Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Action Shows Mafia DP3

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:08:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Day Phase 3 OP:

*This morning 5AM*
Captain Jean Luc Picard steps out of the Enterprise. The ship was in Sierra Nevada, California. The crew has propped up a tent and were roasting a rabbit on the fire. (How is there a rabbit in the desert?) Captain Picard asks his crew if they got the job done last night. Jack Bauer answers in the affirmative. He never seems to fail.

*Last night*
Jack Bauer glares at the Shelby GT500KR enhanced with multiple additional features. With a sudden emission of smoke from its wheels, it is just about to fly in the air. Tonight the turbo boost was of no help as Jack Bauer had shot down the exhaust pipe and KIIT slams back onto the ground with sparks flying everywhere. He then open up the hood and yanks out the battery. The engine was no longer able to start. KITT is scared to death and starts leaking oil and coolant. Jack tries to talk to the onboard computer but it had been disabled and KITT was beyond repair.

Killed:

1) Caveat - You are KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) from the KNIGHT RIDER, modelled on a Shelby GT500KR platform. You can go into attack mode unleashing a vast range of built-in abilities. Each NP, you may do one of two things, (i) Choose a feature and learn what it does, (ii) Use the ability. You must first learn what an feature does before you can use it. You can use each feature only once. The features you have available to you are:
(a) Nanotech Skin,
(b) Offensive Missiles,
(c) Turbo Boost, and
(d) Self-Destruct. You win with the TOWN.

2) Budda(1) - PETER PETRELLI - Vote Mimic - TOWN - Killed NP1

Active Players:

1) Drafterman
2) Lickdafoot
3) BlackVoid
4) FourTrouble
5) Johnnyboy
6) Logic_on_Rails
7) Medic
8) Bossyburrito
9) Airmax
10) TUF
11) IFLYHIGH
12) Budda (2) (replaced LK)

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:11:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was roleblocked last night and got the same message as IFLY. I can also confirm it hinders passive roles.

I think the lynch that was attempted against IFLY was initiated by scum, so we should get some claims from that lot.

VTL TUF
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:12:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
DEAD
Budda1 - Peter Petrelli (Heroes) - Vote Mimic - Town
Caveat - KITT (Knight Rider) - JOAT - Town

ROLE CLAIMED
LK/Budda2 - House (House, MD) - Part Miller, Expert Puzzle Solver
FourTrouble - ???? - Vigilante
Medic - Ziva David (NCIS) - Deputy (Back-up Cop)

CHARACTER CLAIMED
airmax - Lucy (I Love Lucy)
LDF - Bill Compton (True Blood)

UNCLAIMED
Drafterman
Blackvoid
Johnny
Logic
Bossy
TUF
IFLY
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:21:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:11:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
I was roleblocked last night and got the same message as IFLY. I can also confirm it hinders passive roles.

I think the lynch that was attempted against IFLY was initiated by scum, so we should get some claims from that lot.

VTL TUF

Lol revenge for the mentalist?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:23:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:21:57 AM, TUF wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:11:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
I was roleblocked last night and got the same message as IFLY. I can also confirm it hinders passive roles.

I think the lynch that was attempted against IFLY was initiated by scum, so we should get some claims from that lot.

VTL TUF

Lol revenge for the mentalist?

No. It's because "I think the lynch that was attempted against IFLY was initiated by scum"

Like I said. Airmax and LDF were part of that lot, but we already have their claims.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:26:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do have a power role, but I will claim if enough people want me to.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:46:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
*Insert reasoning from last round for Johnnyboy's claim*

VTL Johnnyboy
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:54:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:46:27 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
*Insert reasoning from last round for Johnnyboy's claim*

VTL Johnnyboy

Refresh my memory.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:06:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would however like to see a claim from Johnnyboy if he hasnt for these reasons:

1) His reasoning behind not only defending Medic, but not wanting him to claim could actually be turned right around as a defense of LK

2) I cant recall ever seeing Johnny so ardently defend someone, let alone post such in-depth analysis and with such frequency also. This is abnormal behavior, and to me abnormal behavior merits a claim

*addition*

3) His hardcore buddying of Medic is a common scum tactic. Buddy with a townie to make yourself appear more innocent. My theory that he was doing this(even before Medic claimed) was further confirmed once Medic claimed.

http://www.debate.org...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:21:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not sure I agree with that Budda. I've seen johnny as mafia, twice, in my own games. He can be both aggressive and and inactive as mafia and I think that depends on the mafia membership.

I imagine that if he is mafia-upped with more experienced players, he would defer to them, rather than act out on his own. However, as Town, I think people can be embolded by the individuality.

I'm also not sure where I stand on the medic/LK thing. I think the issue with IFLY is more telling.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:22:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I guess I'll character claim to get the ball rolling. I am Deborah Morgan, from Dexter.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:29:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:21:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that Budda. I've seen johnny as mafia, twice, in my own games. He can be both aggressive and and inactive as mafia and I think that depends on the mafia membership.

I imagine that if he is mafia-upped with more experienced players, he would defer to them, rather than act out on his own. However, as Town, I think people can be embolded by the individuality.

