Total Posts:192|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Redwall Mafia DP1

TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 3:21:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
OP:
The gousim shrews of Mossflower gather around one another in shock and terror, at the sight that lay before them. Hordes of Vermin tromped along the coastline, gather, and garbed in war cloth. All of the Vermin in mossflower, and it's surrounding countries were ready to eliminate, enslave, and theive the peacefull creatures of Mossflower.
There were at least 50 score of the the beasts on shore, led by various commanders. The massive army was made up by any variations of Weasel's, Stoats, Corsairs, Water Rats, Ferrets, Foxes, Pine Martin's, Monitors, Toads, Snakes, and a Massive wolveriene. They were Viscious, hungry, and thirsted for blood. The greed and villany was almost to overwhelming, even for the fierce Gousim sqaud of about 3 score shrews. The Gousim (Guerrila Union of Shrews in Mossflower) , hopped in their log boats as quickly as they could to travel first to the Redwall Abbey.
As soon as they arrived, they did not hesitate to inform the Abess of the brewing attack on MossFlower.
The current Abbess Lycian, responded to the news calmly, though inside she had to do everything she could to shake from worry and fear for the innocent lives of the beasts of her abbey.
"Thankyou, Log-a-Log, Flugg, we will now hold a council of war. Please gather as many of the creatures of Mossflower into the Abbey, as you can."
The Chieftan of the shrews soluted diligantly to the MouseMaid, and went off to run his errand.
--------------
Later, the Abbey was filled with hundreds of the peaceful creatures of Mossflower, for safety, after being informed of the imminent threat.
Inside the Great Hall The leaders of the each group of animal, gather around. Friar Hugo had prepared a fine Meal for all the creatures. For the otters, he preapred the Skippers favorite course: A Bowl of freshwater shrimp Hotroot soup. For the Hares of the long patrol, he served Deeper'n'Ever Turnip'n'Tater'n'Beetroot Pie. The Mice were in the mood for Fria Hugo's Famous Skilly and Duff dish, with a side of candied chestnuts. To down the meal off, the Cellarhog brought up October Ale, Strawberry Cordial, and Buttercup 'n' Honey Cordial.
Abbess Lycian calmy dinged her glass in order to bring the the animals to attention. A hush washed over the creatures of Redwall Abbey as the Mouse spoke.
"Creatures of Mossflower, I hope you are enjoying your stay here at the Abbey, and I promise you all that while you are within our loves, you will experience safety, peace, and nourishment. However, I have gather you here today for a different reason. This, friends, is a council of war. Outside these walls, on the coast, were reported to be a massive hoarde of Vermin. We don't know why they are here, or what their plans are, but based on our reports of their wear, I would say it's safe to assume that these beasts to mean harm. In case of an attack, we need to be prepared."
The abbess was quickly cut off by an uproar stirred within the abbey.
One of the hares of the long patrol shouted "Let's show 'em what for, eh mates? Wot wot!"
The Skipper raised his spoon like a javelin, and shouted " No vermin will be 'urtin any o' my Holt!"
The One of the shrews chimed in for support "Aye, mates, I am ready to tear through dem Vermin Soldiers! What're we waitin' for?!"
"QUIET!" Everyone was so shocked by the booming voice of the small mousemaid, that once again, a hush fell over all the creatures.
"Thankyou" Abbess Lycian stated, calm once more. "I understand your need to want to protect your freedom, and your kin. That is why I have gathered you hear today. I need all able bodied Mice, otters, hedgehogs, and all other beasts to be trained and ready for the attack when and if it comes. I understand there are warrior clans here. The creatures here at Redwall have never known war, but we need to be fully prepared. I ask that we barricade the fortress, and arm all of the creatures."
The leaders all shouted "AYE!" And the meeting was dismissed, as all the creatures set off about completing their tasks.
--------------------
The next evening the sun was setting over the distant horizon, creating a deathly Orange glow over the land.
The wall Gaurds shouted out the warning to the creatures with in the abbey, a good 20 minutes before they arrived. The loud gongs of the Joseph Bell rang out that the attack was coming.
Instantly waves of vermin came crashing into the walls, screaming war cries as they battered the sandstone walls of the Redwall Abbey.
From the wall top, mice let loose arrows, felling, and injuring many vermin. Otters, unleashed rocks from their slings down hard upon the enemy, crushing skulls, and other bones. The Vermin let loose their rocks and arrows back upon the creatures of the Abbey. Large ballista's, Catipults, and Battering Ram's made their way to the giant castle.
It seemed, that the war had finally started.

