The Mentalist Mafia - DP5

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 11:22:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
DP5

With Patrick out of the way, Red John was assured victory. The CBI was not even close to finding him and had not properly studied his history. They didn't even realize that he didn't care which of them he recruited and then discarded. They were merely his play-things. The greatest serial killer to ever live, and they had vastly underestimated him… How dare they? His eyes flashed with anger.

He missed Jane. At least Jane was a challenge…

Active Players

1. Lickdafoot
2. Blackvoid
3. Logic
4. MIG (mestari)
5. Ifly
6. Fourtrouble
7. Caveat
8. USM (blackhawk)
9. Airmax (zaradi)
10. Budda

It takes 6 votes to lynch.

Graveyard

F-16 - ___________________________ (killed DP1)

Johnny - ________________________ (killed DP2)

Mestari - Karen Kross – Reporter. You are a pretty annoying upstart reporter, determined to get her story. You can thus publish whatever you like in the OP. Submit some text before the end of the NP and I'll "publish" it in the OP. If you fail to submit it on time, you miss your deadline and forfeit your turn. A good reporter needs to stay on top of her game. In addition, your editor finds you annoying, so you are limited to 200 characters (with spaces). You win with the town. (lynched DP2)

Medic - _____________________________ (killed DP3)

TUF - Kristina Frye – Psychic and the love of Jane's life. On NP2, you will be told how many mafiosos were in on the DP2 lynch vote. You win with the town. (killed NP3)

HCP - _______________________________ (killed DP4)

Apollo - Patrick Jane – You read body language and are able to tell when anyone is lying. Thus, you are the Lie Detector. You also appear guilty to investigations (see DP1 OP). You win with the town. (lynched DP4)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 11:29:32 AM
At 8/10/2012 11:22:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:
DP5

With Patrick out of the way, Red John was assured victory. The CBI was not even close to finding him and had not properly studied his history. They didn't even realize that he didn't care which of them he recruited and then discarded. They were merely his play-things. The greatest serial killer to ever live, and they had vastly underestimated him… How dare they? His eyes flashed with anger.

He missed Jane. At least Jane was a challenge…

Cult maybe? And it seems town is screwed?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 11:36:44 AM
Well Zaradi said he couldn't open up a PM with Apollo even though Apollo was the protaganist. We know he wasn't rb'd because

A) That would mean there is three rb'ers which is absurd.
B) From what I have seen, the rb'd person is told they are rb'd. Zaradi did not claim to be rb'd.

I would like an explanation from Zaradi and most likely a lynch.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:02:29 PM
At 8/10/2012 11:22:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Apollo - Patrick Jane – You read body language and are able to tell when anyone is lying. Thus, you are the Lie Detector. You also appear guilty to investigations (see DP1 OP). You win with the town. (lynched DP4)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net...
Sapere Aude!
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:19:16 PM
Due to Apollo flipping Patrick Jane and LD/Miller, the following are CONFIRMED TOWN:

LDF, Mestari(2), Zaradi(Airmax) via Apollo's flip.
Medic via Mestari(2).

budda, FT, IFH, and caveat are UNCONFIRMED and INSIDE the Sensor results. One is scum.
BV, BH(USM), and Logic are UNCONFIRMED and OUTSIDE Sensor results. They are all scum.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:23:33 PM
DEAD
F-16 - ???? - ???? - ????
johnny - ???? - ???? - ????
Medic - ???? - ???? - ???? [Grace Van Pelt - Cop that sends results to Patrick Jane]
HCP - ???? - ???? - ???? [James Panzer - Overeager Vig]
Mestari - Karen Cross - OP Modifier (200 characters) - TOWN
TUF - Kristina Fry - DP2 1x Sensor
Apollo - Patrick Jane - Miller/LD

