Stranded! Mafia Day Phase Two

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 10:21:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Two days previous

Smith was sleeping in his captains quarters. He had drifted off with the belief that the ship would be safe until morning. He had complete faith in his crew, as they had in him. Suddenly the he was thrown from his bed onto the wall beside it, as the ship groaned raucously.

He lay there for a few seconds, recovering, his arm searing with pain. Slowly getting up to his feet, he quickly examined his arm. His shoulder was already swelling, and he could tell it had been disclocated. Grabbing it, grimacing as he gripped it as tightly as he could, leaning against the wall for support, he quickly jerked his shoulder back into place. He became dizzy for a few moments, teetering on the brink of collapsing into unconciousness, but remained on his feet.

Slowly moving it, he realized he wouldnt have much strength, but it would have to do. He quickly exited his cabin and made his way to the bridge, When he arrived his XO, Samuel Pride, quickly came up, "Sir, we're not sure exactly what happened, but we believe we've struck a rather large reef. The ships quickly taking on water, and we probably have under an hour before its completely sunk.

Smith stood silently for a moment, absorbing what he had just heard, "what do you mean, we struck a reef? How is that causing the ship to sink so quickly? Reefs dont sink ships you fool!"

"We're not entirely sure either sir. Same thoughts gone through all of our minds, seems like someone's just playing a cruel joke on us sir," Pride responded, "but we do know we need to call for an evacuation to the lifeboats. We cant stay on this ship."

"Aye," Smith replied, "sound the alarm. We need to abandon ship. Remember women and children first, make sure everyone remains calm, and be sure to send out the SOS."

"Aye Aye sir," Pride turned around and rushed off, a few seconds later, the an alarm began to blare, along with a voice of the intercom informing everyone to proceed to their assigned lifeboat station. For the next half hour, the ship sank more deeply. Smith was running about assisting passengers along the entire time, speaking to the whole ship over the loudspeakers throughout, helping to keep everything calm. When it was all finished, the ship was almost completely sunk. There was 1 lifeboat remaining, and due to the chaos, not enough room to fit the remaining people.

*Crash*

A flash of lightning suddenly struck out, and it began storming seemingly out of nowhere, winds gusting at the same time. "Theres only room for 20 people, theres 21 of us. Everyone else in, I stay behind." Smith ordered. The storm was increasing with intensity by the second, waves beginning to near the deck of the ship. The lifeboat was quickly lowered, and Smith turned to grab a flotation vest. Just as he slipped it over his shoulders, a wave came crashing over the railing, knocking him over, slamming him into the bulkhead. His arm jolted with pain once more. He staggered to his feet, and dove over the side of the ship, into the water. When he hit, he inflated his vest, and began trying to swim. Not seconds later, the pain and exhaustion causing him to fall into unconsciousness.

*Elsewhere*

A hooded woman stood chanting over the flames. Every few minites tossing a strange powder into the flames, causing them to leap upwards, changing into different colors. Off to the side, a man stood watching intently. Finally the woman ceased chanting and looked over at the man with a piercing gaze. Eyes totally black except for a circle of yellow at the iris. "it is done, soon we shall have some guests."

The man grinned, "excellent, now we shall have some fun. Lets make sure to be at the shore when they arrive so we can blend in." With that both walked away from the fire, into the utter darkness that surrounded it."

*Last Night*

Gaston sat beside the fire, contemplating the tradegy of the previous day. How dare those buffoons lynch Smith after he was willing to sacrifice his life so they would survive! Suddenly another man walked out of the shadows. He was wearing a black hoodie, and Gaston could barely see his face, save for a pair of red eyes that seemed to glow. "Well hello there friend! Is there anything I can help you with? Injured? I c-" A knife slammed into his throat, cutting off his sentence. He slumped over, quickly dead.

The hooded man slowly walked over to Gaston. Kneeling beside him, he recoverer his blade, slowly pulling it out of the now dead mans throat. He brought it to his face, and licked it with a serpent like tongue.