----------------

Meanwhile, some 30 miles away from the warfare, another hoarde of Vermin gather. This hoarde was considerably smaller, about half the size of the one attacking Redwall.
A few evil looking Vermin watched the battle with deep interest.
Then, a Sly tall weasel spoke to a large ferile looking Rat with a long spear tipped tail.
"Those imbecils. Let them tear away at each other's throats. Our number's may be small, but when they have dwindled each others forces down considberably, we can move in and finish them all and take that grand Castle to ourselves!"
The Rat nodded in approval before responding "Aye, soon the land called MossFlower will have it's new Rulers, Cluny the Scourge and Fehrahgo the Assasin!"

1. BlackHawk1331
2. Medic0506
3. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
4. FourTrouble
5. Bluesteel
6. Airmax1227
7. Buddamoose
8. OberHerr
9. IFLYHIGH
10. Caveat
11. johnnyboy54
12. Daytonanerd
13. UnStupendousMan
14. vmpire321
15. OneElephant
16. Viper-King
17. Mestari

9/17 votes to lynch.

MOD DICLAIMER:
I havesaid this before, but in case any one missed it I will say it again. I have completely eliminated the need for a "balance" in this game. Please discard any thoughts of normal games where balance in numbers is used. That said, this game is designed so that all affiliation stand an equal chance of winning. With that said, good luck, and have fun!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 3:30:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm town. My role PM, as I assume everyone else's does, says that I win when the two non-town factions are defeated.

VTL F-16 for claim due to the potential for non-random mod alignment assignments
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 3:34:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 3:30:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm town. My role PM, as I assume everyone else's does, says that I win when the two non-town factions are defeated.

Indeed. Mine also suggests that Pure Ferrets is some non-town faction.

VTL F-16 for claim due to the potential for non-random mod alignment assignments

VTL F-909
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 3:37:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
K yeah, just read the wall of OP
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 3:39:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
About to be slain

Ober-1/9- FourTrouble
F-16-2/9- BlueSteel, Caveat
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:10:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bluesteel, you seriously suck. Mod psychology fails in almost every game I've played save one. Noob pressure is infinitely better than using mod-psychology to pressure experienced players. We could just as well pressure you. Caveat, you bandwagoned because Bluesteel basically said "I am not mafia because I was mafia last time, so maybe F-16 is mafia this time?" If you go by that reasoning then you should claim as well.

Anyways, I am undecided whether to noob pressure anyone or just pressure Bluesteel based on his suspicious move. Mafia often try to get some claims from experienced players so they have a better idea of what they are facing. I am not buying "I am not mafia because I was mafia last time." The chances of you being mafia in any game is independent of previous games. Besides Bluesteel also makes a very convenient assumption that roles were chosen non-randomly.

I think he is our first lead today.

VTL Bluesteel
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:12:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bluesteel claimed the absolute last in Kill Bill so as to keep all his options open so let's get his claim first this time to save us the trouble later.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:15:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 4:10:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Bluesteel, you seriously suck. Mod psychology fails in almost every game I've played save one. Noob pressure is infinitely better than using mod-psychology to pressure experienced players. We could just as well pressure you. Caveat, you bandwagoned because Bluesteel basically said "I am not mafia because I was mafia last time, so maybe F-16 is mafia this time?" If you go by that reasoning then you should claim as well.

Anyways, I am undecided whether to noob pressure anyone or just pressure Bluesteel based on his suspicious move. Mafia often try to get some claims from experienced players so they have a better idea of what they are facing. I am not buying "I am not mafia because I was mafia last time." The chances of you being mafia in any game is independent of previous games. Besides Bluesteel also makes a very convenient assumption that roles were chosen non-randomly.

I think he is our first lead today.

VTL Bluesteel

Honestly, I didn't even think about a reason for voting. You were the first bolded name that caught my eye so I voted :P I've only been in maybe 2 games modded by TUF and I'm pretty sure both were random role assignments iirc. I don't mind claiming if I must.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:17:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 4:14:43 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also I am a townie and win when tow teams that aren't town are defeated. Bluesteel gave a much more ambiguous statement. Scumtell?

I don't quite follow. That's what he said as well?
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:18:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
About to be slain

Ober-1/9- FourTrouble
F-16-2/9- BlueSteel, Caveat
BlueSteel-1/9- F-16
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:20:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
He said,

At 7/30/2012 3:30:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm town. My role PM, as I assume everyone else's does, says that I win when the two non-town factions are defeated.

Guess it is the same. Maybe he paraphrased his win condition.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:21:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 4:20:05 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
He said,

At 7/30/2012 3:30:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm town. My role PM, as I assume everyone else's does, says that I win when the two non-town factions are defeated.

Guess it is the same. Maybe he paraphrased his win condition.

Eh, the diction is basically spot on.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Posts: 2,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:25:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
unboat

Heading home now. I'll be on later tonight.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:30:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
About to be slain

Ober-1/9- FourTrouble
F-16-1/9- BlueSteel
BlueSteel-1/9- F-16
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:31:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL BS while you are here.

