Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Action Shows Mafia DP4

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 11:50:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Day Phase 4 OP:

Ruby (from Supernatural) walks through the crowd of people undetected as she makes her way to the Enterprise. She looked just like a human and there was no way to tell that she really was a demon who could manipulate people on earth.

Lex Luthor stands alone. "Picard is taken, he says." It is just you, me, and Bauer now. I officially pronounce myself king of the enterprise and from now on, you shall all refer to me as Master and must make a daily deposit of $999.95 to my bank account."

Killed:

1) Budda(1) - PETER PETRELLI - Vote Mimic - TOWN - Killed NP1

2) Caveat - KITT - KNIGHT RIDER - TOWN - Killed NP2

3) Logic - Captain Picard - Star Trek TNG - Jailer - MAFIA - Lynched DP3

4) Budda(2)/LK - You are HOUSE from HOUSE M.D. You are a genius at solving medical problems and almost always figure out complex puzzles to save lives. You are the EXPERT PUZZLE SOLVER. To put together the pieces of this puzzle (this game), you may visit a player each night and you will be given 3 words from their role PM selected randomly. You are however difficult to get along with and have social problems. You have also never been too concerned about the law often sending your team to break into people's homes to gather evidence and once going so far as to crash your car into your boss's house. For this reason, you are also the MILLER and apear guilty to the law. Being a fundamentally good person, you win with the TOWN.

Active Players:

1) Drafterman
2) Lickdafoot
3) BlackVoid
4) FourTrouble
5) Johnnyboy
6) Medic
7) Bossyburrito
8) Airmax
9) TUF
10) IFLYHIGH

With 10 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:00:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, what a pickle we have here.

We now know the number of Maf. The fact that F-16 revealed that suggests that the mafia have a very big edge over Town...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:03:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
VTL TUF. not sure why F-16 would give him Deb over Dexter, but I bought it last DP because I figured he was the Cop. Since thats Johnny, I'm curious as to what she'd be, given there's already a Cop and (a claimed) backup cop.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:03:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:22:02 PM, TUF wrote:
I guess I'll character claim to get the ball rolling. I am Deborah Morgan, from Dexter.

"Huh. Her name is Debra in the TV series..."
I think that Tuf might have just googled Dexter characters to find a claim. (I know that he is a Dexter fan, but that doesn't mean he can pull a fake claim out of thin air without making sure that it makes sense)

Very mild FOS on Tuf.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:04:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tuf, Claim.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:07:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:04:12 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
No, thats how the name is actually spelled.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Debra Morgan (Deborah Morgan in the novel series)"
This is Action TV shows mafia.
However, F-16 could have made that mistake easily too.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:10:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
After reviewing DP2, TUF is high on my list as well. He was very quick to spin IFLY's statment re: Jakc Bauer as a scum slip and also heavily criticized LK as well.

LK/Budda2 flipped town and IFLY, regardless of his affiliation didn't "slip" in the sense of revealing any guilty knowledge.

VTL TUF

Role claim at the very least.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:12:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Might as well add some kinder to this fire.
VTL Tuf.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:13:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DEAD
Budda1 - Peter Petrelli (Heroes) - Vote Mimic - Town
Caveat - KITT (Knight Rider) - JOAT - Town
Logic - Captain Picard (Star Trek: TNG) - Jailer - Mafia
LK/Budda2 - House (House, MD) - Part Miller, Expert Puzzle Solver - Town

ROLE CLAIMED
FourTrouble - ???? - Vigilante
Medic - Ziva David (NCIS) - Deputy (Back-up Cop)
Johnny - Raylan Givens (Justified) - Cop

CHARACTER CLAIMED
airmax - Lucy (I Love Lucy)
LDF - Bill Compton (True Blood)
TUF - Deborah Morgan (Dexter)
Blackvoid - Jack Shepard (LOST)

UNCLAIMED
Drafterman
Bossy
IFLY
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:16:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At this point in the game I'm going to claim.

I'm Murdoch from Murdoch (Yo dawg...)

My role is DETECTIVE. I receive game-related info (Don't bother, I know the arguments, bite the fattest part of my a$$. If you're going to FOS me for the role, then just vote and spare me the tired arguments)

NP1: The mafia is powerful. (From this I infer it is also smaller than normal. Perhaps 3-4 players)
NP2: Roleblocked.
NP3: Anyone could be mafia. (From this and the dead player's list I infer that characters are not an indication of affiliation).

I encourage Budda, IFLY, and FT to also character claim. You might have already, but I have not captured it on my list.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:16:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am going to claim, then I am going to finish putting up my DP.

I am Deborah Morgan from Dexter. I am description cop. Each night I learn the Character of a person, and their T.V. show.

Here are my results.

NP1: FT is Spartacus, from Spartacus: Spartacus Blood and Sand
NP2: LDF is Bill Compton from True Blood
NP3: Airmax is Lucy, from I Love Lucy.

These people are all basically confirmed, as none of their names have been mentioned in any of the OP's, and they actually claimed these characters.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:18:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, F-16 has already told us who the last 3 mafia characters are, making your role more powerful than it otherwise would be. So you're basically CCing Johnny as cop?
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:19:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:16:59 PM, TUF wrote:
I am going to claim, then I am going to finish putting up my DP.

I am Deborah Morgan from Dexter. I am description cop. Each night I learn the Character of a person, and their T.V. show.

Here are my results.

NP1: FT is Spartacus, from Spartacus: Spartacus Blood and Sand

I thought he was joking about that. Hm.

NP2: LDF is Bill Compton from True Blood
NP3: Airmax is Lucy, from I Love Lucy.