I'm also not sure where I stand on the medic/LK thing. I think the issue with IFLY is more telling.

Oh, just to note, IFLY has brought up the strategy of claiming to be RB'd while waiving as RB'er when mafia before in certain PM's.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:31:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Unvote

Drafter you make some solid points, I suppose I will keep a further eye on his behavior, and note any inconsistencies or scumminess to re-bring up my desire for him to claim later.

For now, I'll ask, has IFLY claimed?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:31:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:29:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2012 12:21:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that Budda. I've seen johnny as mafia, twice, in my own games. He can be both aggressive and and inactive as mafia and I think that depends on the mafia membership.

I imagine that if he is mafia-upped with more experienced players, he would defer to them, rather than act out on his own. However, as Town, I think people can be embolded by the individuality.

I'm also not sure where I stand on the medic/LK thing. I think the issue with IFLY is more telling.

Oh, just to note, IFLY has brought up the strategy of claiming to be RB'd while waiving as RB'er when mafia before in certain PM's.

Actually it was me and LDF who brought that up.

I'll be on in a few minutes
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:32:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:31:37 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/30/2012 12:29:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2012 12:21:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that Budda. I've seen johnny as mafia, twice, in my own games. He can be both aggressive and and inactive as mafia and I think that depends on the mafia membership.

I imagine that if he is mafia-upped with more experienced players, he would defer to them, rather than act out on his own. However, as Town, I think people can be embolded by the individuality.

I'm also not sure where I stand on the medic/LK thing. I think the issue with IFLY is more telling.

Oh, just to note, IFLY has brought up the strategy of claiming to be RB'd while waiving as RB'er when mafia before in certain PM's.

Actually it was me and LDF who brought that up.

I'll be on in a few minutes

No no, in Pm's in previous games he has brought up this strategy. So he has shown a preference to doing what you and LDf suggested earlier.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:35:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:31:35 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Unvote

Drafter you make some solid points, I suppose I will keep a further eye on his behavior, and note any inconsistencies or scumminess to re-bring up my desire for him to claim later.

For now, I'll ask, has IFLY claimed?

No. He was roleblocked with the same message drafter got.

I was suspicious at first of him being told he was tortured by Jack Bauer, because the OP indicated that Jack Bauer led the night kill, but I dropped it later, as I realized later DP'es would confirm whether he is lying or not. It's true, that he could have forfeited his night action and claimed to be roleblocked, but there isn't any real reason to believe he did this, enough to substantiate a claim, it's more of a theory BV had and someone else had.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:58:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Budda are you really FOSing Johnny for aggressively defending someone? You were in Walmart mafia where we was defending Medic with a passion.

Suspicion list:

IFH - not about the Jack Bauer thing. He's been less active than usual. I'm missing those lengthy posts of analysis he usually makes as town. So far the only analysis he's given is to defend himself and argue against LK. As scum in MQMQM, he acted similarly. Mediocre posting frequency, lacking large amounts of analysis.

Logic - this is more of a hunch than anything. I just think that post he made to "confirm" himself last DP is pretty fail logic and above what he usually is capable of.

VTL IFH for full claim.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 1:01:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:29:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 7/30/2012 12:21:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that Budda. I've seen johnny as mafia, twice, in my own games. He can be both aggressive and and inactive as mafia and I think that depends on the mafia membership.

I imagine that if he is mafia-upped with more experienced players, he would defer to them, rather than act out on his own. However, as Town, I think people can be embolded by the individuality.

I'm also not sure where I stand on the medic/LK thing. I think the issue with IFLY is more telling.

Oh, just to note, IFLY has brought up the strategy of claiming to be RB'd while waiving as RB'er when mafia before in certain PM's.

But that doesn't mean he'd know the message received. The mod has to give them that. So either the mod did (doubtful) or they deliberately chose to roleblock one of their own to get the message.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 1:30:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since drafter got the same RB message, there is no reason to get a claim from IFLY unless you assume that drafter is mafia as well. Otherwise, IFLY wouldn't have known what his rb message said. It would be bastard modding to tell the RBer what his message said.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 1:32:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 1:30:10 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Since drafter got the same RB message, there is no reason to get a claim from IFLY unless you assume that drafter is mafia as well. Otherwise, IFLY wouldn't have known what his rb message said. It would be bastard modding to tell the RBer what his message said.

I've seen it done twice (although it was the same mod), and you were in both games...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 1:35:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 1:32:12 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 7/30/2012 1:30:10 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
Since drafter got the same RB message, there is no reason to get a claim from IFLY unless you assume that drafter is mafia as well. Otherwise, IFLY wouldn't have known what his rb message said. It would be bastard modding to tell the RBer what his message said.

I've seen it done twice (although it was the same mod), and you were in both games...

i know, it was from royal. it was unfair of her to be honest an di haven't ever see that from anyone else. i don't think f-16 would do that. he's more strict.

Let's do some meta, shall we? Who has been mafia before in f-16's game? I was mafia in his harry potter game. I'll go check.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 1:46:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We didnt in Aerial Warfare either. But given that this is a flavored RB message, who knows. I'll ask F-16 if he's open to disclosing the message, but I'm expecting an ambiguous answer.