Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Action Shows Mafia DP1

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 11:28:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Day Phase 1 OP (Non-canonical):
The USS Enterprise flies over a blue and white planet. The Captain of the ship looks at his crew and asks them to check it out and get more information about it. The curious Lex Luthor takes a peek with his telescope. Getting answers has been his primary motive in life and caused a lot of conflicts for him. His evil nature and desire for control takes over. "I believe it is the planet Earth, Captain." They need me to save them. I will do so by examining every fine detail of their lives and violating their privacy." The Enterprise speeds up and starts orbiting the Earth...

Rules:

1) No copy-pasting role PMs - summaries only.
2) A lynch or no lynch happens when the required number of votes to lynch are reached. No one can unvote although you can continue discussing.
3) I will reveal role PMs once a player is lynched in addition to revealing affiliations. That will be the last post of the Day Phase. No one can post after that and no plans may be made after seeing the role PM and affiliation of the lynched player.
4) No spamming the DPs with posts unrelated to the game.
5) No double-quoting, i.e. if a player responds with quoted text, you cannot quote it again. Use a new post.

Active Players:

1) Drafterman
2) Lickdafoot
3) BlackVoid
4) FourTrouble
5) Johnnyboy
6) Logic_on_Rails
7) Medic
8) Bossyburrito
9) Airmax
10) Caveat
11) TUF
12) IFLYHIGH
13) Buddamoose
14) LordKnukle

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 11:33:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Bossy

for a claim
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 11:50:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Smurfette rule? Why not.

VTL LDF

FYI, my character is part miller.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:00:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, VTL Bossy. Bossy tends to make a lot of mistakes when he is mafia, and therefor is the best pressure target.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:03:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 11:50:05 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Smurfette rule? Why not.

VTL LDF

FYI, my character is part miller.

That character seems to be getting more popular these days :P

VTL LDF
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:26:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm going to character claim now because otherwise my claim is going to seem pretty scummy later..

I am Lucy, from I Love Lucy

I chose 'I Love Lucy' because in Action Movies mafia most of the movies were not actually actions movies (I pointed this out in the game like 5 times)... so I figured I'd choose something in this game that could not be at all confused with an "Action" TV show.. However, I Love Lucy is objectively the greatest TV show of all time, so everyone can assume I have a major power role...
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:38:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 12:24:25 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
VTL Bossy. are you guys serious about pressuring LDF?

No. I was being funny, but I can't speak for these other chumps.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:39:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 12:26:34 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm going to character claim now because otherwise my claim is going to seem pretty scummy later..

I am Lucy, from I Love Lucy

I chose 'I Love Lucy' because in Action Movies mafia most of the movies were not actually actions movies (I pointed this out in the game like 5 times)... so I figured I'd choose something in this game that could not be at all confused with an "Action" TV show.. However, I Love Lucy is objectively the greatest TV show of all time, so everyone can assume I have a major power role...

I am generally suspicious of this claim. You would think that F-16 wouldn't allow a TV show that isn't an action movie, in a theme that relies on pure action.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:41:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
He said he has a power role, so there's no reason to doubt him for now. It's not unlike F-16 to put in a movie that has nothing to do with the theme to make it seem scummy.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:43:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 12:41:27 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
He said he has a power role, so there's no reason to doubt him for now. It's not unlike F-16 to put in a movie that has nothing to do with the theme to make it seem scummy.

I agree. I will drop it for now.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:47:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 12:39:14 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/26/2012 12:26:34 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm going to character claim now because otherwise my claim is going to seem pretty scummy later..

I am Lucy, from I Love Lucy

I chose 'I Love Lucy' because in Action Movies mafia most of the movies were not actually actions movies (I pointed this out in the game like 5 times)... so I figured I'd choose something in this game that could not be at all confused with an "Action" TV show.. However, I Love Lucy is objectively the greatest TV show of all time, so everyone can assume I have a major power role...

I am generally suspicious of this claim. You would think that F-16 wouldn't allow a TV show that isn't an action movie, in a theme that relies on pure action.

In "action movies mafia" there were plenty of movies that weren't 'action movies'..
Debate.org Moderator
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:47:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You're probably right BV, from the games I remember with LDF (like 3), it took two bulldozers, a crane, and three tons of dynamite to get to her claim.

unboat VTL despoticwheatflourmexicanwrap
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:13:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As well, my character is arguably not action-oriented.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:13:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 1:13:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As well, my character is arguably not action-oriented.

If you are going to claim 'partial-miller' you might as well claim now...
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:15:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 1:13:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/26/2012 1:13:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As well, my character is arguably not action-oriented.

If you are going to claim 'partial-miller' you might as well claim now...

Are you saying that since your role is not an action TV show, that you are miller?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:15:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 11:50:05 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Smurfette rule? Why not.

VTL LDF

FYI, my character is part miller.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:17:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 1:15:09 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/26/2012 1:13:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/26/2012 1:13:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
As well, my character is arguably not action-oriented.

If you are going to claim 'partial-miller' you might as well claim now...

Are you saying that since your role is not an action TV show, that you are miller?

LK already said so in what I just quoted above.. my role has nothing to do with a miller whatsoever.
Debate.org Moderator
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:24:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
House MD. My character has nothing to do with doctoring but I am a miller because I am difficult to get along with, have social problems, and have little respect for authority or the law. As well, I have another power which I'm not revealing now.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:24:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 1:20:57 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I'm Bill Compton from True Blood :)

*Facepalm* Of course you are. .... Females....
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:26:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 1:24:18 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/26/2012 1:20:57 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I'm Bill Compton from True Blood :)

*Facepalm* Of course you are. .... Females....

you know you like it. i bet you sneak in when your girlfriend is watching it and drool over Eric.

Besides, there's tons of boobs in the show.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:29:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 1:26:23 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 7/26/2012 1:24:18 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/26/2012 1:20:57 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I'm Bill Compton from True Blood :)

*Facepalm* Of course you are. .... Females....

you know you like it. i bet you sneak in when your girlfriend is watching it and drool over Eric.

Besides, there's tons of boobs in the show.

The boobs are all I watch it for. I read the first book and half oft he second, and thought the theme was really cheesy/corny. Then my mother and girlfriend started watching it and I got dragged into watching it. The show is almost as cheesy as the book.

I don't understand woman and their obsession with vampire sex....
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:35:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I watched season 1. It was pretty good. There's more to it than just everybody being hot.

Unvote VTNL. we dont need more than 3 claims. We should have stayed at 2 imo.