ROLE CLAIM
Budda - Wayne Rigsby - Naive Cop
Fourtrouble - Teresa Lisbon - Cop
IFLY - Rosalind Harker - Doctor
Caveat - Gale Bertram - Vanilla
LDF(drafter) - Dane Kurtik - Miller
BV - Summer Edgecombe - Roleblocker
BH(USM) - Bret Stiles - Mason Recruiter
Logic - J.J. La Roche - Jailkeeper
Mestari(2)(MIG) - Luther Wainwright - Receives Patrick Jane's results
Zaradi(Airmax) - Madeleine Hightower - Lover (if target is Patrick Jane, enters PM)
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:28:26 PM
1. Does anyone know if bluesteel shows cult recruitment when someone flips?
2. Why do we even have a Doctor?
3. I suggest we go for BV, Logic, or BH(USM) today.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:49:36 PM
The OP explain a lot. With a multi-recruitment power, its reaonable for there to be only 2 starting mafia with a 2-shot recruit to make 4. That could mean there were only 2 mafiosos at the time TUF sensored the lynch, which means someone outside of the sensor results (me) can be town.

I thought this post by Logic was interesting.

At 8/8/2012 2:57:14 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
It's impossible for me to be aligned with Apollo.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:51:54 PM
At 8/10/2012 12:28:26 PM, caveat wrote:

I don't really know either. Logic is a flavored doc, so why do we need two protective roles at night if there is no nk? Not to mention there seems to be no protective roles for the dayphase.

I just don't see how both BV and Logic can be mafia. The only time I have ever seen mafia have two roleblockers is in Action shows. And even then, they were smart enough to not have both claim roleblocker. And why wasn't Zaradi able to start a PM with Apollo? Not to mention town already has a role that allows for communication at night. Why would town need another?

I don't know if I trust Apollo's results at this point. I don't see how his character leaves room for being insane LD, but maybe it is possible mafia have an ability to screw with his results. I wouldn't be surprised seeing how many investigators there are.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 12:54:17 PM
Recruitment powers also explain how TUF could only sensor the DP2 lynch. He would get results only on the starting (presumably 2) mafiosos, which would "clear" the people who would eventually be recruited. Which is a move Bluesteel would definently do.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:03:08 PM
Even though there's a crapload of janitor'd players, we should still get everyone's full claim this DP since its possible LYLO and hope some people can confirm themselves.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:04:35 PM
At 8/10/2012 12:54:17 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Recruitment powers also explain how TUF could only sensor the DP2 lynch. He would get results only on the starting (presumably 2) mafiosos, which would "clear" the people who would eventually be recruited. Which is a move Bluesteel would definently do.

I'm actually considering my theory that Red John was the only scum in this game might be true. "recruited and then discarded" seems to suggest the recruits aren't permanent... perhaps he kills them during the DP after being recruited?
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:04:36 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:03:08 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Even though there's a crapload of janitor'd players, we should still get everyone's full claim this DP since its possible LYLO and hope some people can confirm themselves.

Everybody has full claimed...
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:05:08 PM

I posted the full list on the first page. I'm pretty sure it's correct.
IFLYHIGH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:06:59 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:04:35 PM, caveat wrote:

I'm actually considering my theory that Red John was the only scum in this game might be true. "recruited and then discarded" seems to suggest the recruits aren't permanent... perhaps he kills them during the DP after being recruited?

The OP makes it seem we are at MYLO or LYLO which would not be the case if Red John is the only scum. Not to mention not being able to keep your recruits seems a little unfair to mafia.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:07:39 PM
Actually wait...3 of the 4 janitored players had already role claimed before they were killed.

I guess this means that mafia didnt need any more free fake claims after F-16's death...does this mean there was only 1 starting mafia (Red John) with a x2 or x3 recruit? This is confusing.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:08:44 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:04:36 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

Everybody has full claimed...

Alright I didnt see that. I'll look at the drafterlist.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:09:34 PM
At 8/10/2012 12:51:54 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:
At 8/10/2012 12:28:26 PM, caveat wrote:

I don't really know either. Logic is a flavored doc, so why do we need two protective roles at night if there is no nk? Not to mention there seems to be no protective roles for the dayphase.

I just don't see how both BV and Logic can be mafia. The only time I have ever seen mafia have two roleblockers is in Action shows. And even then, they were smart enough to not have both claim roleblocker. And why wasn't Zaradi able to start a PM with Apollo? Not to mention town already has a role that allows for communication at night. Why would town need another?