"So sssweet," he spoke in a chilling voice, hissing in pleasure, "I must have more." Suddenly he looked up, hearing the sound of approaching footsteps, he quickly hopped to his feet and sprinted into the darkness.

DEAD IN THE NIGHT

Johnnyboy

BossyBurrito, You are Gaston Lecavelier. A quiet and unobtrusive man, you are the ships doctor. A veteran of the First Gulf War, you are experienced in handling traumatic battlefield injuries. Thus, you are the DOCTOR, once per night you may protect someone, preventing them from being night-killed. You win with the town. 

Lynched Last Day Phase

Greyparrot You are John Smith, the ships captain. Due to your heroism the night of the disaster, those that survived, have you to thank for it. Even going so far as to remain on the ship until it was fully sunk, not one person is ungrateful for your displays of heroism and honor. Thus you are the POPULAR TOWNIE, you take one extra vote to lynch. You win with the town. 

Living Players

1. Medic
2. Apollo
4. OneElephant
5. SarcasticIndeed
6. DaytonaNerd
7. Westernmarch
9. IFLYHIGH
10. HcP
11. LordKnukle
12. NerdyKiller
13. GreyParrot
14. Blackhawk
15. Vmpire
16. TUF
17. xxdarkxx
18. Logic_on_Rail

With 16 players alive it takes 9 votes to lynch!

This Day Phase will end at 11:30 PM on Friday 7/27

Good Luck!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 10:23:13 PM
CORRECTION

Living Players

1. Medic
2. Apollo
4. OneElephant
5. SarcasticIndeed
6. DaytonaNerd
7. Westernmarch
9. IFLYHIGH
10. HcP
11. LordKnukle
12. NerdyKiller
14. Blackhawk
15. Vmpire
16. TUF
17. xxdarkxx
18. Logic_on_Rail

WITH 15 PLAYERS ALIVE IT TAKES 8 VOTES TO LYNCH
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 10:53:32 PM
Dead

Grey - John Smith - popular townie - TOWN
Bossy - Gaston Lecavelier - Doc - TOWN
Full Claim

HcP - Albert Le Fou - miller
Medic - Frederick Tuck - voteless townie

Character Claim

TUF - Horatio Sebastian

No Claim

Apollo
BossyBurrito
OneElephant
SarcasticIndeed
DaytonaNerd
Westernmarch
Johnnyboy
IFLYHIGH
LordKnukle
NerdyKiller
GreyParrot
Blackhawk
Vmpire
xxdarkxx
Logic_on_Rails

Inactive thus far

xxdarkxx
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 10:54:17 PM
Dead

Full Claim

Character Claim

TUF - Horatio Sebastian

No Claim

Apollo
OneElephant
SarcasticIndeed
DaytonaNerd
Westernmarch
Johnnyboy
IFLYHIGH
LordKnukle
NerdyKiller
Blackhawk
Vmpire
xxdarkxx
Logic_on_Rails

Inactive thus far

xxdarkxx

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 10:54:45 PM

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Dark(1/8)- Vmpire

-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:00:00 PM
VTL Johnny for a claim. He's posted far less then normal and we currently have nothing to go on. Dark's next.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:01:22 PM
This is interesting. My role confirms the existence of a serial killer, and yet there has only been only one kill in the night.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OneElephant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:02:32 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:01:22 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
This is interesting. My role confirms the existence of a serial killer, and yet there has only been only one kill in the night.

Really? Do you mind role claiming?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:04:46 PM
At 7/25/2012 10:21:42 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
DEAD IN THE NIGHT

Johnnyboy

BossyBurrito, You are Gaston Lecavelier. A quiet and unobtrusive man, you are the ships doctor. A veteran of the First Gulf War, you are experienced in handling traumatic battlefield injuries. Thus, you are the DOCTOR, once per night you may protect someone, preventing them from being night-killed. You win with the town. 
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:07:17 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:04:46 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/25/2012 10:21:42 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
DEAD IN THE NIGHT

Johnnyboy

Fvck, so janitored.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:09:02 PM
Dead

Johnny - ???????? - ???????? - ??????

