Total Posts:175|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Mentalist Mafia - DP1

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:23:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DP1

Jane stares into the camera, boyish grin upon his face. With his three piece suit and too-perfect smile, his appearance just screams "phony." :) knows that what Jane is about to say will annoy him, even before he speaks.

Reporter: "Mr. Jane, you are a psychic by profession, is that correct?"
Jane: "You could say that, but you could also say that I am an amazing judge of character."
Reporter: "Is that why the police have asked you to consult on the Red John murders?"
Jane: "Yes. I have already worked up a profile on Red John. He is a pitiful man, likely short of stature, looked down on by others. His father died young. His mother neglected him as a child. He kills because he deeply wants to be loved, yet others have spurned him his whole life. It's sad really."

… :) seethed in anger. False pity always sent :) into an unbearable rage. But something about Jane also made him want to be his friend. He slipped out - to leave Jane a nice surprise.

Jane arrived at his beautiful two story home in the pitch blackness of midnight. He laid down his suit jacket on a table near the entryway and called out lovingly to his wife. No response. She must already be asleep. As he walked upstairs, he had a strange feeling that something might be wrong. With a mounting feeling of dread, he opened his bedroom door and saw it – the :)

the :) that would forever haunt his memory. The :), normally a symbol of playfulness. And it *was* meant as a symbol of playfulness, but in a deadly game that Jane suddenly realized he no longer wanted to play. But now he was forced to play.

It's ironic really. At first, the ":) that changed everything" made Jane a better person. But slowly but surely, it transformed him into a worse person. A darker person. He had to become more like the one he most hated - in order to find him. Each step Jane took made him more like :). He had to beat him! But is it even possible to win? Against yourself?

Jane/John. John/Jane. Two classic names. The classic male/female dichotomy. Patrick, an ancient name for Pink. Pink/Red. Red/Pink. The same dichotomy once again. Pink – the timid, gun-shy, lover of people. Red – the darker side of the same coin. Is Jane chasing a ghost or his own tail?

We shall have to find out for ourselves. But if the most interesting theory of all were true, then :) is Jane. He dost know you too well, Patrick.

Active Players

1. Drafterman
2. Blackvoid
3. Logic
4. F-16
5. Medic
6. Fourtrouble
7. Caveat
8. TUF
9. Airmax
10. Budda
11. USM
12. Mestari
13. apollo.11
14. HCP
15. Johnny
16. Ifly
17. MIG

It takes 9 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:26:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Vtl MIG for a claim.

Then probably logic. I want to get the inactives claims first to save us pain later on.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:35:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Scummy scummy scummy

I am a naive cop. Yes, bluesteel legitimately told me I'm naive. I've never seen the mentalist so I assume he has a good reason,

I'm Wayne Rigsby, a cop, but not a good one. Jane is always right, and I'm always wrong, thus im the naive cop. IWWT
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:37:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL Budda

Alright Budda is mafia. I don't know about you guys but i have zero role justification. MY PM is literally You are "___". You are the "___"

Since Budda has justification as to why he's naieve (which i have no clue why Blue would even tell him), he's fake claiming.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:37:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:35:55 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Scummy scummy scummy

I am a naive cop. Yes, bluesteel legitimately told me I'm naive. I've never seen the mentalist so I assume he has a good reason,

I'm Wayne Rigsby, a cop, but not a good one. Jane is always right, and I'm always wrong, thus im the naive cop. IWWT

^^This

IS WORSE THAN A MILLER, i would actually prefer having that as opposed to this. Did all the mods of this site get together and decide to just give me the scummy roles in their games? >_>
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:40:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:37:53 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:35:55 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Scummy scummy scummy

I am a naive cop. Yes, bluesteel legitimately told me I'm naive. I've never seen the mentalist so I assume he has a good reason,

I'm Wayne Rigsby, a cop, but not a good one. Jane is always right, and I'm always wrong, thus im the naive cop. IWWT


^^This

IS WORSE THAN A MILLER, i would actually prefer having that as opposed to this. Did all the mods of this site get together and decide to just give me the scummy roles in their games? >_>

lol.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:41:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:40:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm Dane Kurtik, miller. Getting the claim out there now, and because I won't be able to post much tonight.

Do you have justification for why you're a miller?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:42:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:41:25 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:40:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm Dane Kurtik, miller. Getting the claim out there now, and because I won't be able to post much tonight.

Do you have justification for why you're a miller?