We don't pressure experienced players DP1 (YOU wouldn't like to be pressured early for a claim either since it makes you a kill target - see Action Shows mafia)

We should discourage mafia from doing it by pressuring the person doing it.

The poor reasoning (mod-psych) just adds to the FOS on Bluesteel. I honestly think he is mafia. The last time someone pressured me DP1, they were mafia. It is not definitive but Bluesteel's behavior is consistent with what mafia would do - get claims from their biggest threats so they know what they are facing.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:31:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
About to be slain

Ober-1/9- FourTrouble
F-16-1/9- BlueSteel
BlueSteel-2/9- F-16, vmpire321
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:42:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
re: F-16

OMGUS - scum tell characterized by immediately accusing your accuser.

Manufacturing evidence - scumtell characterized by making mountains out of mole hills.
1) I meant that I'm town, therefore I'd expect other good players to be in one of the other factions. Most mods admit to assigning some affiliations non-randomly. I didn't say anything about past games.
2) I made the same IWWTT type statement you did.

Hypocrisy - just lame in general. F-16, you refuse to claim because experienced players shouldn't have to claim first, say the n00b rule works better, then demand *I* claim. When did I become a n00b?

I haven't seen the n00b rule work in a long time. I keep taking breaks from mafia because I'm bored with the same patterns. Since when is trying something new a crime. If it's *true* that in Kill Bill, me claiming last helped me, then that proves that pressuring experienced players first is *not* a bad strategy. Yet your only FOS on me is based on this being a *stupid* strategy. See the problem?

If not, I don't care. Good players need at least 20 minutes to research fake claims. Pressuring a good player first makes sense to me. Deal with it. At the end of the day, you are just engaging in *blatant* OMGUS and picking up vmpire because vmpire is trolling and admitting to bandwagoning for fun. Good luck with that.

I'll happily claim if people want, but will be pissed as hell if your OMGUS works in making me claim before you.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:49:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hm, normally, I'd back off of you because you got the IWWTT word-for-word correct, but your logic is really bad and I guess it's possible that non-town factions were told the townie statement
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:52:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
re: Bluesteel

1) Your definition of OMGUS is correct. However, it is not a scum-tell. I have seen people claim that it is a scum tell and seen others claim that it is a town-tell! In my opinion, neither of those are true. OMGUS isn't a tell at all. Scum sometimes OMGUS. Sometimes they don't and buddy and try to convince the accuser that they are town. Townies sometimes OMGUS, sometimes they don't. The fact the you consider OMGUS a scum tell is hypocrisy at its finest. Would you like me to go through all your past games and prove that you OMGUS as town in every game you played? I will gladly do that.

2) You claim that I am manufacturing evidence. Again, it is you who are doing it. You assume that TUF did not randomize the roles. You assume that he picked me to be a different affiliation than last time. Both of which are manufactured.

3) Pressuring experienced players should be discouraged. This has even been debated. I didn't say you are a noob. I said that in order to discourage getting claims from experienced players, the pressurer must be made to claim so they learn to not do it in future games. I was pressured first in Golden Garden by mafia. Both people pressuring me were mafia. It is consistent with what mafia would want. Pressure the experienced townie players and out their roles so they better know what they are facing since experienced players use their night actions better. Case in point: I was cop in Companies mafia and investigated two guilties in a row.

- We should discourage Bluesteel from pressuring experienced players by making him claim. If he is mafia, he likely won't think of a good claim. If he is town, he makes himself a target. Either way, he will think twice before pressuring experienced players. If you bandwagon with him, you could be his next target. Food for thought...

I'll let the town decide which way they want to go.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 4:59:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@F-16. Would you have VTLed Bluesteel if he had not VTLed you? Is your reasoning based on the fact that he wants a character from you? Isn't this logic more leading to a FOS instead of getting a claim?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 5:02:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 4:59:20 PM, Viper-King wrote:
@F-16. Would you have VTLed Bluesteel if he had not VTLed you? Is your reasoning based on the fact that he wants a character from you? Isn't this logic more leading to a FOS instead of getting a claim?

Let's ask ourselves why he wants a character claim from me as opposed to the newest player in the game.

I am sure you remember Burn Notice mafia where Royal pressured you and I pointed out that it was extremely mafia-like of her to do that. The reason is that she pressured you (who was more experienced than her). She was mafia.

The conclusion is this: Mafia often pressure experienced players hence I think Bluesteel is likely mafia for pressuring me.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 5:28:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have no problem getting a character-claim from both F-16 and bluesteel. If either one of them is mafia, it will definitely put us in a strong position.