Full Claim

Character Claim

TUF - Horatio Sebastian

No Claim

Apollo
OneElephant
SarcasticIndeed
DaytonaNerd
Westernmarch
IFLYHIGH
LordKnukle
NerdyKiller
Blackhawk
Vmpire
xxdarkxx
Logic_on_Rails

Inactive thus far

xxdarkxx

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:09:17 PM
o.0. I did not see Johnnyboy as being dead. He was likely the mafia kill, then.

Also, I don't particularly want to role claim now for various reasons for which if I go into, will be the same as the consequences of me claiming. My role is something like a JOAT, but not really.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:10:16 PM
I'm thinking we should mass character claim and then go from there. If enough people agree to this, I'll be the first to character claim.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:11:10 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:09:17 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Also, I don't particularly want to role claim now for various reasons for which if I go into, will be the same as the consequences of me claiming. My role is something like a JOAT, but not really.

Are you ok with the idea of a mass character claim?

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:13:39 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:11:10 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 7/25/2012 11:09:17 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Are you ok with the idea of a mass character claim?

After having a 400 post argument in a Gangster Mafia game, I vowed to be eternally against a mass character claim within the first few DPs of a game.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:32:15 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:17:00 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I can't vote but Tuf needs to full claim after what happened last dp.

First, what do you think of mass character's right now?

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:36:41 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:32:15 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 7/25/2012 11:17:00 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I can't vote but Tuf needs to full claim after what happened last dp.

First, what do you think of mass character's right now?

Not sure that characters are going to be very helpful in this game, but I wouldn't argue against it.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:44:22 PM
Medic I have already stated that I will not claim if your reasoning was the accident mis-lynch. Greyparrot hammered himself, and am not responsible. I will full claim if there is any other reason. But the results I got last night leave me in between a rock and a hard place, so even if I did out my role, it would only hurt the town. I'm sorry you are going to have to trust me. Results last night have me most suspicious of dark, and maybe someone else, but I want to see his claim first.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:48:01 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:44:22 PM, TUF wrote:
Medic I have already stated that I will not claim if your reasoning was the accident mis-lynch. Greyparrot hammered himself, and am not responsible. I will full claim if there is any other reason. But the results I got last night leave me in between a rock and a hard place, so even if I did out my role, it would only hurt the town. I'm sorry you are going to have to trust me. Results last night have me most suspicious of dark, and maybe someone else, but I want to see his claim first.

okay at least give us a name?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:49:34 PM
Lol @ BH fishing for a mafia slip-up by wanting them to say that we ought to mass character claim. Trust me, Medic and I weren't the right people to ask.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:55:08 PM
At 7/25/2012 11:48:01 PM, nerdykiller wrote:

okay at least give us a name?

Already have. Read the drafter list page 2.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:03:53 AM

It was clear that Grey was going to cast the last vote himself. That was the plan, and the extra vote, yours, is what caused the lynch. The same thing happened to me in another game. Ober threw in an extra vote and I hammered myself. He was mafia.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:07:48 AM
At 7/26/2012 12:03:53 AM, medic0506 wrote:

It was clear that Grey was going to cast the last vote himself. That was the plan, and the extra vote, yours, is what caused the lynch. The same thing happened to me in another game. Ober threw in an extra vote and I hammered myself. He was mafia.

I am not mafia. I saw that the town needed one more vote on him to confirm himself. I still hadn't caught up on the three pages before that to know that Grey would hammer himself. Anyways 21 seconds is quite a period of time just to type "VTL grey". He could have easily seen that before he hammered himself. Anyways, it was quite obviously an accident. I am not going to claim because of that mis-hap yesterday, sorry.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:13:19 AM
I'm sort of surprised that you guys haven't pressured me for my claim. I am offering to claim now. If not, I'll make this offer again at DP4. (if there is one)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:16:09 AM
At 7/26/2012 12:13:19 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'm sort of surprised that you guys haven't pressured me for my claim. I am offering to claim now. If not, I'll make this offer again at DP4. (if there is one)

I would like to know your claim.