Yes.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:42:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know that in The Wire, my role had no justification either. I don't think the quantity of justification is going to mean anything in this game.
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:42:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:37:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
VTL Budda

Alright Budda is mafia. I don't know about you guys but i have zero role justification. MY PM is literally You are "___". You are the "___"

Since Budda has justification as to why he's naieve (which i have no clue why Blue would even tell him), he's fake claiming.

I also have no role justification in mine. So, I bet that Buddah is lying and/or fake-claiming. Or Blue is screwing with us, which is possible.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:43:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:37:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
VTL Budda

Alright Budda is mafia. I don't know about you guys but i have zero role justification. MY PM is literally You are "___". You are the "___"

Since Budda has justification as to why he's naieve (which i have no clue why Blue would even tell him), he's fake claiming.

Thats some solid logic you got goin on there

A) I dont have justification
C)Therefore no-one has a justification

As for why I was told I ws naive, yeah, thats just freakin scummy as all heck. I'm entirely pissed right now with how utterly and rediculously scummy this role is(which is why I claimed). SOP is to claim scummy roles D1 no?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:43:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:42:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:41:25 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:40:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm Dane Kurtik, miller. Getting the claim out there now, and because I won't be able to post much tonight.

Do you have justification for why you're a miller?

Yes.

Okay, what's your justification? Since you claimed miller anyways.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:44:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:43:21 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:42:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:41:25 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:40:56 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm Dane Kurtik, miller. Getting the claim out there now, and because I won't be able to post much tonight.

Do you have justification for why you're a miller?

Yes.

Okay, what's your justification? Since you claimed miller anyways.

[insert justification here]
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:45:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:43:04 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:37:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
VTL Budda

Alright Budda is mafia. I don't know about you guys but i have zero role justification. MY PM is literally You are "___". You are the "___"

Since Budda has justification as to why he's naieve (which i have no clue why Blue would even tell him), he's fake claiming.

Thats some solid logic you got goin on there

A) I dont have justification
C)Therefore no-one has a justification

As for why I was told I ws naive, yeah, thats just freakin scummy as all heck. I'm entirely pissed right now with how utterly and rediculously scummy this role is(which is why I claimed). SOP is to claim scummy roles D1 no?

That is solid logic. I know I'm town. I don't have a role justification, and I would assume that, becuase I am town, other town players do not have justification.

Therefore, whoever comes up with justification, I would assume to be fake claiming.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:46:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:45:14 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'll be on later. I have no role justification.

I think that proves it.

Lynch Budda at the end of the DP
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:49:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
F-16 has died

Active Players

1. Drafterman
2. Blackvoid
3. Logic
4. MIG
5. Medic
6. Fourtrouble
7. Caveat
8. TUF
9. Airmax
10. Budda
11. USM
12. Mestari
13. apollo.11
14. HCP
15. Johnny
16. Ifly

It takes 9 votes to lynch.

Graveyard

F-16 - ___________________________
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:50:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:45:03 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:43:04 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/29/2012 6:37:37 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
VTL Budda

Alright Budda is mafia. I don't know about you guys but i have zero role justification. MY PM is literally You are "___". You are the "___"

Since Budda has justification as to why he's naieve (which i have no clue why Blue would even tell him), he's fake claiming.

Thats some solid logic you got goin on there

A) I dont have justification
C)Therefore no-one has a justification

As for why I was told I ws naive, yeah, thats just freakin scummy as all heck. I'm entirely pissed right now with how utterly and rediculously scummy this role is(which is why I claimed). SOP is to claim scummy roles D1 no?

That is solid logic. I know I'm town. I don't have a role justification, and I would assume that, becuase I am town, other town players do not have justification.

Therefore, whoever comes up with justification, I would assume to be fake claiming.

That's horrible reasoning. There is no reason to assume that all PMs are cut from the same mold.

In any event, I'm miller because the cops think I killed a girl.

Oops. I have justification. Guess I'm fake claiming.

Better lynch me.
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:51:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:49:01 PM, bluesteel wrote:
F-16 has died

Curse you mafia!

Anyway, I think that we should wait on what MiG has to say about himself, and then go after HCP and/or Budda.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Posts: 4,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:53:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2012 6:51:57 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
That's not horrible reasoning. It's reasonable to expect that role PMs are similar.

At any point, we should test this theory, and get this settled. The sooner the better.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:54:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've already pointed out, in bluesteel's previous game my role had no justification, even though other roles had lots of justification. This is not something to obsess over, and definitely not something to lynch someone on.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2012 6:55:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Telling someone their flavor defeats the purpose of putting it in in the first place. I say we lynch him today. Even if he's telling the truth we lose nothing in a naive cop.