These people are all basically confirmed, as none of their names have been mentioned in any of the OP's, and they actually claimed these characters.

Confirmed as what? I don't think Characters are an indication of affiliation. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:20:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is my list of suspicions in order:
Tuf
IFly
Drafter
Medic
LDF
FT
Airmax
Johnny
Me

I haven't gotten much of a read of Blackvoid.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:21:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:19:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:16:59 PM, TUF wrote:
I am going to claim, then I am going to finish putting up my DP.

I am Deborah Morgan from Dexter. I am description cop. Each night I learn the Character of a person, and their T.V. show.

Here are my results.

NP1: FT is Spartacus, from Spartacus: Spartacus Blood and Sand

I thought he was joking about that. Hm.

NP2: LDF is Bill Compton from True Blood
NP3: Airmax is Lucy, from I Love Lucy.

These people are all basically confirmed, as none of their names have been mentioned in any of the OP's, and they actually claimed these characters.

Confirmed as what? I don't think Characters are an indication of affiliation. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?

The Mafia is named in the DP though.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:22:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:18:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Well, F-16 has already told us who the last 3 mafia characters are, making your role more powerful than it otherwise would be. So you're basically CCing Johnny as cop?

It basically means that either bossy or IFLY is Jack Bauer (inb4 IFLY is actually Jack Bauer).

The problem I have is that his role is easily fakable and I don't really buy his choices. For example, why LDF, of all people, on NP2? Why not medic, LK, johnny, or IFLY, all of whom came under actual suspicion?

It's a great role to fake as mafia, because the mafia can fake their characters and then have them "confirmed" by this role. For example, say LDF and airmax are fake claiming. TUF could be their scum buddy attempting to lend legitimacy to their claims.

We have Jack Bauer and Lex Luther, meaning by POE it makes bossy and IFLY scum.

I don't think I buy this, especially given my information last night not to trust anyone.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:23:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:22:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:18:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Well, F-16 has already told us who the last 3 mafia characters are, making your role more powerful than it otherwise would be. So you're basically CCing Johnny as cop?

It basically means that either bossy or IFLY is Jack Bauer (inb4 IFLY is actually Jack Bauer).

The problem I have is that his role is easily fakable and I don't really buy his choices. For example, why LDF, of all people, on NP2? Why not medic, LK, johnny, or IFLY, all of whom came under actual suspicion?

It's a great role to fake as mafia, because the mafia can fake their characters and then have them "confirmed" by this role. For example, say LDF and airmax are fake claiming. TUF could be their scum buddy attempting to lend legitimacy to their claims.

We have Jack Bauer and Lex Luther, meaning by POE it makes bossy and IFLY scum.

I don't think I buy this, especially given my information last night not to trust anyone.

Good point. I don't fully trust Tuf yet.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:24:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Should we get everyone to claim this DP?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:24:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:16:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
At this point in the game I'm going to claim.

I'm Murdoch from Murdoch (Yo dawg...)

My role is DETECTIVE. I receive game-related info (Don't bother, I know the arguments, bite the fattest part of my a$$. If you're going to FOS me for the role, then just vote and spare me the tired arguments)

NP1: The mafia is powerful. (From this I infer it is also smaller than normal. Perhaps 3-4 players)
NP2: Roleblocked.
NP3: Anyone could be mafia. (From this and the dead player's list I infer that characters are not an indication of affiliation).

I encourage Budda, IFLY, and FT to also character claim. You might have already, but I have not captured it on my list.

This makes me wonder if FT was faking the logic results to bus him.

TUF, you and LK are all flavored investigators. Doesn't this make FT's claim seem a bit out of place?

I'm going to look back over the previous dp and see if he has any scummy behavior.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:26:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Every else should character claim (bossy & IFLY).

If we are to accept TUF's results, we have the following:

Johnny - Confirmed by own results
FT - Confirmed by TUF's results
Airmax - Confirm by TUF's results
LDF - Confirm by TUF's results

Which leaves Lex Luther, Ruby, and Jack Bauer among:
Medic
Drafterman
TUF
Blackvoid
Bossy
IFLY

Which is bascially 50/50 scum among them, unless Johnny can exclude any innocents.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:26:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bussing Logic makes no sense. Maf were in a good position with 2 straight VTNLs. I dont see why they'd jeopardize that.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:27:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:24:48 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:16:34 PM, drafterman wrote:
At this point in the game I'm going to claim.

I'm Murdoch from Murdoch (Yo dawg...)

My role is DETECTIVE. I receive game-related info (Don't bother, I know the arguments, bite the fattest part of my a$$. If you're going to FOS me for the role, then just vote and spare me the tired arguments)

NP1: The mafia is powerful. (From this I infer it is also smaller than normal. Perhaps 3-4 players)
NP2: Roleblocked.
NP3: Anyone could be mafia. (From this and the dead player's list I infer that characters are not an indication of affiliation).

I encourage Budda, IFLY, and FT to also character claim. You might have already, but I have not captured it on my list.

This makes me wonder if FT was faking the logic results to bus him.

TUF, you and LK are all flavored investigators. Doesn't this make FT's claim seem a bit out of place?

I'm going to look back over the previous dp and see if he has any scummy behavior.

Johnny got results, not FT.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:29:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And I am basically confirmed, unless you think I am the mafia Agent or something.
I am the Agent. I sent messages to Drafter, Budda, and Johnny.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:31:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:29:48 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
And I am basically confirmed, unless you think I am the mafia Agent or something.
I am the Agent. I sent messages to Drafter, Budda, and Johnny.

Yes, I confirm your messages and your role. But not your affiliation. And we'd still like a character.