Each night you can either Role Cop or Track a player. You win with the mafia.

Killed last NP:

N/A

Active players:

1. Johnny
2. Drafterman
3. Royal (TUF2)
4. Spinko
5. Iflyhigh
6. Mestari (F-16(3))
7. HCP
8. Logic
9. Budda

It takes 17.2 votes to lynch.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:36:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 8:32:44 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Killed last NP:

N/A

Dat doc :) another clear woohoo!

Active players:

1. Johnny
2. Drafterman
3. Royal (TUF2)
4. Spinko
5. Iflyhigh
6. Mestari (F-16(3))
7. HCP
8. Logic
9. Budda

: It takes 17.2 votes to lynch.

Wut?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:38:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A note about talking after the Day Phase has ended. Normally, I don't. However, in an environment with others continuing to talk, argue, and provide analysis, and absent any explicit mod statement to not do that, it's hard to remain removed from the situation. While BV has stated that you get one post after the DP has ended if you did not post during the DP, he also said he would allow limited posting if the DP ended rather quickly, which the last did. However, Logic seemed to be rather perturbed at that kind of posting, so I have front-loaded my response for this Day Phase.

That said, I find the level of snark in Logic's reply to be somewhat unsettling. Certainly not what I expected from a normally reserved player and member here. While my own comment was a bit needling, it was entirely within the realm of expectation. How can you, one the one hand, assert that the point to your role is to pierce Millers, not investigate the Miller, and then balk when someone questions why you haven't investigated the miller!

You alluded to some sort of criteria about how you have determined your investigation targets but I don't see it. However, do not take this as an invitation to explain it to me; I don't care. I don't care because the only relvant thing to take away from your choice of investigation targets is the fact you didn't investigate either of the Miller claims.

If you're going to claim that the primary benefit of your role is to see through obfuscations, such as Framer, Layer, Miller, and Godfather, then I don't see how you can voluntarily decide NOT to investigation one of those targets. And that isn't even consideration of this game specifically. I would be suspicious of your choice in any game.

Yet, given how the DP1 of this game went, with two Miller claims, people taking sides, FOSing one over the other, FOSing neither, FOSing both, you decided, in your infinite wisdom ... to investigate medic. Then, given DP2, with continued argument over whether or not Budda was actually Miller, with the idea being tossed around that they are both mafia claiming Miller to get one or the other confirmed, you decided, in your infinite wisdom ... to investigate F-16. These choices boggle the mind.

Furthermore, a consequence of your role is that you roleblock people. So not only have you decided to limit the utility of your role by not investigating the Miller claim, but you have deliberately impeded the utility of other Town roles by roleblocking them, instead of the claimed Millers! While we got lucky in the case of Medic, there is no way you could have known he was such negative utility. By targeting one of the Millers, you roleblock no one or a lying mafioso.

By any stretch of the imagination, Budda or FT were, objectively and absolutely, the only real choices for your investigations NP1. Budda was your only real choice on NP2 (having not investigated him NP1). Also, in evaluating your claim and your actions, I find it rather interesting that each of the people you have investigated die the following night. You investigated medic NP1, he dies NP2. You invesigated F16(1) NP2, he dies NP3.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:39:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dude what if theres a cult? In a 16 person game does anyone else find that likely? Cause I'm kind of gettin this bad feeling. Logic's point about no TP's being uncovered yet holds some merit imo
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:42:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Drafter that was epic...

Im still worried about any possible TP's though...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:44:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 8:42:10 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Drafter that was epic...

Im still worried about any possible TP's though...

Mm. Meh. I don't see what we can do about it.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:49:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 8:44:29 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/24/2012 8:42:10 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Drafter that was epic...

Im still worried about any possible TP's though...

Mm. Meh. I don't see what we can do about it.

If there is a cult, it would be game over anyways i would think. 9 players, cult recruits 1 per night, wouldve won last night. There would be five total cult now, and theyd have a majority, game would be over

Your like correct in that what you are saying. Been dead on this whole game, haha

VTL Logic
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:51:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 8:48:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
BV, what is this nonsense with the votes needed to lynch?

Lol, its just a joke.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:30:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll admit that I'm not town and have been lying most of this game. However, the best lies have truth underlying them.

Let me speak before my lynch folks. F-16... is not town. He is a 3rd party lyncher. I'm Baidu. He's google. Get our little problem?

Don't lynch me till I can explain in more depth. I'm at school now, so that might be a while...
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:32:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:30:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I'll admit that I'm not town and have been lying most of this game. However, the best lies have truth underlying them.

Let me speak before my lynch folks. F-16... is not town. He is a 3rd party lyncher. I'm Baidu. He's google. Get our little problem?

Don't lynch me till I can explain in more depth. I'm at school now, so that might be a while...

Why would TP lyncher have cop powers?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:33:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:32:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/24/2012 9:30:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I'll admit that I'm not town and have been lying most of this game. However, the best lies have truth underlying them.

