Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:12:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
MAFIA WINS: BlackVoid, TUF, IFLYHIGH, Logic_on_Rails

Second place: Town

Mafia Roles(4)

1) IFYHIGH - You are RUBY. A demon from SUPERNATURAL. You rescue Sam and Dean Winchester and soon gain their trust. Despite being a demon, your ability to take human forms allows you to appear innocent to investigation. Your skill in manipulating people allows you to mainupulate information. You are the FRAMER/LAWYER. Each night, choose a player to frame/lawyer. If they originally appeared innocent to investigation, they will appear guilty that night. If they originally appeared guilty to investigation, they will appear innocent that night. You win with the MAFIA.

2) TUF - You are JACK BAUER from 24. In the series, gathering information and saving innocent lives is your top priority. You will stop at nothing, not even torture. In this game you are the TORTURER. Each night, you may roleblock a player and torture them for information about what they did that night and the previous nights. I will tell you who they visited each night, and what results they got if any. You will not explicitly learn the player's role although you may deduce it from their actions and results. You win with the MAFIA.

3) BlackVoid - You are LEX LUTHOR from SMALLVILLE. Although you were initially a friend of Clark Kent, your driving force is a curiosity for what you don't know. To fulfill your curiousity, each night, you may peek into the role PM of another player and learn their full role. You are the ROLE COP. You win with the MAFIA.

4) Logic_on_Rails - You are CAPTAIN JEAN-LUC PICARD from STAR TREK: TNG. You are a highly intellectual person and commanding officer of the USS Enterprise. You are the MAFIA LEADER. The final decision on who to night kill lies with you. As captain, you have the ability to exercise your power and lock someone in the brig each night. You are the JAILKEEPER. Each night, you may choose a player to simultaneously protect and roleblock. You are also well known for creating history with the "Picard Maneuver" by accelerating your old ship (The Stargazer) to warp speed making it appear to be in two places at once to your enemies. You may choose to use the Picard maneuver once during the game. This is accomplished by you choosing a direction (left or right) to choose where you want your ship to be. Any player targeting you must also choose a direction. If they choose the same one you did, they are allowed to target you. If they choose the wrong one, they... miss. You win with the MAFIA.

Additional information given to mafia:
- Anyone that TUF targets will be told that they are "being tortured by Jack Bauer to give up information."

- Anyone targeting Logic when he is using the Picard Maneuver will be told "you see two USS Enterprises. Which one will you target, the one at the left, or the one at the right?" by default. The flavor text can be changed if Logic requests a different flavor although the essence must remain the same.

- There are no third parties.

- The OPs may incriminate your character!

- As you can see, you are powerful both in numbers and with roles. The major disadvantage you have is that it is not advisable to claim your real characters and roles. I am telling you this because in my previous games, I handed mafia good fake-claims through their orginal character and role being town-ish. This game is designed in a way to make mafia lie, invent, and fake-claim.

- IFLY is a demon. BlackVoid is Lex Luthor = ambiguous. TUF's targets are told that "Jack Bauer is torturing them, etc" in a very unflattering way. Beware of claiming it. You may of course claim your real character and role if you like. But you have been warned...

**Info NOT given to mafia**
Safe fake-claims: Vanilla, doctor, character LD, tracker, watcher, JOAT, bulletproof, PGO, role-cop, jailer.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:14:16 PM
TOWN ROLES (10 players):

1) Lickdafoot - You are BILL COMPTON from TRUE BLOOD. You are an unusual vampire in that you empathize with humans and try to understand them. You risk your life and social status among the vampires in order to protect Sookie. You are the BODYGUARD. Each night, you may choose a protect another player. If they are targeted for a kill, you die instead of them. You win with the TOWN.

2) BossyBurrito - You are MACGYVER from MACGYVER. You are a secret agent who refuses to carry a gun and are known for your vast knowledge and practical application of science. You are the AGENT. Each night, send a message to a player (max 500 characters). You win with the TOWN.

3) Airmax - You are LUCY from I LOVE LUCY. You have a great knack of getting into trouble and are usually useless in any situation. You are the GOON. You win with the TOWN.

4) Johnnyboy - You are RAYLAN GIVENS from JUSTIFIED, a cop who feels that the ends justify the means. As a COP, each night you can investigate a player innocent or guilty. You retire at the end of NP5. This means that you turn into a vanilla on NP5. You win with the TOWN.

5) Medic - You are ZIVA DAVID from NCIS. Until season 9, you are a probationary NCIS agent after which you become a full time agent. You are the DEPUTY. If the cop dies, you inherit his role. You win with TOWN.

6) Drafterman - You are MURDOCH from MURDOCH mysteries. You are the DETECTIVE. Each night phase, you will uncover information about the game. You win with the TOWN.

7) FourTrouble - You are SPARTACUS from SPARTACUS: BLOOD AND SAND. You lead a revolt against the Legatus Claudius Glaber. For this reason, you are captured, enslaved and forced to be a gladiator and are trained by other gladiators who were also enslaved. You are a GLADIATOR. You have amazing fighting skills. Anyone who attempts to night kill you will die along with you. If you are lynched, the person who lands the killing blow (hammer) will also die along with you. Also, once during the game during the night phase, you may choose a player to kill. You win with the TOWN.

8) LordKnukle - You are HOUSE from HOUSE M.D. You are a genius at solving medical problems and almost always figure out complex puzzles to save lives. You are the EXPERT PUZZLE SOLVER. To put together the pieces of this puzzle (this game), you may visit a player each night and you will be given 3 words from their role PM selected randomly. You are however difficult to get along with and have social problems. You have also never been too concerned about the law often sending your team to break into people's homes to gather evidence and once going so far as to crash your car into your boss's house. For this reason, you are also the MILLER and apear guilty to the law. Being a fundamentally good person, you win with the TOWN.

9) Buddamoose - You are PETER PETRELLI from HEROES. You have the power of empathic mimicry. You can mimic someone's abilities just by being near them. Due to fact that your brother is a politician, in this game, you will mimic, not another players night actions, but their vote. Each night, you may choose to target a player. That player's vote will mimic yours during the next day phase. Whoever you vote for, the player you targeted will also end up voting for them. This will be shown in the vote count. You win with the TOWN.

10) Caveat - You are KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) from the KNIGHT RIDER, modelled on a Shelby GT500KR platform. You can go into attack mode unleashing a vast range of built-in abilities. Each NP, you may do one of two things, (i) Choose a feature and learn what it does, (ii) Use the ability. You must first learn what an feature does before you can use it. You can use each feature only once. The features you have available to you are:
(a) Nanotech Skin,
(b) Anti-missile Flares,
(c) Turbo Boost, and
(d) Self-Destruct. You win with the TOWN.

MORE INFORMATION:

Drafterman's info:

NP1: The mafia is very powerful.
NP2: There were 4 mafia to begin with at the start of the game.
NP3: Do not trust anyone, they could be mafia!
NP4: In general, "good" characters are likely town and "bad" characters likely mafia. However, there are some exceptions in order to confuse town.
NP5: The information you recieve could possibly have been intercepted.

NP6: Tonight is Saturday, your day off. You take a break and relax and try to process the information you gathered during the week.
NP7: Tonight is Sunday, still the weekend. You go shopping, have a hamburger and think about how to win this game.

NP8: Some roles in this game have multiple functions.
NP9: The OPs contain useful information.

Caveat's roles:

(a) Nanotech Skin - Can protect yourself.
(b) Anti-missile flares - Turn yourself into a reflexive roleblocker for that night.
(c) Turbo Boost - Choose a player and dodge their night action. (Can target Logic directly).
(d) Self-destruct - Launch yourself at another player killing yourself and them.

Backup cop:
If the cop is night-killed, Medic will get his power the NEXT night.
If the cop is lynched DP5, Medic will get an investigation on NP5.
If the cop dies on NP5, Medic will inherit no role and will remain a vanilla.
If the cop dies after NP5, Medic will inherit no role and will remain a vanilla.

Balance aspects:

Investigative roles:
Cop
Deputy

Protective roles:
Bodyguard
Inventor

Killing roles:
Inventor (-)
Bomb

Pointless roles:
Goon
Double Voter
Expert Puzzle Solver
Detective
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:16:02 PM
Night Phase 1

Actions

1) LDF Waives
2) Bossy messages Drafter
3) Johnny investigates LDF - Innocent
4) FT forfeits/Waives
5) LK targets Medic
6) Budda Waives
7) Caveat unlocks self-destruct

8) IFH - Lawyer BV - no effect
9) TUF - Kill Budda
10) BV role cop FT
11) Logic - jail Medic - no effect

Responses

1) Drafter - NP1: The mafia is very powerful.

2) Drafter - "Hello, I am Burrito. I will say the word "Apple" in the next DP. I am MacGyver, the Agent (The justification is kinda weird)"

2) Johnny - LDF is innocent.

3) LK - "Until", "time", "you".

4) Caveat - "Launch yourself at another player killing yourself and them."

5) BV - FT's full role PM

Start DP with Budda dead, 13 players alive and 7 votes to lynch.

Night Phase 2

Actions

1) LDF forfeits
2) Bossy messages Budda2
3) Johnny investigates Logic - Guilty
4) FT forfeits/Waives
5) Budda2 targets Johnny
6) Caveat unlocks turbo boost

8) IFH - Frame Johnny - no effect
9) TUF - Kills Caveat, tortures Drafter
10) BV role cop Lickdafoot
11) Logic - jail FourTrouble - no effect

Responses

1) Drafter - NP2: You are being tortured by Jack Bauer to give up information.

2) Budda2 - "Hello, I am Burrito. I will say the word "cake" in the next DP. I am MacGyver, the Agent (The justification is kinda weird)"

2) Budda2 - "a" "of" "this"

3) Johnny - Logic is guilty.

4) Caveat - "Choose a player and dodge their night action."

5) TUF - Drafter recieved the following info NP1: "The mafia is very powerful."

7) BV - LDF's full role PM

Start DP with Caveat dead, 12 players alive and 7 votes to lynch. Write OP about Airmax getting tortured and Caveat ambiguously tortured.

Night Phase 3

Actions

1) LDF guards Drafterman
2) Bossy messages Johnny
3) Johnny is tortured
4) FT forfeits/Waives
5) Budda2 DIES

(Caveat and Budda1 are dead.
Medic, Drafter, and Airmax have no actions.)

11) IFH - Lawyers TUF - no effect
12) TUF - Kills Budda, tortures Johnny
13) BV - role cop Airmax

Responses

1) Drafter - NP3: Do not trust anyone, they could be mafia!

2) Budda2 - You are DEAD.

2) Johnny - NP3: You are being tortured by Jack Bauer to give up information. You are of course unable to conduct cop investigations having been strapped to a chair.

In the midst of the torture, you recieved a message last night "Hello, I am Burrito. I will say the word "Pickle" in the next DP. I am MacGyver, the Agent (The justification is kinda weird)"

5) TUF

NP1: Johnny performed the following action: Investigate Lickdafoot
He recieved the following result: Lickdafoot is innocent.

NP2: Johnny performed the following action: Investigate Logic
He recieved the following result: Logic is guilty

NP3:
You are being tortured by Jack Bauer to give up information. You are of course unable to conduct cop investigations having been strapped to a chair.

In the midst of the torture, you recieve a message "Hello, I am Burrito. I will say the word "Pickle" in the next DP. I am MacGyver, the Agent (The justification is kinda weird)"

7) BV - Airmax's full role PM

Start DP with Budda2 dead, 10 players alive and 6 votes to lynch. Write OP about Ruby and Lex Luthor.

Night Phase 4

Actions

1) LDF guards Johnny
2) Bossy messages LDF
3) Johnny investigates Budda(3)
4) FT waives/forfeits

- Drafter dies
(Caveat, Budda1 and Budda2 are dead.
Medic, Drafter, and Budda3 have no actions.)

11) IFH - Lawyers TUF - no effect
12) BV - role cop Airmax

(TUF and Logic are dead)

Responses

1) Drafter - You are dead!

2) Johnny - Budda(3) is innocent

3) LDF - Hello, I am Burrito. This is just to confirm my role to you :D

3) BV - BossyBurrito - You are MACGYVER from MACGYVER. You are a secret agent who refuses to carry a gun and are known for your vast knowledge and practical application of science. You are the AGENT. Each night, send a message to a player (max 500 characters). You win with the TOWN.

Start DP with Drafterman dead, 8 players alive and 5 votes to lynch.

Night Phase 5

Actions

1) Drafter(2) messages BlackVoid and DIES
2) Johnny DIES
3) FT kills Drafter(2)

(Caveat, Budda1, Budda2, Drafter1, and LDF are dead.
Medic, and Budda3 have no actions.)

11) IFH - Lawyers BV - no effect
12) BV - role cop Medic and kill Johnny

(TUF and Logic are dead)

Responses

1) Johnny - You are dead!

2) Drafter(2) - You are dead!

3) BV - Medic - You are ZIVA DAVID from NCIS. Until season 9, you are a probationary NCIS agent after which you become a full time agent. You are the DEPUTY. If the cop dies, you inherit his role. You win with TOWN.

You also received a message: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec id convallis ligula. Vestibulum volutpat sollicitudin purus, in vulputate tortor ullamcorper volutpat. Fusce laoreet dapibus nibh, fermentum vulputate felis adipiscing at. Phasellus dapibus velit non nibh laoreet vitae mollis eros varius. Praesent rutrum congue sem vel dignissim. Ut arcu sapien, vehicula ut iaculis quis, volutpat non ligula. Nullam faucibus congue metus. Morbi aliquam tincidunt eleifend. Nulla id nulla erat. Sed consectetur lectus libero. Praesent blandit neque nec mauris aliquam pulvinar et imperdiet nulla. Nunc feugiat aliquet tortor, ut semper orci imperdiet eget.

Start DP with Drafter(2), LDF and Johnny dead, 5 players alive and 3 votes to lynch.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:18:42 PM
I have a lot id love to say, but I wasn't lying about having to type on a phone all last DP, so I'll keep it short.

This game was pretty sweet, I was pretty happy with how the mafia played. TUF did a great job outside of that slip, and IFH kind of crept through undetected. We were able to overcome some major slip ups by logic and TUF which F-16 will likely mention.

Town did pretty good too nailing Logic. FT was 100% right about him.

But basically the mafia played really well. I did a 180 on my usual strategy. Normally I push for mislynches and defend mafiosos, but this game I FOSd every mafioso and defended townies. It worked out pretty good.

Medic I wouldnt be angry, i refused to night kill you all game simply because it happens to you so often, lol.

So GG to everyone. Great game F-16, everyone seemed to be pretty involved
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:21:56 PM
"You also received a message: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec id convallis ligula. Vestibulum volutpat sollicitudin purus, in vulputate tortor ullamcorper volutpat. Fusce laoreet dapibus nibh, fermentum vulputate felis adipiscing at. Phasellus dapibus velit non nibh laoreet vitae mollis eros varius. Praesent rutrum congue sem vel dignissim. Ut arcu sapien, vehicula ut iaculis quis, volutpat non ligula. Nullam faucibus congue metus. Morbi aliquam tincidunt eleifend. Nulla id nulla erat. Sed consectetur lectus libero. Praesent blandit neque nec mauris aliquam pulvinar et imperdiet nulla. Nunc feugiat aliquet tortor, ut semper orci imperdiet eget."

What happened to 500 char limits?

Also, FT, WOW. Just wow.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:23:35 PM
At 8/3/2012 12:18:42 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I have a lot id love to say, but I wasn't lying about having to type on a phone all last DP, so I'll keep it short.

This game was pretty sweet, I was pretty happy with how the mafia played. TUF did a great job outside of that slip, and IFH kind of crept through undetected. We were able to overcome some major slip ups by logic and TUF which F-16 will likely mention.

Town did pretty good too nailing Logic. FT was 100% right about him.

But basically the mafia played really well. I did a 180 on my usual strategy. Normally I push for mislynches and defend mafiosos, but this game I FOSd every mafioso and defended townies. It worked out pretty good.

Medic I wouldnt be angry, i refused to night kill you all game simply because it happens to you so often, lol.

So GG to everyone. Great game F-16, everyone seemed to be pretty involved

Next time just go ahead and kill me...lol
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:26:47 PM
fvck. I guess it's my fault town loses.

I told F-16 to kill BV. I dunno why, but at the last minute, I changed my mind and killed bossy/drafter.

I was so sure BV was mafia, yet for some reason I couldn't bring myself to just flat-out kill him. It's too bad, because if BV had died, IFLY would have been next.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:29:49 PM
@BV

The strategy you used in this game is basically how I played as mafia in my past couple games. It was part of the reason I was so sure you were mafia, yet couldn't quite pull the trigger.

@medic

The way you refused to claim on DP1 just made me want to believe you were scum, against all evidence to the contrary. If you had claimed right away, with LK's results, you would have been as good as confirmed.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:47:06 PM
@ Bossy, I didn't count the character since it was Lorem Ipsum filler text and didn't really care. I'll post comments about the game from a mod perspective in a bit.

Also, if anyone have any questions or suggestions for my next game, I would love to hear them.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:57:37 PM
At 8/3/2012 12:49:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
BV is the deadliest mafioso I know. To the point it's probably not worth the risk to let him live in any game. :P
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:03:31 PM
Lol drafter, I was actually really nervous about you figuring me out after MQMQM. When you replaced Bossy I was like "Fuuuuuuuu". But thankfully LDF was lynched instead.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:07:05 PM
At 8/3/2012 1:03:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol drafter, I was actually really nervous about you figuring me out after MQMQM. When you replaced Bossy I was like "Fuuuuuuuu". But thankfully LDF was lynched instead.

Yeah, part of the reason (other than me probably being the least active anyway) was that I wanted someone more skilled to help Town.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:27:35 PM
Concept of this game

My previous game (Action Movies) as you are all well aware went well but with a few glitches. For one, Medic(2)'s role was completely confirmable by a dead role PM and Drafter was the mafia lookout with a free fake character claim as well. This allowed them to play mafia without lying at all. They simply told the truth about everything and there were some complaints from town that it was near impossible to catch them.

This game, I remedied that by giving mafia no confirmable roles at all or any fake claims either. I blatantly incriminated their characters and told town what the mafia characters were. This forced them to lie and come up with both fake-characters and fake roles which is the essence of the game of mafia: mafia lies, town tells the truth, town catches liars.

Since players ignored the "action" part of action shows and sent me shows as wide ranging as I Love Lucy and HOUSE M.D., it gave mafia a wide range of fake claims where they could claim pretty much anything. I left a ton of standard roles available as fake-claims such as tracker and watcher but did not give the mafia a lookout precisely because I wanted them to lie about the results. The optimal strategy would have been for BV to claim Doctor (he did), for TUF to claim Tracker and use his results to GUESS tracker results, for IFY to claim Bulletproof and for Logic to jail IFLY and have FT test it to confirm himself, and for Logic to claim townie roleblocker which everyone would buy given that mafia already had a roleblocker in Jack Bauer.

Town Roles
As could be seen, town had two killing roles, Caveat's and FT's. I am somewhat disappointed Caveat was killed before he could unlock his awesome powers but he wasn't even active so w/e.

As far as protective roles, I simply gave town a bodyguard. It surprises me how many mods give town watchers and doctors - I consider those roles way overpowered. Neither of my last two games had a town watcher or town doctor. And to imagine that some mods give the town both a watcher AND a doctor! This enables confirmed roles to live on till the end giving town an easy win. Only when mafia can kill confirmed townies with impunity can there be an exciting LYLO phase like this one. Of course, in my next game, I may well give town a watcher to go against mod psych - keep guessing :)

Also, the reason I made the cop expire was that as the game goes on, town gets more information and is put in a stronger position. I didn't want the cop to be game breaking. I again am surprised at the number of mods that actually give town a full length cop - that is so OP. In this case, it didn't matter since the game only lasted 6 DPs and 5 NPs. I should have had the cop expire after 3 NPs. Should try it next time.

The back-up cop while seemingly overpowered ended up becoming a mislynch target. LK's role was awesome but the way it was used made it seem scummy allowing the mafia to kill him off without worry of protective roles being on him.

The vanilla being called goon was quickly seen as a mislynch target. Drafterman's info was all really useless and obvious. "Do not trust anyone, they could be mafia."

The bulk of the town power lay in FourTrouble's role. Killing him would kill the killer. Lynching him would kill the hammerer and he had a 1X kill. The "bomb" role could be negated by TUF, but once both mafia roleblockers died, they left themselves helpless to his kills.

Mafia Roles
Before people started making huge games, we actually used to have a "small game" list on DDO where the maximum limit was 14 players. Usually there were 4 mafia and 10 town. I chose the numbers based on that setup because it worked.

Despite there being 4 mafia, they had no fake-claims so I had to overpower them as well. I did so by doubling up all their abilities. Two roleblocking roles, two rolecop type roles, not only a GF but also a framer and lawyer and a protective role to save them from vig-kills. I think it worked out great with them not being too OP.

Balance
I usually try to overpower the mafia but this was the first game I felt was perfectly balanced with town having plenty of powerful roles and investigative abilities. It was fine-tuned to give both sides an exactly equal chance of winning. I really am proud of this game and I am proud of the way most of you played.

I know LDF didn't like the fact that I gave the torture message to the mafia and claimed that I was bastard modding. I would like to say that I wasn't. The torture message was included in the mafia OP. The game was designed that way. Why would it be bastard modding if I told them what their message said.

Mod's eye view of the game
DP1 played like any DP1, a few random FOSses and a no lynch. There were no good leads on NP1 leading to another no lynch on DP2. However, Logic seemed to have stretched a bit too far in trying to get LordKnukle lynched that he was FOSsed and investigated. Mafia's biggest mistake at that time was not lawyering him which led to his lynch.

DP3 led to quick TUF lynch due to 2 slip ups from TUF and he was caught by FourTrouble and Lickdafoot. Both should have been "confirmed." The most hilarious part to me was that next DP, they argued about who caught him and town surprisingly discredited the fact that LDF was part of the reason TUF was caught and lynched her anyways!

The mafia were put in a dire situation by having both their roleblockers dead and plenty of town power roles left. However, if IFLY lawyered BV, and since IFLY was GF, there was no way a cop could get a guilty on any of them.

FT was about to kill BV but at the last minute changed to Drafterman. This was a game changing decision. Had BV flipped mafia rolecop, IFLY's results on him would have been questioned since he claimed that BV visited an already claimed role. IFLY would have been lynched.

However, BV was able to convince FT to lay off and when Budda voted for Medic, mafia hammered. An amazingly close game with an incredible preformance by the mafia.

Mafia MVP : BlackVoid - The most dangerous mafioso on DDO.
Other good player: IFLY - I would say this was his coming of age game as mafia tricking many experienced players like FT, Drafterman, Medic, and Lickdafoot.

Town MVP : FourTrouble for catching Logic, and TUF and saving LordKnukle
Other good players: Drafterman breathed life back into a stagnating game and put the town back on track. Budda was happy to replace in multiple times and provided good analysis.

Closing thoughts
I am really proud of the way everyone played so optimally and made this an incredibly close game all the way to the finish line and made this a success. My next game is going to be on recycled DDO roles where I will use roles used before by various mods on DDO in their games. It will likely be in about a couple of months considering the size of the mod-list. I haven't made it yet - I tend to focus on one game at a time.

Since you guys are so amazing, I will personally invite you guys to the game before it begins and only if YOU guys decline will there be any open spots left for others.

Constructive criticisms
I always tend to take them favorably. For instance, I acted on the feedback from my last game to not make mafia too confirmable. Any feedback and constructive criticism will be taken favorably and used when designing my next game so feel free to say anything about balance, modding, play of your fellow teammates etc.

Overall, I have to say, this was successful. I hope you enjoyed it a lot - both town and mafia.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:35:05 PM
I just skimmed through most of the DPs and falcon's comments; this seemed like a really well-played and fun game. I would have been active as usual but DP2 occurred over a weekend when I took a trip back home. I was really really looking forward to suicide-bombing someone. Sorry I couldn't fulfill my destiny F-16 :(

Grats on the win mafia and thanks for modding F-16, despite my minimal time spent alive!
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:44:33 PM
At 8/3/2012 12:26:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
fvck. I guess it's my fault town loses.

I told F-16 to kill BV. I dunno why, but at the last minute, I changed my mind and killed bossy/drafter.

I was so sure BV was mafia, yet for some reason I couldn't bring myself to just flat-out kill him. It's too bad, because if BV had died, IFLY would have been next.

Don't sweat it, we didn't lose just because you killed Bossy. We made several mistakes that played into it.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:47:25 PM
At 8/3/2012 12:49:57 PM, drafterman wrote:
BV is the deadliest mafioso I know. To the point it's probably not worth the risk to let him live in any game. :P

New SOP's

DP 1- Mass character claim then VTNL
DP 2- Reveal all results then Lynch BV
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:58:31 PM
I honestly attribute our win solely to blackvoid. IFLY did good too, but as far as leading the town into believing him, BV was absolutely pro.

This was a fun game. I realize now how easy it is to slip up, and that I need to be a lot more careful in the future. GG town!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 2:08:45 PM
I think this was an interesting game. I just wish LDF didn't OMGUS me so much. That really made me believe that she was mafia.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 2:42:18 PM
I thought the game was very well-balanced. Town had ample chance to win, and just made some crucial mistakes, myself included.

I apologize for being wrong Medic, and to everyone else I suppose. Regardless it was an intensely fun game.

BV definitely deserves MVP, but IFLy did awesome as well, GG
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 2:50:05 PM
At 8/3/2012 2:42:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
I thought the game was very well-balanced. Town had ample chance to win, and just made some crucial mistakes, myself included.

I apologize for being wrong Medic, and to everyone else I suppose. Regardless it was an intensely fun game.

BV definitely deserves MVP, but IFLy did awesome as well, GG

Don't worry about it, just start trusting me. I'd never lie to you guys.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 2:53:33 PM
At 8/3/2012 2:50:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Don't worry about it, just start trusting me. I'd never lie to you guys.

lol
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 6:06:59 PM
A great, very finely balanced game. I just wish I'd played better and wasn't plagued by inactivity.

Basically, I came into DP 2 having to catch up ultra fast due to inactivity. And I thought 'let's claim vanilla!' , but be subtle about it, following recent trends indicating vanilla claims might be safe again. Of course, the plan was for me to be a town jailkeeper... way to botch that. I screwed up again though, because FT recognised that trusting LK to do the right thing... not a town idea at all. By the way, FT was great, so we were lucky to rolecop his bomb like abilities NP 1.

NP 2 was critical. I was aware I'd overpushed (would have worked if LK hadn't been replaced probably!) and kept voicing concerns about being copped. I was pushing for lawyering. Eventually I let the issue slide and we went ahead... to frame the cop. My lack of insistence here led to my lynch. If I hadn't played badly here I think the Mafia would have steamrolled almost. I think the vanilla claim was a good one regardless.

Let me say though that that was an absolutely sublime performance by Blackvoid. A high quality game from all. I just wish I could have read the later DPs (curse inactivity) .

F-16, a great game, well modded, and good player performance. A treat even if I failed to play well. My only critique might be that the Mafia had a minute advantage coming into this game, but I can't really prove that, and the game was definitely well balanced + critically, it didn't have tremendous swing issues! Good work.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 7:08:40 PM
Wish I could have been more active during the last DP.

Great game. I like these choose your own character games.

We should do romance novels next.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:13:07 PM
At 8/3/2012 7:08:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Romance novels?? How many guys are gonna know even one character from a romance novel?? The only one I know is Fabio.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:55:06 PM
At 8/3/2012 11:13:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/3/2012 7:08:40 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Romance novels?? How many guys are gonna know even one character from a romance novel?? The only one I know is Fabio.

Twas a joke.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 1:04:37 AM
I totally agree with the Mafia MVP and Town MVP. I would like to say though that TUF deserves some credit for his actions DP2. In a way, I think his FOS on me helped fight off suspicion for alot of the game. Budda also played great for refusing to lay off me. I should of just character claimed on DP2...

Only thing I regret is my lack of activity. This was not part of my strategy, just due to some stuff coming up. Hopefully in future games by F-16, I will be able to be much more active.

Great job modding an awesome game F-16. GG everyone.