Well it is Logic and BV, I wouldn't put something this extravagant past them. It would have gotten one of them hard confirmed if not for the Sensor results.

I don't know if I trust Apollo's results at this point. I don't see how his character leaves room for being insane LD, but maybe it is possible mafia have an ability to screw with his results. I wouldn't be surprised seeing how many investigators there are.

No. Jane should be the only one that we do trust. I think we were supposed to deduce that from all the investigative roles and the show itself.

I'm starting to question how many scum were even present to begin with. There actually aren't that many antagonistic characters in the show; even those who associated with or were used by Red John were few and far between.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:10:57 PM
perhaps he kills them during the DP after being recruited?

This would be possible, except F-16 died on DP1 which is presumably before any recruitment could take place.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:11:32 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:06:59 PM, IFLYHIGH wrote:

The OP makes it seem we are at MYLO or LYLO which would not be the case if Red John is the only scum. Not to mention not being able to keep your recruits seems a little unfair to mafia.

Not if there is so much confusion due to your janitored-day-kills and all the scumminess of BH(USM), two roleblockers, flavoured cops, redirection of results, etc. That would actually be an amazing setup.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:20:08 PM
Well forget my subtle FOS on Logic. He claimed on DP1 that he's an IA member and has a role he's known for fake claiming as mafia, which definently is jailkeeper. So he basically full claimed on DP1. I'll buy him as town despite his pushing for Apollo's lynch.

I guess he could have been recruited, but he's at least probably not a starting mafia.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:26:52 PM
So given we're dealing with recruitments (assuming mafia didnt write the OP), then based off roles alone I don't have the slightest clue who to lynch. I'll reread some DPs and see if I notice any behavioral tells. I also hope FT is town because his behavioral analysis is probably the best out of the people alive.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 1:45:54 PM
On another note, it makes a lot of sense for the mafia to recruit a Miller, since if they're investigated guilty as scum it doesn't hurt them. So keep LDF in mind even though she was LD'd inno on NP1.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:30:49 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:43:49 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Wait what? MiG claimed to be Lucy on DP1, but the drafterlist shows him as Luther Wainwright.

And thats shocking coming from MIG because?

Anyways, yeah, still barely have a grasp of whats goin on in this game...

Its rather confusing, with the janitors and other crazy things
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:14:51 PM
Catching up.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:26:55 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:11:32 PM, caveat wrote:

Not if there is so much confusion due to your janitored-day-kills and all the scumminess of BH(USM), two roleblockers, flavoured cops, redirection of results, etc. That would actually be an amazing setup.

Would you please explain what I have done that was scummy? To hell with USM's behavior. Tell me what I've done scummy. Nothing. Now, unless USM's changed a lot recently, he doesn't play in many games. That would make it hard to pin down his normal scum and town behavior. Did you ever, for one moment, stop to think that USM's town play is just plain scummy? There are player like that, you know. Royal admitted to playing anti-town as a practice. Bossy, nerdy and vmpire also tend to come off as scum regardless of their affiliation and VK has a habit of doing it on occasion. Not as often now, but he used to.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:29:01 PM
At 8/10/2012 1:45:54 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
On another note, it makes a lot of sense for the mafia to recruit a Miller, since if they're investigated guilty as scum it doesn't hurt them. So keep LDF in mind even though she was LD'd inno on NP1.

Recruited he to masons last np.

Crazy thought, what if BS's the mafia? I know FREEDO or someone did a game like that once, and I've been considering doing one too.

caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:33:28 PM
At 8/10/2012 5:26:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 8/10/2012 1:11:32 PM, caveat wrote:

Would you please explain what I have done that was scummy? To hell with USM's behavior. Tell me what I've done scummy. Nothing. Now, unless USM's changed a lot recently, he doesn't play in many games. That would make it hard to pin down his normal scum and town behavior. Did you ever, for one moment, stop to think that USM's town play is just plain scummy? There are player like that, you know. Royal admitted to playing anti-town as a practice. Bossy, nerdy and vmpire also tend to come off as scum regardless of their affiliation and VK has a habit of doing it on occasion. Not as often now, but he used to.

Your character + Sensor results.