Let me speak before my lynch folks. F-16... is not town. He is a 3rd party lyncher. I'm Baidu. He's google. Get our little problem?

Don't lynch me till I can explain in more depth. I'm at school now, so that might be a while...

Why would TP lyncher have cop powers?

Why do you assume he has cop powers at all?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:34:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In immediate retrospect, that question made no sense, I apologize
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:35:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:33:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/24/2012 9:32:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 7/24/2012 9:30:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I'll admit that I'm not town and have been lying most of this game. However, the best lies have truth underlying them.

Let me speak before my lynch folks. F-16... is not town. He is a 3rd party lyncher. I'm Baidu. He's google. Get our little problem?

Don't lynch me till I can explain in more depth. I'm at school now, so that might be a while...

Why would TP lyncher have cop powers?

Why do you assume he has cop powers at all?

Didn't he get the guilty on caveat last DP?

He got a guilty this DP on someone who is now confirmed antitown.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:38:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For instance, nobody seems to have thought of a very real possibility - there are no remaining Mafiosos, only 3rd parties.

The 3rd parties are a major balancing mechanic in this game. 3rd parties have to lynch some townies, wipe out their competitors. That's the compensation in this game for the small Mafia.

Obviously these parties have to have some power to search for their enemies given the set-up of Mafia. That's why F-16 has cop like powers. Note that F-16 simply said something about 'information' when justifying his role. It's not specific to a cop claim, and I believe he has additional powers.

So why did I lie? I'm not stupid enough to claim Baidu when I now that F-16, Google, was trying to lynch me. I knew that Google existed prior to this game. I've been trying to wrack up pressure yet Caveat's lynch yesterday made him look confirmed.

Does this sound like babble? Probably. Let me remind you though - it's a very real possibility that no Mafiosos exist. After all, who is the doctor?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:38:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:36:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
Lynch logic. If f16 or Mestari were lyncher, they'd go after logic a while ago.

I agree, but we still my want to be a few claims.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 9:40:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:36:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
Lynch logic. If f16 or Mestari were lyncher, they'd go after logic a while ago.

I fake claimed to avoid that.

My actions have seemed nonsensical because my motives haven't aligned with the town. I knew that Budda wasn't the person trying to lynch me. That's why I didn't supposedly check him earlier in the game.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 10:00:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:45:23 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
What were your night actions again Logic? Didn't you get an inno on Mestari/F-16?

I lied about my role. I'm not a cop. That partially explains why I kept getting already known results. I have certain abilities that I can use at night to enable my survival until my lyncher is dead. One of these abilities is roleblocking. How does this help you ask? It enables me to claim jailkeeper or brutal cop with relative ease. When I claimed brutal cop I did so because there was a JOAT and back up JOAT. I was sure that no other investigative roles existed.

Now, I have other abilities. However, I considered role confirmation better than other alternatives like bulletproof. I was pretty sure that my lyncher didn't have night kill powers, so bulletproof only protected against Mafia kills. Hence, I thought roleblocking was more useful than bulletproof.

Look, the town is in a great position right now. The only real threat is some malovolent 3rd party, like a lyncher. If Mafia are alive we'll see this NP. I doubt a doc would protect the right person repeatedly, and we don't even know that one exists!

Lynch F-16, and we'll prove my claim. I have absolute confidence that he is 3rd party. If he's not then something strange is going on. As I said, I'm 100% sure that he is 3rd party.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 10:01:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:45:23 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
What were your night actions again Logic? Didn't you get an inno on Mestari/F-16?

An excellent point. He claimed this inno after F-16 outed as Google. This is a ploy. No, johnny, we don't need claims.

LYNCH HIM!
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 10:05:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 10:00:58 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 7/24/2012 9:45:23 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
What were your night actions again Logic? Didn't you get an inno on Mestari/F-16?

I lied about my role. I'm not a cop. That partially explains why I kept getting already known results. I have certain abilities that I can use at night to enable my survival until my lyncher is dead. One of these abilities is roleblocking. How does this help you ask? It enables me to claim jailkeeper or brutal cop with relative ease. When I claimed brutal cop I did so because there was a JOAT and back up JOAT. I was sure that no other investigative roles existed.

You know who else can do that? Mafia roleblocker.


Now, I have other abilities. However, I considered role confirmation better than other alternatives like bulletproof. I was pretty sure that my lyncher didn't have night kill powers, so bulletproof only protected against Mafia kills. Hence, I thought roleblocking was more useful than bulletproof.

Look, the town is in a great position right now. The only real threat is some malovolent 3rd party, like a lyncher. If Mafia are alive we'll see this NP. I doubt a doc would protect the right person repeatedly, and we don't even know that one exists!

Lynch F-16, and we'll prove my claim. I have absolute confidence that he is 3rd party. If he's not then something strange is going on. As I said, I'm 100% sure that he is 3rd party.

Then why did you say he was innocent?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 10:07:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/24/2012 9:45:23 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
What were your night actions again Logic? Didn't you get an inno on Mestari/F-16?

lulz
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion